Jump to topic:

Does God hate Homos and Lezbians?

LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 2:51:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Why does Romans 1: 24 say God gave them up to uncleanness? Then verse 26 says God gave them up to vile affections...why? Then verse 28 says God gave them up to a reprobate mind, to do those things that are not convenient. Verse 32 says they that commit such things are worthy of death.......so does this prove that God hates sodomites and women who abuse themselves with other women?

Aren't they all part of the same world we all share? If God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son to die for their sins, doesn't this prove that God loves sodomites and women who abuse themselves with other women?
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 4:07:38 PM
Well? does God hate homos and lezbos, or did God prove His love for them by dying for their sin to save them from Hell the same as He died for everybody else's sin to save them from Hell if they will be saved?
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 4:09:12 PM
Let's discuss this for a bit.......Does God love homos and lezzies and hate their sin, the same as He loves thieves and murderers but hates their sin, or does He simply hate them all because they are liars, thieves, and fornicators? Does God love sinners? Does God love you?
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 4:11:01 PM
Does God hate everybody because we are all imperfect, all sinners, or does He only hate homos and lezzbos and people who are not part of the KKK?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 4:31:40 PM
At 1/10/2015 2:51:08 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
Why does Romans 1: 24 say God gave them up to uncleanness? Then verse 26 says God gave them up to vile affections...why? Then verse 28 says God gave them up to a reprobate mind, to do those things that are not convenient. Verse 32 says they that commit such things are worthy of death.......so does this prove that God hates sodomites and women who abuse themselves with other women?

Aren't they all part of the same world we all share? If God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son to die for their sins, doesn't this prove that God loves sodomites and women who abuse themselves with other women?

God doesn't hate any of His creation or formed illusions. His plan was to use this first age to teach us who we are in Him and end it by destroying this world. Then we'll awaken in new bodies that will never be used to deceive us from our true existence as invisible vibrations called His mind.
ashkan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 4:39:21 PM
Gays and lesbians are ok, there is nothing wrong with them. people of other religions are ok. unless they are a horrible person they are probably ok.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 4:41:30 PM
At 1/10/2015 4:31:40 PM, bornofgod wrote:

God doesn't hate any of His creation or formed illusions. His plan was to use this first age to teach us who we are in Him and end it by destroying this world. Then we'll awaken in new bodies that will never be used to deceive us from our true existence as invisible vibrations called His mind.

Does he hat unformed illusions? Is he done teaching us who we are in Him? When do you think He will destroy the world? "we" will awaken in new bodies? Our true existence is invisible vibrations called God's mind? Well.......I guess you are invisible, since the only evidence of your existence as far as I can see is the things you are typing here....oh yeah, and some other people said they have actually talked with you in person so they say you really are visible, but if you say you are invisible, am I supposed to say you are lying?
Ok, you are invisible. I'm glad you are here anyways. Can somebody give this guy a hug and tell him God loves him?
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 4:42:54 PM
At 1/10/2015 4:39:21 PM, ashkan wrote:
Gays and lesbians are ok, there is nothing wrong with them. people of other religions are ok. unless they are a horrible person they are probably ok.

if they are not horrible and they are ok (meaing all the people you say are ok, without placing any in groups or categories) why do they have to die? Did they do something wrong?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 5:09:51 PM
At 1/10/2015 4:41:30 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
At 1/10/2015 4:31:40 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Does he hat unformed illusions? Is he done teaching us who we are in Him? When do you think He will destroy the world? "we" will awaken in new bodies? Our true existence is invisible vibrations called God's mind? Well.......I guess you are invisible, since the only evidence of your existence as far as I can see is the things you are typing here....oh yeah, and some other people said they have actually talked with you in person so they say you really are visible, but if you say you are invisible, am I supposed to say you are lying?
Ok, you are invisible. I'm glad you are here anyways. Can somebody give this guy a hug and tell him God loves him?

You won't be able to understand the deeper things of God during this age. You will most likely perish without believing my testimonies that God has me write and speak for Him.
ashkan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 5:15:13 PM
At 1/10/2015 4:42:54 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:

if they are not horrible and they are ok (meaing all the people you say are ok, without placing any in groups or categories) why do they have to die? Did they do something wrong?

maybe its the cycle of life, maybe we aren't meant to live forever. You don't have to do something wrong to die.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 5:21:50 PM
Homosexuality is ranked no worse than other sins. The Church has to respect that. They allow pedophiles to become priests. Which is more egregious, children sexual victims or consenting adults?
The bible says all sins are forgivable,

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 ESV

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 5:26:29 PM
At 1/10/2015 5:15:13 PM, ashkan wrote:

maybe its the cycle of life, maybe we aren't meant to live forever. You don't have to do something wrong to die.

You don't have to do something wrong to die? So wrong is simply in your blood and it messes up your body so it dies?
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 5:44:18 PM
At 1/10/2015 5:35:40 PM, MsTambo wrote:
Might want to refer to an article I wrote on the topic.

http://www.debate.org...

Ah yes, the one I like to title "Homophobic Hatred For Dummies". Are you going to use it? It's got a nice ring to it, don't ya think? Fits perfectly well, too.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 6:08:08 PM

There is no God. The words you quote are from men, and men have always had a problem with others who were a little bit different, be it skin colour, diet, religious beliefs or sexual preference.

However, if there were a God, you would have to ask yourself the question of why he made men and women who had an inbuilt preference for members of their own sex. It happens in the animal kingdom too. Why did God create such creatures and beings only to denounce and vilify them. Does that make any sense to you?

Your use of loaded language such as "sodomites" and "women who abuse" tells us all we need to know about your homophobia. If two consenting adults choose to love and pleasure each other, and they happen to be of the same sex, what possible concern is it of yours? Who is being hurt exactly and what business is it of a god who made them that way? Stop with your hating and show some of that tolerance that Jesus was allegedly preaching.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 6:15:41 PM
At 1/10/2015 6:08:08 PM, dee-em wrote:

There is no God. The words you quote are from men, and men have always had a problem with others who were a little bit different, be it skin colour, diet, religious beliefs or sexual preference.

However, if there were a God, you would have to ask yourself the question of why he made men and women who had an inbuilt preference for members of their own sex. It happens in the animal kingdom too. Why did God create such creatures and beings only to denounce and vilify them. Does that make any sense to you?

Your use of loaded language such as "sodomites" and "women who abuse" tells us all we need to know about your homophobia. If two consenting adults choose to love and pleasure each other, and they happen to be of the same sex, what possible concern is it of yours? Who is being hurt exactly and what business is it of a god who made them that way? Stop with your hating and show some of that tolerance that Jesus was allegedly preaching.

God loves everybody. That is the point of this thread. You are the only hater here. The Bible calls men who abuse themselves with men "sodomites', and it is the proper name for them. If you don't like it, burn a Bible and kiss a sodomite and maybe you will feel better. God loves everybody no matter what kind of sin they love. God loves sinners and He hates sin. God loves you and your sin is taking you down to Hell, and if you love your sin that much and all you want to do is fight against God, don't be expecting me to respond to you.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 6:17:23 PM
I think you are trying to make an excuse for sin...at least that is what I got from you the last time we talked about this. I'll stick with the Bible. By what you said before, your article is not in line with the Bible regarding sin.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 6:19:04 PM
At 1/10/2015 5:44:18 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Ah yes, the one I like to title "Homophobic Hatred For Dummies". Are you going to use it? It's got a nice ring to it, don't ya think? Fits perfectly well, too.

God loves you even if you are a sodomite. That is the whole point of this thread. God loves everybody.
ashkan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 6:21:14 PM
At 1/10/2015 5:26:29 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
At 1/10/2015 5:15:13 PM, ashkan wrote:

You don't have to do something wrong to die?
yes
So wrong is simply in your blood and it messes up your body so it dies?
No but someone can do the wrong thing and kill you for no reason.
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 6:23:00 PM
Why does Romans 1: 24 say God gave them up to uncleanness?
Because the bigot who wrote that (and it wasn't God), thought of them as being unclean.

Then verse 26 says God gave them up to vile affections...why?
Because the bigot who wrote that (and it wasn't God), thought of their affections as vile.

Then verse 28 says God gave them up to a reprobate mind
Because the bigot who wrote that (and it wasn't God), thought their mind was unprincipled.

to do those things that are not convenient. Verse 32 says they that commit such things are worthy of death
Because the barbaric bigot who wrote those things (and it wasn't God), couldn't conceive that his own standards were not the standards of reality.

The writings of the Bible are simply the opinions of ancient barbaric men.

.......so does this prove that God hates sodomites and women who abuse themselves with other women?
Of course not. God had nothing to do with any of it.

Well, God did no such thing; anymore than Jack chopped down the bean stalk, killing the giant through "the fall".
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 6:23:59 PM
At 1/10/2015 6:19:04 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
At 1/10/2015 5:44:18 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

God loves you even if you are a sodomite. That is the whole point of this thread. God loves everybody.

"Love" means not sentencing anyone to eternal torment.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 6:31:44 PM

Ok, I read the article quickly, skipped over some parts so I can't say I approve of it all, but the stuff on sin regarding sodomy (the Bible calls men who abuse themselves with men "sodomites" and there is nothing wrong wtih calling a spade a spade) seems good enough for me to endorse. My pastor was molested by a sodomite (not sodomized, but molested which is how 90 percent of homosexuals were led to become practicing homosexuals) when he was a child, raised in a good Christian home where they housed a visiting missionary. It was the son of that missionary who molested my pastor when he was a young child. He now has a wonderful wife who also had been sexually abused by family members.....he didn't know that about her for a long time, I think not untill after they were married. They now have three super children and our church is growing steadily with people getting saved and baptized......amazing things God has done in the lives of so many messed up people and families in our church because of what God has done in my pastor's life and his passionate desire to spread the love of God in the gospel.

MsTambo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 6:57:01 PM
Question: "Are we all God's children, or only Christians?"

Answer: The Bible is clear that all people are God"s creation (Colossians 1:16), and that God loves the entire world (John 3:16), but only those who are born again are children of God (John 1:12; 11:52; Romans 8:16; 1 John 3:1-10).

In Scripture, the lost are never referred to as children of God. Ephesians 2:3 tells us that before we were saved we were "by nature objects of wrath" (Ephesians 2:1-3). Romans 9:8 says that "it is not the natural children who are God's children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham's offspring." Instead of being born as God"s children, we are born in sin, which separates us from God and aligns us with Satan as God"s enemy (James 4:4; 1 John 3:8). Jesus said, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and now am here. I have not come on my own; but he sent me" (John 8:42). Then a few verses later in John 8:44, Jesus told the Pharisees that they "belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire." The fact that those who are not saved are not children of God is also seen in 1 John 3:10: "This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not a child of God; nor is anyone who does not love his brother."

We become children of God when we are saved because we are adopted into God"s family through our relationship with Jesus Christ (Galatians 4:5-6; Ephesians 1:5). This can be clearly seen in verses like Romans 8:14-17: ""because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs"heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory." Those who are saved are children "of God through faith in Christ Jesus" (Galatians 3:26) because God has "predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will" (Ephesians 1:5).

Recommended Resources: Bible Answers for Almost all Your Questions by Elmer Towns and Logos Bible Software.

Submit