Total Posts:28|Showing Posts:1-28
Jump to topic:

Irresponsible Atheists

Human_Joke65
Posts: 127
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 2:18:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Not believing in an afterlife is rather convenient for evildoers. Malice without consequences must be appealing to those who prefer malevolence over benevolence towards other humans. No justice for victims either. Moral crime and punishment? Nah. The atheists have it all together. They'll save the world without anything useful or relevant to the cause...

Hellooo?! Logic Nazis.
God's a comedian and atheism is a punch line waiting to happen.
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 2:56:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/13/2015 2:18:17 PM, Human_Joke65 wrote:
Not believing in an afterlife is rather convenient for evildoers.

Malice without consequences must be appealing to those who prefer malevolence over benevolence towards other humans.

No justice for victims either. Moral crime and punishment? Nah. The atheists have it all together. They'll save the world without anything useful or relevant to the cause...

Hellooo?! Logic Nazis.

Show objective evidence of an afterlife, and then we can talk about your other assertions.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 2:58:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/13/2015 2:56:57 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 1/13/2015 2:18:17 PM, Human_Joke65 wrote:
Not believing in an afterlife is rather convenient for evildoers.

Malice without consequences must be appealing to those who prefer malevolence over benevolence towards other humans.

No justice for victims either. Moral crime and punishment? Nah. The atheists have it all together. They'll save the world without anything useful or relevant to the cause...

Hellooo?! Logic Nazis.

Show objective evidence of an afterlife, and then we can talk about your other assertions.

HIs name fits. A joke, and a bad one.
Human_Joke65
Posts: 127
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 3:00:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Only ad hominem attacks from the superior atheist? Logic Nazi indeed. Original insults only please and thank you.
God's a comedian and atheism is a punch line waiting to happen.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 3:02:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/13/2015 3:00:55 PM, Human_Joke65 wrote:
Only ad hominem attacks from the superior atheist? Logic Nazi indeed. Original insults only please and thank you.

Why would I resort to original insults when all you have are worn out, baseless assertions to spout? You get what you pay for.
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 3:04:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/13/2015 3:02:34 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 1/13/2015 3:00:55 PM, Human_Joke65 wrote:
Only ad hominem attacks from the superior atheist? Logic Nazi indeed. Original insults only please and thank you.

Why would I resort to original insults when all you have are worn out, baseless assertions to spout? You get what you pay for.

After checking out other posts and debates by this person, I may have just fed the troll. Sorry guys.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Human_Joke65
Posts: 127
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 3:05:27 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/13/2015 3:02:34 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 1/13/2015 3:00:55 PM, Human_Joke65 wrote:
Only ad hominem attacks from the superior atheist? Logic Nazi indeed. Original insults only please and thank you.

Why would I resort to original insults when all you have are worn out, baseless assertions to spout? You get what you pay for.

----------------------------------------------
Who's swindling whom? You can't attack my ideas on their own merits so you hide behind shallow excuses like a disreputable screen name.
God's a comedian and atheism is a punch line waiting to happen.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 3:07:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/13/2015 3:05:27 PM, Human_Joke65 wrote:
At 1/13/2015 3:02:34 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 1/13/2015 3:00:55 PM, Human_Joke65 wrote:
Only ad hominem attacks from the superior atheist? Logic Nazi indeed. Original insults only please and thank you.

Why would I resort to original insults when all you have are worn out, baseless assertions to spout? You get what you pay for.

----------------------------------------------
Who's swindling whom? You can't attack my ideas on their own merits so you hide behind shallow excuses like a disreputable screen name.

Your ideas have no merit to attack so why bother?
Human_Joke65
Posts: 127
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 3:13:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Too afraid? I win then. If we're gonna play like that, don't expect me to pull punchlines. Settle it once and for all, and disprove that the afterlife provides more justice than a shallow existence only a shallow human could enjoy. If you can't, then quit being so arrogant about a topic you can't even touch. I mean, really, humiliate me. I dare ya. Show me the error of my ways.
God's a comedian and atheism is a punch line waiting to happen.
Bennett91
Posts: 4,205
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 3:17:12 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/13/2015 2:18:17 PM, Human_Joke65 wrote:
Not believing in an afterlife is rather convenient for evildoers. Malice without consequences must be appealing to those who prefer malevolence over benevolence towards other humans. No justice for victims either. Moral crime and punishment? Nah. The atheists have it all together. They'll save the world without anything useful or relevant to the cause...

Hellooo?! Logic Nazis.

If believing in an after life is a deterrence for massacres then explain the Crusades, Inquisitions, and ISIS.
Human_Joke65
Posts: 127
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 3:20:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
You would have to have a live broadcast into hell to make that claim work. Nice try.
God's a comedian and atheism is a punch line waiting to happen.
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,205
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 3:23:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/13/2015 3:13:00 PM, Human_Joke65 wrote:
Too afraid? I win then. If we're gonna play like that, don't expect me to pull punchlines. Settle it once and for all, and disprove that the afterlife provides more justice than a shallow existence only a shallow human could enjoy. If you can't, then quit being so arrogant about a topic you can't even touch. I mean, really, humiliate me. I dare ya. Show me the error of my ways.

Because an infinite torture for a finite crime is by its nature unjust.
Second, depending on your version of the afterlife, the victim might not receive justice anyway, I know the God of the Christian Bible advocates for that.

You keep thinking the afterlife is about a punishment or reward. In most religions, its not. Its about fealty to the deity whose infinite grounds you will be residing in. That makes your claims about justice and punishment without merit.

Have a nice day.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 3:26:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/13/2015 3:13:00 PM, Human_Joke65 wrote:
Too afraid? I win then. If we're gonna play like that, don't expect me to pull punchlines. Settle it once and for all, and disprove that the afterlife provides more justice than a shallow existence only a shallow human could enjoy. If you can't, then quit being so arrogant about a topic you can't even touch. I mean, really, humiliate me. I dare ya. Show me the error of my ways.

Prove there is an afterlife and we can have a discussion. Until then all of your assertions have no basis so can be dismissed without comment.
Human_Joke65
Posts: 127
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 3:30:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/13/2015 3:23:15 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 1/13/2015 3:13:00 PM, Human_Joke65 wrote:
Too afraid? I win then. If we're gonna play like that, don't expect me to pull punchlines. Settle it once and for all, and disprove that the afterlife provides more justice than a shallow existence only a shallow human could enjoy. If you can't, then quit being so arrogant about a topic you can't even touch. I mean, really, humiliate me. I dare ya. Show me the error of my ways.

Because an infinite torture for a finite crime is by its nature unjust.
Second, depending on your version of the afterlife, the victim might not receive justice anyway, I know the God of the Christian Bible advocates for that.

You keep thinking the afterlife is about a punishment or reward. In most religions, its not. Its about fealty to the deity whose infinite grounds you will be residing in. That makes your claims about justice and punishment without merit.

Have a nice day.
----------------------------------
"I know the God of the Christian Bible advocates for that."

Oh, really? Chapter and verse....

Moral crimes are connected to eternity, so they may be committed in a finite realm, but they have superfinite consequences, chaotically.
God's a comedian and atheism is a punch line waiting to happen.
FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,205
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 3:32:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/13/2015 3:30:40 PM, Human_Joke65 wrote:
At 1/13/2015 3:23:15 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 1/13/2015 3:13:00 PM, Human_Joke65 wrote:
Too afraid? I win then. If we're gonna play like that, don't expect me to pull punchlines. Settle it once and for all, and disprove that the afterlife provides more justice than a shallow existence only a shallow human could enjoy. If you can't, then quit being so arrogant about a topic you can't even touch. I mean, really, humiliate me. I dare ya. Show me the error of my ways.

Because an infinite torture for a finite crime is by its nature unjust.
Second, depending on your version of the afterlife, the victim might not receive justice anyway, I know the God of the Christian Bible advocates for that.

You keep thinking the afterlife is about a punishment or reward. In most religions, its not. Its about fealty to the deity whose infinite grounds you will be residing in. That makes your claims about justice and punishment without merit.

Have a nice day.
----------------------------------
"I know the God of the Christian Bible advocates for that."

Oh, really? Chapter and verse....

Goal post move, but lets start with John 3:16.

Moral crimes are connected to eternity, so they may be committed in a finite realm, but they have superfinite consequences, chaotically.

Which is NOT justice, as your premise was searching for.

Again, have a nice day.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 6:15:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/13/2015 2:18:17 PM, Human_Joke65 wrote:
Not believing in an afterlife is rather convenient for evildoers. Malice without consequences must be appealing to those who prefer malevolence over benevolence towards other humans. No justice for victims either. Moral crime and punishment? Nah. The atheists have it all together. They'll save the world without anything useful or relevant to the cause...

Hellooo?! Logic Nazis.

Irony, sweet are you f*cking kidding me irony.

In summary

Athiesm - Oh how awful it is that people don't get punished.

(some) Christians - Jesus died for my sins and thus I don't have to get punished for them cause you know he got punished in my place......YAY JESUS !!!
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 6:46:16 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/13/2015 2:18:17 PM, Human_Joke65 wrote:
Not believing in an afterlife is rather convenient for evildoers. Malice without consequences must be appealing to those who prefer malevolence over benevolence towards other humans. No justice for victims either. Moral crime and punishment? Nah. The atheists have it all together. They'll save the world without anything useful or relevant to the cause...

Hellooo?! Logic Nazis.

Well, you are right that atheists don't believe in an afterlife, but you are wrong about the motivation for that belief. The same could be said for Christians who believe that Jesus was sacrificed so that they are forgiven for their sins. How convenient.

I'll cut to the chase. If you would like to assume that an atheist is believes that way so they can sin then it's only reasonable that someone would believe in Christ hanging on the cross for the very same reasons. I haven't met anyone personally who doesn't "sin" (moral wrongs being what they are) on occasion. It's rather annoying to read hypocritical tripe on here everyday, but that's just my feelings.

So, what variety of theism do you subscribe to?
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
Human_Joke65
Posts: 127
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 6:51:48 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Half-deism. It's the only angle I can see being unused.

God waits for reasons for publicity. Chaos Theory arbitrates those reasons. Jesus invoked 2000 years of non-smiting. Who knows what can change that?
God's a comedian and atheism is a punch line waiting to happen.
Otokage
Posts: 2,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 7:42:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/13/2015 2:18:17 PM, Human_Joke65 wrote:
Not believing in an afterlife is rather convenient for evildoers.

Not believing in an afterlife is never convenient. Everyone wants to live forever, even evildoers. No, especially evildoers!

Malice without consequences must be appealing to those who prefer malevolence over benevolence towards other humans.
No justice for victims either.
Moral crime and punishment? Nah. The atheists have it all together. They'll save the world without anything useful or relevant to the cause...

Hellooo?! Logic Nazis.

Malice always has consequences. We atheists fight so those consequences are applied on this life. But you real evildoers try to divert attention by telling us consequences already exist on a supposed afterlife.
SNP1
Posts: 2,403
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 9:07:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/13/2015 2:18:17 PM, Human_Joke65 wrote:
Not believing in an afterlife is rather convenient for evildoers.

1) Show evidence that there is an afterlife.
2) You presuppose objective morality, please provide evidence for it.

Malice without consequences must be appealing to those who prefer malevolence over benevolence towards other humans.

1) Malevolence and benevolence are just words. One is not objectively better than the other.
2) There are consequences for breaking the law or acting in a way that a society finds unethical, just not any afterlife.

No justice for victims either.

1) If someone goes to jail, then there is justice.
2) Appeal to emotion (if you are using this to try and show that there is an afterlife).

Moral crime and punishment? Nah. The atheists have it all together. They'll save the world without anything useful or relevant to the cause...

Hellooo?! Logic Nazis.

Ya, I think you are a troll.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2015 7:53:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/13/2015 3:00:55 PM, Human_Joke65 wrote:
Only ad hominem attacks from the superior atheist? Logic Nazi indeed. Original insults only please and thank you.

Hitler was a devout catholic. Germany and AUSTRIA were majority Christians. Now you have the type of environment that produced your afterlife believers..
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2015 7:56:58 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/13/2015 2:18:17 PM, Human_Joke65 wrote:
Not believing in an afterlife is rather convenient for evildoers. Malice without consequences must be appealing to those who prefer malevolence over benevolence towards other humans. No justice for victims either. Moral crime and punishment? Nah. The atheists have it all together. They'll save the world without anything useful or relevant to the cause...

Hellooo?! Logic Nazis.

What a load of nonsense! There are a lot of very evil religious people in this world!
Impartial
Posts: 375
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2015 8:23:09 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/13/2015 3:13:00 PM, Human_Joke65 wrote:
Too afraid? I win then. If we're gonna play like that, don't expect me to pull punchlines. Settle it once and for all, and disprove that the afterlife provides more justice than a shallow existence only a shallow human could enjoy.

It isn't just the afterlife to you though is it? It's Heaven and Hell - a disgraceful conecpt designed to perpetuate the manipulation of people into believing and donating money.

If you can't, then quit being so arrogant about a topic you can't even touch. I mean, really, humiliate me. I dare ya. Show me the error of my ways.

I bet your parents are guilty of indocrtinating you into regurgitating this nonsense. It isn't your fault so I don't hold it against you.
To believe is to know nothing.
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2015 9:00:57 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I think one has to feel extremely sorry for people who enjoy threatening others with mythical nonsense.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,588
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2015 10:06:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/13/2015 2:18:17 PM, Human_Joke65 wrote:
Not believing in an afterlife is rather convenient for evildoers.

Considering the prisons are full of Christians, believing in an afterlife makes no difference to them, either. It would appear you are starting your argument under a false premise.

Malice without consequences must be appealing to those who prefer malevolence over benevolence towards other humans.

Is that the reason you started this thread, your malice towards others who don't share your beliefs?

No justice for victims either. Moral crime and punishment? Nah. The atheists have it all together. They'll save the world without anything useful or relevant to the cause...

Hellooo?! Logic Nazis.

Hellooo?! Hypocrite.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Sterling.Dragon
Posts: 115
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2015 10:50:42 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/13/2015 2:18:17 PM, Human_Joke65 wrote:
Not believing in an afterlife is rather convenient for evildoers. Malice without consequences must be appealing to those who prefer malevolence over benevolence towards other humans. No justice for victims either. Moral crime and punishment? Nah. The atheists have it all together. They'll save the world without anything useful or relevant to the cause...

Hellooo?! Logic Nazis.

While I'm brand new to the forum, and I may not get this right, for a while, I feel compelled to reply, here (my first post)...

Why do you assume that a lack of belief in your god automatically makes one an "evildoer?" Why do you jump to the conclusion that there are victims? Why do you presuppose crimes? Are you even remotely aware of the fact that prisons (the place where we send our "evildoers" and "punish" immorality) contain less than a fraction of a percent population of atheists and agnostics? You presume too much, and you have provided absolutely no support for your assertions, here. This, to me, is simply an emotional rant.
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2015 10:58:09 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/14/2015 10:50:42 AM, Sterling.Dragon wrote:
At 1/13/2015 2:18:17 PM, Human_Joke65 wrote:
Not believing in an afterlife is rather convenient for evildoers. Malice without consequences must be appealing to those who prefer malevolence over benevolence towards other humans. No justice for victims either. Moral crime and punishment? Nah. The atheists have it all together. They'll save the world without anything useful or relevant to the cause...

Hellooo?! Logic Nazis.

While I'm brand new to the forum, and I may not get this right, for a while, I feel compelled to reply, here (my first post)...

Why do you assume that a lack of belief in your god automatically makes one an "evildoer?" Why do you jump to the conclusion that there are victims? Why do you presuppose crimes? Are you even remotely aware of the fact that prisons (the place where we send our "evildoers" and "punish" immorality) contain less than a fraction of a percent population of atheists and agnostics? You presume too much, and you have provided absolutely no support for your assertions, here. This, to me, is simply an emotional rant.

Welcome to the forum, I only joined last week. I have been gobsmacked by the comments of many of the theists on here they are something else, they really are, lol!
Sterling.Dragon
Posts: 115
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2015 11:05:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/14/2015 10:58:09 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 1/14/2015 10:50:42 AM, Sterling.Dragon wrote:
At 1/13/2015 2:18:17 PM, Human_Joke65 wrote:
Not believing in an afterlife is rather convenient for evildoers. Malice without consequences must be appealing to those who prefer malevolence over benevolence towards other humans. No justice for victims either. Moral crime and punishment? Nah. The atheists have it all together. They'll save the world without anything useful or relevant to the cause...

Hellooo?! Logic Nazis.

While I'm brand new to the forum, and I may not get this right, for a while, I feel compelled to reply, here (my first post)...

Why do you assume that a lack of belief in your god automatically makes one an "evildoer?" Why do you jump to the conclusion that there are victims? Why do you presuppose crimes? Are you even remotely aware of the fact that prisons (the place where we send our "evildoers" and "punish" immorality) contain less than a fraction of a percent population of atheists and agnostics? You presume too much, and you have provided absolutely no support for your assertions, here. This, to me, is simply an emotional rant.

Welcome to the forum, I only joined last week. I have been gobsmacked by the comments of many of the theists on here they are something else, they really are, lol!

Thanks for the welcome. I've poked around a few sites, and decided on this one, because I liked the format of the site. Getting "gobsmacked" is simply part of the territory, when "debating" highly charged, and emotional issues, like theism. It's unfortunate, but true. The one steadfast rule I have found to be true is that any sort of vile behavior is easily justified by the application of "divine right." Any that believe that they are acting/speaking on behalf of some almighty deity (who owns/rules the universe) receives the authority to say/do as they wish, because their interpretation of their god and his will justifies whatever behavior they deem appropriate.

It's simply the fact that they believe their assertion(s) regarding their beliefs automatically proves their beliefs and, therefore, is self-sustaining. The one thing they will not permit, is the questioning of the substance and foundation of said beliefs. It is the faith, in and of itself, that must be accepted (in their view), without question.