Jump to topic:

Why does everyone hate Christianity?

Rubikx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 7:50:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
First off, I want to say i am neither for nor against christianity. This forum is not about the validity of christianity. Whether or not you agree with it is irrelevant. I want to know why there are so many debates/forums against christianity. I know that there are other debates that go against other religions, but for the most part all religious debates are "God is not real", or "Evolution against Christianity", "The bible is false" and so on. I was just wondering why that is. Why are there so many debates involving christianity compared to other religions?
ACHOSEN1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 7:56:20 PM
At 1/10/2015 7:50:32 PM, Rubikx wrote:
First off, I want to say i am neither for nor against christianity. This forum is not about the validity of christianity. Whether or not you agree with it is irrelevant. I want to know why there are so many debates/forums against christianity. I know that there are other debates that go against other religions, but for the most part all religious debates are "God is not real", or "Evolution against Christianity", "The bible is false" and so on. I was just wondering why that is. Why are there so many debates involving christianity compared to other religions?

The reason why I debate against Christians is because they think they know the Bible. What they don't know is that they are being lied to. They think that everyone who believe is going to heaven, which is false. They think our Messiah died for the sins of the world, this is also false. They try to predict when our Messiah will return, which they can't because the Bible specifically says NO ONE will no the hour or day. They think "God" loves every one, this is false. They think homosexuality is ok and homosexuals will inherit our kingdom, false again. And they don't know that our Messiah came only for the House of Israel; they don't even know who the real Israelites are today. They celebrate pagan holidays, which is specifically against The Most High and they think the 10 Laws have been destoryed and they no longer have to follow them.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 8:19:19 PM

Because the majority of believers in the religious forum seem to be Christians or ex Christians.
If the majority were from a different religion, that is the one which would most likely be targeted.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 8:19:51 PM

Well first of all, the majority of people on this religious forum who are against christianity are the atheists, but they are against all religions who believe in a God.

The tactics they use here, is to attempt to intimidate the believers with insults, and to disparage and belittle their God and their saviour in (Sometimes) filthy and offensive terms, But I wonder if they would have the intestinal fortitude to speak of the Islamic prophet in the same terms as they do with the christian Prophet "Jesus."

Secondly, I believe that the Islamic religion would be the most unpopular today of all other religions.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 8:26:33 PM
At 1/10/2015 8:19:51 PM, Gentorev wrote:

Well first of all, the majority of people on this religious forum who are against christianity are the atheists, but they are against all religions who believe in a God.

Sorry, but you Christians are constantly at each others throats telling each other your version of Christianity is right and there's is wrong,

The tactics they use here, is to attempt to intimidate the believers with insults, and to disparage and belittle their God and their saviour in (Sometimes) filthy and offensive terms, But I wonder if they would have the intestinal fortitude to speak of the Islamic prophet in the same terms as they do with the christian Prophet "Jesus."

We do criticize Islam, where ya been?

Secondly, I believe that the Islamic religion would be the most unpopular today of all other religions.

So, does that mean you're not for Islam? What a surprise. lol
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 8:32:35 PM

I don't hate Christianity, but I do hate the ignorance and intolerance that seems to be done because of it.

1. Megan Fox 'auditing' evolution at the Field Museum- ignorance

https://richarddawkins.net...

"In order to avoid having to perform same-sex wedding ceremonies, clerks of courts in Duval County, Baker County and Clay County have decided to put an end to all courthouse weddings in their counties" - Intolernace

These same attitudes are evident on these forums.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 8:43:42 PM

Christianity is the belief which most affects the greatest number of us. All religions are systems of mind control. They espouse purely false claims and concepts, promote bigotry, and the punishment of those who find them to be false. So hatred of religion is not unwarranted, and Christianity gets top billing as the largest, and therefore, most influential.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 9:12:20 PM

I don't think everyone is against Christianity. That's silly. There seems to be more Christians who post here and that might be why it appears that its just Christianity. Or maybe it's a war. Nah! But my observation is that Christians are against everyone else as well. It seems to be a mutual disrespect. Quite disconcerting. I don't like it.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 9:15:49 PM
At 1/10/2015 8:26:33 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Sorry, but you Christians are constantly at each others throats telling each other your version of Christianity is right and there's is wrong,

Well one thing is for sure, none of you godless mob who belong to the atheist religion, are for Islam, or could I be wrong?

And we all know that you godless mob criticize all religious beliefs, but can you find anywhere that your mates have used the same filthy terms against Allah, and Muhammad=Mahomet that they have used against the christian God and their saviour, "JESUS"?

I think not.
Rubikx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 9:23:32 PM
At 1/10/2015 9:12:20 PM, jodybirdy wrote:

I don't think everyone is against Christianity. That's silly. There seems to be more Christians who post here and that might be why it appears that its just Christianity. Or maybe it's a war. Nah! But my observation is that Christians are against everyone else as well. It seems to be a mutual disrespect. Quite disconcerting. I don't like it.

Isn't every religion against others that disagree with it? Christianity isn't the only religion to be out spoken about religions beliefs that they disagree with. I suppose that makes sense, more christians post on this forum making it easier for atheist to respond. But even outside the DDO community it seems to always be evolution vs christianity, not evolution vs Islam or Buddhism or New Age or Hinduism.
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 9:41:29 PM
At 1/10/2015 9:23:32 PM, Rubikx wrote:
At 1/10/2015 9:12:20 PM, jodybirdy wrote:

Isn't every religion against others that disagree with it? Christianity isn't the only religion to be out spoken about religions beliefs that they disagree with. I suppose that makes sense, more christians post on this forum making it easier for atheist to respond. But even outside the DDO community it seems to always be evolution vs christianity, not evolution vs Islam or Buddhism or New Age or Hinduism.

Christianity makes up something like a third of the world's population. 2.33+ billion are Christian. And Christians by default seem to be the most outspoken of all the people who practice religion. I think what you're noticing is a numbers thing and that is all.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 1:28:39 AM

It all depends on what forums you search for in Google. Besides, the first people on the internet were Americans and Europeans who were enslaved by Christianity.
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 1:40:31 AM

Though I do think some people attack Christians for ulterior motives, such as excusing the sin in their life, I also have to remind you that Christians also attack each other on this website, Rubikx.

There are numerous Christians on here that have attacked Christian denominations they do not belong to, so I think criticism of Christian beliefs is fair, even if it comes from a non-Christian. But I also think it's fair for Christians to criticize other beliefs for this same reason.

Anyway, I think we should expect people to criticize the beliefs of others on this website. I've been criticized for my beliefs and positions from Christians and non-Christians alike and I think its fair and I should expect it. However, I do believe there is no place for malicious hate on this website, such as wishing death and violence on others that don't believe like you do. That's where I draw the line.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 1:46:30 AM
At 1/10/2015 9:15:49 PM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/10/2015 8:26:33 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Well one thing is for sure, none of you godless mob who belong to the atheist religion, are for Islam, or could I be wrong?

And we all know that you godless mob criticize all religious beliefs, but can you find anywhere that your mates have used the same filthy terms against Allah, and Muhammad=Mahomet that they have used against the christian God and their saviour, "JESUS"?

I think not.

I am not familiar enough with Islam to critique it. If I knew more about it, then I would probably have more to say about it. As far as the insults that go against the religious, I don't feel it is necessary, nor is it persuasive.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 1:50:01 AM
At 1/11/2015 1:40:31 AM, Juan_Pablo wrote:

Though I do think some people attack Christians for ulterior motives, such as excusing the sin in their life, I also have to remind you that Christians also attack each other on this website, Rubikx.

There are numerous Christians on here that have attacked Christian denominations they do not belong to, so I think criticism of Christian beliefs is fair, even if it comes from a non-Christian. But I also think it's fair for Christians to criticize other beliefs for this same reason.

Anyway, I think we should expect people to criticize the beliefs of others on this website. I've been criticized for my beliefs and positions from Christians and non-Christians alike and I think its fair and I should expect it. However, I do believe there is no place for malicious hate on this website, such as wishing death and violence on others that don't believe like you do. That's where I draw the line.

All us saints have to tolerate the malicious hate from the religious Jews and Christians who end up killing us for our testimonies to the Word of God.
Kyle_the_Heretic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 3:54:28 AM

Christianity is incessantly self-contradictory and at war with itself, and the atheists demand substance that Christianity cannot provide.

What's not to debate?
Thinking is extremely taxing on the gullible, and it takes hours to clear the smoke.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 6:01:24 AM
I don't have an issue with moderate live and let live Christians like our three daughters. I do have an issue with the crazy 'you must be born again or burn in hell' dogma which spoilt my childhood. Threatening people, especially children and the vulnerable, with this evil nastiness is abusive and wrong.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 8:39:31 AM

The answer is simple, because True Christians stand up against Satan, the ruler of this world and one who influences the majority of people.

As Jesus said: John 15:17-25
KJV(i) 17 These things I command you, that ye love one another. 18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. 19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. 20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also. 21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me. 22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloak for their sin. 23 He that hateth me hateth my Father also. 24 If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father. 25 But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 10:23:54 AM
At 1/11/2015 8:39:31 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

The answer is simple, because True Christians stand up against Satan, the ruler of this world and one who influences the majority of people.

Yes, we understand you are incapable of using your brain to think because you have been totally indoctrinated into your religion and are compelled to believe no one else is capable of thinking, that the brain is an irrelevant organ that is simply a ball of goo in your head because Satan does all the thinking for us, we're just puppets on his strings.

So, as you sit in your playground sandbox throwing feces at everyone passing by, the rest of the world will do exactly that, pass by.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 10:24:48 AM
I don't think everyone hates Christianity. Most would just like it to go away. Christianity is anti-science,. Christians hold on to an archaic morality even the Jews who created the religion have long abandoned. There is just too much hypocrisy among Christians and more light is being shed on their mental condition.

According to Kathleen Taylor, Neuroscientist, Says Religious Fundamentalism Could Be Treated As A Mental Illness

Quote:
An Oxford University researcher and author specializing in neuroscience has suggested that one day religious fundamentalism may be treated as a curable mental illness."
Rubikx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 1:29:10 PM
At 1/11/2015 12:04:01 AM, Accipiter wrote:
Because they think they are better then everybody else.

How so?
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 2:09:57 PM
At 1/11/2015 10:23:54 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Yes, we understand you are incapable of using your brain to think because you have been totally indoctrinated into your religion and are compelled to believe no one else is capable of thinking, that the brain is an irrelevant organ that is simply a ball of goo in your head because Satan does all the thinking for us, we're just puppets on his strings.

So, as you sit in your playground sandbox throwing feces at everyone passing by, the rest of the world will do exactly that, pass by.

Yup into it's own destruction.
Rant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 2:16:37 PM
Because they walk in their own Lusts! That's Why They walk in darkness and not the light.
Accipiter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 2:17:42 PM
At 1/11/2015 1:29:10 PM, Rubikx wrote:
At 1/11/2015 12:04:01 AM, Accipiter wrote:
Because they think they are better then everybody else.

How so?

Bible teaches them that people who believe are good and people that don't are bad.

Now tell me what's better a good person or a bad person?
Rant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 2:23:20 PM
If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. 18 "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first.
19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. 19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.
20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also. 20 Remember the words I spoke to you: 'No servant is greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also.
21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me. 21 They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the One who sent me.
22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin. 22 If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin. Now, however, they have no excuse for their sin.
23 He that hateth me hateth my Father also.
wsmunit7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 2:39:10 PM

My question would be : "Why do Christians hate?"

Just because I don't agree with your illogical beliefs doesn't mean I hate you. But when you presume to force me to live according to them, I WILL take exception.

I don't reject the principles of Christianity, I reject the hypocrites who profess to believe and practice it. Their Jesus preached love, not the hate THEY practice for anyone who doesn't agree with them.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 3:02:03 PM

People rule the world. No invisible entities rule the world.
Deluded people like to believe supernatural entities somehow have power over them. The only thing that has power over those people is the delusions of their own minds.

As Jesus said: John 15:17-25
KJV(i) 17 These things I command you, that ye love one another. 18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. 19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. 20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also. 21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me. 22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloak for their sin. 23 He that hateth me hateth my Father also. 24 If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father. 25 But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.

Anyone who feels hated or rejected by anyone can apply that scripture to themselves and claim they are persecuted for their beliefs.
The fact is that all people are persecuted for their beliefs by those who believe the opposite to what they do.

Love and hate are opposite sides of the same coin.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 3:09:10 PM
At 1/11/2015 2:39:10 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:

They hate anyone who does not believe them because their God also hates anyone who does not believe.
wsmunit7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 3:15:00 PM
At 1/11/2015 3:09:10 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 1/11/2015 2:39:10 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:

They hate anyone who does not believe them because their God also hates anyone who does not believe.

The Rev Gene Robinson once said :"The opposite of love is not hate. The opposite of love is fear. "