Total Posts:138|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Life after death is a comfortable fantasy...

Skepticalone
Posts: 6,136
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 8:51:57 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
..and appears to be a concept based in ignorance.

Is there any evidence for life after death (besides anecdotal)? I have been researching this a little due to my debate (see below), and it seems all we have are stories which can be explained by much more common and plausible explanations. Is this belief based on no hard evidence at all? If so,why do we still believe this?

I look forward to your comments.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 8:57:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/16/2015 8:51:57 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
..and appears to be a concept based in ignorance.

Is there any evidence for life after death (besides anecdotal)? I have been researching this a little due to my debate (see below), and it seems all we have are stories which can be explained by much more common and plausible explanations. Is this belief based on no hard evidence at all? If so,why do we still believe this?

I look forward to your comments.

I like your signature by the way, lol.

It shows one ting.

People trust God more than they trust men, lol. I know I do.
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 8:58:59 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/16/2015 8:51:57 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
..and appears to be a concept based in ignorance.

Is there any evidence for life after death (besides anecdotal)? I have been researching this a little due to my debate (see below), and it seems all we have are stories which can be explained by much more common and plausible explanations. Is this belief based on no hard evidence at all? If so,why do we still believe this?

I look forward to your comments.

There is not the slightest bit of credible evidence that any afterlife exists. As far as I am concerned when I die I wish to cease to be.
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 9:00:23 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/16/2015 8:57:46 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/16/2015 8:51:57 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
..and appears to be a concept based in ignorance.

Is there any evidence for life after death (besides anecdotal)? I have been researching this a little due to my debate (see below), and it seems all we have are stories which can be explained by much more common and plausible explanations. Is this belief based on no hard evidence at all? If so,why do we still believe this?

I look forward to your comments.

I like your signature by the way, lol.

It shows one ting.

People trust God more than they trust men, lol. I know I do.

Putting your trust in that unpleasant entity is a BIG mistake, imo.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 9:03:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/16/2015 9:00:23 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 1/16/2015 8:57:46 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/16/2015 8:51:57 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
..and appears to be a concept based in ignorance.

Is there any evidence for life after death (besides anecdotal)? I have been researching this a little due to my debate (see below), and it seems all we have are stories which can be explained by much more common and plausible explanations. Is this belief based on no hard evidence at all? If so,why do we still believe this?

I look forward to your comments.

I like your signature by the way, lol.

It shows one ting.

People trust God more than they trust men, lol. I know I do.

Putting your trust in that unpleasant entity is a BIG mistake, imo.

I suppose it's a good thing that they will never realize how big a mistake since they'll be dead and buried, incapable of thought or feeling. It's a good con, totally untestable yet so many choose to believe it.
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,136
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 9:06:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/16/2015 8:57:46 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/16/2015 8:51:57 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
..and appears to be a concept based in ignorance.

Is there any evidence for life after death (besides anecdotal)? I have been researching this a little due to my debate (see below), and it seems all we have are stories which can be explained by much more common and plausible explanations. Is this belief based on no hard evidence at all? If so,why do we still believe this?

I look forward to your comments.

I like your signature by the way, lol.

It shows one ting.

People trust God more than they trust men, lol. I know I do.

No evidence needed?
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 9:06:27 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/16/2015 8:51:57 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
..and appears to be a concept based in ignorance.

Is there any evidence for life after death (besides anecdotal)? I have been researching this a little due to my debate (see below), and it seems all we have are stories which can be explained by much more common and plausible explanations. Is this belief based on no hard evidence at all? If so,why do we still believe this?

I look forward to your comments.

like yu said it is a comfort.

Look how many cultures worship, or worshipped their ancestors. Everyone likes to think their parents etc. are still watching over them to their benefit.

That is one of the many reasons that the truth of what scripture teaches is unacceptable to many. Scripture doesn"t actually promise life immediately after death.

I does promise that mankind was made to live forever on earth and eventually will do, once this rotten Satanically ruled system has run its time-limited course.

It also promises that those who have lost out or suffered because of this system will get a second chance to learn, on a cleansed earth, without the interference of Satan, by means of a resurrection into the sort of bodies Adam and Eve had before they fell.

That doesn"t satisfy many because they want to go to heaven, where Satanically inspired false teachings tell them their families already are.

People, including Atheists, don"t like the truth, only in the case of the Atheists it"s either because they think they are too clever to believe in someone they can"t see, or have been put off by the lies the churches tell.
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,136
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 9:06:41 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/16/2015 8:58:59 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 1/16/2015 8:51:57 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
..and appears to be a concept based in ignorance.

Is there any evidence for life after death (besides anecdotal)? I have been researching this a little due to my debate (see below), and it seems all we have are stories which can be explained by much more common and plausible explanations. Is this belief based on no hard evidence at all? If so,why do we still believe this?

I look forward to your comments.

There is not the slightest bit of credible evidence that any afterlife exists. As far as I am concerned when I die I wish to cease to be.

That is what I expect as well.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,136
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 9:10:40 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/16/2015 9:06:27 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/16/2015 8:51:57 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
..and appears to be a concept based in ignorance.

Is there any evidence for life after death (besides anecdotal)? I have been researching this a little due to my debate (see below), and it seems all we have are stories which can be explained by much more common and plausible explanations. Is this belief based on no hard evidence at all? If so,why do we still believe this?

I look forward to your comments.

like yu said it is a comfort.

Look how many cultures worship, or worshipped their ancestors. Everyone likes to think their parents etc. are still watching over them to their benefit.

That is one of the many reasons that the truth of what scripture teaches is unacceptable to many. Scripture doesn"t actually promise life immediately after death.

I does promise that mankind was made to live forever on earth and eventually will do, once this rotten Satanically ruled system has run its time-limited course.

It also promises that those who have lost out or suffered because of this system will get a second chance to learn, on a cleansed earth, without the interference of Satan, by means of a resurrection into the sort of bodies Adam and Eve had before they fell.

That doesn"t satisfy many because they want to go to heaven, where Satanically inspired false teachings tell them their families already are.

People, including Atheists, don"t like the truth, only in the case of the Atheists it"s either because they think they are too clever to believe in someone they can"t see, or have been put off by the lies the churches tell.

You're kind of rambling there. Is there any evidence for life after death?
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 9:16:50 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/16/2015 9:06:27 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/16/2015 8:51:57 AM, Skepticalone wrote:
..and appears to be a concept based in ignorance.

Is there any evidence for life after death (besides anecdotal)? I have been researching this a little due to my debate (see below), and it seems all we have are stories which can be explained by much more common and plausible explanations. Is this belief based on no hard evidence at all? If so,why do we still believe this?

I look forward to your comments.

like yu said it is a comfort.

Look how many cultures worship, or worshipped their ancestors. Everyone likes to think their parents etc. are still watching over them to their benefit.

That is one of the many reasons that the truth of what scripture teaches is unacceptable to many. Scripture doesn"t actually promise life immediately after death.

I does promise that mankind was made to live forever on earth and eventually will do, once this rotten Satanically ruled system has run its time-limited course.

It also promises that those who have lost out or suffered because of this system will get a second chance to learn, on a cleansed earth, without the interference of Satan, by means of a resurrection into the sort of bodies Adam and Eve had before they fell.

That doesn"t satisfy many because they want to go to heaven, where Satanically inspired false teachings tell them their families already are.

People, including Atheists, don"t like the truth, only in the case of the Atheists it"s either because they think they are too clever to believe in someone they can"t see, or have been put off by the lies the churches tell.

No, we're simply unconvinced of the existence of any deity or afterlife due to a total lack of valid evidence. Your deity is nothing special, just like Zeus, Odin, Brahma, Ra, Qetzlcoatl, or any of the other gods who have populated human imagination. The concept got traction because it was useful to a ruling class and it was proselytized extensively solely for the benefit of that organization. All of your philosophies are without factual basis, therefore meaningless in any real sense.
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,927
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 10:04:26 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Life after death seems like it is entailed by theism (what I mean by that is that God is perfectly good, powerful, and knowledgeable) because theism implies there are no unjustified evils (i.e. there are no evils/suffering from evil that not compensated for or recovered from or that are not defeated). If it does not happen in this world, then it must happen in the next.

So, I think once the implications of theism are teased out, one should also believe in life after death if one is a theist in my sense.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,927
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 10:07:59 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
It's comforting in one sense but it can also not be comforting in another sense. After all, one or one's loved ones may be subject to post mortem punishment. That isn't a very pleasant thought. So, at MOST, your explanation can only be a partial explanation, not a full one.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 10:08:22 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/16/2015 9:35:02 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
NDE's of an afterlife would be considered legally acceptable evidence.

As well as physician's explanations of why these hallucinations occurred in rebuttal.
AnDoctuir
Posts: 11,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 10:10:01 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Death is not known a priori, it is learned. Really, it's that death is still in question, not that life is projected beyond it.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 10:12:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/16/2015 10:10:01 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Death is not known a priori, it is learned. Really, it's that death is still in question, not that life is projected beyond it.

Death is the cessation of life and has been clearly defined for a long time. How is death in question and what evidence to you have that life projects beyond it?
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,927
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 10:13:12 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/16/2015 10:08:22 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 1/16/2015 9:35:02 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
NDE's of an afterlife would be considered legally acceptable evidence.

As well as physician's explanations of why these hallucinations occurred in rebuttal.

Not if these physicians' explanations aren't good - as in, these experiences don't cohere well with known features of hallucinations.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 10:13:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/16/2015 9:35:02 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
NDE's of an afterlife would be considered legally acceptable evidence.

Why?
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 10:16:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/16/2015 10:13:12 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 1/16/2015 10:08:22 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 1/16/2015 9:35:02 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
NDE's of an afterlife would be considered legally acceptable evidence.

As well as physician's explanations of why these hallucinations occurred in rebuttal.

Not if these physicians' explanations aren't good - as in, these experiences don't cohere well with known features of hallucinations.

Still more reliable than the testimony of a person who was suffering a lethal injury or illness. Some hallucinations can be so vivid that the sufferer cannot differentiate them from reality. Please show sources that support your contention and I'll find some to support mine.
AnDoctuir
Posts: 11,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 10:17:09 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/16/2015 10:12:25 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 1/16/2015 10:10:01 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Death is not known a priori, it is learned. Really, it's that death is still in question, not that life is projected beyond it.

Death is the cessation of life and has been clearly defined for a long time. How is death in question and what evidence to you have that life projects beyond it?

You didn't even understand what I wrote. I'm saying that we are born as God might have been - of the infinite - and that we know not death until we learn of the death of the flesh. But what is the death of the flesh? Have you experienced it? And so death remains in question - a mystery just as life itself is. And so notions of life after death are not insensible. Heck, what is? In this existence born out of the infinitely insensible.
AnDoctuir
Posts: 11,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 10:20:15 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Death, ignorant as we the living are to it, might be seen as just a waypoint in the constancy that is life. So life is not projected beyond death, but rather death remains in question.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 10:22:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/16/2015 10:17:09 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 1/16/2015 10:12:25 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 1/16/2015 10:10:01 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Death is not known a priori, it is learned. Really, it's that death is still in question, not that life is projected beyond it.

Death is the cessation of life and has been clearly defined for a long time. How is death in question and what evidence to you have that life projects beyond it?

You didn't even understand what I wrote. I'm saying that we are born as God might have been - of the infinite - and that we know not death until we learn of the death of the flesh. But what is the death of the flesh? Have you experienced it? And so death remains in question - a mystery just as life itself is. And so notions of life after death are not insensible. Heck, what is? In this existence born out of the infinitely insensible.

Nice word salad, totally void of any meaning. We are not born of anything infinite, we are born from the flesh of our mothers amidst her suffering and pain. Mothers deserve a lot more love and respect than any mythical deity.

Have I personally died? No. Have I known people who died? Yes. Have I witnessed death first hand? Only in the animals on the farms I lived on as a child and young man. I've seen life leave a body, if not a human one.

The notion of life after death is nonsense. It has to virtue, no tangible, testable evidence, All the philosophizing and pondering it won't change any of that.
AnDoctuir
Posts: 11,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 10:25:24 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/16/2015 10:22:36 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 1/16/2015 10:17:09 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 1/16/2015 10:12:25 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 1/16/2015 10:10:01 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Death is not known a priori, it is learned. Really, it's that death is still in question, not that life is projected beyond it.

Death is the cessation of life and has been clearly defined for a long time. How is death in question and what evidence to you have that life projects beyond it?

You didn't even understand what I wrote. I'm saying that we are born as God might have been - of the infinite - and that we know not death until we learn of the death of the flesh. But what is the death of the flesh? Have you experienced it? And so death remains in question - a mystery just as life itself is. And so notions of life after death are not insensible. Heck, what is? In this existence born out of the infinitely insensible.

Nice word salad, totally void of any meaning. We are not born of anything infinite, we are born from the flesh of our mothers amidst her suffering and pain. Mothers deserve a lot more love and respect than any mythical deity.

Have I personally died? No. Have I known people who died? Yes. Have I witnessed death first hand? Only in the animals on the farms I lived on as a child and young man. I've seen life leave a body, if not a human one.

The notion of life after death is nonsense. It has to virtue, no tangible, testable evidence, All the philosophizing and pondering it won't change any of that.

Way to sperg over nothing bro. And I love my mother dearly, if you're implying I don't. I actually don't like the idea of her ceasing to exist, though, which does seem something taken partly on faith. Different strokes for different folks I suppose.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 10:30:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/16/2015 10:25:24 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 1/16/2015 10:22:36 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 1/16/2015 10:17:09 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 1/16/2015 10:12:25 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 1/16/2015 10:10:01 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Death is not known a priori, it is learned. Really, it's that death is still in question, not that life is projected beyond it.

Death is the cessation of life and has been clearly defined for a long time. How is death in question and what evidence to you have that life projects beyond it?

You didn't even understand what I wrote. I'm saying that we are born as God might have been - of the infinite - and that we know not death until we learn of the death of the flesh. But what is the death of the flesh? Have you experienced it? And so death remains in question - a mystery just as life itself is. And so notions of life after death are not insensible. Heck, what is? In this existence born out of the infinitely insensible.

Nice word salad, totally void of any meaning. We are not born of anything infinite, we are born from the flesh of our mothers amidst her suffering and pain. Mothers deserve a lot more love and respect than any mythical deity.

Have I personally died? No. Have I known people who died? Yes. Have I witnessed death first hand? Only in the animals on the farms I lived on as a child and young man. I've seen life leave a body, if not a human one.

The notion of life after death is nonsense. It has to virtue, no tangible, testable evidence, All the philosophizing and pondering it won't change any of that.

Way to sperg over nothing bro. And I love my mother dearly, if you're implying I don't. I actually don't like the idea of her ceasing to exist, though, which does seem something taken partly on faith. Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

No, I did not mean to imply that you did not love your mother and I apologize if it came across that way. I was just emphasizing that the body of our mothers is where we come from, not some vague 'infinite'.

I don't like the thought of any of my family ceasing to exist either. Death is not something that most people look forward to but it will happen. That's the fact. There are no facts to support the concept of another life after this one ends. We return to the same state as before we were born. Best to accept the facts rather than try to ignore them.
AnDoctuir
Posts: 11,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 10:32:23 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/16/2015 10:30:39 AM, dhardage wrote:
No, I did not mean to imply that you did not love your mother and I apologize if it came across that way. I was just emphasizing that the body of our mothers is where we come from, not some vague 'infinite'.

I don't like the thought of any of my family ceasing to exist either. Death is not something that most people look forward to but it will happen. That's the fact. There are no facts to support the concept of another life after this one ends. We return to the same state as before we were born. Best to accept the facts rather than try to ignore them.

Different strokes for different folks I suppose. I'm gonna hold out on hope if you don't mind. ;)
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 10:33:26 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/16/2015 10:32:23 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 1/16/2015 10:30:39 AM, dhardage wrote:
No, I did not mean to imply that you did not love your mother and I apologize if it came across that way. I was just emphasizing that the body of our mothers is where we come from, not some vague 'infinite'.

I don't like the thought of any of my family ceasing to exist either. Death is not something that most people look forward to but it will happen. That's the fact. There are no facts to support the concept of another life after this one ends. We return to the same state as before we were born. Best to accept the facts rather than try to ignore them.

Different strokes for different folks I suppose. I'm gonna hold out on hope if you don't mind. ;)

As is your right and privilege. I would never oppose a person's right to believe what they wish.
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,927
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 10:34:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/16/2015 10:16:04 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 1/16/2015 10:13:12 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 1/16/2015 10:08:22 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 1/16/2015 9:35:02 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
NDE's of an afterlife would be considered legally acceptable evidence.

As well as physician's explanations of why these hallucinations occurred in rebuttal.

Not if these physicians' explanations aren't good - as in, these experiences don't cohere well with known features of hallucinations.

Still more reliable than the testimony of a person who was suffering a lethal injury or illness. Some hallucinations can be so vivid that the sufferer cannot differentiate them from reality. Please show sources that support your contention and I'll find some to support mine.

I never said anything one way or the other about the validity ofz88;NDE's, I withhold judgement on them until I actually research more thouroughly. I was just making a point.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
AnDoctuir
Posts: 11,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 10:34:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/16/2015 10:33:26 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 1/16/2015 10:32:23 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 1/16/2015 10:30:39 AM, dhardage wrote:
No, I did not mean to imply that you did not love your mother and I apologize if it came across that way. I was just emphasizing that the body of our mothers is where we come from, not some vague 'infinite'.

I don't like the thought of any of my family ceasing to exist either. Death is not something that most people look forward to but it will happen. That's the fact. There are no facts to support the concept of another life after this one ends. We return to the same state as before we were born. Best to accept the facts rather than try to ignore them.

Different strokes for different folks I suppose. I'm gonna hold out on hope if you don't mind. ;)

As is your right and privilege. I would never oppose a person's right to believe what they wish.

Cheers, mate. Nor I. Not unless they were being a cunt about it anyway.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 10:37:00 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/16/2015 10:34:36 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 1/16/2015 10:16:04 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 1/16/2015 10:13:12 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 1/16/2015 10:08:22 AM, dhardage wrote:
At 1/16/2015 9:35:02 AM, Benshapiro wrote:
NDE's of an afterlife would be considered legally acceptable evidence.

As well as physician's explanations of why these hallucinations occurred in rebuttal.

Not if these physicians' explanations aren't good - as in, these experiences don't cohere well with known features of hallucinations.

Still more reliable than the testimony of a person who was suffering a lethal injury or illness. Some hallucinations can be so vivid that the sufferer cannot differentiate them from reality. Please show sources that support your contention and I'll find some to support mine.

I never said anything one way or the other about the validity ofz88;NDE's, I withhold judgement on them until I actually research more thouroughly. I was just making a point.

I understand that and I was providing counterpoint. If you are not sure something is reliable you should not express it as valid evidence, however. That in itself negates your point from the outset.
AnDoctuir
Posts: 11,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 10:41:46 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Actually, death becomes quite the fantasy for people, too, by the way.

"Yes, death. Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no to-morrow. To forget time, to forget life, to be at peace. You can help me. You can open for me the portals of death's house, for love is always with you, and love is stronger than death is." -- Oscar Wilde

Curious quote that one, though. ;)