Total Posts:84|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Because..... Why Not?

ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:04:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
1 Peter 3:15 (kjv)

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear

In other words, ask me a question and I will give you an answer involving why I believe in God or the hard questions involving Christianity.
Gentorev
Posts: 2,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:20:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:04:21 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
1 Peter 3:15 (kjv)

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear

In other words, ask me a question and I will give you an answer involving why I believe in God or the hard questions involving Christianity.

Do you believe in the virgin birth of Jesus and the immaculate conception of his mother Mary, which false beliefs do not come from the Holy Scriptures?
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:23:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:20:46 PM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:04:21 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
1 Peter 3:15 (kjv)

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear

In other words, ask me a question and I will give you an answer involving why I believe in God or the hard questions involving Christianity.

Do you believe in the virgin birth of Jesus and the immaculate conception of his mother Mary, which false beliefs do not come from the Holy Scriptures?

I believe in the virgin birth by faith, but not by science. I believe the virgin birth is irrational, but I believe it could be possible.

What false beliefs are you referring to?
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:30:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:23:30 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:20:46 PM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:04:21 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
1 Peter 3:15 (kjv)

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear

In other words, ask me a question and I will give you an answer involving why I believe in God or the hard questions involving Christianity.

Do you believe in the virgin birth of Jesus and the immaculate conception of his mother Mary, which false beliefs do not come from the Holy Scriptures?

I believe in the virgin birth by faith, but not by science. I believe the virgin birth is irrational, but I believe it could be possible.

On what basis do you suggest it to be possible?
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:36:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:23:30 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:20:46 PM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:04:21 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
1 Peter 3:15 (kjv)

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear

In other words, ask me a question and I will give you an answer involving why I believe in God or the hard questions involving Christianity.

Do you believe in the virgin birth of Jesus and the immaculate conception of his mother Mary, which false beliefs do not come from the Holy Scriptures?

I believe in the virgin birth by faith, but not by science. I believe the virgin birth is irrational, but I believe it could be possible.

What false beliefs are you referring to?

Science couldn't prove a virgin birth even if it happened today. Especially not a virgin birth of a male baby.
jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:42:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:04:21 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
1 Peter 3:15 (kjv)

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear

In other words, ask me a question and I will give you an answer involving why I believe in God or the hard questions involving Christianity.

Do you believe that the Bible should be taken literally as truth?
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:43:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:30:15 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:23:30 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:20:46 PM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:04:21 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
1 Peter 3:15 (kjv)

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear

In other words, ask me a question and I will give you an answer involving why I believe in God or the hard questions involving Christianity.

Do you believe in the virgin birth of Jesus and the immaculate conception of his mother Mary, which false beliefs do not come from the Holy Scriptures?

I believe in the virgin birth by faith, but not by science. I believe the virgin birth is irrational, but I believe it could be possible.

On what basis do you suggest it to be possible?

Sam Berry, Emeritus professor of genetics at University College London, has also speculated (Daily Telegraph, 21 November 2001) that the Virgin Mary had Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome, but with differentiation of her sex organs. He claims that it is possible for a person of this constitution to develop an ovum and uterus, "If this happened, and if the ovum developed parthenogenetically [i.e. unfertilised - common in some animals], and if a back-mutation to testosterone sensitivity took place, we would have a situation of an apparently normal woman giving birth without intercourse to a son."

Read more about the Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome and source of quote. http://www.secondtype.info...
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:43:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:30:15 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:23:30 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:20:46 PM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:04:21 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
1 Peter 3:15 (kjv)

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear

In other words, ask me a question and I will give you an answer involving why I believe in God or the hard questions involving Christianity.

Do you believe in the virgin birth of Jesus and the immaculate conception of his mother Mary, which false beliefs do not come from the Holy Scriptures?

I believe in the virgin birth by faith, but not by science. I believe the virgin birth is irrational, but I believe it could be possible.

On what basis do you suggest it to be possible?

Just that it could be possible if it the possibility of God exists who wanted to send a savior. I just think of the possibilities, even if the probabilities are small.
YamaVonKarma
Posts: 7,570
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:44:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:30:15 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:23:30 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:20:46 PM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:04:21 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
1 Peter 3:15 (kjv)

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear

In other words, ask me a question and I will give you an answer involving why I believe in God or the hard questions involving Christianity.

Do you believe in the virgin birth of Jesus and the immaculate conception of his mother Mary, which false beliefs do not come from the Holy Scriptures?

I believe in the virgin birth by faith, but not by science. I believe the virgin birth is irrational, but I believe it could be possible.

On what basis do you suggest it to be possible?

"How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?"
- Sherlock Holmes
People who I've called as mafia DP1:
TUF, and YYW
Gentorev
Posts: 2,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:44:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:23:30 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:20:46 PM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:04:21 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
1 Peter 3:15 (kjv)

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear

In other words, ask me a question and I will give you an answer involving why I believe in God or the hard questions involving Christianity.

Do you believe in the virgin birth of Jesus and the immaculate conception of his mother Mary, which false beliefs do not come from the Holy Scriptures?

I believe in the virgin birth by faith, but not by science. I believe the virgin birth is irrational, but I believe it could be possible.

What false beliefs are you referring to?

So, what are you saying? You "DO" believe that Jesus was born of a virgin who remained a virgin even after conception and after giving birth, who herself was born of an immaculate conception, which according to the Catholic church is not a virgin birth.

Or are you only saying that you believe that it is possible for a woman to conceive and give birth while still remaining a virgin?

Because I believe that it is possible for a virgin to be artificially inseminated and the child delivered by caesarean section, leaving the woman still a virgin. But the child would not be the Son of God, it would be the biological child of the male sperm donor.
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:47:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:43:18 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:30:15 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:23:30 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:20:46 PM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:04:21 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
1 Peter 3:15 (kjv)

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear

In other words, ask me a question and I will give you an answer involving why I believe in God or the hard questions involving Christianity.

Do you believe in the virgin birth of Jesus and the immaculate conception of his mother Mary, which false beliefs do not come from the Holy Scriptures?

I believe in the virgin birth by faith, but not by science. I believe the virgin birth is irrational, but I believe it could be possible.

On what basis do you suggest it to be possible?

Just that it could be possible if it the possibility of God exists who wanted to send a savior. I just think of the possibilities, even if the probabilities are small.

Do I understand you correctly that you don't really have any standards or lines of division between what is possible, and what isn't? Because I'm not seeing anything specific. You're saying that if God exists, then a virgin birth is possible. Isn't that much like saying that if everything is possible, then a virgin birth is possible?

I think our information regarding the necessity of a physical bit of DNA from two parents is a necessity for a human female to become pregnant. And when we consider that the virgin birth originally arose from a bad translation (Hebrew "Almah" to Greek "parthenos"), there is really no reason to believe that it ever happened, or could ever happen.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:48:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:42:59 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:04:21 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
1 Peter 3:15 (kjv)

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear

In other words, ask me a question and I will give you an answer involving why I believe in God or the hard questions involving Christianity.

Do you believe that the Bible should be taken literally as truth?

Not all of it. You have to remember the bible is a collection of different books and is gathered into a book entitled "The Holy Bible." There are several figurative languages In the bible. Especially that in Psalms and Proverbs. The gospels are written as an eye witness account, which each ones are different because the eye witness will not always get it 100% the same. Some may even remember something different from the other. Genesis 1-11 is difficult, but I personally believe it's a parable.

https://www.youtube.com...
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:50:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:43:11 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:30:15 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:23:30 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:20:46 PM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:04:21 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
1 Peter 3:15 (kjv)

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear

In other words, ask me a question and I will give you an answer involving why I believe in God or the hard questions involving Christianity.

Do you believe in the virgin birth of Jesus and the immaculate conception of his mother Mary, which false beliefs do not come from the Holy Scriptures?

I believe in the virgin birth by faith, but not by science. I believe the virgin birth is irrational, but I believe it could be possible.

On what basis do you suggest it to be possible?

Sam Berry, Emeritus professor of genetics at University College London, has also speculated (Daily Telegraph, 21 November 2001) that the Virgin Mary had Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome, but with differentiation of her sex organs. He claims that it is possible for a person of this constitution to develop an ovum and uterus, "If this happened, and if the ovum developed parthenogenetically [i.e. unfertilised - common in some animals], and if a back-mutation to testosterone sensitivity took place, we would have a situation of an apparently normal woman giving birth without intercourse to a son."

Read more about the Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome and source of quote. http://www.secondtype.info...

I think I have already pointed this out to you Beastt before. I'm not firm in a virgin birth either but I think the possibility is there.
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:52:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:44:53 PM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:23:30 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:20:46 PM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:04:21 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
1 Peter 3:15 (kjv)

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear

In other words, ask me a question and I will give you an answer involving why I believe in God or the hard questions involving Christianity.

Do you believe in the virgin birth of Jesus and the immaculate conception of his mother Mary, which false beliefs do not come from the Holy Scriptures?

I believe in the virgin birth by faith, but not by science. I believe the virgin birth is irrational, but I believe it could be possible.

What false beliefs are you referring to?

So, what are you saying? You "DO" believe that Jesus was born of a virgin who remained a virgin even after conception and after giving birth, who herself was born of an immaculate conception, which according to the Catholic church is not a virgin birth.

Or are you only saying that you believe that it is possible for a woman to conceive and give birth while still remaining a virgin?

Because I believe that it is possible for a virgin to be artificially inseminated and the child delivered by caesarean section, leaving the woman still a virgin. But the child would not be the Son of God, it would be the biological child of the male sperm donor.

Which is why I think that if a miracle birth could happen, it could happen in several ways if we think about it in one way. I believe the virgin birth, but that's as far as I will usually think about it unless asked. I can only say that the reason WHY I believe in this, is because it shows that it was a sign that Christ was coming. If I was Mary or Joseph and heard the angel talk about the baby being the son of God, I wouldn't believe them at first. But if it happened, then I will say, "Well, looks like if this is possible, what about the rest of what he says? It's possible." So I go by faith.
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:54:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:47:11 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:43:18 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:30:15 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:23:30 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:20:46 PM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:04:21 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
1 Peter 3:15 (kjv)

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear

In other words, ask me a question and I will give you an answer involving why I believe in God or the hard questions involving Christianity.

Do you believe in the virgin birth of Jesus and the immaculate conception of his mother Mary, which false beliefs do not come from the Holy Scriptures?

I believe in the virgin birth by faith, but not by science. I believe the virgin birth is irrational, but I believe it could be possible.

On what basis do you suggest it to be possible?

Just that it could be possible if it the possibility of God exists who wanted to send a savior. I just think of the possibilities, even if the probabilities are small.

Do I understand you correctly that you don't really have any standards or lines of division between what is possible, and what isn't? Because I'm not seeing anything specific. You're saying that if God exists, then a virgin birth is possible. Isn't that much like saying that if everything is possible, then a virgin birth is possible?

I think our information regarding the necessity of a physical bit of DNA from two parents is a necessity for a human female to become pregnant. And when we consider that the virgin birth originally arose from a bad translation (Hebrew "Almah" to Greek "parthenos"), there is really no reason to believe that it ever happened, or could ever happen.

If God is the supposed creator of the universe, it's laws of physics, motion, etc. Would it be possible for him to break his own rules or change them since he is the author or one who established them in the first place?
jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:55:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:48:05 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:42:59 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:04:21 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
1 Peter 3:15 (kjv)

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear

In other words, ask me a question and I will give you an answer involving why I believe in God or the hard questions involving Christianity.

Do you believe that the Bible should be taken literally as truth?

Not all of it. You have to remember the bible is a collection of different books and is gathered into a book entitled "The Holy Bible." There are several figurative languages In the bible. Especially that in Psalms and Proverbs. The gospels are written as an eye witness account, which each ones are different because the eye witness will not always get it 100% the same. Some may even remember something different from the other. Genesis 1-11 is difficult, but I personally believe it's a parable.

https://www.youtube.com...

So the Bible is written subjectively?
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
dee-em
Posts: 6,473
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:55:35 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:04:21 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
1 Peter 3:15 (kjv)

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear

In other words, ask me a question and I will give you an answer involving why I believe in God or the hard questions involving Christianity.

1. Do you think that if you had absolutely no exposure to church and religion prior to becoming a teenager, that you would have come to a belief in God and Christianity?

2. What do you think is the purpose of our existence on Earth?

3. If you had been born and raised in Iran to a Muslim family, what religion would you follow?
Gentorev
Posts: 2,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:56:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:50:21 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:43:11 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:30:15 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:23:30 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:20:46 PM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:04:21 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
1 Peter 3:15 (kjv)

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear

In other words, ask me a question and I will give you an answer involving why I believe in God or the hard questions involving Christianity.

Do you believe in the virgin birth of Jesus and the immaculate conception of his mother Mary, which false beliefs do not come from the Holy Scriptures?

I believe in the virgin birth by faith, but not by science. I believe the virgin birth is irrational, but I believe it could be possible.

On what basis do you suggest it to be possible?

Sam Berry, Emeritus professor of genetics at University College London, has also speculated (Daily Telegraph, 21 November 2001) that the Virgin Mary had Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome, but with differentiation of her sex organs. He claims that it is possible for a person of this constitution to develop an ovum and uterus, "If this happened, and if the ovum developed parthenogenetically [i.e. unfertilised - common in some animals], and if a back-mutation to testosterone sensitivity took place, we would have a situation of an apparently normal woman giving birth without intercourse to a son."

Read more about the Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome and source of quote. http://www.secondtype.info...

I think I have already pointed this out to you Beastt before. I'm not firm in a virgin birth either but I think the possibility is there.

If you believe in the virgin birth, you have not received that false teaching from the bible, but from the Universal church that was founded by Emperor Constantine some 300 years after the apostolic church was established by Jesus in Jerusalem.
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 10:58:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:55:28 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:48:05 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:42:59 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:04:21 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
1 Peter 3:15 (kjv)

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear

In other words, ask me a question and I will give you an answer involving why I believe in God or the hard questions involving Christianity.

Do you believe that the Bible should be taken literally as truth?

Not all of it. You have to remember the bible is a collection of different books and is gathered into a book entitled "The Holy Bible." There are several figurative languages In the bible. Especially that in Psalms and Proverbs. The gospels are written as an eye witness account, which each ones are different because the eye witness will not always get it 100% the same. Some may even remember something different from the other. Genesis 1-11 is difficult, but I personally believe it's a parable.

https://www.youtube.com...

So the Bible is written subjectively?

Allow me to put it like this. It has a universal truth that can be revealed if you look hard enough into it. I remember hearing somebody studied a certain passage in the bible and came up with 50 different interpretations and meanings. So in a sense, there are parts that are subjective. But the objective parts are usually key themes like the golden rule or ten commandments.
SNP1
Posts: 2,403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 11:01:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:30:15 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:23:30 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:20:46 PM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:04:21 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
1 Peter 3:15 (kjv)

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear

In other words, ask me a question and I will give you an answer involving why I believe in God or the hard questions involving Christianity.

Do you believe in the virgin birth of Jesus and the immaculate conception of his mother Mary, which false beliefs do not come from the Holy Scriptures?

I believe in the virgin birth by faith, but not by science. I believe the virgin birth is irrational, but I believe it could be possible.

On what basis do you suggest it to be possible?

There are actual hypotheses about how a women could be a virgin and become pregnant. The problem is, there would be no Y chromosome, and therefore it would be impossible for a virgin to give birth (if possible) to a son.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 11:02:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:55:35 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:04:21 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
1 Peter 3:15 (kjv)

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear

In other words, ask me a question and I will give you an answer involving why I believe in God or the hard questions involving Christianity.

1. Do you think that if you had absolutely no exposure to church and religion prior to becoming a teenager, that you would have come to a belief in God and Christianity?

2. What do you think is the purpose of our existence on Earth?

3. If you had been born and raised in Iran to a Muslim family, what religion would you follow?

1. Good question. Maybe. I can't say for certain though.

2. Everybody has their own different purpose. It is subjective because if it is true that God can give us a calling, we each have different callings. So when we spiritually feel like we have a talent we can do to help out the earth and it's people, I feel that's the individual's purpose.

3. Probably Islam at first due to fear and conformity. But I would probably be Christian if I were to read it's texts. It sounds more merciful than Allah.
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 11:12:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:56:31 PM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:50:21 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:43:11 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:30:15 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:23:30 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:20:46 PM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:04:21 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
1 Peter 3:15 (kjv)

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear

In other words, ask me a question and I will give you an answer involving why I believe in God or the hard questions involving Christianity.

Do you believe in the virgin birth of Jesus and the immaculate conception of his mother Mary, which false beliefs do not come from the Holy Scriptures?

I believe in the virgin birth by faith, but not by science. I believe the virgin birth is irrational, but I believe it could be possible.

On what basis do you suggest it to be possible?

Sam Berry, Emeritus professor of genetics at University College London, has also speculated (Daily Telegraph, 21 November 2001) that the Virgin Mary had Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome, but with differentiation of her sex organs. He claims that it is possible for a person of this constitution to develop an ovum and uterus, "If this happened, and if the ovum developed parthenogenetically [i.e. unfertilised - common in some animals], and if a back-mutation to testosterone sensitivity took place, we would have a situation of an apparently normal woman giving birth without intercourse to a son."

Read more about the Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome and source of quote. http://www.secondtype.info...

I think I have already pointed this out to you Beastt before. I'm not firm in a virgin birth either but I think the possibility is there.

If you believe in the virgin birth, you have not received that false teaching from the bible, but from the Universal church that was founded by Emperor Constantine some 300 years after the apostolic church was established by Jesus in Jerusalem.

Do you read? I said I don't affirm to it strongly. the question asked was it possible. I gave an example of how it could be possible. Or phenotypical females born with Klinefelter syndrome.

I was just providing biological facts of the human species that could vary well result in a classical virgin birth.

As for the other things you said. It is not christian to think that Mary preserved her virginity (which is an unbroken hymen and I think is a equivocation error to relate that to virginity) even through child birth is a Catholic thing. Not to mention that the Immaculate Conception does not apply to Jesus. It means Mary was conceived absent from being passed the Original Sin.

http://www.catholic.com...

A human parthenogenetic would be extremely extremely rare. But not necessarily impossible.

We have such a long time on this earth, constant mutations and a long time means it is inevitable that a Virgin Birth would happen by CHANCE not miraculous God. -sarcasm
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 11:19:59 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:55:35 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:04:21 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
1 Peter 3:15 (kjv)

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear

In other words, ask me a question and I will give you an answer involving why I believe in God or the hard questions involving Christianity.

1. Do you think that if you had absolutely no exposure to church and religion prior to becoming a teenager, that you would have come to a belief in God and Christianity?

2. What do you think is the purpose of our existence on Earth?

3. If you had been born and raised in Iran to a Muslim family, what religion would you follow?

Do you think if you were born with a brain capable of rational thought, you would know arguments based on "do you imagine X then B, therefore B" is a non sequitur.

Deem do you think if you were born in Iran to a Muslim family would you be an Atheist? Would you be on this forum talking?

I guess then your atheism is not from reason or rational but the environment you grew up in. Such arguments do not address the truth value of any statement, just the exposure of a person to different statements.
dee-em
Posts: 6,473
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 11:38:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 11:02:02 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:55:35 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:04:21 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
1 Peter 3:15 (kjv)

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear

In other words, ask me a question and I will give you an answer involving why I believe in God or the hard questions involving Christianity.

1. Do you think that if you had absolutely no exposure to church and religion prior to becoming a teenager, that you would have come to a belief in God and Christianity?

2. What do you think is the purpose of our existence on Earth?

3. If you had been born and raised in Iran to a Muslim family, what religion would you follow?

1. Good question. Maybe. I can't say for certain though.

I could guess. Indoctrination works, which is why it is used.

2. Everybody has their own different purpose. It is subjective because if it is true that God can give us a calling, we each have different callings. So when we spiritually feel like we have a talent we can do to help out the earth and it's people, I feel that's the individual's purpose.

You haven't really answered the question. Yes, we do the best with what existence has thrown at us and we are co-operative by nature. But what is the actual purpose of this short lifespan on Earth? Some of us die almost immediately. Most, in developed countries at least, make it to a ripe old age. Some of us are afflicted with random disabilities, injuries and diseases. Many of us maintain relatively good health for most of our lives. What is God's purpose with such an existence?

3. Probably Islam at first due to fear and conformity. But I would probably be Christian if I were to read it's texts. It sounds more merciful than Allah.

I doubt you are being totally honest with yourself. What percentage of Christians do you think there are in Iran? Do you really think you would defy such odds?
dee-em
Posts: 6,473
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 11:54:37 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 11:19:59 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:55:35 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:04:21 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
1 Peter 3:15 (kjv)

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear

In other words, ask me a question and I will give you an answer involving why I believe in God or the hard questions involving Christianity.

1. Do you think that if you had absolutely no exposure to church and religion prior to becoming a teenager, that you would have come to a belief in God and Christianity?

2. What do you think is the purpose of our existence on Earth?

3. If you had been born and raised in Iran to a Muslim family, what religion would you follow?

Do you think if you were born with a brain capable of rational thought, you would know arguments based on "do you imagine X then B, therefore B" is a non sequitur.

I believe I am a very rational person. I have no idea what argument you think I was making. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I was asking questions.

Deem do you think if you were born in Iran to a Muslim family would you be an Atheist? Would you be on this forum talking?

I have no doubt I would be a Muslim at some level of conviction. I don't fool myself. What is your point?

I guess then your atheism is not from reason or rational but the environment you grew up in. Such arguments do not address the truth value of any statement, just the exposure of a person to different statements.

I was raised Greek Orthodox. My mother believed but my father was only a token, somewhat cynical Christian. I embraced science and rational thought from a very young age but just ignored religion for most of my life. It's only in these latter years that I have become what you would no doubt call a 'militant' atheist.

I can assure you that my atheism comes, not from my environment, but through reason and rational thought. I have two university degrees, the first in mathematical sciences and computing. I worked in the IT industry for many, many years. I don't think I could be any more logical and rational. You decide.
Gentorev
Posts: 2,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2015 11:59:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Gentorev wrote..........If you believe in the virgin birth, you have not received that false teaching from the bible, but from the Universal church that was founded by Emperor Constantine some 300 years after the apostolic church was established by Jesus in Jerusalem.

Mhykiel wrote............Do you read? I said I don't affirm to it strongly. the question asked was it possible. I gave an example of how it could be possible. Or phenotypical females born with Klinefelter syndrome.

Gentorev...........Yes I do read, and I read that it is not possible for a boy child to be born of that female.

Mhykiel wrote........ I was just providing biological facts of the human species that could vary well result in a classical virgin birth.

Gentorev.......... But not of a boy child, if at all a virgin birth is possible.

Mhykiel wrote........... As for the other things you said. It is not christian to think that Mary preserved her virginity (which is an unbroken hymen and I think is a equivocation error to relate that to virginity) even through child birth is a Catholic thing. Not to mention that the Immaculate Conception does not apply to Jesus. It means Mary was conceived absent from being passed the Original Sin.

Gentorev..........Catholic christians are taught that Mary was ever virgin. And their once Saint Clement of Alexandria, who was a saint in the Martyrology of the Roman universal church, in support of the great lie, speaks of the time that some imaginary midwife, who was supposed to be at the birth of Jesus, told some woman by the name Salome, that the mother was still a virgin after the birth and that her hymen was still intact, and that this supposed Salome, stuck her finger into the mother"s vagina to check, and her hand immediately withered up, but the baby Jesus reached out and touched her hand and healed it.

Myhkiel wrote....... A human parthenogenetic would be extremely extremely rare. But not necessarily impossible.

Gentorev.......But highly improbable.

Myhkiel wrote...........We have such a long time on this earth, constant mutations and a long time means it is inevitable that a Virgin Birth would happen by CHANCE not miraculous God. -sarcasm

Gentorev.........Are you truly saying that it is inevitable that a virgin birth of a boy child will happen by chance? And If so, then you must believe that it may already have happened and the people saw that child as born of the invisible God?

Or are you saying that it is inevitable that a girl child will be born of a virgin birth, and if so, what makes you believe that it is an inevitability?

You are correct of course in saying that the Immaculate Conception does not apply to Jesus. It means Mary was conceived absent from being passed the Original Sin.

The immaculate conception, according to the catholic or Universal church that was founded by Emperor Constantine, does not concern the passive conception, (conceptio seminis carnis, inchoata), which, according to the order of nature, precedes the infusion of the rational soul. The person is truly conceived (According to the catholic church) when the soul is created and infused into the body. Mary, according to the church of Constantine, was preserved exempt from all stain of original sin at the first moment of her animation, and sanctifying grace was given to her before sin could have taken effect in her soul. This means that by a special grace of God she was exempted from original sin when she was conceived.

The first question that comes to mind, is, "Why could their god, who supposedly created Mary, a descendant of Adam, sinless: not create all the descendants of Adam sinless? Then there would be no reason for the Son of God, who is also "The Son of Man," the great spirit that develops within the androgynous body of mankind, which is the expanded and pregnant body of Eve, to have to descend from his, as yet future point in time, within the eternal present, to die for the sins of the body in which he "The Son of Man" develops?
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 12:07:00 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 11:54:37 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 1/10/2015 11:19:59 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:55:35 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:04:21 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
1 Peter 3:15 (kjv)

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear

In other words, ask me a question and I will give you an answer involving why I believe in God or the hard questions involving Christianity.

1. Do you think that if you had absolutely no exposure to church and religion prior to becoming a teenager, that you would have come to a belief in God and Christianity?

2. What do you think is the purpose of our existence on Earth?

3. If you had been born and raised in Iran to a Muslim family, what religion would you follow?

Do you think if you were born with a brain capable of rational thought, you would know arguments based on "do you imagine X then B, therefore B" is a non sequitur.

I believe I am a very rational person. I have no idea what argument you think I was making. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I was asking questions.

Deem do you think if you were born in Iran to a Muslim family would you be an Atheist? Would you be on this forum talking?

I have no doubt I would be a Muslim at some level of conviction. I don't fool myself. What is your point?

I guess then your atheism is not from reason or rational but the environment you grew up in. Such arguments do not address the truth value of any statement, just the exposure of a person to different statements.

I was raised Greek Orthodox. My mother believed but my father was only a token, somewhat cynical Christian. I embraced science and rational thought from a very young age but just ignored religion for most of my life. It's only in these latter years that I have become what you would no doubt call a 'militant' atheist.

I can assure you that my atheism comes, not from my environment, but through reason and rational thought. I have two university degrees, the first in mathematical sciences and computing. I worked in the IT industry for many, many years. I don't think I could be any more logical and rational. You decide.

It was a loaded question and you know that. Imagining being born anywhere does not address the truth value of a statement. Just exposure to different statements.

I think you were really rational you could not be a militant atheist.

Your degrees mean nothing me. I work in IT security and I've sat on teams where my ideas were thought crazy. When in fact that were a natural progression of critical thought about a problem. And my ideas were just applying old basic principles to the problem. It amazes me how many solutions I find are already tackled in the past.

Plus if you think your soup brain of chemicals can think rationally where from does that logic come from? Given your brain is a chemical electrical computer of social computations I bet you are an Atheist for personal reasons and self identify based on the image you want your social circles to perceive you as.
Gentorev
Posts: 2,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 12:14:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 10:47:11 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:43:18 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:30:15 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:23:30 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:20:46 PM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:04:21 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
1 Peter 3:15 (kjv)

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear

In other words, ask me a question and I will give you an answer involving why I believe in God or the hard questions involving Christianity.

Do you believe in the virgin birth of Jesus and the immaculate conception of his mother Mary, which false beliefs do not come from the Holy Scriptures?

I believe in the virgin birth by faith, but not by science. I believe the virgin birth is irrational, but I believe it could be possible.

On what basis do you suggest it to be possible?

Just that it could be possible if it the possibility of God exists who wanted to send a savior. I just think of the possibilities, even if the probabilities are small.

Do I understand you correctly that you don't really have any standards or lines of division between what is possible, and what isn't? Because I'm not seeing anything specific. You're saying that if God exists, then a virgin birth is possible. Isn't that much like saying that if everything is possible, then a virgin birth is possible?

I think our information regarding the necessity of a physical bit of DNA from two parents is a necessity for a human female to become pregnant. And when we consider that the virgin birth originally arose from a bad translation (Hebrew "Almah" to Greek "parthenos"), there is really no reason to believe that it ever happened, or could ever happen.

It is heartening to see that you believe that the virgin birth is non-biblical and that the false teaching arose from a bad interpretation (Not translation) of the Hebrew "Almah", which can in no way be translated "VIRGIN."
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 12:19:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/10/2015 11:59:17 PM, Gentorev wrote:
Gentorev wrote..........If you believe in the virgin birth, you have not received that false teaching from the bible, but from the Universal church that was founded by Emperor Constantine some 300 years after the apostolic church was established by Jesus in Jerusalem.

Mhykiel wrote............Do you read? I said I don't affirm to it strongly. the question asked was it possible. I gave an example of how it could be possible. Or phenotypical females born with Klinefelter syndrome.

Gentorev...........Yes I do read, and I read that it is not possible for a boy child to be born of that female.


"If this happened, and if the ovum developed parthenogenetically [i.e. unfertilised - common in some animals], and if a back-mutation to testosterone sensitivity took place, we would have a situation of an apparently normal woman giving birth without intercourse to a son"

Mhykiel wrote........ I was just providing biological facts of the human species that could vary well result in a classical virgin birth.

Gentorev.......... But not of a boy child, if at all a virgin birth is possible.


False in both examples I gave there is a possibility of the woman passing on an X and Y chromosome to a boy.

Mhykiel wrote........... As for the other things you said. It is not christian to think that Mary preserved her virginity (which is an unbroken hymen and I think is a equivocation error to relate that to virginity) even through child birth is a Catholic thing. Not to mention that the Immaculate Conception does not apply to Jesus. It means Mary was conceived absent from being passed the Original Sin.

Gentorev..........Catholic christians are taught that Mary was ever virgin. And their once Saint Clement of Alexandria, who was a saint in the Martyrology of the Roman universal church, in support of the great lie, speaks of the time that some imaginary midwife, who was supposed to be at the birth of Jesus, told some woman by the name Salome, that the mother was still a virgin after the birth and that her hymen was still intact, and that this supposed Salome, stuck her finger into the mother"s vagina to check, and her hand immediately withered up, but the baby Jesus reached out and touched her hand and healed it.


I won't argue for or against Catholic Dogma I am unversed in much of it.

Myhkiel wrote....... A human parthenogenetic would be extremely extremely rare. But not necessarily impossible.

Gentorev.......But highly improbable.


improbable is not a quantitative measure. It is a subjective judgement. Such a judgement comes from how you or anyone else wants to interpret the facts. Fact is it is not impossible. Fact is it would rare. I have not even advocated that this was how Mary gave birth to a son without sexual intercourse. I think that requires examining more evidence and accounts.

but I think retrospective diagnosing is one of the weakest argumentation there is.

Myhkiel wrote...........We have such a long time on this earth, constant mutations and a long time means it is inevitable that a Virgin Birth would happen by CHANCE not miraculous God. -sarcasm

Gentorev.........Are you truly saying that it is inevitable that a virgin birth of a boy child will happen by chance? And If so, then you must believe that it may already have happened and the people saw that child as born of the invisible God?


Atheist think Life from nonliving materials, evolution of the eyeball, ect... all because small chance + long period of time + conditions = for them make "FACT"

So yeah if I use the same standard as an atheist feel comfortable making such a claim. And I made it, supported it, and left now is for you to rebuttal or concede.

Or are you saying that it is inevitable that a girl child will be born of a virgin birth, and if so, what makes you believe that it is an inevitability?

You are correct of course in saying that the Immaculate Conception does not apply to Jesus. It means Mary was conceived absent from being passed the Original Sin.

The immaculate conception, according to the catholic or Universal church that was founded by Emperor Constantine, does not concern the passive conception, (conceptio seminis carnis, inchoata), which, according to the order of nature, precedes the infusion of the rational soul. The person is truly conceived (According to the catholic church) when the soul is created and infused into the body. Mary, according to the church of Constantine, was preserved exempt from all stain of original sin at the first moment of her animation, and sanctifying grace was given to her before sin could have taken effect in her soul. This means that by a special grace of God she was exempted from original sin when she was conceived.

The first question that comes to mind, is, "Why could their god, who supposedly created Mary, a descendant of Adam, sinless: not create all the descendants of Adam sinless? Then there would be no reason for the Son of God, who is also "The Son of Man," the great spirit that develops within the androgynous body of mankind, which is the expanded and pregnant body of Eve, to have to descend from his, as yet future point in time, within the eternal present, to die for the sins of the body in which he "The Son of Man" develops?

Could of, would of, should of, arguments for what God did/or did not do. Is hypothesis contrary to fact. A formal fallacy that makes the argument illogical and offer nothing to determining false or true.
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 12:22:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/11/2015 12:14:43 AM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:47:11 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:43:18 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:30:15 PM, Beastt wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:23:30 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:20:46 PM, Gentorev wrote:
At 1/10/2015 10:04:21 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
1 Peter 3:15 (kjv)

But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear

In other words, ask me a question and I will give you an answer involving why I believe in God or the hard questions involving Christianity.

Do you believe in the virgin birth of Jesus and the immaculate conception of his mother Mary, which false beliefs do not come from the Holy Scriptures?

I believe in the virgin birth by faith, but not by science. I believe the virgin birth is irrational, but I believe it could be possible.

On what basis do you suggest it to be possible?

Just that it could be possible if it the possibility of God exists who wanted to send a savior. I just think of the possibilities, even if the probabilities are small.

Do I understand you correctly that you don't really have any standards or lines of division between what is possible, and what isn't? Because I'm not seeing anything specific. You're saying that if God exists, then a virgin birth is possible. Isn't that much like saying that if everything is possible, then a virgin birth is possible?

I think our information regarding the necessity of a physical bit of DNA from two parents is a necessity for a human female to become pregnant. And when we consider that the virgin birth originally arose from a bad translation (Hebrew "Almah" to Greek "parthenos"), there is really no reason to believe that it ever happened, or could ever happen.

It is heartening to see that you believe that the virgin birth is non-biblical and that the false teaching arose from a bad interpretation (Not translation) of the Hebrew "Almah", which can in no way be translated "VIRGIN."
And if it can in no way be "translated" as "virgin", then it is indeed a "mistranslation" to do so. Which is what happened.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire