Jump to topic:

God has no religion, why should you?

drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 1:57:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
It is pretty obvious to me that God does not have a religion, or a chosen people. God is not Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Hindu, ect. People have a religion, then fight over who"s religion is better. This is silly, and seems like it would be disappointing to God.

Why do you need a middle man/organization/profit/ect between you and God. Don"t you know you can simply choose to have a direct relationship without all the dogma?
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 2:13:57 PM
At 1/15/2015 1:57:41 PM, drpiek wrote:
It is pretty obvious to me that God does not have a religion, or a chosen people. God is not Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Hindu, ect. People have a religion, then fight over who"s religion is better. This is silly, and seems like it would be disappointing to God.

Why do you need a middle man/organization/profit/ect between you and God. Don"t you know you can simply choose to have a direct relationship without all the dogma?

Well said, why do people have to have religion? I think it's an opportunistic agenda really on the part of the church to maintain itself. And for individual it's a sense of belonging and more than that they are told from a young age that it is necessary. People are literally afraid not to participate. There is horrendous judgement that comes along with nonconformity. It's emotional blackmail.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 3:16:05 PM

we (muslims) saying that to every nation God sent a prophet to them, to worship God alone and void all false deities people created. so every prophet (including Moses Jesus Muhhamed Abraham (pbut)...) was from God but people corrupted and changed their scriptures... and the only one we have intact is the Quran. that is what we believe.... we dont fight about who is better we debate what is the truth and every one has its claims..

if a prophet doesnt show you how to worship God how do you expect to do so? everyone will make up his worships... and we believe God choses some persons (the most righteous persons) to deliver his message to mankind, God wouldnt scream in the sky to evreryone freely.
Never fart near dog
YassineB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 3:20:57 PM

- Well, according to the Qur'an, Islam is the religion of God:

"Indeed, the religion in the sight of Allah is Islam." (3:19)

- & according to Islam, there is no middle man between man & God, in fact, it's categorically prohibited.
Current Debates In Voting Period:

- The Qur'an We Have Today is Not What Muhammad Dictated Verbatim. Vs. @Envisage:
http://www.debate.org...

- Drawing Contest. Vs. @purpleduck:
http://www.debate.org...

"It is perfectly permissible to vote on sources without reading them" bluesteel.
drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2015 3:35:59 PM
At 1/15/2015 3:16:05 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
if a prophet doesnt show you how to worship God how do you expect to do so?

At 1/15/2015 3:20:57 PM, YassineB wrote:
- & according to Islam, there is no middle man between man & God, in fact, it's categorically prohibited.

It seems while you are both Muslim you are saying opposite things. It seems to me that Muhammad is obviously your latest middle man. He who told you what god thinks. I prefer to get my insight directly from the source. In my view, the writings of god are in the sky, a leaf, a rock, but not in any book.
Gabe1e
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 7:25:21 AM
At 1/15/2015 2:13:57 PM, jodybirdy wrote:

Well said, why do people have to have religion? I think it's an opportunistic agenda really on the part of the church to maintain itself. And for individual it's a sense of belonging and more than that they are told from a young age that it is necessary. People are literally afraid not to participate. There is horrendous judgement that comes along with nonconformity. It's emotional blackmail.

Wise words, it boosts morale, but they really have no idea what they are worshipping. Most Christians who I argue with deny that god isn't real, then I ask them for evidence of god and they don't even know a single thing about him. My one friend didn't even know about the "Noah's Ark" story...
Join the DDO group Art of War!
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 2:27:19 PM

The Bible says the same thing.
Impartial
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 2:13:56 PM

More often than not, religious people seem to regurgitate what their parents drilled into them. I've always thought that anyone who 'finds' a God on their own, probably does it to overcompensate for emotional and/or psychological insufficiencies. Organised religion is successful because it is very efficient at manipulating these kinds of people.
To believe is to know nothing.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 2:25:36 PM

Because assuming this god exists, it is not subjective to who this god is. This means that there are no other interpretations and there is nothing to fight over. We humans are unable to experience anything objectively, and we are not god. We have multiple interpretations of a "higher being" because of said lack of objectivity.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...