Jump to topic:

Pedophile priests? Blame feminism.

dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2015 4:46:29 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
The Catholic Church and its lack of scrutiny, its veil of secrecy, and its cover-ups is not to blame for pedophilia according to Cardinal Raymond Burke:

"the radical feminism which has assaulted the Church and society since the 1960s has left men very marginalised." This radical feminism has resulted in men being confused about their role in life, which has led to all kinds of disastrous things like a decrease in the number of altar boys alongside an increase in the number of priests who inappropriately touch them.

"There was a period of time when men who were feminised and confused about their own sexual identity had entered the priesthood," said Burke, "Sadly some of these disordered men sexually abused minors; a terrible tragedy for which the Church mourns."

http://www.dailylife.com.au...

Women, take stock. You and your striving for equality have brought this about. You very nearly ruined a perfectly decent institution. Shame on you.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2015 4:56:29 AM
Funny we made these threads almost simultaneously. (Mine: http://www.debate.org...)

Perhaps there's a divinely inspired compromise in the works.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2015 5:06:52 AM
At 1/12/2015 4:56:29 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Funny we made these threads almost simultaneously. (Mine: http://www.debate.org...)

Yin and Yang. Pedophilia in the church and militant atheism. They just about balance out, right?
wsmunit7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2015 5:09:15 AM
At 1/12/2015 4:46:29 AM, dee-em wrote:
The Catholic Church and its lack of scrutiny, its veil of secrecy, and its cover-ups is not to blame for pedophilia according to Cardinal Raymond Burke:

"the radical feminism which has assaulted the Church and society since the 1960s has left men very marginalised." This radical feminism has resulted in men being confused about their role in life, which has led to all kinds of disastrous things like a decrease in the number of altar boys alongside an increase in the number of priests who inappropriately touch them.

"There was a period of time when men who were feminised and confused about their own sexual identity had entered the priesthood," said Burke, "Sadly some of these disordered men sexually abused minors; a terrible tragedy for which the Church mourns."

Women, take stock. You and your striving for equality have brought this about. You very nearly ruined a perfectly decent institution. Shame on you.

LMFAO!!!!!! You and your ilk would be really funny, except for the fact that you believe your own warped propaganda.

I am gay, and I am more secure in my masculinity than you are in whatever you are.

LMFAO!!!!! LMFAO!!!!! LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!

You are pathetic.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2015 5:09:49 AM
At 1/12/2015 5:06:52 AM, dee-em wrote:

Yin and Yang. Pedophilia in the church and militant atheism. They just about balance out, right?

Pedophilia in the church is an interesting one, IMO. Do you think it stems from some natural urge? I think it took its birth in rather ungodly existential considerations, personally; something after the abused becoming the abuser. I mean, you can hardly blame the church, right?
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2015 5:15:32 AM
At 1/12/2015 5:09:15 AM, wsmunit7 wrote:

LMFAO!!!!!! You and your ilk would be really funny, except for the fact that you believe your own warped propaganda.

I am gay, and I am more secure in my masculinity than you are in whatever you are.

You are pathetic.

Thanks. If you are referring to the last part of the OP, it was sarcasm. You obviously don't know me very well. Did you read the article?
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2015 5:30:00 AM
At 1/12/2015 5:09:49 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:

Pedophilia in the church is an interesting one, IMO. Do you think it stems from some natural urge? I think it took its birth in rather ungodly existential considerations, personally; something after the abused becoming the abuser. I mean, you can hardly blame the church, right?

I don't know you well enough to know whether you are serious or not. It is well known that pedophiles look for vocations which put them into trusted positions and close contact with young people. Professions such as scout masters, counselors, teachers and priests. The latter is ideal because of the authority it confers and the opportunities it provides for unsupervised access to children. From such a platform it is relatively easy for priests to groom their victims over a period of years and to use the authority of church and God to scare the kids into keeping quiet about the abuse.

I dont blame the church for the fact that pedophiles gravitate to jobs as priests. What I do blame them for is not having systems in place to detect the abuse and to report it to the police without question. Instead it has engaged in systematic cover-ups, buying off the victims for a pittance, and protecting the priests in question by simply shuffling them off to another parish where they can continue their crimes.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2015 5:36:30 AM
At 1/12/2015 5:30:00 AM, dee-em wrote:

I don't know you well enough to know whether you are serious or not. It is well known that pedophiles look for vocations which put them into trusted positions and close contact with young people. Professions such as scout masters, counselors, teachers and priests. The latter is ideal because of the authority it confers and the opportunities it provides for unsupervised access to children. From such a platform it is relatively easy for priests to groom their victims over a period of years and to use the authority of church and God to scare the kids into keeping quiet about the abuse.

I dont blame the church for the fact that pedophiles gravitate to jobs as priests. What I do blame them for is not having systems in place to detect the abuse and to report it to the police without question. Instead it has engaged in systematic cover-ups, buying off the victims for a pittance, and protecting the priests in question by simply shuffling them off to another parish where they can continue their crimes.

Yes, but what is a pedophile? I'm reminded of children throwing eggs. Stanley Kubrick does a great scene on it in his Clockwork Orange, actually; where Alex is being psychoanalysed after his bust-up.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2015 5:39:08 AM
Pedophilia in the church is certainly striking. A lot of people would say the church was abusive regardless of what went on in those certain Catholic schools. I wonder if it wasn't just faithless men playing out their conception of the world and God.
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2015 5:45:23 AM

Well just flog us all for such a travesty. I'm not even a feminist and I take offense to this. How are women at fault for the perversions of a few priests? Maybe if the church would let them marry and have sex with women they'd leave boys alone. Talk about blaming the thing you desire for your own deviant behavior because you cant have it. Sometimes I wonder how stupid people get into the position to be interviewed.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2015 5:45:34 AM
At 1/12/2015 5:39:08 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Pedophilia in the church is certainly striking. A lot of people would say the church was abusive regardless of what went on in those certain Catholic schools. I wonder if it wasn't just faithless men playing out their conception of the world and God.

This is not uncommon, by the way. The deranged often make a twisted art of murder.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2015 5:53:22 AM
At 1/12/2015 5:36:30 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:

Yes, but what is a pedophile? I'm reminded of children throwing eggs. Stanley Kubrick does a great scene on it in his Clockwork Orange, actually; where Alex is being psychoanalysed after his bust-up.

I don't get your allusion to A Clockwork Orange, but you do have something with your "abused becoming the abuser" comment. That has some truth:

http://neuroanthropology.net...
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2015 5:58:05 AM
At 1/12/2015 5:53:22 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 1/12/2015 5:36:30 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:

I don't get your allusion to A Clockwork Orange, but you do have something with your "abused becoming the abuser" comment. That has some truth:

That scene where the blue-haired lady (to represent the absurd) is asking Alex to fill in the blanks to go along with the slides she's showing him. His regard for eggs might be related to pedophilia/future generations (actually this is exactly what it's supposed to represent; woman cast as a peacock in an earlier slide). Smash em! Pedophilia and the Church paint a picture quite like that movie scene, I think.

http://neuroanthropology.net...
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2015 6:06:32 AM
There is very little in which there is not art. And indeed, the metaphor is the truest form of expression.
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2015 6:09:30 AM

You are pathetic.

Yes. Yes. We know you're gay and we don't care. You need to come back when the theists are here. That's later in the morning. Annanicole will love you especially. She doesn't like homosexuality.

Dee is not pathetic. Stop being a jerk.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2015 6:16:48 AM
At 1/12/2015 5:45:23 AM, jodybirdy wrote:

Well just flog us all for such a travesty. I'm not even a feminist and I take offense to this. How are women at fault for the perversions of a few priests? Maybe if the church would let them marry and have sex with women they'd leave boys alone. Talk about blaming the thing you desire for your own deviant behavior because you cant have it. Sometimes I wonder how stupid people get into the position to be interviewed.

I thought it was a mock piece written as satire when I first saw it. Surely a Cardinal couldn't say anything this ludicrous in a real interview. Apparently he could. Astounding.

I'm not sure that changing the rules on marriage would help much for the reasons I gave earlier as to why pedophiles are attracted to such work. I would like to see a rigorous psychological test devised which can detect pedophilic tendencies (if possible) and the church monitor its priests much more stringently. Here in Australia the law has been changed to compel the church to immediately report any complaint about child abuse to the police. It's about time.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2015 6:25:08 AM
Why do some idiots blame paedophilia just on gays? Obviously some are perverts just as some heterosexuals are as well.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2015 6:25:22 AM
At 1/12/2015 6:09:30 AM, jodybirdy wrote:

You are pathetic.

Yes. Yes. We know you're gay and we don't care. You need to come back when the theists are here. That's later in the morning. Annanicole will love you especially. She doesn't like homosexuality.

That's not all, but I don't want to get into trouble by mentioning colours.

Dee is not pathetic. Stop being a jerk.

It's okay. He didn't know. Perhaps he should read my comments in this thread by LMGIG:

http://www.debate.org...
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2015 6:28:29 AM
At 1/12/2015 6:25:08 AM, JJ50 wrote:
Why do some idiots blame paedophilia just on gays? Obviously some are perverts just as some heterosexuals are as well.

Homosexuality is seen as the gateway drug, basically.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2015 6:30:15 AM

My view is that paedophilia (you're not American) has less to do with sexual gratification and more to do with a power and dominance imbalance. I could be wrong though.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2015 6:32:20 AM
At 1/12/2015 6:30:15 AM, dee-em wrote:

My view is that paedophilia (you're not American) has less to do with sexual gratification and more to do with a power and dominance imbalance. I could be wrong though.

No, you're right. Same with all sex, really, though. Christianity's keeping it strictly productive is certainly intelligible in terms of keeping out the absurd.
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2015 6:37:22 AM
At 1/12/2015 6:16:48 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 1/12/2015 5:45:23 AM, jodybirdy wrote:

I thought it was a mock piece written as satire when I first saw it. Surely a Cardinal couldn't say anything this ludicrous in a real interview. Apparently he could. Astounding.

I'm not sure that changing the rules on marriage would help much for the reasons I gave earlier as to why pedophiles are attracted to such work. I would like to see a rigorous psychological test devised which can detect pedophilic tendencies (if possible) and the church monitor its priests much more stringently. Here in Australia the law has been changed to compel the church to immediately report any complaint about child abuse to the police. It's about time.

Thank God for that ;) heh!
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2015 7:18:30 AM

I don't see it that way at all. No am not from the US for which I thank my lucky stars!
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2015 7:29:11 AM
At 1/12/2015 7:18:30 AM, JJ50 wrote:

I don't see it that way at all. No am not from the US for which I thank my lucky stars!

At the risk of offending Americans, I agree, even though their spelling is more phonetic.

Ah, I see you're a Pom. Guess where I live then?
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2015 7:32:04 AM
At 1/12/2015 7:29:11 AM, dee-em wrote:

At the risk of offending Americans, I agree, even though their spelling is more phonetic.

I'm offended!! Not sure what for but, yeah.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2015 7:36:50 AM
At 1/12/2015 7:29:11 AM, dee-em wrote:

If you mean British, yes I am.