Total Posts:14|Showing Posts:1-14
Jump to topic:

Do you think Satanism should be a religion?

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 1:47:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Feel free to say whatever you feel. May I just say that I think it should not be. Do not ask me to provide reasons, I am making this to see how people react.
Suh dude

"Because we all know who the most important snowflake in the wasteland is... It's YOU, champ! You're a special snowflake." -Vaarka, 01:30 in the hangouts

"Screw laying siege to Korea. That usually takes an hour or so." -Vaarka

"Crap, what is my religion again?" -Vaarka

I'm Rick Harrison and this is my pawn shop. I work here with my old man and my son, Big Hoss, and in 23 years I've learned one thing. You never know what is gonna come through that door.
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 1:57:59 PM
At 1/16/2015 1:47:38 PM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
Feel free to say whatever you feel. May I just say that I think it should not be. Do not ask me to provide reasons, I am making this to see how people react.

I think it is a religion. It's based on the Satan created by religious doctrine. And in the area where I live there are actually Satanic meetings, rituals, and churches. No one likes them because their rituals are said to be of the nasty variety, but I have no direct knowledge of what it is they do. I do know they call themselves the Satanic Church... so yeah. It's a religion.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 2:52:09 PM

It already is a religion
http://churchofsatan.com...
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 4:24:48 PM

You refering to the athiest group, lavey satanist?
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 4:45:55 PM
LaVey Satanists or anti-Christian Satanists?

Depending on which one depends on the answer.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 4:46:18 PM
At 1/16/2015 4:45:55 PM, SNP1 wrote:
LaVey Satanists or anti-Christian Satanists?

Depending on which one [determines] the answer.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
Madeline1698
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2015 9:40:34 PM

Satanism is a religion.
Be kind and fair.
IntellectVsSpirit5000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2015 9:52:23 PM

I believe in the freedom of religion and freedom of speech. If an individual does something that infringes on others' basic, fundamental rights, whether based on religion or not, they should be in jail or prison depending on the crime. This is why I am nota fan of Islam. Islam stands against the Constitution of the United States which defends basic freedoms including religion or lack thereof. The punishments for apostacy(leaving the faith), homosexuality, adultery, etc. are "death". It's unethical, blatantly stands against basic freedoms, and deals out an unreasonable and illegal(In civilized cultures)penalty. If Muslim kills someone, prison, whether religious or not. The same goes for Satanists and even Christians like myself. If Satanists worship without murdering or doing illegal events, there is nothing I can do or say. If they break the law to fulfill religious obligations, it is not okay.
UniversalTheologian
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2015 11:01:50 PM
Satanism is self worship. It is a manner of operating that stems from pride.

This is actually something that is widely perpetuated, especially in American culture.
"There are trivial truths and the great truths. The opposite of a trivial truth is plainly false. The opposite of a great truth is also true." ~ Niels Bohr

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident." ~ Arthur Schopenhauer
Reasonslap
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 1:32:42 AM

I say it should. A religion is basically a collection of beliefs and cultural systems trying to correlate humanity to the universe. Satanism is just another branch of this.
thethrone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 3:51:39 AM
Feel free to say whatever you feel. May I just say that I think it should not be. Do not ask me to provide reasons, I am making this to see how people react. : :

Satanism is exactly like all the other pagan religions like Judaism, Christianity and Islam.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 8:11:59 AM
As there is no evidence any god exists, Satanism is just as 'credible' as any of the other religions.
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2015 8:39:04 AM

Sure, I dont see any element in satanism that would prevent it from being a religion. Moreover I have a satanist friend that is a pretty cool guy so...