Jump to topic:

Evolution vs God

ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2015 10:25:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I am going to be watching a movie I've already seen, but with my dad this time. Evolution vs God. My dad already doesn't like me being pro LGBT on the bible, but now he has a problem with me on evolution. So he wanted to think he had the upper hand, but when I told him I have seen the movie several times, I don't think he was impressed. So I offered to watch it with him so we could discuss it's pros and cons. So wish me luck and if you have advice, i'd like some. I already watched it right now and I took 4 sticky note pages of notes.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2015 4:28:40 AM
At 1/11/2015 10:25:22 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
I am going to be watching a movie I've already seen, but with my dad this time. Evolution vs God. My dad already doesn't like me being pro LGBT on the bible, but now he has a problem with me on evolution. So he wanted to think he had the upper hand, but when I told him I have seen the movie several times, I don't think he was impressed. So I offered to watch it with him so we could discuss it's pros and cons. So wish me luck and if you have advice, i'd like some. I already watched it right now and I took 4 sticky note pages of notes.

Evolution makes a lot more sense than the creation myth!
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2015 4:59:41 AM

Just ask him to take off his shoes and socks and have a good look at his toes. A really good look. Then ask him what purpose the toes and toenails serve. The resulting discussion should be entertaining.
Impartial
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2015 7:09:22 AM

If that doesn't sway him, get on YouTube and play him some Richard Dawkins.
To believe is to know nothing.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2015 7:21:42 AM
I would much sooner be a species of ape than created in the image of the unpleasant Biblical deity.
TrueScotsman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2015 7:24:46 AM

It's an atrocious piece of work, can't believe you would subject yourself to watching it multiple times. Doesn't even respect being addressed really, it's a joke.
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2015 8:13:25 AM
At 1/12/2015 7:24:46 AM, TrueScotsman wrote:

It's an atrocious piece of work, can't believe you would subject yourself to watching it multiple times. Doesn't even respect being addressed really, it's a joke.

Which is why I watch it. To point out the several wrongs and to laugh. "Evolution gets rid of moral accountability. Hitler was using evolution."
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2015 8:14:54 AM
At 1/12/2015 7:09:22 AM, Impartial wrote:

If that doesn't sway him, get on YouTube and play him some Richard Dawkins.

That won't work. He'll hate Richard Dawkins, plus he basically doesn't believe anything on the Internet because he says "if it's on the Internet, it's most likely false."
TrueScotsman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2015 8:17:32 AM
At 1/12/2015 8:13:25 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 1/12/2015 7:24:46 AM, TrueScotsman wrote:

Which is why I watch it. To point out the several wrongs and to laugh. "Evolution gets rid of moral accountability. Hitler was using evolution."

It's too painful for me, like nails on a chalk board. To here so many falsehoods and bad arguments against unprepared and probably under educated college students. Not to mention the blatant problems that come when one has the power to simply edit the video to make it seem like no one had answers. Only a Young Earth Creationist would go around attempting to refute evolution, by randomly debating people walking around. As if that proved anything.

Publish a peer-reviewed paper in a scientific journal on the matter if you want to really deal with evolution.
Ragnar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2015 5:46:37 PM
Good luck in your conversation. Hopefully you and he can freely discuss ideas...
However if he turns into a jerk, you could always explain to him the "theory" of Unintelligent Design, which surpasses any theory of intelligent design, I mean it explains so easily why all mammals have the same bones in our skeletons, since our esteemed creator the Flying Spaghetti Monster, was very much flawed when making the world. It also explains things like cancer, which made in the image of god really doesn't approach.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...