Jump to topic:

Atheism is fantastic

Benshapiro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 9:40:56 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
By fantastic I mean stretching the imagination to a wonderous extent.

Please, place a number on the exponent of 1^10 power of our universe arising by chance and we'll have a quiz at the end. Whoever gets closest to the actual odds of atheism being true I'll give a special prize to.

I'll only use established odds of what we know to possible by chance.

Once we establish these odds I'll post the actual number in expanded notation form as a fun bonus round.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 9:47:23 AM
At 1/11/2015 9:40:56 AM, Benshapiro wrote:

Please, place a number on the exponent of 1^10 power of our universe arising by chance and we'll have a quiz at the end. Whoever gets closest to the actual odds of atheism being true I'll give a special prize to.

Once we establish these odds I'll post the actual number in expanded notation form as a fun bonus round.

Okay, so this thread is all about guesswork based on what? Your imagination running amok?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Envisage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 9:49:11 AM

So about this debate we were going to have... Where you can throw these nonsensical statistics and arguments in. Where is it?
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 9:58:31 AM
1 chance in 2.04 x 10^390
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 9:59:56 AM

1 chance in 2.04 x 10^390

The calculation is bogus, but it's the one you're looking for
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 10:03:30 AM

Please try the following:
1. Roll a dice 20 times, write down the number each time.
2. Start a new thread and list the combination you just rolled.
3. Challenge all of the users to guess the odds that you are telling us the truth and really rolled that combination.
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 1:16:37 PM

In a multi-verse with infinite possibilities it doesn't matter what the odds are.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 1:30:08 PM
At 1/11/2015 1:16:37 PM, Bennett91 wrote:

In a multi-verse with infinite possibilities it doesn't matter what the odds are.

so according to you its has the potential annuling to exist (infinite possibilities) or get into situation that it stagnants forever (making for itself laws not permitting to "develop".) we have infinite time so why it didnt happen yet? according to your logic it should occur. you know what is infinite? everything had happened in the past for every little thing comes to your mind (like humans becoming to a potato) because you have for every little thing a chance and you have also infinite time. so its doesnt matter whats the chances right?
Never fart near dog
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 1:39:41 PM
At 1/11/2015 1:30:08 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:

so according to you its has the potential annuling to exist (infinite possibilities) or get into situation that it stagnants forever (making for itself laws not permitting to "develop".)

I'm not sure what you're getting at here. If there is a stagnating universe that is "annulling" itself then it's clearly not this universe.

we have infinite time so why it didnt happen yet? according to your logic it should occur.

Yes. It already has happened, or is happening. In another universe, duh.

you know what is infinite? everything had happened in the past for every little thing comes to your mind (like humans becoming to a potato) because you have for every little thing a chance and you have also infinite time. so its doesnt matter whats the chances right?

Yep. That's essentially what multi-verse could conclude. Every possibility is expressed in a separate universe.
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 1:47:46 PM
At 1/11/2015 1:39:41 PM, Bennett91 wrote:

so according to you its has the potential annuling to exist (infinite possibilities) or get into situation that it stagnants forever (making for itself laws not permitting to "develop".)

I'm not sure what you're getting at here. If there is a stagnating universe that is "annulling" itself then it's clearly not this universe.

we have infinite time so why it didnt happen yet? according to your logic it should occur.

you know what is infinite? everything had happened in the past for every little thing comes to your mind (like humans becoming to a potato) because you have for every little thing a chance and you have also infinite time. so its doesnt matter whats the chances right?

Yep. That's essentially what multi-verse could conclude. Every possibility is expressed in a separate universe.

but wait you have infinite time and infinite chances so there should be some cutting point in the progression of multiverse (in the past) because you have infinite time (past). so why we exist? according to that every multiverse has the potential to perish no? its also a chance. sooo every multiverse(s) should have already gone by now! chance doesnt matter. there is a chance for that too.
Never fart near dog
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 2:14:54 PM
At 1/11/2015 1:47:46 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 1/11/2015 1:39:41 PM, Bennett91 wrote:

but wait you have infinite time and infinite chances so there should be some cutting point in the progression of multiverse (in the past) because you have infinite time (past). so why we exist? according to that every multiverse has the potential to perish no? its also a chance. sooo every multiverse(s) should have already gone by now! chance doesnt matter. there is a chance for that too.

You don't seem to understand what multi-verse theory is. Every possibility is not expressed within a singular universe. Every possibility is expressed within multiple universes. For every possibility there is a universe.

Here's a video that try's to explain the 3 basic theories of multi-verse.