ReformedPresbyterian72598
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 10:04:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/13/2015 9:58:20 PM, Gentorev wrote:
On which day was Jesus sacrificed?

Quite simple, the Bible does not mention the day. It does mention the time of day, and what happens, but the point is that we as Christians aren't supposed to hold a day holy that has no need to be made holy. Its like Christmas, there is no mention of the date. My opinion is that it was sometime in the spring as the shepherds would have been in the fields because of lambing season. The point is it does not matter what day it happened, what matters is that it did.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2015 10:20:43 PM
Passover has nothing to do with Christianity, since they oppose OT and Moses teaching.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2015 1:25:33 AM
At 1/13/2015 10:04:22 PM, ReformedPresbyterian72598 wrote:

Quite simple, the Bible does not mention the day. It does mention the time of day, and what happens, but the point is that we as Christians aren't supposed to hold a day holy that has no need to be made holy. Its like Christmas, there is no mention of the date. My opinion is that it was sometime in the spring as the shepherds would have been in the fields because of lambing season. The point is it does not matter what day it happened, what matters is that it did.

Obviously you do not have a clue and are ignorant to the teachings of the Bible, The day of Passover began as the sun set on the 13th day of the first month, which was the beginning of the 14th day of Abib,, which is the first month in the Jewish calendar.

Numbers 28: 16; The Passover Festival in honour of the Lord, is to be held on the fourteenth day of the first month.

And Jesus died on the day of preparation to the Passover, which is the 13th day of the first month. John 19: 14; Mark 15: 42; Luke 23:: 54; Matthew 27: 62.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2015 1:39:10 AM
At 1/13/2015 10:20:43 PM, uncung wrote:
Passover has nothing to do with Christianity, since they oppose OT and Moses teaching.

It does to those who have remained true to the apostolic Church of Jesus Christ which was founded some three hundred years before the Universal church of Emperor Constantine, who still hold the 14th day of Abib=Nisan Holy.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2015 4:33:39 AM

The guy was crucified like many others, if it actually happened. A horrible way to die of course, but his death was not a sacrifice!
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2015 4:42:22 AM

Jesus was sacrificed? I thought the Romans crucified him.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2015 4:53:55 AM
At 1/14/2015 4:42:22 AM, dee-em wrote:

Jesus died because he was a pain in the neck as far as the religious mafia of the day was concerned and for no other reason, imo.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2015 5:18:25 AM
At 1/14/2015 4:53:55 AM, JJ50 wrote:

Jesus died because he was a pain in the neck as far as the religious mafia of the day was concerned and for no other reason, imo.

Agreed.

If Jesus was sacrificed then he must have played the role of both priest and victim. And yet it was the Romans who actually executed him. How does that work?
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2015 5:23:50 AM
Three of the godless religion with nothing constructive to add to the discussion, so we will continue to wait for an "INTELLIGENT" response
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2015 5:45:50 AM
At 1/14/2015 5:18:25 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 1/14/2015 4:53:55 AM, JJ50 wrote:

Agreed.

If Jesus was sacrificed then he must have played the role of both priest and victim. And yet it was the Romans who actually executed him. How does that work?

Only to keep the peace as the Jews were on their back!
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2015 5:47:00 AM
At 1/14/2015 5:23:50 AM, Gentorev wrote:
Three of the godless religion with nothing constructive to add to the discussion, so we will continue to wait for an "INTELLIGENT" response

Intelligence and religion are an oxymoron, lol!
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2015 5:51:52 AM

Gentorev, of course we're having a bit of fun. There was no Jesus. There was no crucifixion. There was no sacrifice. It's all a gigantic myth. Therefore, how could I possibly take your question seriously?

Can I make a suggestion? Before taking anything in the Bible as the word of God, perhaps you should first establish that there is a God. How do you propose you go about doing that? You can't use the Bible as evidence - that would be circular logic. Over to you.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2015 6:12:43 AM
At 1/14/2015 5:51:52 AM, dee-em wrote:

Gentorev, of course we're having a bit of fun. There was no Jesus. There was no crucifixion. There was no sacrifice. It's all a gigantic myth. Therefore, how could I possibly take your question seriously?

Can I make a suggestion? Before taking anything in the Bible as the word of God, perhaps you should first establish that there is a God. How do you propose you go about doing that? You can't use the Bible as evidence - that would be circular logic. Over to you.

Good post
Sidewalker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2015 7:41:36 AM

Jesus was crucified Thursday morning on the fourteenth of Nisan, referred to as the "day of preparation", the preparation is the removing of all leaven from the home and that evening a meal is eaten that is considered the first feast of the passover. The seven days of Passover begins on the fifteenth and are referred to as the "days of unleavened bread", but the first feast of the Passover is the evening of the 14th.

If you understand the ancient Jewish method of counting time, there is no discrepancy in the Gospels about when Jesus was crucified.
"It is one of the commonest of mistakes to consider that the limit of our power of perception is also the limit of all there is to perceive." " C. W. Leadbeater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2015 6:33:56 PM
At 1/14/2015 1:25:33 AM, Gentorev wrote:

Obviously you do not have a clue and are ignorant to the teachings of the Bible.
Quite the contrary, I'm afraid. In reference to springtime, I was referring to Christmas.

The day of Passover began as the sun set on the 13th day of the first month, which was the beginning of the 14th day of Abib,, which is the first month in the Jewish calendar.

Numbers 28: 16; The Passover Festival in honour of the Lord, is to be held on the fourteenth day of the first month.

And Jesus died on the day of preparation to the Passover, which is the 13th day of the first month. John 19: 14; Mark 15: 42 Luke 23:: 549; Matthew 27: 62.
Very well, in my haste I stand corrected concerning the his death. And as the rest of my argument is for a slightly different standpoint, I need not say more.
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2015 6:37:04 PM

Yes, I suppose you may look at it that way. But as you can see, your question is quite simple and factually stated, in which case there need not be much discussion. Only conformation from the Scriptures which you seem to have now generously supplied us with.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 3:41:07 AM

If you and some of your godless mates, took an innocent man to the courts of the country in which you lived and falsely accused that man of committing a crime that incurred the death penalty, and that man was executed because of your false accusations, who is to be held accountable of the murder of that man? The government who rules that country, or you and your other false accusers?

Acts 2: 23; "In accordance to his own plan God had already decided that Jesus would be handed over to you (The Jews) and you (The Jews) killed him by letting sinful men crucify him."
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 3:48:52 AM

No young fellow, you"ve got the bull by the udder, it is you who have to prove that my God does not exist.

My God is "THE SON OF MAN" a new non-physical species of life forms that evolve from mankind, who, according to your concept of one directional linear time, is currently developing within the body of mankind, as do all new species that evolve from another.

When He is born of the body of mankind, He, a fourth dimensional being, is capable of descending along his unbroken genetic thread of life, back to the very beginnings of this universe and it was "HE" the observer who said: "Let there be light."

Now it is up to you to prove that mankind is the end of the evolutionary process on this earth, if you cannot, then you must admit that it is possible that from the body of mankind, a new species could be born into this world, a species which would be much higher on the ladder of evolution than "Mankind," and would be "THE MOST HIGH" in the creation, the Godhead and ruler of all who came before him.

You cannot prove that a God does not exist, and this proves that you mob of poor disillusioned godless souls. believe by faith and faith alone that there is no God.

When the spiritual godhead of the great Upright walking reptiles, who ruled the world for millions of years, was told to bow before the image of the new creation that was to be the new ruler on earth. He refused to do so, saying: "I will not worship a creation that is junior to myself, before Adam=mankind was made, I was already made. It is Adam who should bow to me.

It was for this reason that he, the most glorious spiritual being was cast down to the earth from which he was created.

I pity the godless, who would see themselves as being superior to "The Son of Man", who was in the beginning before this world had even began, and who knows everything that you will do according to your own free will, because you had done them before he was born from the body of Mankind.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 3:50:51 AM

No young fellow, you"ve got the bull by the udder, it is you who have to prove that my God does not exist.

My God is "THE SON OF MAN" a new non-physical species of life forms that evolve from mankind, who, according to your concept of one directional linear time, is currently developing within the body of mankind, as do all new species that evolve from another.

When He is born of the body of mankind, He, a fourth dimensional being, is capable of descending along his unbroken genetic thread of life, back to the very beginnings of this universe and it was "HE" the observer who said: "Let there be light."

Now it is up to you to prove that mankind is the end of the evolutionary process on this earth, if you cannot, then you must admit that it is possible that from the body of mankind, a new species could be born into this world, a species which would be much higher on the ladder of evolution than "Mankind," and would be "THE MOST HIGH" in the creation, the Godhead and ruler of all who came before him.

You cannot prove that a God does not exist, and this proves that you mob of poor disillusioned godless souls. believe by faith and faith alone that there is no God.

When the spiritual godhead of the great Upright walking reptiles, who ruled the world for millions of years, was told to bow before the image of the new creation that was to be the new ruler on earth. He refused to do so, saying: "I will not worship a creation that is junior to myself, before Adam=mankind was made, I was already made. It is Adam who should bow to me.

It was for this reason that he, the most glorious spiritual being was cast down to the earth from which he was created.

I pity the godless, who would see themselves as being superior to "The Son of Man", who was in the beginning before this world had even began, and who knows everything that you will do according to your own free will, because you had done them before he was born from the body of Mankind.

And this post is unique.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 4:46:39 AM
At 1/14/2015 7:41:36 AM, Sidewalker wrote:

Jesus was crucified Thursday morning on the fourteenth of Nisan, referred to as the "day of preparation", the preparation is the removing of all leaven from the home and that evening a meal is eaten that is considered the first feast of the passover. The seven days of Passover begins on the fifteenth and are referred to as the "days of unleavened bread", but the first feast of the Passover is the evening of the 14th.

If you understand the ancient Jewish method of counting time, there is no discrepancy in the Gospels about when Jesus was crucified.

As with many ancient cultures, the Jewish day consisted of twelve hours of darkness followed by 12 hours of daylight, the 14th day of Nisan began when the sun finally set on the 13th day.

John 11: 9; "Jesus answered; "Are there not 12 hours in a day."

The sixth hour, when Pilate's judgement was passed on Jesus, was the 6th hour of darkness. "MIDNIGHT", he was nailed to the cross on the third hour of daylight, 9 AM, the light of the sun was blocked out by an incoming heavenly object at the 6th hour of daylight, "MIDDAY", which to the Jews, was the first evening, when the sun begins its descent toward the western horizon. He died at the 9th hour, 3 PM, when the earth shook owing to the impact of the object, which had cast its shadow on Jerusalem for three hours, and he was buried just before the 12th hour of the thirteenth day of Nisan, (The day of preparation to the Passover) after which, the second evening and beginning of the 14th day of Nisan began, when those false accusers of Jesus, were just sitting down to their Passover meal.

Jesus was arrested in the garden very early in the evening of the 13th day of Nisan, he was taken to the Jewish authorities where he was questioned and abused, much later he was taken to the palace of the gentile, Pilate. John 18: 28; "They themselves (The Jewish authorities) did not enter the praetorium (Gentile Palace) otherwise they would be defiled and unable to eat of the Passover on the evening of the 14th, after the Passover lamb (Jesus) had been killed.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 5:01:57 AM
At 1/15/2015 3:41:07 AM, Gentorev wrote:

If you and some of your godless mates, took an innocent man to the courts of the country in which you lived and falsely accused that man of committing a crime that incurred the death penalty, and that man was executed because of your false accusations, who is to be held accountable of the murder of that man? The government who rules that country, or you and your other false accusers?

Acts 2: 23; "In accordance to his own plan God had already decided that Jesus would be handed over to you (The Jews) and you (The Jews) killed him by letting sinful men crucify him."

This is just anti-Semitic nonsense. No-one killed Jesus. He never existed.

What I am concerned with is where this so-called sacrifice occurred. If Jesus sacrificed himself then he committed suicide and no-one is to blame. If the Jews caused his unwilling death then there was no sacrifice. Ditto for the Romans.

Besides, an immortal God (or part of one) cannot die. What did Jesus really sacrifice then? Nothing at all.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 5:55:58 AM
At 1/15/2015 3:50:51 AM, Gentorev wrote:

I'll do that when you prove that Allah doesn't exist. Lol.

You have to be kidding. You are kidding, aren't you?

You've been reading too much Sci-Fi, Gentorev. Are you a Christian or a Scientologist?

I don't presume to be able to predict the future but if I did I would be more inclined to think that biological beings will be surpassed by artificial intelligence. Evolution is way too slow and there is no great selection pressure on human beings at present, certainly not for greater intelligence. If anything, I believe that genius is actually rarer today than in the centuries just passed.

The onus is on you to prove what you believe in. Deep down, you know that. Atheists don't have the burden of proof.

What?

No, actually it was believed to have been something far more mundane - a meteor. Lol.

Sorry, but do you have any idea how crazy this sounds? I'm talking about deeply delusional.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 8:20:23 AM

Maybe you should read your bible.

The Bible tells us that Christ was executed during preparation, on the Friday before the Great Sabbath which was not only a Saturday, but also the annual Passover Sabbath. That is why scripture calls it, according to translation either a Double Sabbath or a Great Sabbath,

That places his execution on Nissan 14th before sundown, which marked the change of the day and began Nissan 15th, the festival of Passover.

The fact that it is tied to a particular date on the Jewish calendar is the reason why the one thing that Apostate Christianity get right about the otherwise Pagan festival of Easter, is that the date shifts on our calendar , because the Jewish calendar runs differently to ours.

Why do I call Easter a Pagan festival?

Well the very name of it is derived from that of the Goddess Ishtar, a fertility Goddess who celebrations included both male and female prostitution, fertility symbols (hence eggs and rabbits) and little round buns with crosses on. Yes that"s right, Hot Cross Buns which have no connection with Christianity whatever.

If you don"t believe me, go down into the Assyrian Section of the British Museum and study closely a procession to the goddess Astarte, the Assyrian version of Ishtar, and you will see that some Priests in the procession are indeed carrying trays of "Hot Cross Buns". I have to admit it shook me when I realised that even they are part of a fertility rite from long before Christ.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 8:29:13 AM
At 1/13/2015 10:20:43 PM, uncung wrote:

Actually it has a lot to do with Christianity, since it foreshadowed the sacrifice of the "lamb", the Christ.

Christians do not oppose the Hebrew Scriptures, they teach from them as Christ and the Apostles did, we agree with Paul when he said, speaking of the Hebrew Scriptures, which were all he had at the time:

1 Timothy 6:9-10 "All scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for reproving for teaching, for setting things straight, that the man of God is complete, fully equipped for every good work."

In fact the rise of what became known as Christianity is foretold in the Hebrew Scriptures, as is the end of the Mosaic Law as a rigid code, and the implanting of that law in the hearts of Christians, who worship the same God that Christ did, and the Jews pretended to (and still do). That is why true Christians are the true Israel, the Israel of God, and the current nation is nothing more than a Satanic counterfeit.

Not one word of the Mosaic Law has passed away, as Jesus said, even though the Mosaic Covenant is now closed. It is simply not a law code any more, but a vital teaching aid.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 8:31:15 AM
At 1/15/2015 5:55:58 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 1/15/2015 3:50:51 AM, Gentorev wrote:

I'll do that when you prove that Allah doesn't exist. Lol.

Oh Allah exists alright, only in the Bible he is known as Satan.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 9:00:53 AM

Actually it has a lot to do with Christianity, since it foreshadowed the sacrifice of the "lamb", the Christ.

Christians do not oppose the Hebrew Scriptures, they teach from them as Christ and the Apostles did, we agree with Paul when he said, speaking of the Hebrew Scriptures, which were all he had at the time:

1 Timothy 6:9-10 "All scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for reproving for teaching, for setting things straight, that the man of God is complete, fully equipped for every good work."

In fact the rise of what became known as Christianity is foretold in the Hebrew Scriptures, as is the end of the Mosaic Law as a rigid code, and the implanting of that law in the hearts of Christians, who worship the same God that Christ did, and the Jews pretended to (and still do). That is why true Christians are the true Israel, the Israel of God, and the current nation is nothing more than a Satanic counterfeit.

Not one word of the Mosaic Law has passed away, as Jesus said, even though the Mosaic Covenant is now closed. It is simply not a law code any more, but a vital teaching aid.

Christians do no longer adhere OT. They consume swine yet it is prohibited in OT. they don't practice circumcision. and soon.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 9:40:16 AM
At 1/15/2015 9:00:53 AM, uncung wrote:

Christians do no longer adhere OT. They consume swine yet it is prohibited in OT. they don't practice circumcision. and soon.

As I said, it has no value as a law code now, just a source of Principles.

Christ fulfilled the Law and ended the Mosaic Covenant replacing it with a new one, just as the Mosaic Covenant replaced the old Patriarchal arrangement.

Again, as foretold in the Hebrew Scriptures.

There is absolutely nothing in the Christian Greek Scriptures which was not foretold in the Hebrew Scriptures.

God, through his son, freed his people up from the impossible burden of Law, which was always impossible to keep, and therefore held humans in bondage to sin.

Of course it's even more impossible to keep now God has had the Temple Destroyed and the Dome on the rock ahs been allowed to be placed there.

I is no wonder God called Israel a "stiff necked people". Everything that has happened to them, including being forsaken, was prophesied as a consequence of their insisting on going against God.

Of course the rot really started when they rejected God as king over them and asked for human kings.

It was all downhill from.

The Jews really should read their own scripture and wake up before it's too late.

Some have in fact tried, but even that they insist on doing their own way and not God'.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 5:44:48 PM
At 1/14/2015 7:41:36 AM, Sidewalker wrote:

You are on the right tack here mate, but Passover is a one day festival, which is followed by the seven day festival of unleavened bread.

But we are being invaded by the godless termites, who wish to white ant this post.

They deny that Jesus ever existed, when the greater majority of scholars now agree that the historical Jesus did exist. Just like the fanatical Christians, they deny all scholarship that goes against their idiotic erroneous beliefs.

Their only agenda on the religious forums is to disrupt any intelligent conversation between believers, and attempt to engage them in some senseless argument, as they rabbit on in the ridiculous rhetoric that we expect from the poor godless souls.

So then, in order to keep this topic from being derailed, we will now ignore the idiotic arguments of the godless with the contempt that they rightfully deserve.

You speak of the seven day festival of Passover, but unlike Jesus and his disciples, who held to the eight day Festival according to the Law of the Lord,, the Jews of Judaea, through their ignorance to the law, had incorporated the Passover into the seven day Festival of unleavened bread.

Numbers 28: 16; The Passover festival in honour of the Lord, is to be held on the fourteenth day of the first month.

Exodus 12: 14; "You must celebrate "THIS DAY" as a religious festival to remind you of what I, the Lord have done, Celebrate it (One day) for all time to come.

Numbers 28:17; On the fifteenth day a religious festival begins which lasts seven days, during which, only unleavened bread is to be eaten. On the first and the last day of the seven day festival of unleavened bread, they were to gather for worship and no work was to be done on those days.

Numbers 33: 3; The people of Israel left Egypt on the 15th day of the first month of the year.

Deuteronomy 16: 1; it was in the month of Abib=Nisan that the lord brought you out of Egypt by night

Leviticus 23: 5-6; "In the fourteenth day of the first month at even is the Lord"s Passover, and on the fifteenth day of the same month is the feast of unleavened bread unto the Lord, seven days thou shalt eat unleavened bread.

So I ask again, how long did the body of Jesus lay in the tomb, and please ignore the fanatical MadCornishBiker, who would have you believe that he died on Friday, and was in the tomb, Saturday night, Saturday, Sunday night, and was already risen early Sunday morning.

One day and two nights, he makes the word of God appear to lie, which states that he was in the bowels of the earth for three days and three nights.