Jump to topic:

Religion in the Charlie Hebdo Shooting

Harper
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 11:46:48 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I just finished reading this fantastic blog post on the Charlie Hebdo shooting-- it's got it right on the money:

http://forbiddentruthblog.com...

Death to Religion! Long Live Humanity!
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 2:19:34 PM
At 1/13/2015 11:46:48 AM, Harper wrote:
I just finished reading this fantastic blog post on the Charlie Hebdo shooting-- it's got it right on the money:

Great link. Religion has always been a political tool. France has been targeting the Muslim community with legislation banning the hijab and ignoring the incendiary and racist nature of ridicule targeted at the prophet. Europe has gone from anti-semitism to anti-Islam.
Freedom of speech with total disregard for content is the new bar set . What an abuse of language.
Harper
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2015 11:42:22 AM
At 1/13/2015 2:19:34 PM, Harikrish wrote:

Great link. Religion has always been a political tool. France has been targeting the Muslim community with legislation banning the hijab and ignoring the incendiary and racist nature of ridicule targeted at the prophet. Europe has gone from anti-semitism to anti-Islam.
Freedom of speech with total disregard for content is the new bar set . What an abuse of language.

Agreed, a government will always go for an "us against them" tactic, because people will be blind to government oppression if there is an easy group to bully. It used to be the Jews, now it's the Muslims. Religion is a weapon used by governments to blind and enslave and to keep the populace fighting with each other, completely blind to the fact that it is your government structure that deserves your hate, not some group of religiously indoctrinated people.
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2015 12:47:55 PM
At 1/13/2015 2:19:34 PM, Harikrish wrote:

You do realize what the link is actually saying? It's condemning religion and insinuating that the latest issue of Charlie Hebdo is going against free speech. I suggest you take another look.

Moreover, France has not targeted any Muslims. The made a ban of *face* veils in public places due to the fact you cannot properly identify the individual underneath them and potential for security issues. In no way is Europe anti-Islam.

And again, Charlie Hebdo also satirized Judaism and Christianity. Do you see followers of these religions entering a building and killing 12 people? NO.

Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2015 5:06:58 PM
You do realize what the link is actually saying? It's condemning religion and insinuating that the latest issue of Charlie Hebdo is going against free speech. I suggest you take another look.

Moreover, France has not targeted any Muslims. The made a ban of *face* veils in public places due to the fact you cannot properly identify the individual underneath them and potential for security issues. In no way is Europe anti-Islam.

And again, Charlie Hebdo also satirized Judaism and Christianity. Do you see followers of these religions entering a building and killing 12 people? NO.

we muslims love our beloved prophet, that's why we defend him from mocking.
French ban veil not because of security, rather it is because they dont like muslims. Since they dont ban nuns wearing so.
Harper
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 12:05:06 PM

I don't know about they way they're spinning the situation in France (I've heard of a couple "peace" rallies and what not, but not how the French media is treating the situation), but in the U.S., Islam is the now primary target of any and all religious hatred. I'm not trying to defend Islam or the Muslims, but all religions deserve our contempt, and only focusing on one religion distracts from the truth of the situation.

The reason why Muslims are the only ones killing people for their religion as of late is because Islam pays the most attention to thoroughly indoctrinating their followers. In fact they're really the only religion that actually still keeps with the original traditions. A "moderate" Muslim is essentially the moral equivalent to a "evangelist" Christian or an "Ultra-Orthodox" Jew. Religion is a mind-virus, and the more thoroughly implanted, the more violence, barbarism, and insanity you'll see.
Harper
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 12:09:10 PM
we muslims love our beloved prophet, that's why we defend him from mocking.
French ban veil not because of security, rather it is because they dont like muslims. Since they dont ban nuns wearing so.

1. Nuns don't wear veils over their faces (or at least I've never seen one covering her face)
2. You are correct in stating that Islam is the target of the majority of religious hatred today.
3. You defend and love a dead man who brought another scourge upon the world? This is why we can't have nice things.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 7:14:03 PM

1. Nuns don't wear veils over their faces (or at least I've never seen one covering her face)
2. You are correct in stating that Islam is the target of the majority of religious hatred today.
3. You defend and love a dead man who brought another scourge upon the world? This is why we can't have nice things.

wrong, muslim veil is very similar to nun's one. You do mean Burkah the type of extrim hijab. Veil and burkah are different. French bans veil and so burkah.
it is our business in defending our beloved prophet. If you think are free in mocking our beloved prophet then why dont we are free as well in defending him?
Harper
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 8:03:59 PM
At 1/15/2015 7:14:03 PM, uncung wrote:

wrong, muslim veil is very similar to nun's one. You do mean Burkah the type of extrim hijab. Veil and burkah are different. French bans veil and so burkah.
it is our business in defending our beloved prophet. If you think are free in mocking our beloved prophet then why dont we are free as well in defending him?

I concede on your first point-- it seems that they have instituted a ban on the wearing of the hijab in schools, excluding universities.
Your second point: the freedom to mock all religions and religious symbols supersedes the freedom to defend it. That is because there can be no freedom of speech without freedom of thought, and religion is a direct attack on freedom of thought, brainwashing people into irrational beliefs. You cannot have freedom of thought if some external ideology/person has a stranglehold on your morals, values, and lifestyle.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 9:19:03 PM
I concede on your first point-- it seems that they have instituted a ban on the wearing of the hijab in schools, excluding universities.
Your second point: the freedom to mock all religions and religious symbols supersedes the freedom to defend it. That is because there can be no freedom of speech without freedom of thought, and religion is a direct attack on freedom of thought, brainwashing people into irrational beliefs. You cannot have freedom of thought if some external ideology/person has a stranglehold on your morals, values, and lifestyle.

in this case French have a limited freedom in public in expressing one's private beliefs. It is the authority of french government, just like their authority in welcoming the insulting of islamic figures.
However one cannot simply skip the consequence of freedom of insulting. In many countries insulting is regulated. And it successful diminish the radical actions such shooting to 12 journalists.
I cannot force french to regulate their freedom of insulting, and french cannot either estimate when the shooting will happen again.