Jump to topic:

the money god

Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 9:47:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I was thinking about the condition of the world wide economy and how it seemed and appeared that most people were in debt finance wise because they had NO finance and budget sense what so ever.

I realize that some are in debt because of medical and other types of issues that are beyond our control or choice.

But what about the others that are in debt because of foolishness or not very well thought out childish behavior?

I myself have never had or used what are called credit cards. I viewed them as a foolish way to troubles.

Much the same as I view games of chance and the gambling related to it as foolish.

The gambling arena is a great example of just how foolish and immature many people are. Most that play games of chance as they are called. Want to delude themselves into believing that they are going to beat the KNOWN ODDS because they have their MAGIC weapon, lucky charms, religions, gods and other such fictions that give them that SPECIAL edge over all the others standing in the long line of losers.

If we examine the examples of just HOW MOST players of games of chance end up. What would we find? Do the few that WIN more then they have ever put in do it because of some magic, religious beliefs, use of lucky charms and such?

Or are the winners just the ones that the random KNOWN odds CHOOSE and pick?

Seems that most are seeking and looking for short cuts and lazy easy ways to what is viewed as the earthly worlds most valuable GOD. So called money and the power it can bring if you have a BIG pile of it.

But just WHAT is "money"?

Is it not mostly a illusion when it is scrutinized and examined in great detail?

Just because people want to believe that so called money is something that is far more then the ILLUSION that it truly is, doesn't make money REAL beyond the idols and small tokens that represent it.

People will do the most foolish "things" in their quest and worship of the money god.

People will become slaves to the money god by their own choice.

Just as many become slaves to religion, politics, sports and such.

Some might cry out: We have to have and need to have money in a civilized modern advanced society that is working very hard on world hunger, curing disease, keeping the world as clean and pollution free as possible for "our children of the FUTURE" that we love so much, AND world peace costs, and food, booze and lotto tickets.......

Money is a double edged sword.

So whats in your wallet?
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2015 11:48:08 PM
At 1/8/2015 9:47:01 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:

It is a token which represents the value people place on possessions.
It is a bargaining tool.
It is that which represents wealth in society.

However, things which have true value cannot be brought with tokens.
No amount of money in the world can buy things like health, happiness, freedom, love, respect, and any other immaterial things.

The richest people in the world are not those with the most money. They are the people who do not depend or rely on money for their happiness and peace of mind.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 12:01:01 AM
At 1/8/2015 9:47:01 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
I was thinking about the condition of the world wide economy and how it seemed and appeared that most people were in debt finance wise because they had NO finance and budget sense what so ever.

I realize that some are in debt because of medical and other types of issues that are beyond our control or choice.

But what about the others that are in debt because of foolishness or not very well thought out childish behavior?

I myself have never had or used what are called credit cards. I viewed them as a foolish way to troubles.

Much the same as I view games of chance and the gambling related to it as foolish.

The gambling arena is a great example of just how foolish and immature many people are. Most that play games of chance as they are called. Want to delude themselves into believing that they are going to beat the KNOWN ODDS because they have their MAGIC weapon, lucky charms, religions, gods and other such fictions that give them that SPECIAL edge over all the others standing in the long line of losers.

If we examine the examples of just HOW MOST players of games of chance end up. What would we find? Do the few that WIN more then they have ever put in do it because of some magic, religious beliefs, use of lucky charms and such?

Or are the winners just the ones that the random KNOWN odds CHOOSE and pick?

Seems that most are seeking and looking for short cuts and lazy easy ways to what is viewed as the earthly worlds most valuable GOD. So called money and the power it can bring if you have a BIG pile of it.

Is it not mostly a illusion when it is scrutinized and examined in great detail?

Just because people want to believe that so called money is something that is far more then the ILLUSION that it truly is, doesn't make money REAL beyond the idols and small tokens that represent it.

People will do the most foolish "things" in their quest and worship of the money god.

People will become slaves to the money god by their own choice.

Just as many become slaves to religion, politics, sports and such.

Some might cry out: We have to have and need to have money in a civilized modern advanced society that is working very hard on world hunger, curing disease, keeping the world as clean and pollution free as possible for "our children of the FUTURE" that we love so much, AND world peace costs, and food, booze and lotto tickets.......

Money is a double edged sword.

So whats in your wallet?

So what is the foolish thing you do in this world. You have talked about everyone else's foolishness except yours.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 12:34:49 AM
So what is the foolish thing you do in this world. You have talked about everyone else's foolishness except yours.

EE: That is because most of my foolishness would be boring history from my far past for most.

I was "potty trained" long ago and left the other childish ways behind me over the years as if they were full nappys.

About the most foolish things that I do in this time and day is visit with those such as yourself.

why be a saint when you can be a god?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 12:43:05 AM
At 1/9/2015 12:34:49 AM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:

EE: That is because most of my foolishness would be boring history from my far past for most.

I was "potty trained" long ago and left the other childish ways behind me over the years as if they were full nappys.

About the most foolish things that I do in this time and day is visit with those such as yourself.

why be a saint when you can be a god?

Pride is a strong delusion that keeps you from knowing who you really are. I would say that pride is your foolishness.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2015 12:52:20 AM
"Pride is a strong delusion that keeps you from knowing who you really are. I would say that pride is your foolishness."

EE: I can understand your point of view. If you see me as a fool because I Love myself and I AM a god of my own personal world where confusion doubt and unjustified anger do not exist. Then, YES that must be my foolishness.

Is it doubt, confusion or foolishness when I wonder if I AM a wise fool or a foolish wise man?