Jump to topic:

What's in a WORD?

Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2015 11:07:57 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
When I see the words sanitation engineer I change it back to garbageman.

When I see the word God I change it to Life. The Living God.

When I see the word Jesus I change that to One Truth that is NOT subjective.

Anti-Christ? I see Anti-Truth.

Makes Life so much more meaningful when you seek and follow the ways of a One Truth that is NOT subjective.

Don't believe that there is a ONE Truth that is NOT subjective?

There IS, but you won't find, KNOW or understand that Truth unless childish ways are put behind you.

I have learned over the years that others get MIGHTY upset when their love/lust of fantasy and fiction is picked on.
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2015 2:30:39 PM
What's in a word?
There is meaning in a word.
That meaning depends on individual perception what definitions people use when they see the symbols or letters.
We are all trained by society to believe certain symbols mean different thing.

Sanitation engineer can be a fancy term for garbageman. The term sanitation engineer makes it sound like an "upper class" respectable job where the term garbage man sounds like a lower class disgusting job but it is the same job with different labels. How you see it depends on your perception of the job.

The word God can mean Life or Love or Truth or Reality or to some it can mean an invisible supernatural character. It all depends on how people personally define the word God. To some it represents something real and tangible and to others it represents nothing but a myth.

The word Jesus is much the same as the word God. To some it represents a WAY of LIFE in TRUTH. To some it represents a historical man. To others it represents a myth.

Anti-Christ? Can definitely represent Lies, deceptions, falsehoods and anything that is against Truth. However, some perceive it represent a spirit which is against Christ. Some perceive it to be a man who will appear at some time in the future. Some perceive it to be a character who is as mythical as Christ.

Truth to most people is subjective. Very few can understand the concept of One Truth that is NOT subjective.

Objective Truth as I see it, is simply the FACTS of REALITY all around us.

That which is what it is, is an objective truth. Eg, A tree is a tree regardless of what you label it. An animal is an animal regardless of what you label it and what you think or know about it. All things are exactly what they are regardless of how humans judge them.
Facts are objective Truth. What humans think about the facts is a subjective truth.

Words are what they are. How people interpret their meaning is always subjective. Humans give meaning to words and symbols. Words or symbols on their own are meaningless.
Just try to read any language you do not understand and you will see how meaningless letters and symbols are when you don't know how to interpret them.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 4:15:57 AM
Words are methods of communication.

The gospel of John is interesting because it says the word is God.

That would make God a method of communication.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 4:33:11 AM
At 1/15/2015 4:15:57 AM, Skyangel wrote:

In which case the Bible deity doesn't communicate very well as its so called 'word' can be interpreted in a myriad different ways!
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 10:16:00 AM
"In which case the Bible deity doesn't communicate very well as its so called 'word' can be interpreted in a myriad different ways!"

EE:
IF What is being called "the Bible deity" is VIEWED as LIFE it's self and not a invisible character that lives in the sky and resides within peoples imaginations.

Then the "characters" of the scriptures are just "viewed" as the "fictional characters" that they are in Truth and Fact and we can LEARN and GROW from what the characters and written scripts can teach.

It is easy enough to SEE if one grabs hold of the monsters within them,
pulls them close and then just look over their shoulders.

You must remove the monsters of ritual from your path so that you can SEE that there IS SOMETHING BEYOND them.

just say BOO for a magic word as magic words can surely destroy magic monsters I would think?
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 10:34:55 AM
At 1/12/2015 11:07:57 AM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:

Makes Life so much more meaningful when you seek and follow the ways of a One Truth that is NOT subjective.

There IS, but you won't find, KNOW or understand that Truth unless childish ways are put behind you.

I have learned over the years that others get MIGHTY upset when their love/lust of fantasy and fiction is picked on.

You went by profession. Sanitation engineer I change it back to garbageman.
When I see the word Jesus. You can change that to carpenter.
When I see the word God. You can change it to alchemist.

There isn't enough truth in the bible to survive scientific inquiry or pass a lie detector test.
Jesus was tried, convicted and put to death for blasphemy. I.e lying about being God and messiah.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 11:47:18 AM
At 1/15/2015 10:34:55 AM, Harikrish wrote:

You went by profession. Sanitation engineer I change it back to garbageman.
When I see the word Jesus. You can change that to carpenter.
When I see the word God. You can change it to alchemist.

There isn't enough truth in the bible to survive scientific inquiry or pass a lie detector test.
Jesus was tried, convicted and put to death for blasphemy. I.e lying about being God and messiah.

EE:
Seems that you are saying that you believe that the "characters" of the scriptures were actual living people in the past?

Do you view the "bible/scriptures" as a book/books of written history?

That is what you write seems to say to me.

That you view the bible as mostly factual recorded history and that the "history" has been shown "defective" by the "scientific communities"?

Is that what you are implying?

I personally view MOST of the so called scientific communities as just a bunch of BIG heads chasing their many personal forms of fantasy and fictional realities while operating under the guise/disguise of science,

Science is mostly theory with a bit of this and that added to try and make something seem whole, or at least possibly whole at some future place and time.

I view the 2 main sides of the conflict, argument, disagreement, competition, pissing match and such as being,

religious fiction vs science fiction

toss in some politics and the lusts of the flesh and you have what we see if we take a look around us.

A world filled with mostly lost, confused, doubt plagued angry peoples of all ages, sizes and such that try and believe that if they can confuse the "other guy" more so then they themselves are confused that it will make them less confused.

in theory anywho...

something like that in a nut shell......
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 2:58:19 PM
At 1/15/2015 4:33:11 AM, JJ50 wrote:

In which case the Bible deity doesn't communicate very well as its so called 'word' can be interpreted in a myriad different ways!

It is the givers and receivers of the words who do the communicating. Whether they understand each others words or not depends on how they interpret each others words. It is true that words can be interpreted in many different ways since many words have more than one meaning. It makes things very interesting when a statement has a literal as well as a metaphorical meaning.

Some believe bible characters are fictional. Others believe they are historical.
In the context of talking animals, talking plants, sea monsters, etc. it seems more logical to treat the characters as fictional.

Fictional characters can still teach various morals and lessons which can be useful in life.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 3:05:01 PM
At 1/15/2015 2:58:19 PM, Skyangel wrote:

It is the givers and receivers of the words who do the communicating. Whether they understand each others words or not depends on how they interpret each others words. It is true that words can be interpreted in many different ways since many words have more than one meaning. It makes things very interesting when a statement has a literal as well as a metaphorical meaning.

Some believe bible characters are fictional. Others believe they are historical.
In the context of talking animals, talking plants, sea monsters, etc. it seems more logical to treat the characters as fictional.

Fictional characters can still teach various morals and lessons which can be useful in life.

You missed John 1:14. The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 3:16:53 PM

Does science feel the need to inquire into fictional stories?
How does a story pass any lie detector tests? I thought those only worked on people?

A fictional character who represents TRUTH was tried and convicted of being a lie. That same Truth is still convicted of being a lie today. Those who call their own lies truth always call the Truth a lie because they hate the fact that Truth exposes their lies.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 3:29:12 PM
At 1/15/2015 3:05:01 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 1/15/2015 2:58:19 PM, Skyangel wrote:

You missed John 1:14. The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Did words to describe physical things exist before the physical things existed or did the physical things exist first and mankind made up- words to describe those physical things?

The only time words would exist before physical things (flesh) is when the words describe imaginary things or things which have not been born yet. We could talk about the generations which will be on this Earth in 100 years from now. Our words would become "flesh" in the sense that babies would be born in 100 years from today.

Humanity says through their actions "Let us make man in our own image" and those babies which people decide to make, become flesh in the womb of the mothers and they dwell among us and we behold their glory before we die.

Humanity communicates that Word of Life through their actions.
The same Word of Life becomes flesh daily through the acts of nature. Plants and animals all say "Let us reproduce after our own kind."
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 3:36:18 PM
At 1/15/2015 3:16:53 PM, Skyangel wrote:

How does a story pass any lie detector tests? I thought those only worked on people?

A fictional character who represents TRUTH was tried and convicted of being a lie. That same Truth is still convicted of being a lie today. Those who call their own lies truth always call the Truth a lie because they hate the fact that Truth exposes their lies.

There is a science called textual criticism that biblical,scholars used to test the authenticity and accuracy of biblical scriptures. It is the equivalent of a lie detector.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 3:57:45 PM
"There is a science called textual criticism that biblical,scholars used to test the authenticity and accuracy of biblical scriptures. It is the equivalent of a lie detector."

EE:
I found that statement greatly amusing.

textual criticism
The process of attempting to ascertain the original wording of a text.

ascertain
Find (something) out for certain; make sure of.

Here is what I find so amusing.

When the statement in question is studied under the microscope of common sense science.

We might deduct that the example below is much the same for accuracy.

When pinocchio lied his nose would grow longer proving beyond a doubt that he was in FACT telling lies.

I would bet that some of those scholars had growing noses now and then.

People can be very moody from day to day.

One day they they invite you to dinner and another day you are the dinner....

nothing new under the sun when the popular masses try and have their FUN
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 4:43:45 PM
At 1/15/2015 3:57:45 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
"There is a science called textual criticism that biblical,scholars used to test the authenticity and accuracy of biblical scriptures. It is the equivalent of a lie detector."

EE:
I found that statement greatly amusing.

textual criticism
The process of attempting to ascertain the original wording of a text.

ascertain
Find (something) out for certain; make sure of.

Here is what I find so amusing.

When the statement in question is studied under the microscope of common sense science.

We might deduct that the example below is much the same for accuracy.

When pinocchio lied his nose would grow longer proving beyond a doubt that he was in FACT telling lies.

I would bet that some of those scholars had growing noses now and then.

People can be very moody from day to day.

One day they they invite you to dinner and another day you are the dinner....

nothing new under the sun when the popular masses try and have their FUN

Biblical scholars and biblical historians who have dedicated their lives to authenticating the bible scriptures developed a method where some unanimity can be found in their conclusions.
For example the prostitute story in the bible is unanimously agreed was not part of the original manuscripts.. Also unanimously agreed the last 12 verses in Mark 16 were not in the original manuscripts.
It is very amusing the inerrant bible actually contains 1000's of errors, addition and subtractions not found in the original manuscripts that the majority of biblical,scholars unanimously agree exists and have been identified.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 5:00:12 PM
"Biblical scholars and biblical historians who have dedicated their lives to authenticating the bible scriptures developed a method where some unanimity can be found in their conclusions.
For example the prostitute story in the bible is unanimously agreed was not part of the original manuscripts.. Also unanimously agreed the last 12 verses in Mark 16 were not in the original manuscripts.
It is very amusing the inerrant bible actually contains 1000's of errors, addition and subtractions not found in the original manuscripts that the majority of biblical,scholars unanimously agree exists and have been identified."

EE:
That's all fine and dandy, but answer me this.

What is your personal opinion of the bible/scriptures OVERALL.

Is it a collection of history or
is it a bunch of stories with fictional characters that are much like the books of today where there are plots, story lines and such all in a attempt to entertain and make a little pocket change or at least get a warm meal and a dry place to sleep the night?

Maybe you could put it into everyday words that even a small child might understand?
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 6:55:16 PM

What is in a word depends on what the author meant when he wrote it.
gingerbread-man
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 7:22:48 PM

It's only words.... (1)(2)

(1) The Bee Gees
(2) Boyzone
Not my gumdrop buttons!

Debates currently in voting period:

http://www.debate.org...
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 8:41:11 PM
"What is in a word depends on what the author meant when he wrote it."

EE:
Tell me if you can.
What is in the words that I wrote at the bottom in the signature area?
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 8:47:24 PM
"It's only words.... (1)(2)

(1) The Bee Gees
(2) Boyzone"

EE:
Sounds like a bootleg vinyl 45 on a wurlitzer
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 3:27:08 AM
At 1/15/2015 3:36:18 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 1/15/2015 3:16:53 PM, Skyangel wrote:

There is a science called textual criticism that biblical,scholars used to test the authenticity and accuracy of biblical scriptures. It is the equivalent of a lie detector.

Were they able to decide if a talking snake was a fiction or not?
Did they determine if the fiction was accurate?
Hahahahahaha.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 3:43:14 AM

Incorrect! The "LOGOS" which is translated as "WORD" in John 1: is in fact all the information that has been gathered from all the generations of the universes, which information expresses itself in the creation of another universe which is in the image and likeness of the universal body that preceded it.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 8:13:00 AM
At 1/16/2015 3:43:14 AM, Gentorev wrote:

Incorrect! The "LOGOS" which is translated as "WORD" in John 1: is in fact all the information that has been gathered from all the generations of the universes, which information expresses itself in the creation of another universe which is in the image and likeness of the universal body that preceded it.

Also oincorrect.

God's son was called the Logos because he was God's spokesman and passed the word of God down to men.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 9:31:06 AM
At 1/15/2015 5:00:12 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
"Biblical scholars and biblical historians who have dedicated their lives to authenticating the bible scriptures developed a method where some unanimity can be found in their conclusions.
It is very amusing the inerrant bible actually contains 1000's of errors, addition and subtractions not found in the original manuscripts that the majority of biblical,scholars unanimously agree exists and have been identified."

EE:
That's all fine and dandy, but answer me this.

What is your personal opinion of the bible/scriptures OVERALL.

Is it a collection of history or
is it a bunch of stories with fictional characters that are much like the books of today where there are plots, story lines and such all in a attempt to entertain and make a little pocket change or at least get a warm meal and a dry place to sleep the night?

Maybe you could put it into everyday words that even a small child might understand?
If you look at ancient civilization timelines you will find the Jews were late in comparison to Mesopotamia, the Egyptians, India and China . They were also surrounded by enemies. To unite the people against their enemies the Jews created a God that would liberate them if they were obedient to his commandments. They manufactured the God of the bible. The bible is full of fictitious characters and borrowed myths. And as expected the Jews are central stage, they are his chosen people.
Nowhere in history does the Jews ever appear to be favoured by God. They were subdued by foreign forces throughout their ancient history. The Romans destroyed their temple and slaughtered the Jews who tried to rebel. In modern history the Jews in Europe were also subjected to genocide. Hitler alone killed 6 million Jews.
The God of the bible never worked for the Jews who created him.
The western world starting with the Vikings , Romans Europe were basically barbarians and looted and plundered each other till the Romans came out victorious. They conquered their neighbours and expanded their territories to include Israel/Judah. They eventually replaced their barbaric religion with one more suited for governing . In 325AD the Roman Emperor Constantine made Christianity the state religion of Rome.
Christianity with its emphasis on sin,evil and ultimate forgiveness plays well with the deep rooted guilt the western world suffers from because of their barbaric past.
Even then Christianity could not change the western ways. Two world wars were fought in Europe. The blood letting continues.
The bible is a book of fictitious characters. It did not work for the Jews nor is it working for the Christians.
Two studies have discovered.
1. Kathleen Taylor, Neuroscientist, Says Religious Fundamentalism Could Be Treated As A Mental Illness

Quote:
An Oxford University researcher and author specializing in neuroscience has suggested that one day religious fundamentalism may be treated as a curable mental illness.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

2. Christians make up 75% of the convicts in prison when the prison population is ranked by religious affiliations.
http://www.holysmoke.org...

To the question. "what is in a WORD?"
It is the gathering of the worst in human kind to promote a deception. A deception that is perpetrated by people who are certifiably mentally ill as one study shows and criminally inclined as another study shows.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 2:41:21 PM

What is incorrect about it?
Any information gathered by humans is still communicated via physical senses.
It still means God is not some invisible supernatural entity in the sky but is rather all the knowledge in existence which is discovered by people and communicated to people.
People learn and discover by observing the actions of the universe and nature which are also called "acts of God."

To see God ( the word, information ) in action all you need to do is observe nature. It all interacts and communicates with itself.
That PROCESS is God. It is eternal. It is cyclic. It was and is and always is to come.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 2:46:15 PM
At 1/16/2015 8:13:00 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Also oincorrect.

God's son was called the Logos because he was God's spokesman and passed the word of God down to men.

And how was the word passed down to men before Jesus was born?
How do you think Adam, Noah, Moses, etc received and understood it without Jesus?

Information has always existed. It is communicated through natures cycles. Watch those in action and you see God in action.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 3:57:02 PM
At 1/16/2015 2:46:15 PM, Skyangel wrote:

Also oincorrect.

How do you think Adam, Noah, Moses, etc. received and understood it without Jesus?

Information has always existed. It is communicated through natures cycles. Watch those in action and you see God in action.

God"s son passed the words down to God"s servants via holy spirit. That always was, and still is, the major, possibly the only, communication medium between the spirit world and the physical world. He still uses it now to teach the followers of his son, though not quite as directly as he did with the prophets of old who were, at times, given his messages verbatim and had to repeat them exactly the same way.

It is as Paul said, God"s spirit bears witness with (interacts with) our spirit.

I don't doubt that a lot of it was misunderstood, or not understood at all before he explained it.

It is also true that holy spirit inspired the disciples to recognise some things as prophecies which they had not before,.

Evidently Job knew about the resurrection, because he asks God to hide him in the grave until his anger has passed, apparently believing that God was angry with him for some reason..

Also Abraham was prepared to go through with sacrificing his son because he knew he had to get his son back somehow for God's promises to come true. He certainly understood more towards the end than he did at the beginning

Adam should have had no difficulty understanding anything because he was taught by God himself.

Moses understood a great deal, partly because he was given the information for the first 5 books of the bible, and he certainly had an idea about the Messiah coming.

I don"t know how much Noah understood, but evidently enough to know that when God said he was going to flood the whole earth he wasn"t joking.

Exactly how much they understood however we cannot at this time know.

There were even some things that Jesus did not understand until after his ascension, but it is safe to say he knows most of them now.

Even well after Jesus death there were still some things not understood, but those were mostly things to do with our time.

There are thing in scripture which have only become clear in recent times, and probably one or two more to be revealed yet. (Proverbs 4:18)

The point is that God works on a need to know basis. If you don"t need to know it, you probably won"t be told it. He doesn"t burden us with unnecessary knowledge, not at this time anyway.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 3:59:49 PM
At 1/16/2015 2:41:21 PM, Skyangel wrote:

What is incorrect about it?
Any information gathered by humans is still communicated via physical senses.
It still means God is not some invisible supernatural entity in the sky but is rather all the knowledge in existence which is discovered by people and communicated to people.
People learn and discover by observing the actions of the universe and nature which are also called "acts of God."

To see God ( the word, information ) in action all you need to do is observe nature. It all interacts and communicates with itself.
That PROCESS is God. It is eternal. It is cyclic. It was and is and always is to come.

Not entirely true either. some information is passed from God to his servants through holy spirit. As Paul said "God's spirit vears witness with (interacts with) our spiri"

That can be anything from putting God's words in the ehads of his servants, as happened with the prophets of old, to making us see visions, or even just waking our understanding to what we are reading, the latter being the help I get as a servant of God and Christ.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 4:08:24 PM
At 1/16/2015 3:57:02 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Also oincorrect.

How do you think Adam, Noah, Moses, etc. received and understood it without Jesus?

God"s son passed the words down to God"s servants via holy spirit. That always was, and still is, the major, possibly the only, communication medium between the spirit world and the physical world. He still uses it now to teach the followers of his son, though not quite as directly as he did with the prophets of old who were, at times, given his messages verbatim and had to repeat them exactly the same way.

It is as Paul said, God"s spirit bears witness with (interacts with) our spirit.

I don't doubt that a lot of it was misunderstood, or not understood at all before he explained it.

It is also true that holy spirit inspired the disciples to recognise some things as prophecies which they had not before,.

Evidently Job knew about the resurrection, because he asks God to hide him in the grave until his anger has passed, apparently believing that God was angry with him for some reason..

Also Abraham was prepared to go through with sacrificing his son because he knew he had to get his son back somehow for God's promises to come true. He certainly understood more towards the end than he did at the beginning

Adam should have had no difficulty understanding anything because he was taught by God himself.

Moses understood a great deal, partly because he was given the information for the first 5 books of the bible, and he certainly had an idea about the Messiah coming.

I don"t know how much Noah understood, but evidently enough to know that when God said he was going to flood the whole earth he wasn"t joking.

There were even some things that Jesus did not understand until after his ascension, but it is safe to say he knows most of them now.

Even well after Jesus death there were still some things not understood, but those were mostly things to do with our time.

There are thing in scripture which have only become clear in recent times, and probably one or two more to be revealed yet. (Proverbs 4:18)

The point is that God works on a need to know basis. If you don"t need to know it, you probably won"t be told it. He doesn"t burden us with unnecessary knowledge, not at this time anyway.
Why was Jesus sent by God? Here is the reason in Jesus's own words.

Matthew 10:35 For I have come to turn " 'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law--
36 a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.'
37 "Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me;

Jesus was sent as a test to sow hatred in man. The test worked. They beat the crap out of Jesus and then crucified him.
Just like Job was tested by God so was this another test that went horribly wrong.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 4:51:36 PM
At 1/16/2015 4:08:24 PM, Harikrish wrote:

Also oincorrect.

Matthew 10:35 For I have come to turn " 'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law--
37 "Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me;

Jesus was sent as a test to sow hatred in man. The test worked. They beat the crap out of Jesus and then crucified him.
Just like Job was tested by God so was this another test that went horribly wrong.

Again, you have a twisted understanding of that.

He didn;t deliberately set out to do that but he knew that it would be the inevitable result, and if you stand up for truth, as I do, you are going to come up against ones, such as you, who do all they can to undermine it.

Yes he came to put a sword on the earth - the saword of teh spirit, his father's word, the bible.

Ephesians 6:12-18
ASV(i) 12 For our wrestling is not against flesh and blood, but against the principalities, against the powers, against the world-rulers of this darkness, against the spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Wherefore take up the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and, having done all, to stand. 14 Stand therefore, having girded your loins with truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 withal taking up the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the evil one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: 18 with all prayer and supplication praying at all seasons in the Spirit, and watching thereunto in all perseverance and supplication for all the saints,

Christ knew that all who followed him would come up against a very powerful enemy, who influences most of this world and turns them, ordinary people like you, away from or agaisnt the truth.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 8:00:32 PM
At 1/16/2015 4:51:36 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/16/2015 4:08:24 PM, Harikrish wrote:

Also oincorrect.

Again, you have a twisted understanding of that.

He didn;t deliberately set out to do that but he knew that it would be the inevitable result, and if you stand up for truth, as I do, you are going to come up against ones, such as you, who do all they can to undermine it.

Yes he came to put a sword on the earth - the saword of teh spirit, his father's word, the bible.

Ephesians 6:12-18
ASV(i) 12 For our wrestling is not against flesh and blood, but against the principalities, against the powers, against the world-rulers of this darkness, against the spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Wherefore take up the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and, having done all, to stand. 14 Stand therefore, having girded your loins with truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 withal taking up the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the evil one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: 18 with all prayer and supplication praying at all seasons in the Spirit, and watching thereunto in all perseverance and supplication for all the saints,

Christ knew that all who followed him would come up against a very powerful enemy, who influences most of this world and turns them, ordinary people like you, away from or agaisnt the truth.

Read the verses again. It says nothing about establishing God's word. Jesus wants to break up families, cause hatred and division between parents and their children, between husbands and wives and threatens them if they do not love him they are doomed.