Jump to topic:

Does God Learn Or Ever Worked Hard ?

IRONHIDE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 8:24:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Most who have read or participated any, of the discussion in my other "Lake Of Fire" thread, knows I hold a view of universal reconciliation.

In this thread, I would like to discuss, if God, has ever suffered a real days hard work, I mean like toiled hard, or ever learned, producing wisdom as a result from trials he suffered ?

Or has it always been a cake walk for him ?

Does the Bible answer these questions ?

With that, I welcome views and thought on those questions and look forward to a lively discussion.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 9:03:43 PM
At 1/8/2015 8:24:00 PM, IRONHIDE wrote:
Most who have read or participated any, of the discussion in my other "Lake Of Fire" thread, knows I hold a view of universal reconciliation.

In this thread, I would like to discuss, if God, has ever suffered a real days hard work, I mean like toiled hard, or ever learned, producing wisdom as a result from trials he suffered ?

With that, I welcome views and thought on those questions and look forward to a lively discussion.

That depends on how you define God.
Is God an invisible supernatural character?
Is God a personification of humans?
Is God an anthropomorphism of life?

Humans work hard and learn many things in many different ways.
Humans are gods according to ...
Psalm 82:6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.
John 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

As a corporate body of gods, humans are the body of God on planet Earth.
IRONHIDE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 9:34:38 PM
At 1/8/2015 9:03:43 PM, Skyangel wrote:

Good questions... I personally accept he is a Spirit entity with Sovereign powers who then produced a Son, who later sent his son making him lower than the angels. And his Son actually died, The spirit creature died, Not just the carcass that housed him, but the spirit creature him self and the spirit creature was resurrected back to life by the father spirit.

That is just my personal belief.

Psalm 82:6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.
John 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

But, as you know, I accept the whole bible as true and when reading it, I find this interesting account recorded in proverbs talking of wisdom ( which I believe is the birthing of his Son)

Proverbs 8:24

When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water

Proverbs 8:25

Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth

"Brought Forth" in the Hebrew is the word " chuwl "

ii.to writhe (in travail with), bear, bring forth

ii.writhing, suffering torture

So leads me to ponder, If that is the case as recorded. Did God endure longsuffering in producing and creating his son and gain wisdom in doing so
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 10:34:31 PM

God is the same today as he was yesterday and will be into all eternity.

God is Spirit=mind and He is the only constant in that he is constantly evolving. Show to me a mind that has ceased to evolve and I will show to you a mind that has ceased to exist.
The tongue, the sharp two edged sword that divides the spirit from the soul.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 11:00:40 PM
At 1/8/2015 9:34:38 PM, IRONHIDE wrote:

Good questions... I personally accept he is a Spirit entity with Sovereign powers who then produced a Son, who later sent his son making him lower than the angels. And his Son actually died, The spirit creature died, Not just the carcass that housed him, but the spirit creature him self and the spirit creature was resurrected back to life by the father spirit.

If God is a Spirit then God is not a "He" but an "it"
Spirits have no gender. They are neither male nor female. Eg the spirit of LOVE is not male nor female but exists and manifests through both males and females.
The Spirit of Love has no sovereign powers. Love IS a power/force. It is not a supernatural entity which has any sovereign power any more than Mother Nature is a supernatural entity which has some sovereign power over nature.

Spirits also do not produce "a Son" in the form of a human.
Spirits reproduce spirits. Love produces Love. Truth produces Truth. Anger produces anger...etc. Every spirit reproduces after its own kind.
Flesh reproduces flesh after its own kind.
Reproducing "after ones own kind" is a principle which applies to both flesh and spirit.
John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Spirits cannot die because they are immortal. The Spirit of Truth abides forever. What makes you think spirits can die?
Flesh dies because it is mortal.

But, as you know, I accept the whole bible as true and when reading it, I find this interesting account recorded in proverbs talking of wisdom ( which I believe is the birthing of his Son)

What do you mean that you accept the whole bible as true? Do you believe in talking animals and talking plants? Do you believe those things are literal or do you understand they are allegorical?
If anything gave birth to wisdom it would be wisdom itself.
The "only begotten son" of wisdom is wisdom.
The "only begotten son" of any spirit is the same spirit because of the principle of all things bringing forth after their own kind.

Proverbs 8:24

When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water

Proverbs 8:25

Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth

"Brought Forth" in the Hebrew is the word " chuwl "

ii.to writhe (in travail with), bear, bring forth

ii.writhing, suffering torture

So leads me to ponder, If that is the case as recorded. Did God endure longsuffering in producing and creating his son and gain wisdom in doing so

Ponder the principle of all things bringing forth after their own kind. The "mature" version of anything at all brings forth an immature version of itself through whatever "birthing process" it goes through, painful or not. Then the immature version needs to develop into the mature version which in turn repeats the cycle of Life with the same principles and processes.

In effect God is the cycle of Life not some supernatural entity outside of Life. Life creates its own "suffering" in a sense due to "sacrificing" itself for itself in order to reproduce itself" It is living and dying at the very same time. It is constantly recycling itself.

That which is eternal and infinite cannot gain anything due to already being infinite. You cannot add anything or take anything away from infinity because it consists of all that exists, all that ever existed in the past and all that ever will exist in the future.
Existence itself is the great "I am that I am" .
Anything at all that exists says " I am that I am " simply by existing regardless of whether humans can see it and understand it or not.

The great "I am" is not an invisible supernatural entity which is separate from all that exists but is existence itself.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 11:02:00 PM
At 1/8/2015 10:34:31 PM, Gentorev wrote:

God is Spirit=mind and He is the only constant in that he is constantly evolving. Show to me a mind that has ceased to evolve and I will show to you a mind that has ceased to exist.

Dead minds have ceased to evolve.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 12:03:46 AM

Our Creator is the only one who has ever worked. He made us think we're doing work but in reality, He's the only one who planned, created and formed everything.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 3:06:55 AM
At 1/8/2015 11:02:00 PM, Skyangel wrote:

Correct! I have told you this before, the minds of the dead, have no senses with which to gather any more information and they can no longer evolve, unless their bodies are resurrected.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 4:40:09 AM

This>
is contradicted by this.>
Well done.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 5:04:43 AM
At 1/9/2015 4:40:09 AM, bulproof wrote:

This>
Well done.

Not that i would expect you to understand or even comprehend that which you read, but because God has been evolving for all eternity, he was evolving yesterday, he is evolving today and he will continue to evolve for all eternity, he is the only constant in that he constantly evolves.
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 5:11:59 AM
At 1/9/2015 5:04:43 AM, Gentorev wrote:

This>
Well done.

Not that i would expect you to understand or even comprehend that which you read, but because God has been evolving for all eternity, he was evolving yesterday, he is evolving today and he will continue to evolve for all eternity, he is the only constant in that he constantly evolves.

Where in scripture does it say that God is constantly evolving? Perhaps the human concept of God evolves.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 5:19:44 AM
At 1/9/2015 5:04:43 AM, Gentorev wrote:

This>
Well done.

Which means precisely what I said.
This>
Is a falsehood.

Why do you people have so much problems with contradictions?
Oh that's right you must refuse to even acknowledge contradictions or else you are believing nonsense.
A shame really, how you can't use honesty to support your claims of a god existing.
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 5:23:16 AM

Can an entity floating in the ether work hard? Toil is a physical action. There is no indication that God exists in the physical sense at all. So I would have to say that God wouldn't be working hard the way that we would have to.

As far as the bible goes, it does say he rested on the 7th day. That might insinuate needing to take a breather after 6 days of hard work. However, this is confusing to me because God is obviously not physical or there would be some indication of his presence.

I think maybe "God" doesn't work at all, but human beings have worked very hard at trying to prove he exists. :D
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 6:11:05 AM
At 1/9/2015 3:06:55 AM, Gentorev wrote:

Correct! I have told you this before, the minds of the dead, have no senses with which to gather any more information and they can no longer evolve, unless their bodies are resurrected.

Dead bodies do not get physically resurrected out of their graves except in illusions, myths and modern movies with plenty of special effects.
It simply does not happen in reality and never will. It only happens in fantasy land.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 6:19:00 AM
At 1/9/2015 5:23:16 AM, jodybirdy wrote:

Can an entity floating in the ether work hard? Toil is a physical action. There is no indication that God exists in the physical sense at all. So I would have to say that God wouldn't be working hard the way that we would have to.

As far as the bible goes, it does say he rested on the 7th day. That might insinuate needing to take a breather after 6 days of hard work. However, this is confusing to me because God is obviously not physical or there would be some indication of his presence.

I think maybe "God" doesn't work at all, but human beings have worked very hard at trying to prove he exists. :D

According to Psalm82:6 YOU are a god.
When are you going to start believing that YOU are a god Jody? Do you exist and work hard?
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 6:33:15 AM
At 1/9/2015 6:19:00 AM, Skyangel wrote:

When are you going to start believing that YOU are a god Jody? Do you exist and work hard?

Well, then I must be rather pointless as a god if we are ALL gods. Feeling rather like a rose in a huge garden with 7 billion others exactly like me.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 6:51:14 AM
"Well, then I must be rather pointless as a god if we are ALL gods. Feeling rather like a rose in a huge garden with 7 billion others exactly like me."

EE:
No one is exactly the same. We are all individuals in our own personal clay pots.
So called "identical twins" are not EXACTLY the same. They can differ greatly in their opinions.

Seems the popular opinion on "God/god is that a good God/god would be busy making the world a better place for all.

If a person is the God/god of their own little personal worlds that are contained in individual clay pots (unless you are Siamese twins, then you share a clay pot with your twin), Then it is their own fault that they don't like the way that God/god is handling their world.
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 6:56:13 AM
At 1/9/2015 6:33:15 AM, jodybirdy wrote:

Well, then I must be rather pointless as a god if we are ALL gods. Feeling rather like a rose in a huge garden with 7 billion others exactly like me.

No darling.
I am the prick under your rose. :)

ooooh start the hatefest. ROFLMFAO

The sign of the devil, harmless "flirtation".
Just make sure you murder, cos flirtation hurts more than murder.
hahahahahahahahahahah.
ROFLMFAO.
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 7:16:36 AM
At 1/9/2015 6:56:13 AM, bulproof wrote:

No darling.

hahahahahahahahahahah.
ROFLMFAO.

Gasp! Get your prick out from under my rose! I'm married to an honorable soldier! Why, Mr. Bulproof, I cannot engage in inappropriate flirtation with you, and in a public forum of all places! The stress of it... I think I might swoon! ;)
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 7:31:56 AM
I followed the trail of empty bottles and it led me here and low and behold the most snockered of the trolls is passing wind and slobberin' about.

Come play with me the most overly wonderful and then some EE and I will pour some 15 proof mouth wash down that potty mouth. It will give you a buzz if you drink enough of it and it makes your breath smell minty fresh.
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
IRONHIDE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 7:35:45 AM
At 1/9/2015 6:11:05 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 1/9/2015 3:06:55 AM, Gentorev wrote:

Dead bodies do not get physically resurrected out of their graves except in illusions, myths and modern movies with plenty of special effects.
It simply does not happen in reality and never will. It only happens in fantasy land.

I agree with you on this sky. I however, contend, scripturally speaking, that it is the soul dies also, when the body dies and the spirit returns to God who gave it. Then at a point in time, there will be a resurrection of the soul, reunited by the spirit and the flesh carcass that once housed the soul, returns to the dust and will remain dead, not to be resurrected.

What is your view ?
IRONHIDE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 7:51:03 AM

I don't fully understand what a spirit entity is composed of. Not sure anyone truly does.

That being said, just reasoning from scripture and believing it to be truth, I deduce, that the Spirit Father God, must have endured much writhing and was longsuffering (suffered long) during producing wisdom (his Son)

His spirit son then sent later and made lower than the angels in the form of man, according to scripture " learned obedience, from the things he suffered"

So, I would suggest that the Spirit Father, would not have his son, endure something, he himself had not already experienced in the beginning.

if that makes since...
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 8:04:13 AM
At 1/9/2015 7:16:36 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 1/9/2015 6:56:13 AM, bulproof wrote:

No darling.

hahahahahahahahahahah.
ROFLMFAO.

Gasp! Get your prick out from under my rose! I'm married to an honorable soldier! Why, Mr. Bulproof, I cannot engage in inappropriate flirtation with you, and in a public forum of all places! The stress of it... I think I might swoon! ;)

I just spat very cheap Johnny Walker all over my monitor.
It's Ok I got my non christian housemaid to clean me off. The screen is still dripping with scotch. I'm trying desperately to lick it off like my maid did me.
IRONHIDE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 11:17:42 AM
At 1/8/2015 11:00:40 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 1/8/2015 9:34:38 PM, IRONHIDE wrote:

If God is a Spirit then God is not a "He" but an "it"
Spirits have no gender. They are neither male nor female. Eg the spirit of LOVE is not male nor female but exists and manifests through both males and females.

Excellent notation. In which, I would have to say I agree in regards to gender.

Not sure "it" is correct however. Not sure what to make of what the spirit is in that sense. I do believe there is a sovereign singular spirit father that the rest of souls originate from.
Clovis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 4:19:55 PM

Well considering it says that God had a day of rest on the 7th day of creation it implies that God needed rest which means he was tired from his labors in creation. He was so profoundly tired in fact that not only did he devote an entire day to rest he told us that we should do the same.
Words are wind.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 4:28:12 PM
At 1/9/2015 4:19:55 PM, Clovis wrote:

Well considering it says that God had a day of rest on the 7th day of creation it implies that God needed rest which means he was tired from his labors in creation. He was so profoundly tired in fact that not only did he devote an entire day to rest he told us that we should do the same.

Rest means abstain from provitable labor. Doesn't say God why God stopped. But later Jesus says the sabbath was made for man.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 4:49:56 PM

No flower in the garden is pointless. Each one is unique and has a beauty of its own. They have pollen which the bees gather to make honey and honey has a lot of healing qualities. Flowers have many uses to make all kinds of oils and fragrances which have various affects on people even if the flowers are unaware of their own usefulness.

Consider if a flower is its own god. That flower does not worry about getting anything or giving anything. It simply exists and lets its surroundings do what they do to it. Some things in nature like bees and people take what they need from the flower and others give something to the flower like rain, fertilizer, etc.

What would life be like if we all hung around like flowers letting nature take its course and not worrying about anything?
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 5:48:00 PM
At 1/9/2015 7:35:45 AM, IRONHIDE wrote:
At 1/9/2015 6:11:05 AM, Skyangel wrote:

I agree with you on this sky. I however, contend, scripturally speaking, that it is the soul dies also, when the body dies and the spirit returns to God who gave it. Then at a point in time, there will be a resurrection of the soul, reunited by the spirit and the flesh carcass that once housed the soul, returns to the dust and will remain dead, not to be resurrected.

What is your view ?

In my view "a soul" is simply another way to say "a living person".
Saying "a person is dead" is the same as saying "a soul is dead."
I see the words "soul" and "person" as synonymous.

A soul is a combination of a spirit and a body.
I do not believe people are made up of spirit soul and body as some religions teach. They imply we are three part beings. I think they make that kind of comparison to try to justify their trinity teachings which I also believe are false doctrines.

When a soul/person dies, it is generally believed that the body returns to dust and the spirit returns to the general corporate spirit of life ( God) from where it came originally.
However, when you think about it, the spirits ( attitudes, morals, principles by which we live) within us came from the culture and teachings which we grew up in. They depend on what morals and standards we adopt for ourselves and choose to live in. People/souls decide whether we adopt a spirit/attitude of love, hate, prejudice, acceptance, etc. The only "spirit" we are given at birth is the spirit of life. Life contains all opposites and we make the choice between good and evil and figure out how to balance those things in our own lives.

I gather that you believe there will be a "resurrection" of the spirit at some future time after physical death? You seem to be calling the reuniting of our spirits with the spirit of God a resurrection?

I do not think we need to wait till after our physical death to be "reunited" with the spirit from which we came. We came from the spirit of life. (God). We live in the spirit of life while we are in a mortal body. That spirit of life within us will always be the spirit of life. It never leaves or forsakes Life itself, not in life and not in death. It makes no difference whether the spirit of Life is manifesting though one body or through billions of bodies. In my perception we are always one with that spirit even while we are in the state of unawareness of that fact. It is like being one with Life even while asleep. I think being in the state of unawareness of the spirit within our own bodies is what the bible refers to as being "spiritually dead" or spiritually sleeping. Being raised from that spiritually dead state of unawareness into a state of awareness is like waking up spiritually or being resurrected from the dead spiritually. You don't need to wait till after your body physically dies to wake up spiritually. It is too late to gain any spiritual awareness once you have no more physical awareness with which to sense any life. The dead know nothing. That applies to both the physically dead and also to the spiritual dead. They are unaware they are asleep. They only know what they dream and they see their dreams as their reality.
We as spiritual beings learn what we can while in a mortal body. We learn about life and death which we cannot learn about if we never experience mortality. We learn about fiction and reality, about the dream state and the state of being awake by going through those things.
We learn about pain and suffering which we also could not learn about without any physical senses. We gain empathy though those experiences.
Ultimately all that knowledge gets passed down to future generations through the cultures and teachings we adopt as mortals.
The sad thing is that many die in their "spiritual sleep" as it were. They get lost in their dreams and fantasies. They never wake up to the reality of life or understand they are part of the spirit of Life ( God). They perceive a "spirit" as some invisible ghost which cannot be observed in reality.
However in the reality of my own perception, spirits are observable emotions and attitudes in which people live. I have no problem at all when it comes to observing them. I see them as clearly as I see myself.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 6:28:13 PM
At 1/9/2015 7:51:03 AM, IRONHIDE wrote:

I don't fully understand what a spirit entity is composed of. Not sure anyone truly does.

Not even science can explain what Life is composed of when it comes to the abstract qualities like imaginations, dreams, thoughts, attitudes etc in peoples minds. Science concentrates on physical aspects not abstract qualities. They can obviously find chemicals and some try to believe all life is simply composed of chemicals and chemical reactions. There is some truth to that but I think there is far more to it. If our thoughts were caused by the same chemical reactions you would think we would all express ourselves in exactly the same ways due to the chemical reactions always being the same. However since we all express ourselves so uniquely, that makes me think there is more to our own thoughts than just chemical reactions.
To me, a spirit is the same as a vibe, an attitude, an emotion, a feeling, a general sense of your surroundings which causes you to judge things like love, hate, maturity, immaturity, etc.

That being said, just reasoning from scripture and believing it to be truth, I deduce, that the Spirit Father God, must have endured much writhing and was longsuffering (suffered long) during producing wisdom (his Son)

The way I see it. Any "Father' spirit is not the spirit of some individual supernatural entity but is referring to the corporate maturity of all the mature life forms before us. Those life forms gave birth to us who are the corporate "son" of the corporate "father". We live and learn and die the same as our "father" did and become part of the corporate body of the "father" when we leave the corporate body of the "son" at the time of our "graduation" from the school of life. We are like cells or mere atoms in an eternal corporate body of Life. Those cells are constantly being recycled and change from one form to another in the eternal cycle of life.

His spirit son then sent later and made lower than the angels in the form of man, according to scripture " learned obedience, from the things he suffered"

The immature ( sons) learn to obey the mature ( fathers) though suffering the consequences of their own mistakes. You learn to not stick your hand in a fire when you get burned the first time you do it. Those who have been burned understand what a burn feels like. Those who have never been burned do not know what it feels like. You can obey a person who tells you to not stick your hand in a fire without knowing why they tell you to do that. The end result is to never get burned and also never learn what a burn feels like. or... you can disobey them and get burned and therefore learn to obey them next time and you also know why they tell you to not stick your hand in the fire because you learned the lesson from experiencing the consequences of the fire.

So, I would suggest that the Spirit Father, would not have his son, endure something, he himself had not already experienced in the beginning.

if that makes since...

Yes that makes sense. The mature ( corporate father) learn from experience and they can command and warn the immature (corporate son) as much as they want because they do not want them to get hurt or suffer the same as they did, but ultimately people learn about consequences of actions from performing the actions. We ultimately follow the examples of the people we look up to and try to learn the lessons they teach us through life.
If the leaders do foolish things, so will those who follow them.

Life is a cycle which includes death. None of us can ever experience or appreciate life fully if we never experience death.
An immortal being would not experience life to its fullest because of an inability to die.
Only a mortal can experience life to its fullest due to being able to experience the whole cycle of life which includes death.
In that case mortality can teach us what immortality cannot teach us.
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 6:34:57 PM
At 1/9/2015 4:49:56 PM, Skyangel wrote:

No flower in the garden is pointless. Each one is unique and has a beauty of its own. They have pollen which the bees gather to make honey and honey has a lot of healing qualities. Flowers have many uses to make all kinds of oils and fragrances which have various affects on people even if the flowers are unaware of their own usefulness.

Consider if a flower is its own god. That flower does not worry about getting anything or giving anything. It simply exists and lets its surroundings do what they do to it. Some things in nature like bees and people take what they need from the flower and others give something to the flower like rain, fertilizer, etc.

What would life be like if we all hung around like flowers letting nature take its course and not worrying about anything?

It would be beautiful. But our psychological needs prevent such a perfect scenario. People are complex.