Jump to topic:

I can't justify my life

LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 5:46:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I can't justify my life, and you cannot justify your life. That is why we cannot live forever, we are unjustified. God loves us still, that is why He does not execute justice against us now, He gives us time. As long as we are not burning in Hell, we are doing better than we deserve. No matter that our problems are, no matter how much suffering we have, as long as we are not burning in Hell we are better than we deserve and because of that, we can be thankful to God for everthing we have if it feels good or not. Pains and problems are only tools that will drive us to dependancy on the One who is bigger than our problems and who can bring us through it all, even if it must be through a slow agonizing death.

We can know that we are forgiven and will not get what we deserve if we believe God put all our troubles and misdeeds on Himself and took our punishment as the Son of God, and knowing the power of His resurrection we can know Him personally as the Living God, our Saviour. Since he took our death, He will be our life and give us eternal life if we will only believe on Him and receive Him by faith.

I know Jesus is risen from the dead bodily and He is God my Saviour. I know He lives in me as He has given His Spirit to me by which I cry out to God as my Father and I know I am a joint-heir of heaven, redeemed from death and the penalty of sin which is Hell, pardoned, forgiven, justified by the blood of God Himself who gave Himself to save me.

There are many here who see some or many or maybe even all of the flaws of my personality. Those flaws can be summed up as my sin. God loves me in spite of my sin, he took my sin on Himseld and died for it, payed the price in full so I know I am fully forgiven. I know God's love and I want everybody to know God loves them. What else could He do to prove His love than to take on the body of a man to pay for man's sins with His own body? For God so loved the world, that he gave his only bebotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

I know who fully paid for my sins. Who is paying for yours?
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 6:05:47 PM
At 1/13/2015 5:46:29 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
I can't justify my life, and you cannot justify your life. That is why we cannot live forever, we are unjustified. God loves us still, that is why He does not execute justice against us now, He gives us time. As long as we are not burning in Hell, we are doing better than we deserve. No matter that our problems are, no matter how much suffering we have, as long as we are not burning in Hell we are better than we deserve and because of that, we can be thankful to God for everthing we have if it feels good or not. Pains and problems are only tools that will drive us to dependancy on the One who is bigger than our problems and who can bring us through it all, even if it must be through a slow agonizing death.

We can know that we are forgiven and will not get what we deserve if we believe God put all our troubles and misdeeds on Himself and took our punishment as the Son of God, and knowing the power of His resurrection we can know Him personally as the Living God, our Saviour. Since he took our death, He will be our life and give us eternal life if we will only believe on Him and receive Him by faith.

I know Jesus is risen from the dead bodily and He is God my Saviour. I know He lives in me as He has given His Spirit to me by which I cry out to God as my Father and I know I am a joint-heir of heaven, redeemed from death and the penalty of sin which is Hell, pardoned, forgiven, justified by the blood of God Himself who gave Himself to save me.

There are many here who see some or many or maybe even all of the flaws of my personality. Those flaws can be summed up as my sin. God loves me in spite of my sin, he took my sin on Himseld and died for it, payed the price in full so I know I am fully forgiven. I know God's love and I want everybody to know God loves them. What else could He do to prove His love than to take on the body of a man to pay for man's sins with His own body? For God so loved the world, that he gave his only bebotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

And this one is indeed much better. So, why exactly is your life in need of justification? Wouldn't the actions you do or not do be a better dictate for your existence? I am sure the concept of immorality exists, if you would prefer to call it 'sin', so be it, but surely there are circumstances in which innocence is agreed upon, and as such, that life is not in need of justification. A new born baby that dies of complications, for instance, not related to the health of the mother, like a congenital heart defect, or other serious problem.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 6:06:32 PM
I can't justify my life, and you cannot justify your life.

I cannot justify my life, but why would I need to? I understand where you are coming from, but if your message is directed towards atheists and agnostics, then shouldn't you avoid arguments which assume your audience agrees that there is a god?

That is why we cannot live forever, we are unjustified. God loves us still, that is why He does not execute justice against us now, He gives us time. As long as we are not burning in Hell, we are doing better than we deserve. No matter that our problems are, no matter how much suffering we have, as long as we are not burning in Hell we are better than we deserve and because of that, we can be thankful to God for everthing we have if it feels good or not. Pains and problems are only tools that will drive us to dependancy on the One who is bigger than our problems and who can bring us through it all, even if it must be through a slow agonizing death.

This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 6:09:04 PM
Wow you just repeated christian evangelical narrative.

Here have a cookie.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 6:37:28 PM
At 1/13/2015 6:05:47 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

And this one is indeed much better. So, why exactly is your life in need of justification? Wouldn't the actions you do or not do be a better dictate for your existence? I am sure the concept of immorality exists, if you would prefer to call it 'sin', so be it, but surely there are circumstances in which innocence is agreed upon, and as such, that life is not in need of justification. A new born baby that dies of complications, for instance, not related to the health of the mother, like a congenital heart defect, or other serious problem.

So you think your existence is justifeid. That is not the point. The point is that death proves my life cannot be justified; it proves that there is no way for me to be good enough so that I deserve to live. The only people who can truly be considered innocent are the ones who have not gained enough mental capacity to know they have done wrong, and that leaves you and me out. We don't need to worry about babies who never grow up, After we have done all we can do to help them, they are out of our hands and who is going to say a baby is guilty for having been born? \We are grown, we are not babies, and we know we have done wrong...at least I think it's obvious we have both done wrong. It's our wrong that demands justice, and we get what we deserve in death. The question then is, does death negate my existence and relieve me from getting what I deserve, or is death continual and justice served be being forever separated by God because we have broken His law and deserve His punishement?
IRONHIDE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 6:44:16 PM

Did he "Fully" pay for your sins OR did you help complete the full payment by choosing out of your own sovereign "free will" to choose God ?

I think this is a fair question.

Either God is the ONLY one who is sovereign, or he is not and you have sovereignty, outside of God that you posses and your sovereign power, contributed to make the payment a "full payment" by exercising your sovereign "free will" to choose.

See, no one "chooses" God, not even you. God chooses us and will reconcile all back unto him. Yes, even those who have died a carnal death not knowing him and will one day be reconciled back unto God. BY FIRE they will be reconciled. God is Fire and they will be thrown into the "lake of fire and brimstone" and REFINED, Not burned alive in some torture chamber of physical flames while God shovels heaps of brimstone down their throat to inflict more pain.

See, I am neither JW or Calvinist. I believe Jesus IS the savior Not the potential savior if you choose to let him be savior and God desires ALL to be saved and God says in his word 'ALL MY (GODS) DESIRE I WILL DO."

You Say, "Hogwash Jesus You are NOT the savior. You are only savior if men allow you to be"

You Say, "Hogwash God! I know you desire all men to be saved, but you are unable to achieve your desires"
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 6:47:03 PM
At 1/13/2015 6:06:32 PM, Skepticalone wrote:

I cannot justify my life, but why would I need to? I understand where you are coming from, but if your message is directed towards atheists and agnostics, then shouldn't you avoid arguments which assume your audience agrees that there is a god?

If you think there is nothing here for you, that's ok. This is all I have. I'm sorry if it's not good enough for you.

The message is God's love for mankind which He proves by His mercy toward us. Did you read the full post or did you trip and break your reading glasses when you tried to direct yoursefl toward atheists and agnonstics? You might want to read the full post before you reply. You rudely interrupted by breaking the post in half and sticking in your comments before you listened to what is being said here. I suggest that you ignore your paragraph of interruption and my paragraphs of reply to your interruption and try to read the whole post through before you respond, and maybe you can respond with something a little more thoughtful than "there is no God". If that's all you have to say, you said it loud and clear and you really are not welcome to be posting here. Thank you for your contribution anyways.

That is why we cannot live forever, we are unjustified. God loves us still, that is why He does not execute justice against us now, He gives us time. As long as we are not burning in Hell, we are doing better than we deserve. No matter that our problems are, no matter how much suffering we have, as long as we are not burning in Hell we are better than we deserve and because of that, we can be thankful to God for everthing we have if it feels good or not. Pains and problems are only tools that will drive us to dependancy on the One who is bigger than our problems and who can bring us through it all, even if it must be through a slow agonizing death.

The message is God's love for mankind proven by His mercy toward us.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 6:49:57 PM
At 1/13/2015 6:09:04 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Here have a cookie.

The way you are acting, I would not touch anything you offer me. Thank you for your brilliant observation about the Christian evangelical narrative. It's called "the gospel", and the word "gospel" means "good news". It's God's good news. If it's not good enough for you, I have nothing for you. If all you want to do is mock, I'm sorry I can't help you with anything.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 6:54:24 PM
Well I do declare! I never thought I would see the day when you engaged in civil discourse with me! Miracles never cease, and sometimes they are quite surprising. Your civility here is an encouragement to me, and inspires me to be equally civil in my methods. Thank you.

PS. I left your name off of this post so you won't catch too much heat for acting like you enjoy talking with me.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 6:55:51 PM
At 1/13/2015 6:54:24 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
Well I do declare! I never thought I would see the day when you engaged in civil discourse with me! Miracles never cease, and sometimes they are quite surprising. Your civility here is an encouragement to me, and inspires me to be equally civil in my methods. Thank you.

PS. I left your name off of this post so you won't catch too much heat for acting like you enjoy talking with me.

Anybody who feels like the above post is directed at them is correct. God loves you.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 7:00:56 PM
At 1/13/2015 6:49:57 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
At 1/13/2015 6:09:04 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Here have a cookie.

The way you are acting, I would not touch anything you offer me. Thank you for your brilliant observation about the Christian evangelical narrative. It's called "the gospel", and the word "gospel" means "good news". It's God's good news. If it's not good enough for you, I have nothing for you. If all you want to do is mock, I'm sorry I can't help you with anything.

Since you are quite observant on others behavior turn that same observance unto yourself and see what you find eh?

Thinking for yourself ? or religious brainwashed ?

Seeks to defend their various religious assertions ? or just repeats them at nausem?

Tries to use a fair handed approach when dealing with claims or gives their own religious claims a free pass from the same kind of scrutiny they would apply to others.

Go on I dare you to try some introspection.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 7:08:35 PM
You are asking a rhetorical question and posting a lot of rhetoric. I don't want to debate with you here. Why don't you go start your own forum thread? You are rudely interrupting here.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 7:13:18 PM
At 1/13/2015 7:08:35 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
You are asking a rhetorical question and posting a lot of rhetoric. I don't want to debate with you here. Why don't you go start your own forum thread? You are rudely interrupting here.

Anybody who thinks the above post is directed at them is correct. I'm not going to engage in games of insults here.
IRONHIDE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 7:20:07 PM
1 Peter 3:15 King James Version (KJV)

15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

Not a convenient passage of scripture for you, that you wish to employ ?
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 7:20:10 PM
repeating the opening post for newcomers:

I can't justify my life, and you cannot justify your life. That is why we cannot live forever, we are unjustified. God loves us still, that is why He does not execute justice against us now, He gives us time. As long as we are not burning in Hell, we are doing better than we deserve. No matter what our problems are, no matter how much suffering we have, as long as we are not burning in Hell we are better than we deserve and because of that, we can be thankful to God for everthing we have if it feels good or not. Pains and problems are only tools that will drive us to dependancy on the One who is bigger than our problems and who can bring us through it all, even if it must be through a slow agonizing death.

LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 7:24:39 PM
At 1/13/2015 7:20:07 PM, IRONHIDE wrote:
1 Peter 3:15 King James Version (KJV)

15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

Not a convenient passage of scripture for you, that you wish to employ ?

You are not asking a reason for my hope, or you would see I already explained it in the OP. You are only trying to take over my thread with your personal agenda of rhetoric. You are being rude, you should go start your own thread and try to get people to talk about the stuff you want to talk about. In meekness and fear, I am declining to argue in your rhetoric. You really need to go make your own forum thread. In meekness and fear I'm telling you that you are being rude here.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 7:43:33 PM
At 1/13/2015 6:47:03 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
At 1/13/2015 6:06:32 PM, Skepticalone wrote:

If you think there is nothing here for you, that's ok. This is all I have. I'm sorry if it's not good enough for you.

The message is God's love for mankind which He proves by His mercy toward us. Did you read the full post or did you trip and break your reading glasses when you tried to direct yoursefl toward atheists and agnonstics? You might want to read the full post before you reply. You rudely interrupted by breaking the post in half and sticking in your comments before you listened to what is being said here. I suggest that you ignore your paragraph of interruption and my paragraphs of reply to your interruption and try to read the whole post through before you respond, and maybe you can respond with something a little more thoughtful than "there is no God".

...but that is not what I said. I was merely pointing out that to build an argument on a presumption of god with an audience who does not acknowledge him/her/it is nonsensical. That is not the same thing as saying god does not exist. Basically, your are assuming your audience knows of the invisible ladder needed to reach the high places you strive for.

If that's all you have to say, you said it loud and clear and you really are not welcome to be posting here. Thank you for your contribution anyways.

The message is God's love for mankind proven by His mercy toward us.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 8:15:20 PM
At 1/13/2015 7:27:04 PM, uncung wrote:
If God loved you, then why He would torture you in hell for being a christian?

God does not torture anybody. Sin brings punishment from God. If you make God punish you, that's on you. Why will you make God punish you?

You are not reading my posts. I know my sins are forgiven and I am going to heaven.
If you were reading my posts, you would not be asking stupid questions. I'm sure you are very intelligent, but your question was stupid and it makes you look dumb for trying to put words in my mouth.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 8:22:52 PM
I'm not going to bother trying to understand all of your interruptions in my post.

The message is God's love for mankind which He proves by His mercy toward us. I'm sorry if that is not good enough for you. maybe you can respond with something a little more thoughtful than "there is no God".

If that's all you have to say, you said it loud and clear and you really are not welcome to be posting here. Thank you for your contribution anyways.

Please read the opening post again and try to give it more thought than to say nothing more than "there is no God"
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 9:03:42 PM
At this point, there is only one appropriate response to anything LMGIG says... ad nauseam logical fallacy.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 9:13:46 PM

How about justifying why you are still here when you swore you were leaving the site forever weeks ago. What do they call someone who says one thing and does another? It's a small word on the tip of my tongue. It begins with 'l' I think.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 9:35:03 PM

God does not torture anybody. Sin brings punishment from God. If you make God punish you, that's on you. Why will you make God punish you?

You are not reading my posts. I know my sins are forgiven and I am going to heaven.
If you were reading my posts, you would not be asking stupid questions. I'm sure you are very intelligent, but your question was stupid and it makes you look dumb for trying to put words in my mouth.

So you just admit that your bible is wrong by rejecting hell as the place of torment.
God punishes the sinners in hell. You may remove that passages out of your bible.
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 10:15:23 PM
I can't justify my life

Then it isn't just me.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
IRONHIDE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 10:45:46 PM
At 1/13/2015 6:37:28 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
At 1/13/2015 6:05:47 PM, FaustianJustice wrote:

So you think your existence is justifeid. That is not the point. The point is that death proves my life cannot be justified; it proves that there is no way for me to be good enough so that I deserve to live. The only people who can truly be considered innocent are the ones who have not gained enough mental capacity to know they have done wrong, and that leaves you and me out. We don't need to worry about babies who never grow up, After we have done all we can do to help them, they are out of our hands and who is going to say a baby is guilty for having been born? \We are grown, we are not babies, and we know we have done wrong...at least I think it's obvious we have both done wrong. It's our wrong that demands justice, and we get what we deserve in death. The question then is, does death negate my existence and relieve me from getting what I deserve, or is death continual and justice served be being forever separated by God because we have broken His law and deserve His punishement?

I don't know. The bible says "For the WAGES of SIN is DEATH but the GIFT OF GOD IS ENTERNAL LIFE.

Your on here says the word of God is Hogwash. You say

"For the WAGES of sin is Death and then HELL FIRE to be tortured never ending, but the OPTION of God is TO CHOOSE ETERNAL LIFE"
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 11:19:38 PM
At 1/13/2015 9:03:42 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At this point, there is only one appropriate response to anything LMGIG says... ad nauseam logical fallacy.

+1

LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2015 8:56:08 AM
At 1/13/2015 10:45:46 PM, IRONHIDE wrote:

Ok, so I guess your rhetoric is aimed at disputing what I assert the Bible says about Hell. That is not the topic of this forum. The impossiblity of justifying my life is the topic of this forum, and the aim here is to focus on the gospel of God in Jesus Christ who justifies sinners by His blood payment which secures pardon for all who repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, that if you will confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus Christ, and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

The duration of punishment administerd by God in the Lake of Fire is s a different subject. I'm saved from Hell. That's all I want to talk about here; how I know I cannot justify myself and how I know I am forgiven and God loves me as His child and sees my sin covered by the blood He shed for me as the Son of God.

If you want to have a discussion with me on the duration of punishment in Hell or any other subject, why not start a new thread on the subject of your choice and invite me to discuss it with you. Hell is an awful place, but it needs to be discussed. The existence of Hell and eternal torment of those who are turned away from God is a doctine hated by the world and it's religions, and is second in being desipised only to the assertion of our Lord Himself to be God.

Eternal punishment of sinners and the deity of Jesus Christ proved by His bodily resurrection as the signature act of God after He displayed His deity in the miracles worked by our Lord's hands and words, confirmed more than once verbally by God the Father, are the two unique claims of the Lord Jesus Christ which sets Him apart from all religions.

I'll be happy to discuss these things with you, and dispute any disagreements you might have, but not in this forum. I want to keep this forum focused on the OP.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2015 9:04:01 AM
Anybody who tries to disrupt this forum with personal attacks and insults is being reported for harassment.

Anybody who thinks this post is directed toward them is probably right.
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2015 9:13:58 AM
No one needs to 'justify' their lives. Life doesn't need justification, it just is. It has no intrinsic purpose except to survive. Anything beyond that, any meaning or purpose is what we choose, individually and collectively, to give it. We are unique among the other creatures of this world, though with time that might change. We are aware of ourselves as individuals, we are aware of other individuals. We are sentient and able to use that awareness to the benefit or the detriment of ourselves and others. Frankly, it's a lot more fun and a lot less hazardous to be of benefit. If any life needs justification, just hold a newborn baby in your arms and look into those totally innocent eyes. Tell me, if you can then, that this tiny, helpless person isn't fully justified.