Total Posts:23|Showing Posts:1-23
Jump to topic:

What Does The Bible REALLY Teach ?

IRONHIDE
Posts: 326
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2015 7:06:18 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Is it this ? ""And he [Christ] is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our sins only, but also for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD" (I John 2:2).

OR this ?""And he [Christ] CAN BE the propitiation for our sins IF WE CHOOSE TO LET HIM BE: and not for our sins only, but also for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD IF THE REST OF THE WORLD ALLOWS HIM TO BE" (MAN 2:2).

Is it this ? "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself a ransom for ALL to be testified in due time" (I Tim. 2:5-6).

OR this ? ""For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself a ransom for ALL WHO WILL GIVE HIM PERMISSION to be DETERMINED in due time" (MAN 2:5-6).

Is it this ? "For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who IS the savior of all men" (I Tim. 4:10).

Or this ? "For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who HAS THE POTINTUAL TO BE the savior of all men BUT HE WILL NOT BE" (MAN 4:10).
IRONHIDE
Posts: 326
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2015 7:11:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
OR IS IT THIS ?

After all of God's punishments and chastisements are meted out, all will be reconciled to God. Death will be abolished (I Cor. 15:26), and all will be vivified and given immortality never to be subject to pain, heartache, or death again. The Scriptures fully substantiate this grand truth.

"For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have ALL men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. For there is One God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus. Who gave Himself a ransom for ALL to be testified in due time" (I Tim. 2:3-4).

"I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw ALL [Gk. "the" all] men unto me" (John 12:32).

"That in the name of Jesus every knee should be bowing, celestial and terrestrial and subterranean, and every tongue should be acclaiming that Jesus Christ is Lord, for the glory of God, the Father" (Phil. 2:10-11).

Comment: It wouldn't be "to the glory of God" if it were a forced acclimation. Besides I Cor. 12:3 plainly says, " ... no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the holy spirit." To "acclaim" carries the connotation of an heartfelt, voluntary expression.

"For even as, in Adam, all are dying, thus also, in Christ, shall all be vivified" (I Cor. 15:22).

Comment: "vivified" is from the Greek: Zoopoieo = LIVE-DO, "giving life beyond the reach of death, conferring immortality." The same "all" who are dying in Adam (which includes everyone) is the same "all" who are vivified in Christ (which of necessity includes everyone). Also notice that the "all" are vivified "in" Christ not "out" of Christ, and it's not, "all in Christ are vivified," but rather, "in Christ ... ALL are vivified." The order of words makes a giant difference.

"Consequently, then, as it was through one offense for all mankind for condemnation, thus also it is through one just award for all mankind for life's justifying. For even as, through the disobedience of the one man, the many were constituted sinners, thus also, through the obedience of the One, the many shall be constituted just" (Rom. 5:19).

Comment: This is not a difficult verse to understand. One offense brought condemnation on all mankind and all are constituted sinners. In the same manner ("thus also") through the obedience of the One [Christ] the same "many" are constituted just!

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus [sorry, no trinity here-or anywhere] who gave Himself a ransom for ALL to be testified in due time" (I Tim. 2:5-6).

"For in Him [Christ] the entire complement delights to dwell, and through Him to reconcile ALL to Him (making peace through the blood of His cross), through Him, whether those on the earth or those in the heavens" (Col. 1:20).

"If anyone's work shall be burned up, he will forfeit it, yet he shall be saved, yet thus, as through fire" (I Cor. 3:15).

" ... we rely on the living God, Who is the Saviour of all mankind, especially [but not exclusively] believers. These things be charging and teaching" (I Tim. 4:11).

"For God does not dispatch His Son into the world that He should be judging the world, but that the world may be saved through Him" (John 3:17).

" ... God, Who saves us and calls us with a holy calling, not in accord with our acts, but in accord with His own purpose and the grace which is given to us in Christ Jesus before times eonian [before the world began-Authorized]" (II Tim. 1:9).

Comment: Man's salvation was assured before God ever created him. He knew all men would sin. That's why He provided a Saviour. We are saved by "grace" not by anything we do.

"No one can come to Me if ever the Father Who sends Me should not be drawing him. And I shall be raising him in the last day" (John 6:44).

Comment: It is not up to us or anyone to come to Christ. God does the choosing, calling, drawing, etc. " ... the kindness of God is leading you to repentance" (Rom. 2:4).

" ... having this same confidence, that He Who undertakes a good work among you, will be performing it until the day of Jesus Christ" (Phil. 1:6).

"Now to Him Who is ABLE to guard you from tripping, and to stand you flawless in sight of His glory ... " (Jude 24).

" ... if One died for the sake of all, consequently all died" (II Cor. 5:14).

Comment: God applies Christ's death and sacrifice to "all men." "But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that He by the grace of God should taste death for EVERY man" (Heb. 2:9).

"And he [Christ] is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our sins only, but also for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD" (I John 2:2).

Comment: Christ IS the propitiation for the sins of the whole world! How can you doubt it? How can you teach contrary to it? He isn't "potentially" the propitiation for the sins of the world. He IS the propitiation for the sins of the world.

"Yet all is of God, Who conciliates us to Himself through Christ, and is giving us the dispensation of the conciliation, how that God was in Christ, conciliating the world to Himself, not reckoning their offenses to them, and placing in us the word of the conciliation" (II Cor. 5:18-19).

Comment: This Scripture is clear. God through Christ's sacrifice (Christ's sacrifice carries a whole lot more weight than you ever give Him credit for) is conciliating the whole world to Himself. Do you know what that means? God is "at peace" with mankind. Yes, there are future chastisements and punishments, but the end result has already been accomplished. What the world must yet go through is for their good. But God already knows the end result. All will be saved! However, only "we" have been given this word of reconciliation (that is any of us "we" who believe it).

Notice that God is "not reckoning their offenses to them." Then who is God "reckoning offenses" to? It is to Jesus Christ His Son that He is reckoning the sins of the world. Ver. 21: "For He [God] hath made Him [Christ] to be SIN for us ... "

Look at this again. This is the Word of God. God is "NOT reckoning their [the whole world] offenses to them" (Ver. 19)! He is not doing that. But He IS making His Son Jesus Christ "to BE sin for us." How could God consign the vast majority of humanity to the eternal flames of torture in Hell if He no longer reckons that they have any sins? Of what value is Christ's sacrifice FOR them if they still have to pay their own penalty for all eternity? This verse is talking about the WHOLE WORLD. The sins of the WHOLE WORLD.

But what if all these sinners of the world reject Christ? Of course most people do reject Christ, but they won't always do so. God has not given them belief yet. Remember "every knee will bow and every tongue will acclaim ... to the Glory of God." Of course most don't will to believe God now, but they all will later. " ... for it is GOD Who is operating in you to WILL as well as to work for the sake of His delight" (Phil. 2:13).

"For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the savior of all men" (I Tim. 4:10).

Comment: God is not the "potential" or "possible" saviour of all men. He is the saviour of all men! I believe Him. I think you should too.

Ver. 11, "These things command and teach."
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2015 7:25:26 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
The Bible is only a collection of documents by human authors who created their version of the deity. The translations probably aren't even that accurate. It is sad that Biblical literalists are so gullible they believe it to be true the word of some crackpot deity!
Harikrish
Posts: 11,011
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2015 8:24:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
What does the bible really teach?
It teaches is there were mutant character with magical power before Stan Lees marvel comics hit the stands.
Jesus the last of the mutants was crucified by the Jews. He believed only after his death would he be given all powers over heaven and earth. He was born with some powers to heal/feed and walk on water. But he could not climb down from the wooden cross because the Romans nailed him to it.
He died a disappointed man who suffered from delusional messianic aspirations. These were his last words.

Matthew 27:46 About three in the afternoon Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eli, Eli, lema sabachthani?" (which means "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?").
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Posts: 2,744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2015 12:07:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
maybe I'll get back later. Thank you for good input in my "I can't justify my life" thread.

I want to finish some things there first.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Posts: 2,744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2015 1:45:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
It won't do any good for me to argue any of your points here. I really appreciate the way you have acted wtih me lately, and I don't want to spoil that.
12_13
Posts: 1,365
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2015 2:01:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/14/2015 7:06:18 AM, IRONHIDE wrote:
Is it this ?...

It is this:

Therefore whatever you desire for men to do to you, you shall also do to them; for this is the law and the prophets.
Matt. 7:12

Owe no one anything, except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law. For the commandments, "You shall not commit adultery," "You shall not murder," "You shall not steal," "You shall not give false testimony," "You shall not covet," [TR adds "You shall not give false testimony,"] and whatever other commandments there are, are all summed up in this saying, namely, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." Love doesn't harm a neighbor. Love therefore is the fulfillment of the law.
Romans 13:8-10

All that is written in the Bible is for that people would know love and love others as themselves.

He who doesn't love doesn't know God, for God is love.
1 John 4:8

We know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and he who remains in love remains in God, and God remains in him.
1 John 4:16
IRONHIDE
Posts: 326
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2015 2:06:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/14/2015 2:01:38 PM, 12_13 wrote:
At 1/14/2015 7:06:18 AM, IRONHIDE wrote:
Is it this ?...

It is this:

Therefore whatever you desire for men to do to you, you shall also do to them; for this is the law and the prophets.
Matt. 7:12

Owe no one anything, except to love one another; for he who loves his neighbor has fulfilled the law. For the commandments, "You shall not commit adultery," "You shall not murder," "You shall not steal," "You shall not give false testimony," "You shall not covet," [TR adds "You shall not give false testimony,"] and whatever other commandments there are, are all summed up in this saying, namely, "You shall love your neighbor as yourself." Love doesn't harm a neighbor. Love therefore is the fulfillment of the law.
Romans 13:8-10

All that is written in the Bible is for that people would know love and love others as themselves.

He who doesn't love doesn't know God, for God is love.
1 John 4:8

We know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and he who remains in love remains in God, and God remains in him.
1 John 4:16

Thank you for your contribution by sharing that vital truth. Sincerely, Thank you 12-13
IRONHIDE
Posts: 326
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2015 2:13:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/14/2015 1:45:39 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
It won't do any good for me to argue any of your points here. I really appreciate the way you have acted wtih me lately, and I don't want to spoil that.

Thank you as I just seen this, after I had already contributed some sincere questions concerning the topic, in your thread "I cant justify my life" and look to have a more productive and positive encounter in the forum, moving forward.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2015 3:40:04 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/14/2015 7:06:18 AM, IRONHIDE wrote:
Is it this ? ""And he [Christ] is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our sins only, but also for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD" (I John 2:2).

OR this ?""And he [Christ] CAN BE the propitiation for our sins IF WE CHOOSE TO LET HIM BE: and not for our sins only, but also for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD IF THE REST OF THE WORLD ALLOWS HIM TO BE" (MAN 2:2).

Is it this ? "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself a ransom for ALL to be testified in due time" (I Tim. 2:5-6).

OR this ? ""For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself a ransom for ALL WHO WILL GIVE HIM PERMISSION to be DETERMINED in due time" (MAN 2:5-6).

Is it this ? "For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who IS the savior of all men" (I Tim. 4:10).

Or this ? "For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who HAS THE POTINTUAL TO BE the savior of all men BUT HE WILL NOT BE" (MAN 4:10).

The Bible can't teach anything because it can't speak or determine whether you're a believer or not.
PLEASESTOPLYING
Posts: 196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 12:17:19 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/14/2015 3:40:04 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 1/14/2015 7:06:18 AM, IRONHIDE wrote:
Is it this ? ""And he [Christ] is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our sins only, but also for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD" (I John 2:2).

OR this ?""And he [Christ] CAN BE the propitiation for our sins IF WE CHOOSE TO LET HIM BE: and not for our sins only, but also for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD IF THE REST OF THE WORLD ALLOWS HIM TO BE" (MAN 2:2).

Is it this ? "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself a ransom for ALL to be testified in due time" (I Tim. 2:5-6).

OR this ? ""For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself a ransom for ALL WHO WILL GIVE HIM PERMISSION to be DETERMINED in due time" (MAN 2:5-6).

Is it this ? "For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who IS the savior of all men" (I Tim. 4:10).

Or this ? "For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who HAS THE POTINTUAL TO BE the savior of all men BUT HE WILL NOT BE" (MAN 4:10).

The Bible can't teach anything because it can't speak or determine whether you're a believer or not.

you are getting there -- just stick with that "nothing" idea and you will eventually bump into reality
Did anyone ever disprove the existence of ZEUS?
Classified
Posts: 251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 12:28:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/14/2015 7:06:18 AM, IRONHIDE wrote:
Is it this ? ""And he [Christ] is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our sins only, but also for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD" (I John 2:2).

OR this ?""And he [Christ] CAN BE the propitiation for our sins IF WE CHOOSE TO LET HIM BE: and not for our sins only, but also for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD IF THE REST OF THE WORLD ALLOWS HIM TO BE" (MAN 2:2).

Is it this ? "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself a ransom for ALL to be testified in due time" (I Tim. 2:5-6).

OR this ? ""For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself a ransom for ALL WHO WILL GIVE HIM PERMISSION to be DETERMINED in due time" (MAN 2:5-6).

Is it this ? "For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who IS the savior of all men" (I Tim. 4:10).

Or this ? "For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who HAS THE POTINTUAL TO BE the savior of all men BUT HE WILL NOT BE" (MAN 4:10).

Sorry Mr. Alien Transformer but you can't change words from the Bible. It ain't legit. Sorry.
What is said in the Bible is it. You can't twist it. Sorry...
Classified
Posts: 251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 12:30:12 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/18/2015 12:17:19 AM, PLEASESTOPLYING wrote:
At 1/14/2015 3:40:04 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 1/14/2015 7:06:18 AM, IRONHIDE wrote:
Is it this ? ""And he [Christ] is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our sins only, but also for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD" (I John 2:2).

OR this ?""And he [Christ] CAN BE the propitiation for our sins IF WE CHOOSE TO LET HIM BE: and not for our sins only, but also for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD IF THE REST OF THE WORLD ALLOWS HIM TO BE" (MAN 2:2).

Is it this ? "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself a ransom for ALL to be testified in due time" (I Tim. 2:5-6).

OR this ? ""For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself a ransom for ALL WHO WILL GIVE HIM PERMISSION to be DETERMINED in due time" (MAN 2:5-6).

Is it this ? "For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who IS the savior of all men" (I Tim. 4:10).

Or this ? "For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who HAS THE POTINTUAL TO BE the savior of all men BUT HE WILL NOT BE" (MAN 4:10).

The Bible can't teach anything because it can't speak or determine whether you're a believer or not.


you are getting there -- just stick with that "nothing" idea and you will eventually bump into reality

No, but people think Zeus is a Greek myth.
Classified
Posts: 251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 12:31:03 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/18/2015 12:30:12 AM, Classified wrote:
At 1/18/2015 12:17:19 AM, PLEASESTOPLYING wrote:
At 1/14/2015 3:40:04 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 1/14/2015 7:06:18 AM, IRONHIDE wrote:
Is it this ? ""And he [Christ] is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our sins only, but also for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD" (I John 2:2).

OR this ?""And he [Christ] CAN BE the propitiation for our sins IF WE CHOOSE TO LET HIM BE: and not for our sins only, but also for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD IF THE REST OF THE WORLD ALLOWS HIM TO BE" (MAN 2:2).

Is it this ? "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself a ransom for ALL to be testified in due time" (I Tim. 2:5-6).

OR this ? ""For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself a ransom for ALL WHO WILL GIVE HIM PERMISSION to be DETERMINED in due time" (MAN 2:5-6).

Is it this ? "For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who IS the savior of all men" (I Tim. 4:10).

Or this ? "For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who HAS THE POTINTUAL TO BE the savior of all men BUT HE WILL NOT BE" (MAN 4:10).

The Bible can't teach anything because it can't speak or determine whether you're a believer or not.


you are getting there -- just stick with that "nothing" idea and you will eventually bump into reality

No, but people think Zeus is a Greek myth.

Oops, I thought your question was your signature...
Classified
Posts: 251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 12:41:00 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/14/2015 7:06:18 AM, IRONHIDE wrote:
Is it this ? ""And he [Christ] is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our sins only, but also for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD" (I John 2:2).

OR this ?""And he [Christ] CAN BE the propitiation for our sins IF WE CHOOSE TO LET HIM BE: and not for our sins only, but also for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD IF THE REST OF THE WORLD ALLOWS HIM TO BE" (MAN 2:2).


I like your metallic looks but sadly, you died in the third movie, Iron Hide.
Getting to the point...
What you said is ungrateful to someone who is trying to help you.
If you are carrying a lot of books. And then you drop them.
Someone comes to help you pick them up.
Will you say
1. this? "Thank You"

2. or this? "I didn't ask for your help"

Think about it first before you reply.
If you said the first answer, then the helper feels good because he has helped somebody.
If you said the second answer, then the helper feels gloomy because you rejected him.

Well, think of it this way.
You see somebody coming with a load of books. He loses a bit of his balance and books come crashing down on the floor. You help him instinctively.
Now he replies either with
this! "Thank You"

or this! "I didn't ask for your help!"

You feel terrible if you were rejected right?

I know people would usually vote on it. For example, if more than half of the people vote no, then this decision is completely rejected.
PLEASESTOPLYING
Posts: 196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 12:56:22 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/18/2015 12:30:12 AM, Classified wrote:
At 1/18/2015 12:17:19 AM, PLEASESTOPLYING wrote:
At 1/14/2015 3:40:04 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 1/14/2015 7:06:18 AM, IRONHIDE wrote:
Is it this ? ""And he [Christ] is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our sins only, but also for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD" (I John 2:2).

OR this ?""And he [Christ] CAN BE the propitiation for our sins IF WE CHOOSE TO LET HIM BE: and not for our sins only, but also for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD IF THE REST OF THE WORLD ALLOWS HIM TO BE" (MAN 2:2).

Is it this ? "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself a ransom for ALL to be testified in due time" (I Tim. 2:5-6).

OR this ? ""For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself a ransom for ALL WHO WILL GIVE HIM PERMISSION to be DETERMINED in due time" (MAN 2:5-6).

Is it this ? "For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who IS the savior of all men" (I Tim. 4:10).

Or this ? "For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who HAS THE POTINTUAL TO BE the savior of all men BUT HE WILL NOT BE" (MAN 4:10).

The Bible can't teach anything because it can't speak or determine whether you're a believer or not.


you are getting there -- just stick with that "nothing" idea and you will eventually bump into reality

No, but people think Zeus is a Greek myth.

people think your god is a myth
people think your jesus is a myth

so the question remains did anyone ever disprove the existence of zeus?

if not, then why do you think your new god needs to be disproved to be moved into the mythical category. After all Costco had it right, they put the bible in the fiction section.
Did anyone ever disprove the existence of ZEUS?
Classified
Posts: 251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 1:19:56 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/14/2015 7:06:18 AM, IRONHIDE wrote:

Is it this ? "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself a ransom for ALL to be testified in due time" (I Tim. 2:5-6).

OR this ? ""For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself a ransom for ALL WHO WILL GIVE HIM PERMISSION to be DETERMINED in due time" (MAN 2:5-6).


You can't tell your creator what to do. A creator, of course, has to be more intelligent and more powerful than the creations.

If you told the Creator
this? We tell you what to do!

or this? We shall obey you to the very end!
What do you think the Creator will feel?
Imagining switching places. Imagine you're the creator.

Also, the job was done. The ransom was done.

First Diagram
'
-O -A human.|The human has sinned, so he deserves to go to hell. But he has to make his way to God.
/|\--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
I /\ ____________________________!Big Hole!Big Gap!______________________________God!!!
_______________________________|\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/|
_________________The above is hot fire, hell, waiting for humans to fall in.

Second Diagram
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
-------------------------------O -A human.| Jesus died on the cross and saved our lives. Now we can reach God.
------------------------------/|\--------------------I=I--------------------------------------->
_____________________I /\ _I===============I______________________________God!!!
_________________________|\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\I=I/\/|__________________________________
_________________The above is hot fire, hell, waiting for humans to fall in._______________

Sorry, the diagram is a bit wacky but it's almost the best I can do with technology...
First time I did tech are like this...
Try to understand it if you can...

The slashes at the bottom is the fire and hell.
The equal signs in the second diagram is the cross that Jesus dies on.
Classified
Posts: 251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 1:21:51 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/18/2015 12:56:22 AM, PLEASESTOPLYING wrote:
At 1/18/2015 12:30:12 AM, Classified wrote:
At 1/18/2015 12:17:19 AM, PLEASESTOPLYING wrote:
At 1/14/2015 3:40:04 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 1/14/2015 7:06:18 AM, IRONHIDE wrote:
Is it this ? ""And he [Christ] is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our sins only, but also for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD" (I John 2:2).

OR this ?""And he [Christ] CAN BE the propitiation for our sins IF WE CHOOSE TO LET HIM BE: and not for our sins only, but also for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD IF THE REST OF THE WORLD ALLOWS HIM TO BE" (MAN 2:2).

Is it this ? "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself a ransom for ALL to be testified in due time" (I Tim. 2:5-6).

OR this ? ""For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself a ransom for ALL WHO WILL GIVE HIM PERMISSION to be DETERMINED in due time" (MAN 2:5-6).

Is it this ? "For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who IS the savior of all men" (I Tim. 4:10).

Or this ? "For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who HAS THE POTINTUAL TO BE the savior of all men BUT HE WILL NOT BE" (MAN 4:10).

The Bible can't teach anything because it can't speak or determine whether you're a believer or not.


you are getting there -- just stick with that "nothing" idea and you will eventually bump into reality

No, but people think Zeus is a Greek myth.

people think your god is a myth
people think your jesus is a myth

so the question remains did anyone ever disprove the existence of zeus?

if not, then why do you think your new god needs to be disproved to be moved into the mythical category. After all Costco had it right, they put the bible in the fiction section.

Whose Costco??
Suppose people think that everything is a myth... Even how we think.
IRONHIDE
Posts: 326
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 9:01:16 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/18/2015 12:28:46 AM, Classified wrote:
At 1/14/2015 7:06:18 AM, IRONHIDE wrote:
Is it this ? ""And he [Christ] is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our sins only, but also for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD" (I John 2:2).

OR this ?""And he [Christ] CAN BE the propitiation for our sins IF WE CHOOSE TO LET HIM BE: and not for our sins only, but also for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD IF THE REST OF THE WORLD ALLOWS HIM TO BE" (MAN 2:2).

Is it this ? "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself a ransom for ALL to be testified in due time" (I Tim. 2:5-6).

OR this ? ""For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself a ransom for ALL WHO WILL GIVE HIM PERMISSION to be DETERMINED in due time" (MAN 2:5-6).

Is it this ? "For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who IS the savior of all men" (I Tim. 4:10).

Or this ? "For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who HAS THE POTINTUAL TO BE the savior of all men BUT HE WILL NOT BE" (MAN 4:10).

Sorry Mr. Alien Transformer but you can't change words from the Bible. It ain't legit. Sorry.
What is said in the Bible is it. You can't twist it. Sorry...

I'm sorry you lack the intelligence to see the point I was making, That it IS MANS TEACHINGS that have changed the actual words and twisted them, to fit their doctrine, INVALIDATING the actual words of God.

If you noticed, I cited the actual words of the bible, with the chapter & verse. I then cited what man has twisted the verses to say, in their teachings. Thus (Man 4:10) is twisting 1 Timothy 4:10
Harikrish
Posts: 11,011
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 9:07:53 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
The bible teaches us that the God of the bible is a bumbling homicidal maniac. Complete list with references.

1. God drowns the whole earth.
In Genesis 7:21-23, God drowns the entire population of the earth: men, women, children, fetuses, and perhaps unicorns. Only a single family survives. In Matthew 24:37-42, gentle Jesus approves of this genocide and plans to repeat it when he returns.
2. God kills half a million people.
In 2 Chronicles 13:15-18, God helps the men of Judah kill 500,000 of their fellow Israelites.
3. God slaughters all Egyptian firstborn.
In Exodus 12:29, God the baby-killer slaughters all Egyptian firstborn children and cattle because their king was stubborn.
4. God kills 14,000 people for complaining that God keeps killing them.
In Numbers 16:41-49, the Israelites complain that God is killing too many of them. So, God sends a plague that kills 14,000 more of them.
5. Genocide after genocide after genocide.
In Joshua 6:20-21, God helps the Israelites destroy Jericho, killing "men and women, young and old, cattle, sheep and donkeys." In Deuteronomy 2:32-35, God has the Israelites kill everyone in Heshbon, including children. In Deuteronomy 3:3-7, God has the Israelites do the same to the people of Bashan. In Numbers 31:7-18, the Israelites kill all the Midianites except for the virgins, whom they take as spoils of war. In 1 Samuel 15:1-9, God tells the Israelites to kill all the Amalekites " men, women, children, infants, and their cattle " for something the Amalekites" ancestors had done 400 years earlier.
6. God kills 50,000 people for curiosity.
In 1 Samuel 6:19, God kills 50,000 men for peeking into the ark of the covenant. (Newer cosmetic translations count only 70 deaths, but their text notes admit that the best and earliest manuscripts put the number at 50,070.)
7. 3,000 Israelites killed for inventing a god.
In Exodus 32, Moses has climbed Mount Sinai to get the Ten Commandments. The Israelites are bored, so they invent a golden calf god. Moses comes back and God commands him: "Each man strap a sword to his side. Go back and forth through the camp from one end to the other, each killing his brother and friend and neighbor." About 3,000 people died.
8. The Amorites destroyed by sword and by God"s rocks.
In Joshua 10:10-11, God helps the Israelites slaughter the Amorites by sword, then finishes them off with rocks from the sky.
9. God burns two cities to death.
In Genesis 19:24, God kills everyone in Sodom and Gomorrah with fire from the sky. Then God kills Lot"s wife for looking back at her burning home.
10. God has 42 children mauled by bears.
In 2 Kings 2:23-24, some kids tease the prophet Elisha, and God sends bears to dismember them. (Newer cosmetic translations say the bears "maul" the children, but the original Hebrew, baqa, means "to tear apart.")
11. A tribe slaughtered and their virgins raped for not showing up at roll call.
In Judges 21:1-23, a tribe of Israelites misses roll call, so the other Israelites kill them all except for the virgins, which they take for themselves. Still not happy, they hide in vineyards and pounce on dancing women from Shiloh to take them for themselves.
12. 3,000 crushed to death.
In Judges 16:27-30, God gives Samson strength to bring down a building to crush 3,000 members of a rival tribe.
13. A concubine raped and dismembered.
In Judges 19:22-29, a mob demands to rape a godly master"s guest. The master offers his daughter and a concubine to them instead. They take the concubine and gang-rape her all night. The master finds her on his doorstep in the morning, cuts her into 12 pieces, and ships the pieces around the country.
14. Child sacrifice.
In Judges 11:30-39, Jephthah burns his daughter alive as a sacrificial offering for God"s favor in killing the Ammonites.
15. God helps Samson kill 30 men because he lost a bet.
In Judges 14:11-19, Samson loses a bet for 30 sets of clothes. The spirit of God comes upon him and he kills 30 men to steal their clothes and pay off the debt.
16. God demands you kill your wife and children for worshiping other gods.
In Deuteronomy 13:6-10, God commands that you must kill your wife, children, brother, and friend if they worship other gods.
17. God incinerates 51 men to make a point.
In 2 Kings 1:9-10, Elijah gets God to burn 51 men with fire from heaven to prove he is God.
18. God kills a man for not impregnating his brother"s widow.
In Genesis 38:9-10, God kills a man for refusing to impregnate his brother"s widow.
19. God threatens forced cannibalism.
In Leviticus 26:27-29 and Jeremiah 19:9, God threatens to punish the Israelites by making them eat their own children.
20. The coming slaughter.
According to Revelation 9:7-19, God"s got more evil coming. God will make horse-like locusts with human heads and scorpion tails, who torture people for 5 months. Then some angels will kill a third of the earth"s population. If he came today, that would be 2 billion people.
- See more at: http://commonsenseatheism.com...
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 9:52:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/18/2015 12:17:19 AM, PLEASESTOPLYING wrote:
At 1/14/2015 3:40:04 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 1/14/2015 7:06:18 AM, IRONHIDE wrote:
Is it this ? ""And he [Christ] is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our sins only, but also for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD" (I John 2:2).

OR this ?""And he [Christ] CAN BE the propitiation for our sins IF WE CHOOSE TO LET HIM BE: and not for our sins only, but also for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD IF THE REST OF THE WORLD ALLOWS HIM TO BE" (MAN 2:2).

Is it this ? "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself a ransom for ALL to be testified in due time" (I Tim. 2:5-6).

OR this ? ""For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself a ransom for ALL WHO WILL GIVE HIM PERMISSION to be DETERMINED in due time" (MAN 2:5-6).

Is it this ? "For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who IS the savior of all men" (I Tim. 4:10).

Or this ? "For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who HAS THE POTINTUAL TO BE the savior of all men BUT HE WILL NOT BE" (MAN 4:10).

The Bible can't teach anything because it can't speak or determine whether you're a believer or not.


you are getting there -- just stick with that "nothing" idea and you will eventually bump into reality

It's obvious you're not a chosen believer who listens to Me, your Creator.
Classified
Posts: 251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 6:06:54 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/18/2015 9:07:53 AM, Harikrish wrote:
The bible teaches us that the God of the bible is a bumbling homicidal maniac. Complete list with references.

1. God drowns the whole earth.
In Genesis 7:21-23, God drowns the entire population of the earth: men, women, children, fetuses, and perhaps unicorns. Only a single family survives. In Matthew 24:37-42, gentle Jesus approves of this genocide and plans to repeat it when he returns.
God flooded (not drowned) the earth because of the evil there was in it. The end of the world is going to happen any moment.
2. God kills half a million people.
In 2 Chronicles 13:15-18, God helps the men of Judah kill 500,000 of their fellow Israelites.
Only because they sinned.
3. God slaughters all Egyptian firstborn.
In Exodus 12:29, God the baby-killer slaughters all Egyptian firstborn children and cattle because their king was stubborn.
At that time, God wanted to save the Israelites because they were His chosen people.
4. God kills 14,000 people for complaining that God keeps killing them.
In Numbers 16:41-49, the Israelites complain that God is killing too many of them. So, God sends a plague that kills 14,000 more of them.
Because complaining doesn't help. If somebody gives you something for Christmas, and then you say, I keep receiving this for Christmas it's too boring. That's ungrateful and then nobody likes it.
5. Genocide after genocide after genocide.
In Joshua 6:20-21, God helps the Israelites destroy Jericho, killing "men and women, young and old, cattle, sheep and donkeys." In Deuteronomy 2:32-35, God has the Israelites kill everyone in Heshbon, including children. In Deuteronomy 3:3-7, God has the Israelites do the same to the people of Bashan. In Numbers 31:7-18, the Israelites kill all the Midianites except for the virgins, whom they take as spoils of war. In 1 Samuel 15:1-9, God tells the Israelites to kill all the Amalekites " men, women, children, infants, and their cattle " for something the Amalekites" ancestors had done 400 years earlier.
The Israelites were God's chosen people.
6. God kills 50,000 people for curiosity.
In 1 Samuel 6:19, God kills 50,000 men for peeking into the ark of the covenant. (Newer cosmetic translations count only 70 deaths, but their text notes admit that the best and earliest manuscripts put the number at 50,070.)
The ark of the covenant is sacred. There was also a law written that nobody except the high priest may enter the ark of the covenant. So actually, they broke the law.
7. 3,000 Israelites killed for inventing a god.
In Exodus 32, Moses has climbed Mount Sinai to get the Ten Commandments. The Israelites are bored, so they invent a golden calf god. Moses comes back and God commands him: "Each man strap a sword to his side. Go back and forth through the camp from one end to the other, each killing his brother and friend and neighbor." About 3,000 people died.
Duh! The ten commandments said, 'Thou shalt have no other gods before me.' Even before that, all the people knew that God was the only one that they should worship because they have seen enough evidence that He is God.
8. The Amorites destroyed by sword and by God"s rocks.
In Joshua 10:10-11, God helps the Israelites slaughter the Amorites by sword, then finishes them off with rocks from the sky.
Because they were doing evil in the eyes of the Lord.
9. God burns two cities to death.
In Genesis 19:24, God kills everyone in Sodom and Gomorrah with fire from the sky. Then God kills Lot"s wife for looking back at her burning home.
Oh, that's because all of the people there became gay and God didn't approve of homosexual gayness so he destroyed the two cities.
10. God has 42 children mauled by bears.
In 2 Kings 2:23-24, some kids tease the prophet Elisha, and God sends bears to dismember them. (Newer cosmetic translations say the bears "maul" the children, but the original Hebrew, baqa, means "to tear apart.")
Because they were mocking Elisha. God doesn't like people mocking his prophets who are trying their best to bring others to God.
11. A tribe slaughtered and their virgins raped for not showing up at roll call.
In Judges 21:1-23, a tribe of Israelites misses roll call, so the other Israelites kill them all except for the virgins, which they take for themselves. Still not happy, they hide in vineyards and pounce on dancing women from Shiloh to take them for themselves.
They disobeyed God and were lazy.
12. 3,000 crushed to death.
In Judges 16:27-30, God gives Samson strength to bring down a building to crush 3,000 members of a rival tribe.
Because God didn't like the Philistines because the Philistines mock God and curse Him.
13. A concubine raped and dismembered.
In Judges 19:22-29, a mob demands to rape a godly master"s guest. The master offers his daughter and a concubine to them instead. They take the concubine and gang-rape her all night. The master finds her on his doorstep in the morning, cuts her into 12 pieces, and ships the pieces around the country.
She was dead and the master thought that he was stupid to send his daughter and concubine to the gang.
14. Child sacrifice.
In Judges 11:30-39, Jephthah burns his daughter alive as a sacrificial offering for God"s favor in killing the Ammonites.
Jephthah didn't know that it was his daughter that will come out when he made the vow to God. And of course, he couldn't break his vow.
15. God helps Samson kill 30 men because he lost a bet.
In Judges 14:11-19, Samson loses a bet for 30 sets of clothes. The spirit of God comes upon him and he kills 30 men to steal their clothes and pay off the debt.
Because the people cheated Samson and asked his wife to reveal the secret. They didn't know the answer but they pried the answer from him. Samson said to find out what the riddle meant. So they cheated. You read the Bible wrong.
16. God demands you kill your wife and children for worshiping other gods.
In Deuteronomy 13:6-10, God commands that you must kill your wife, children, brother, and friend if they worship other gods.
That's the old law, since Jesus' death, the laws are changed.
17. God incinerates 51 men to make a point.
In 2 Kings 1:9-10, Elijah gets God to burn 51 men with fire from heaven to prove he is God.
God was willing because he doesn't like evilness.
18. God kills a man for not impregnating his brother"s widow.
In Genesis 38:9-10, God kills a man for refusing to impregnate his brother"s widow.
Because it displeased God. Says so in verse ten.
19. God threatens forced cannibalism.
In Leviticus 26:27-29 and Jeremiah 19:9, God threatens to punish the Israelites by making them eat their own children.
Because the laws of the old are different than the laws of the new.
God just wants them to feel regret for their sin.
20. The coming slaughter.
According to Revelation 9:7-19, God"s got more evil coming. God will make horse-like locusts with human heads and scorpion tails, who torture people for 5 months. Then some angels will kill a third of the earth"s population. If he came today, that would be 2 billion people.
"Who torture people for 5 months."
It should be "who torture people who are sinful for 5 months.
It actually says that the people who are righteous and believe in God as their Saviour will be taken up to heaven and then the plagues will come.
The plagues happen because the people are ignorant and disobedient.

The website doesn't seem to know what it is talking about.
Word of advice: If you want to quote from the Bible, you should understand what it means first. Also to look at the context and look at the characteristics of people and what was happening.
- See more at: http://commonsenseatheism.com...
PLEASESTOPLYING
Posts: 196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 8:08:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/18/2015 9:52:28 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 1/18/2015 12:17:19 AM, PLEASESTOPLYING wrote:
At 1/14/2015 3:40:04 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 1/14/2015 7:06:18 AM, IRONHIDE wrote:
Is it this ? ""And he [Christ] is the propitiation for our sins: and not for our sins only, but also for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD" (I John 2:2).

OR this ?""And he [Christ] CAN BE the propitiation for our sins IF WE CHOOSE TO LET HIM BE: and not for our sins only, but also for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD IF THE REST OF THE WORLD ALLOWS HIM TO BE" (MAN 2:2).

Is it this ? "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself a ransom for ALL to be testified in due time" (I Tim. 2:5-6).

OR this ? ""For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself a ransom for ALL WHO WILL GIVE HIM PERMISSION to be DETERMINED in due time" (MAN 2:5-6).

Is it this ? "For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who IS the savior of all men" (I Tim. 4:10).

Or this ? "For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who HAS THE POTINTUAL TO BE the savior of all men BUT HE WILL NOT BE" (MAN 4:10).

The Bible can't teach anything because it can't speak or determine whether you're a believer or not.


you are getting there -- just stick with that "nothing" idea and you will eventually bump into reality

It's obvious you're not a chosen believer who listens to Me, your Creator.

obviously not
Did anyone ever disprove the existence of ZEUS?