Total Posts:76|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why do people hate God?

LifeMeansGodIsGood
Posts: 2,744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 3:48:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Of course, atheists will say it is not possible to hate God because there is no God to hate. Then they will say they don't hate me for saying God loves them, they only feel harassed be being told that God loves them so the must reply with mockeries and insults.

But really, why do people hate God? Is it not because the are afraid it is not possible for God to love them due to their own personal knowledge of their own personal history?

Nobody's personal history is worst than mine. I know I deserve to die and burn in Hell for offenses agaisnt God much less than what I have done throughout my lifetime. The following list of things you may have done, I have done many times. I'm sure you are a wonderful person and have not done nearly as much wrong as I have done, but I know you have done enough wrong that you need God's love. If you won't believe God loves you, you will never have what you need, you will never truly be satisfied, no matter how much you insult and harass me and no matter how many times you say God is not there....you will never be satisfied if you will not believe God loves you. I am satisfied to know God loves me. It is more than satisfying to know God loves me.....it is soothing, calming, empowering, wonderful......to know the height, and depth, and breadth of God's love is a never ending wonder......how God could love a wicked man like me.....How can God love me? Amazing knowing God loves me when I know I deserve to die and burn in Hell.

If you have hatred in your heart toward another person, God sees your hatred as murder. If you look on a woman with lust in your heart, you have committed adultery with her in your heart and God sees you as an adulterer. If you have desired to possess things that do not belong to you wiithout earning them, in your heart you are a thief and God sees you as such. God loves you still and He wants you to trust Him and be saved from Hell.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 3:52:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Allow me to reiterate. I and all the agnostics and atheists I know don't hate God. We don't acknowledge the existence of such a being so it is impossible to hate him. Can you grasp that simple concept?
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 3:56:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/16/2015 3:48:51 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
Of course, atheists will say it is not possible to hate God because there is no God to hate. Then they will say they don't hate me for saying God loves them, they only feel harassed be being told that God loves them so the must reply with mockeries and insults.

But really, why do people hate God? Is it not because the are afraid it is not possible for God to love them due to their own personal knowledge of their own personal history?

Nobody's personal history is worst than mine. I know I deserve to die and burn in Hell for offenses agaisnt God much less than what I have done throughout my lifetime. The following list of things you may have done, I have done many times. I'm sure you are a wonderful person and have not done nearly as much wrong as I have done, but I know you have done enough wrong that you need God's love. If you won't believe God loves you, you will never have what you need, you will never truly be satisfied, no matter how much you insult and harass me and no matter how many times you say God is not there....you will never be satisfied if you will not believe God loves you. I am satisfied to know God loves me. It is more than satisfying to know God loves me.....it is soothing, calming, empowering, wonderful......to know the height, and depth, and breadth of God's love is a never ending wonder......how God could love a wicked man like me.....How can God love me? Amazing knowing God loves me when I know I deserve to die and burn in Hell.

If you have hatred in your heart toward another person, God sees your hatred as murder. If you look on a woman with lust in your heart, you have committed adultery with her in your heart and God sees you as an adulterer. If you have desired to possess things that do not belong to you wiithout earning them, in your heart you are a thief and God sees you as such. God loves you still and He wants you to trust Him and be saved from Hell.

People hate because God put hatred in their hearts. Jesus was the test and the Jews crucified him.....it worked!!!

Matthew 10:35 For I have come to turn " 'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law--
36 a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.'
37 "Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me;

Any wonder why they beat the crap out of Jesus and then crucified him. As you sow so shall you reap. Jesus sowed hatred, he reaped hatred.
LostintheEcho1498
Posts: 234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 4:24:47 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/16/2015 3:56:22 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 1/16/2015 3:48:51 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
Of course, atheists will say it is not possible to hate God because there is no God to hate. Then they will say they don't hate me for saying God loves them, they only feel harassed be being told that God loves them so the must reply with mockeries and insults.

But really, why do people hate God? Is it not because the are afraid it is not possible for God to love them due to their own personal knowledge of their own personal history?

Nobody's personal history is worst than mine. I know I deserve to die and burn in Hell for offenses agaisnt God much less than what I have done throughout my lifetime. The following list of things you may have done, I have done many times. I'm sure you are a wonderful person and have not done nearly as much wrong as I have done, but I know you have done enough wrong that you need God's love. If you won't believe God loves you, you will never have what you need, you will never truly be satisfied, no matter how much you insult and harass me and no matter how many times you say God is not there....you will never be satisfied if you will not believe God loves you. I am satisfied to know God loves me. It is more than satisfying to know God loves me.....it is soothing, calming, empowering, wonderful......to know the height, and depth, and breadth of God's love is a never ending wonder......how God could love a wicked man like me.....How can God love me? Amazing knowing God loves me when I know I deserve to die and burn in Hell.

If you have hatred in your heart toward another person, God sees your hatred as murder. If you look on a woman with lust in your heart, you have committed adultery with her in your heart and God sees you as an adulterer. If you have desired to possess things that do not belong to you wiithout earning them, in your heart you are a thief and God sees you as such. God loves you still and He wants you to trust Him and be saved from Hell.

People hate because God put hatred in their hearts. Jesus was the test and the Jews crucified him.....it worked!!!

Matthew 10:35 For I have come to turn " 'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law--
36 a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.'
37 "Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me;

Any wonder why they beat the crap out of Jesus and then crucified him. As you sow so shall you reap. Jesus sowed hatred, he reaped hatred.

Your quote there starts off with your own words...try reading the whole thing instead of putting your words in the Bible. As for feeling the love, I don't have much issue. We should love God with all our being as well as our family. Why people would hate God is mainly for two reasons I see.

1. People hate religious people and so interpret this hate of the people toward God.

2. People have a loss of some kind or see wrong in the world and wonder why God doesn't fix it.

That is mainly my experience.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 4:30:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/16/2015 4:24:47 PM, LostintheEcho1498 wrote:
At 1/16/2015 3:56:22 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 1/16/2015 3:48:51 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
Of course, atheists will say it is not possible to hate God because there is no God to hate. Then they will say they don't hate me for saying God loves them, they only feel harassed be being told that God loves them so the must reply with mockeries and insults.

But really, why do people hate God? Is it not because the are afraid it is not possible for God to love them due to their own personal knowledge of their own personal history?

Nobody's personal history is worst than mine. I know I deserve to die and burn in Hell for offenses agaisnt God much less than what I have done throughout my lifetime. The following list of things you may have done, I have done many times. I'm sure you are a wonderful person and have not done nearly as much wrong as I have done, but I know you have done enough wrong that you need God's love. If you won't believe God loves you, you will never have what you need, you will never truly be satisfied, no matter how much you insult and harass me and no matter how many times you say God is not there....you will never be satisfied if you will not believe God loves you. I am satisfied to know God loves me. It is more than satisfying to know God loves me.....it is soothing, calming, empowering, wonderful......to know the height, and depth, and breadth of God's love is a never ending wonder......how God could love a wicked man like me.....How can God love me? Amazing knowing God loves me when I know I deserve to die and burn in Hell.

If you have hatred in your heart toward another person, God sees your hatred as murder. If you look on a woman with lust in your heart, you have committed adultery with her in your heart and God sees you as an adulterer. If you have desired to possess things that do not belong to you wiithout earning them, in your heart you are a thief and God sees you as such. God loves you still and He wants you to trust Him and be saved from Hell.

People hate because God put hatred in their hearts. Jesus was the test and the Jews crucified him.....it worked!!!

Matthew 10:35 For I have come to turn " 'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law--
36 a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.'
37 "Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me;

Any wonder why they beat the crap out of Jesus and then crucified him. As you sow so shall you reap. Jesus sowed hatred, he reaped hatred.

Your quote there starts off with your own words...try reading the whole thing instead of putting your words in the Bible. As for feeling the love, I don't have much issue. We should love God with all our being as well as our family. Why people would hate God is mainly for two reasons I see.

1. People hate religious people and so interpret this hate of the people toward God.

2. People have a loss of some kind or see wrong in the world and wonder why God doesn't fix it.

That is mainly my experience.

Until you can say you are a mind reader, you should really refrain from making statements about people you do not know. That is a level of hubris that no one should rise to.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 4:41:00 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/16/2015 4:24:47 PM, LostintheEcho1498 wrote:
At 1/16/2015 3:56:22 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 1/16/2015 3:48:51 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
Of course, atheists will say it is not possible to hate God because there is no God to hate. Then they will say they don't hate me for saying God loves them, they only feel harassed be being told that God loves them so the must reply with mockeries and insults.

But really, why do people hate God? Is it not because the are afraid it is not possible for God to love them due to their own personal knowledge of their own personal history?

Nobody's personal history is worst than mine. I know I deserve to die and burn in Hell for offenses agaisnt God much less than what I have done throughout my lifetime. The following list of things you may have done, I have done many times. I'm sure you are a wonderful person and have not done nearly as much wrong as I have done, but I know you have done enough wrong that you need God's love. If you won't believe God loves you, you will never have what you need, you will never truly be satisfied, no matter how much you insult and harass me and no matter how many times you say God is not there....you will never be satisfied if you will not believe God loves you. I am satisfied to know God loves me. It is more than satisfying to know God loves me.....it is soothing, calming, empowering, wonderful......to know the height, and depth, and breadth of God's love is a never ending wonder......how God could love a wicked man like me.....How can God love me? Amazing knowing God loves me when I know I deserve to die and burn in Hell.

If you have hatred in your heart toward another person, God sees your hatred as murder. If you look on a woman with lust in your heart, you have committed adultery with her in your heart and God sees you as an adulterer. If you have desired to possess things that do not belong to you wiithout earning them, in your heart you are a thief and God sees you as such. God loves you still and He wants you to trust Him and be saved from Hell.

People hate because God put hatred in their hearts. Jesus was the test and the Jews crucified him.....it worked!!!

Matthew 10:35 For I have come to turn " 'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law--
36 a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.'
37 "Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me;

Any wonder why they beat the crap out of Jesus and then crucified him. As you sow so shall you reap. Jesus sowed hatred, he reaped hatred.

Your quote there starts off with your own words...try reading the whole thing instead of putting your words in the Bible. As for feeling the love, I don't have much issue. We should love God with all our being as well as our family. Why people would hate God is mainly for two reasons I see.

1. People hate religious people and so interpret this hate of the people toward God.

2. People have a loss of some kind or see wrong in the world and wonder why God doesn't fix it.

That is mainly my experience.
The verses are straight from the NIV bible and not my words. It clearly reads Jesus was sent to sow hatred and division. And as a man sows so shall he reap. The Jews beat the crap out of Jesus and then crucified him. Jesus was sent with the wrong message and strategy. I reap the verses copied fresh from the NIV bible.

Matthew10:35 For I have come to turn " 'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law--
36 a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.'
37 "Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me;
38 and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 4:54:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
The "hate" of God from what I have seen is mostly the concept of God presented by humans and how "God/religion" is used to justify that which can't be justified through reason and evidence.

I have heard it implied that God takes a deep concern when a woman has an abortion, such a concern that it will throw such a woman into a never ending lake of fire for doing so. It's murder and God sure does love the little children.

The same God who watches children die everyday and doesn't seem to bothered by it.

But here is the thing I have seen enough of your posts is that your just parroting christian talking points, start thinking stop preaching.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 4:59:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/16/2015 4:54:06 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
The "hate" of God from what I have seen is mostly the concept of God presented by humans and how "God/religion" is used to justify that which can't be justified through reason and evidence.

I have heard it implied that God takes a deep concern when a woman has an abortion, such a concern that it will throw such a woman into a never ending lake of fire for doing so. It's murder and God sure does love the little children.

The same God who watches children die everyday and doesn't seem to bothered by it.

But here is the thing I have seen enough of your posts is that your just parroting christian talking points, start thinking stop preaching.
Christians only believe what is written in the bible. If you do not know what the contradictions and controversies are in the bible. You might as well be talking evolution and science to them. To them that is all made made knowledge and inferior to Gods word.
mrsatan
Posts: 418
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 5:28:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/16/2015 3:48:51 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:

If you have hatred in your heart toward another person, God sees your hatred as murder. If you look on a woman with lust in your heart, you have committed adultery with her in your heart and God sees you as an adulterer. If you have desired to possess things that do not belong to you wiithout earning them, in your heart you are a thief and God sees you as such. God loves you still and He wants you to trust Him and be saved from Hell.

If these things are true, then God is an idiot.
To say one has free will, to have chosen other than they did, is to say they have will over their will... Will over the will they have over their will... Will over the will they have over the will they have over their will, etc... It's utter nonsense.
jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 5:33:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/16/2015 3:52:50 PM, dhardage wrote:
Allow me to reiterate. I and all the agnostics and atheists I know don't hate God. We don't acknowledge the existence of such a being so it is impossible to hate him. Can you grasp that simple concept?

This^
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
KafkaF
Posts: 103
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 5:40:31 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/16/2015 3:48:51 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
Of course, atheists will say it is not possible to hate God because there is no God to hate. Then they will say they don't hate me for saying God loves them, they only feel harassed be being told that God loves them so the must reply with mockeries and insults.

If an atheist says that they hate/dislike God, it should be assumed that they dislike the concept of God.

But really, why do people hate God? Is it not because the are afraid it is not possible for God to love them due to their own personal knowledge of their own personal history?

People 'hate' the concept of God both because of 'God' being represented as a being with several characteristics that are commonly recognised as negative, and the fact that this being was and is being used as an excuse for actions that negatively affect society.

Nobody's personal history is worst than mine. I know I deserve to die and burn in Hell for offenses agaisnt God much less than what I have done throughout my lifetime. The following list of things you may have done, I have done many times. I'm sure you are a wonderful person and have not done nearly as much wrong as I have done, but I know you have done enough wrong that you need God's love.

If you want to be so harsh on yourself, so be it. However, do you really think that your actions have warranted you to be suffering eternally, or really to be suffering at all? Placing aside all of the 'bad' things that you have done, think about the positive things that you have done for society and other people. Taking these things in to account, do you still believe that it would be fair to give you an infinite punishment?

If you won't believe God loves you, you will never have what you need, you will never truly be satisfied, no matter how much you insult and harass me and no matter how many times you say God is not there....you will never be satisfied if you will not believe God loves you.

I disagree. Apart from myself, I know many people who are not religious at all yet seem to have achieved happiness in their life.

I am satisfied to know God loves me. It is more than satisfying to know God loves me.....it is soothing, calming, empowering, wonderful......to know the height, and depth, and breadth of God's love is a never ending wonder......how God could love a wicked man like me.....How can God love me? Amazing knowing God loves me when I know I deserve to die and burn in Hell.

Do you really believe that you are 'wicked' enough to deserve infinite punishment? If so, why?

If you look on a woman with lust in your heart, you have committed adultery with her in your heart and God sees you as an adulterer.

OT question - What if she is your spouse?
Electric-Eccentric
Posts: 1,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 5:45:18 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
"Why do people hate God?"

EE:
Those that can't LOVE themselves with unconditional LOVE, can't LOVE others more so then they can LOVE themselves.

If a person chooses to try and believe in a God, they will treat that God with the same level of LOVE and respect that they do to themselves.

Those that choose to be of the many that require BOXES to place their concepts of God and such in and they also require a pigeonhole to try and place themselves in.

The NORMAL society as a overall whole has been, is being and will be PROGRAMED for maximum profit potential and best worldly control.

It's all about the MONEY and what most people will choose to believe or not believe.

Look at the world of gambling. Most are LOSERS just day dreaming of being the BIG winner.

So back to:
"Why do people hate God?"

Because they hate themselves....
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
dee-em
Posts: 6,447
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 7:13:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/16/2015 3:48:51 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
Of course, atheists will say it is not possible to hate God because there is no God to hate. Then they will say they don't hate me for saying God loves them, they only feel harassed be being told that God loves them so the must reply with mockeries and insults.

Here LMGIG shows us that he has read and understood the atheist position.

But really, why do people hate God? Is it not because the are afraid it is not possible for God to love them due to their own personal knowledge of their own personal history?

Then he proceeds to blithely ignore what atheists are telling him to pursue his blinkered agenda regardless. What can one say to such obsession?
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Posts: 2,744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 7:35:41 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/16/2015 4:24:47 PM, LostintheEcho1498 wrote:
At 1/16/2015 3:56:22 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 1/16/2015 3:48:51 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
Of course, atheists will say it is not possible to hate God because there is no God to hate. Then they will say they don't hate me for saying God loves them, they only feel harassed be being told that God loves them so the must reply with mockeries and insults.

But really, why do people hate God? Is it not because the are afraid it is not possible for God to love them due to their own personal knowledge of their own personal history?

Nobody's personal history is worst than mine. I know I deserve to die and burn in Hell for offenses agaisnt God much less than what I have done throughout my lifetime. The following list of things you may have done, I have done many times. I'm sure you are a wonderful person and have not done nearly as much wrong as I have done, but I know you have done enough wrong that you need God's love. If you won't believe God loves you, you will never have what you need, you will never truly be satisfied, no matter how much you insult and harass me and no matter how many times you say God is not there....you will never be satisfied if you will not believe God loves you. I am satisfied to know God loves me. It is more than satisfying to know God loves me.....it is soothing, calming, empowering, wonderful......to know the height, and depth, and breadth of God's love is a never ending wonder......how God could love a wicked man like me.....How can God love me? Amazing knowing God loves me when I know I deserve to die and burn in Hell.

If you have hatred in your heart toward another person, God sees your hatred as murder. If you look on a woman with lust in your heart, you have committed adultery with her in your heart and God sees you as an adulterer. If you have desired to possess things that do not belong to you wiithout earning them, in your heart you are a thief and God sees you as such. God loves you still and He wants you to trust Him and be saved from Hell.

People hate because God put hatred in their hearts. Jesus was the test and the Jews crucified him.....it worked!!!

Matthew 10:35 For I have come to turn " 'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law--
36 a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.'
37 "Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me;

Any wonder why they beat the crap out of Jesus and then crucified him. As you sow so shall you reap. Jesus sowed hatred, he reaped hatred.

Your quote there starts off with your own words...try reading the whole thing instead of putting your words in the Bible. As for feeling the love, I don't have much issue. We should love God with all our being as well as our family. Why people would hate God is mainly for two reasons I see.

1. People hate religious people and so interpret this hate of the people toward God.

2. People have a loss of some kind or see wrong in the world and wonder why God doesn't fix it.

That is mainly my experience.

Good answer.

God fashions every human heart alike. Knowing God, and knowing ourselves, we can understand other people. I like your second point the best of the two....people like to blame God and accuse Him of not caring about their problems. They fail to see God allows the problems as tools so maybe people will see they need somebody who is bigger than all the problems in the world, and there is no sure hope if He is not there.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Posts: 2,744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 7:37:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/16/2015 7:13:54 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 1/16/2015 3:48:51 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
Of course, atheists will say it is not possible to hate God because there is no God to hate. Then they will say they don't hate me for saying God loves them, they only feel harassed be being told that God loves them so the must reply with mockeries and insults.

Here LMGIG shows us that he has read and understood the atheist position.

But really, why do people hate God? Is it not because the are afraid it is not possible for God to love them due to their own personal knowledge of their own personal history?

Then he proceeds to blithely ignore what atheists are telling him to pursue his blinkered agenda regardless. What can one say to such obsession?

They said "crucify Him" to Jesus. Nothing you can say or do will stop me. The most you can do is send me to be with Jesus.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Posts: 2,744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 7:43:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/16/2015 5:45:18 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
"Why do people hate God?"

EE:
Those that can't LOVE themselves with unconditional LOVE, can't LOVE others more so then they can LOVE themselves.

If a person chooses to try and believe in a God, they will treat that God with the same level of LOVE and respect that they do to themselves.

Those that choose to be of the many that require BOXES to place their concepts of God and such in and they also require a pigeonhole to try and place themselves in.

The NORMAL society as a overall whole has been, is being and will be PROGRAMED for maximum profit potential and best worldly control.

It's all about the MONEY and what most people will choose to believe or not believe.

Look at the world of gambling. Most are LOSERS just day dreaming of being the BIG winner.

So back to:
"Why do people hate God?"

Because they hate themselves....

yeah, they think they are protecting themselves from God because they know they have done wrong and are afraid of God. They don't realize that by trying to protect themselves from God, they are actually hating themselves and opposing themselves....or maybe they do realize what they are doing and really do hate themselves knowingly and they love death thinking death will relieve them from themselves. God loves them still and holds them back from death as long as He can.

Very good answer. The love of the money is the root of all evil. Very good and thought provokng answer.

thank you for your input.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 7:44:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/16/2015 3:48:51 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
Of course, atheists will say it is not possible to hate God because there is no God to hate. Then they will say they don't hate me for saying God loves them, they only feel harassed be being told that God loves them so the must reply with mockeries and insults.

But really, why do people hate God? Is it not because the are afraid it is not possible for God to love them due to their own personal knowledge of their own personal history?

Nobody's personal history is worst than mine. I know I deserve to die and burn in Hell for offenses agaisnt God much less than what I have done throughout my lifetime. The following list of things you may have done, I have done many times. I'm sure you are a wonderful person and have not done nearly as much wrong as I have done, but I know you have done enough wrong that you need God's love. If you won't believe God loves you, you will never have what you need, you will never truly be satisfied, no matter how much you insult and harass me and no matter how many times you say God is not there....you will never be satisfied if you will not believe God loves you. I am satisfied to know God loves me. It is more than satisfying to know God loves me.....it is soothing, calming, empowering, wonderful......to know the height, and depth, and breadth of God's love is a never ending wonder......how God could love a wicked man like me.....How can God love me? Amazing knowing God loves me when I know I deserve to die and burn in Hell.

If you have hatred in your heart toward another person, God sees your hatred as murder. If you look on a woman with lust in your heart, you have committed adultery with her in your heart and God sees you as an adulterer. If you have desired to possess things that do not belong to you wiithout earning them, in your heart you are a thief and God sees you as such. God loves you still and He wants you to trust Him and be saved from Hell.

I think you have this deep need to confess how evil you are and only gods love sustains your continued struggle to continue. I agree you will be better off putting and end to your misery now that you are comfortable with the belief you are saved.
But to preach to people who are very happy with their lives about your own hellish existence is really an attempt to find company.
A church might be a better place if all you are looking for are miserable people who gather together to share their shame and guilt and celebrate their humility and low self-esteem.
dee-em
Posts: 6,447
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 7:45:44 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/16/2015 7:37:42 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
At 1/16/2015 7:13:54 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 1/16/2015 3:48:51 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
Of course, atheists will say it is not possible to hate God because there is no God to hate. Then they will say they don't hate me for saying God loves them, they only feel harassed be being told that God loves them so the must reply with mockeries and insults.

Here LMGIG shows us that he has read and understood the atheist position.

But really, why do people hate God? Is it not because the are afraid it is not possible for God to love them due to their own personal knowledge of their own personal history?

Then he proceeds to blithely ignore what atheists are telling him to pursue his blinkered agenda regardless. What can one say to such obsession?

They said "crucify Him" to Jesus. Nothing you can say or do will stop me. The most you can do is send me to be with Jesus.

So you'll keep asserting that atheists hate God when you know we have no belief in gods? If you can't see the problem there within yourself, then please carry on.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Posts: 2,744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 7:45:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/16/2015 5:40:31 PM, KafkaF wrote:
At 1/16/2015 3:48:51 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
Of course, atheists will say it is not possible to hate God because there is no God to hate. Then they will say they don't hate me for saying God loves them, they only feel harassed be being told that God loves them so the must reply with mockeries and insults.

If an atheist says that they hate/dislike God, it should be assumed that they dislike the concept of God.

But really, why do people hate God? Is it not because the are afraid it is not possible for God to love them due to their own personal knowledge of their own personal history?

People 'hate' the concept of God both because of 'God' being represented as a being with several characteristics that are commonly recognised as negative, and the fact that this being was and is being used as an excuse for actions that negatively affect society.

Nobody's personal history is worst than mine. I know I deserve to die and burn in Hell for offenses agaisnt God much less than what I have done throughout my lifetime. The following list of things you may have done, I have done many times. I'm sure you are a wonderful person and have not done nearly as much wrong as I have done, but I know you have done enough wrong that you need God's love.

If you want to be so harsh on yourself, so be it. However, do you really think that your actions have warranted you to be suffering eternally, or really to be suffering at all? Placing aside all of the 'bad' things that you have done, think about the positive things that you have done for society and other people. Taking these things in to account, do you still believe that it would be fair to give you an infinite punishment?

If you won't believe God loves you, you will never have what you need, you will never truly be satisfied, no matter how much you insult and harass me and no matter how many times you say God is not there....you will never be satisfied if you will not believe God loves you.

I disagree. Apart from myself, I know many people who are not religious at all yet seem to have achieved happiness in their life.

I am satisfied to know God loves me. It is more than satisfying to know God loves me.....it is soothing, calming, empowering, wonderful......to know the height, and depth, and breadth of God's love is a never ending wonder......how God could love a wicked man like me.....How can God love me? Amazing knowing God loves me when I know I deserve to die and burn in Hell.

Do you really believe that you are 'wicked' enough to deserve infinite punishment? If so, why?

If you look on a woman with lust in your heart, you have committed adultery with her in your heart and God sees you as an adulterer.

OT question - What if she is your spouse?

I answered all of these things. If you want to see, look a little more carefully at the OP and many of my other posts.

Thank you for your input. I think the question about lusting after you spouse does not need to be answered.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Posts: 2,744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 7:47:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/16/2015 3:56:22 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 1/16/2015 3:48:51 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
Of course, atheists will say it is not possible to hate God because there is no God to hate. Then they will say they don't hate me for saying God loves them, they only feel harassed be being told that God loves them so the must reply with mockeries and insults.

But really, why do people hate God? Is it not because the are afraid it is not possible for God to love them due to their own personal knowledge of their own personal history?

Nobody's personal history is worst than mine. I know I deserve to die and burn in Hell for offenses agaisnt God much less than what I have done throughout my lifetime. The following list of things you may have done, I have done many times. I'm sure you are a wonderful person and have not done nearly as much wrong as I have done, but I know you have done enough wrong that you need God's love. If you won't believe God loves you, you will never have what you need, you will never truly be satisfied, no matter how much you insult and harass me and no matter how many times you say God is not there....you will never be satisfied if you will not believe God loves you. I am satisfied to know God loves me. It is more than satisfying to know God loves me.....it is soothing, calming, empowering, wonderful......to know the height, and depth, and breadth of God's love is a never ending wonder......how God could love a wicked man like me.....How can God love me? Amazing knowing God loves me when I know I deserve to die and burn in Hell.

If you have hatred in your heart toward another person, God sees your hatred as murder. If you look on a woman with lust in your heart, you have committed adultery with her in your heart and God sees you as an adulterer. If you have desired to possess things that do not belong to you wiithout earning them, in your heart you are a thief and God sees you as such. God loves you still and He wants you to trust Him and be saved from Hell.

People hate because God put hatred in their hearts. Jesus was the test and the Jews crucified him.....it worked!!!

Matthew 10:35 For I have come to turn " 'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law--
36 a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.'
37 "Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me;

Any wonder why they beat the crap out of Jesus and then crucified him. As you sow so shall you reap. Jesus sowed hatred, he reaped hatred.

if you hate God, you choose to hate God. If you try to blame God for your hatred against Him, your accusations against God will only turn back on you.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Posts: 2,744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 7:49:43 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/16/2015 5:33:53 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 1/16/2015 3:52:50 PM, dhardage wrote:
Allow me to reiterate. I and all the agnostics and atheists I know don't hate God. We don't acknowledge the existence of such a being so it is impossible to hate him. Can you grasp that simple concept?

This^

Isn't that what I predicted you would say in the first two lines of the OP?
Otokage
Posts: 2,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 7:52:22 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/16/2015 7:47:38 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
At 1/16/2015 3:56:22 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 1/16/2015 3:48:51 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
Of course, atheists will say it is not possible to hate God because there is no God to hate. Then they will say they don't hate me for saying God loves them, they only feel harassed be being told that God loves them so the must reply with mockeries and insults.

But really, why do people hate God? Is it not because the are afraid it is not possible for God to love them due to their own personal knowledge of their own personal history?

Nobody's personal history is worst than mine. I know I deserve to die and burn in Hell for offenses agaisnt God much less than what I have done throughout my lifetime. The following list of things you may have done, I have done many times. I'm sure you are a wonderful person and have not done nearly as much wrong as I have done, but I know you have done enough wrong that you need God's love. If you won't believe God loves you, you will never have what you need, you will never truly be satisfied, no matter how much you insult and harass me and no matter how many times you say God is not there....you will never be satisfied if you will not believe God loves you. I am satisfied to know God loves me. It is more than satisfying to know God loves me.....it is soothing, calming, empowering, wonderful......to know the height, and depth, and breadth of God's love is a never ending wonder......how God could love a wicked man like me.....How can God love me? Amazing knowing God loves me when I know I deserve to die and burn in Hell.

If you have hatred in your heart toward another person, God sees your hatred as murder. If you look on a woman with lust in your heart, you have committed adultery with her in your heart and God sees you as an adulterer. If you have desired to possess things that do not belong to you wiithout earning them, in your heart you are a thief and God sees you as such. God loves you still and He wants you to trust Him and be saved from Hell.

People hate because God put hatred in their hearts. Jesus was the test and the Jews crucified him.....it worked!!!

Matthew 10:35 For I have come to turn " 'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law--
36 a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.'
37 "Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me;

Any wonder why they beat the crap out of Jesus and then crucified him. As you sow so shall you reap. Jesus sowed hatred, he reaped hatred.

if you hate God, you choose to hate God. If you try to blame God for your hatred against Him, your accusations against God will only turn back on you.

To me, is not that I hate God. But as a fictitious character, I don't like him. I mean I consider him to be kind of the evil guy of the story. And I really hate those evil guys that pretend to be good to the point that they believe they are actually good, you know what I mean? I like D.Sidious, because he pretendes to be good but he knows he's super evil, but God? God really thinks he is good! So hilarious.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Posts: 2,744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 7:52:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/16/2015 4:28:54 PM, SNP1 wrote:
ad nauseam

I hope you feel better after you puke. I guess you enjoy reading things that make you sick. thank you for your input.

Hey, check out my Three Preachers and a Skunk thread OP. That might make your bowels calm down so you don't puke.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Posts: 2,744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 7:57:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/16/2015 7:52:22 PM, Otokage wrote:
At 1/16/2015 7:47:38 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
At 1/16/2015 3:56:22 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 1/16/2015 3:48:51 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
Of course, atheists will say it is not possible to hate God because there is no God to hate. Then they will say they don't hate me for saying God loves them, they only feel harassed be being told that God loves them so the must reply with mockeries and insults.

But really, why do people hate God? Is it not because the are afraid it is not possible for God to love them due to their own personal knowledge of their own personal history?

Nobody's personal history is worst than mine. I know I deserve to die and burn in Hell for offenses agaisnt God much less than what I have done throughout my lifetime. The following list of things you may have done, I have done many times. I'm sure you are a wonderful person and have not done nearly as much wrong as I have done, but I know you have done enough wrong that you need God's love. If you won't believe God loves you, you will never have what you need, you will never truly be satisfied, no matter how much you insult and harass me and no matter how many times you say God is not there....you will never be satisfied if you will not believe God loves you. I am satisfied to know God loves me. It is more than satisfying to know God loves me.....it is soothing, calming, empowering, wonderful......to know the height, and depth, and breadth of God's love is a never ending wonder......how God could love a wicked man like me.....How can God love me? Amazing knowing God loves me when I know I deserve to die and burn in Hell.

If you have hatred in your heart toward another person, God sees your hatred as murder. If you look on a woman with lust in your heart, you have committed adultery with her in your heart and God sees you as an adulterer. If you have desired to possess things that do not belong to you wiithout earning them, in your heart you are a thief and God sees you as such. God loves you still and He wants you to trust Him and be saved from Hell.

People hate because God put hatred in their hearts. Jesus was the test and the Jews crucified him.....it worked!!!

Matthew 10:35 For I have come to turn " 'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law--
36 a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.'
37 "Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me;

Any wonder why they beat the crap out of Jesus and then crucified him. As you sow so shall you reap. Jesus sowed hatred, he reaped hatred.

if you hate God, you choose to hate God. If you try to blame God for your hatred against Him, your accusations against God will only turn back on you.

To me, is not that I hate God. But as a fictitious character, I don't like him. I mean I consider him to be kind of the evil guy of the story. And I really hate those evil guys that pretend to be good to the point that they believe they are actually good, you know what I mean? I like D.Sidious, because he pretendes to be good but he knows he's super evil, but God? God really thinks he is good! So hilarious.

Good explaination of your hatred against God, very good and honest. Thank you.

All arguments against God always boil down to accusing God of not being good....at least that's the best I have been able to figure so far. It's a losing argument. Enjoy.
wsmunit7
Posts: 1,318
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 8:00:54 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/16/2015 3:48:51 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
Of course, atheists will say it is not possible to hate God because there is no God to hate. Then they will say they don't hate me for saying God loves them, they only feel harassed be being told that God loves them so the must reply with mockeries and insults.


Perhaps they find it insulting that you continuously try to push your personal beliefs down their throats and show absolutely no respect for their right to their own beliefs.

I have yet to see any non-theistic person ANYWHERE, say they "hate" your "god". Cite me an explicit example where they have stated that.
Otokage
Posts: 2,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 8:05:23 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/16/2015 7:57:10 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
At 1/16/2015 7:52:22 PM, Otokage wrote:
At 1/16/2015 7:47:38 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
At 1/16/2015 3:56:22 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 1/16/2015 3:48:51 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
Of course, atheists will say it is not possible to hate God because there is no God to hate. Then they will say they don't hate me for saying God loves them, they only feel harassed be being told that God loves them so the must reply with mockeries and insults.

But really, why do people hate God? Is it not because the are afraid it is not possible for God to love them due to their own personal knowledge of their own personal history?

Nobody's personal history is worst than mine. I know I deserve to die and burn in Hell for offenses agaisnt God much less than what I have done throughout my lifetime. The following list of things you may have done, I have done many times. I'm sure you are a wonderful person and have not done nearly as much wrong as I have done, but I know you have done enough wrong that you need God's love. If you won't believe God loves you, you will never have what you need, you will never truly be satisfied, no matter how much you insult and harass me and no matter how many times you say God is not there....you will never be satisfied if you will not believe God loves you. I am satisfied to know God loves me. It is more than satisfying to know God loves me.....it is soothing, calming, empowering, wonderful......to know the height, and depth, and breadth of God's love is a never ending wonder......how God could love a wicked man like me.....How can God love me? Amazing knowing God loves me when I know I deserve to die and burn in Hell.

If you have hatred in your heart toward another person, God sees your hatred as murder. If you look on a woman with lust in your heart, you have committed adultery with her in your heart and God sees you as an adulterer. If you have desired to possess things that do not belong to you wiithout earning them, in your heart you are a thief and God sees you as such. God loves you still and He wants you to trust Him and be saved from Hell.

People hate because God put hatred in their hearts. Jesus was the test and the Jews crucified him.....it worked!!!

Matthew 10:35 For I have come to turn " 'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law--
36 a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.'
37 "Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me;

Any wonder why they beat the crap out of Jesus and then crucified him. As you sow so shall you reap. Jesus sowed hatred, he reaped hatred.

if you hate God, you choose to hate God. If you try to blame God for your hatred against Him, your accusations against God will only turn back on you.

To me, is not that I hate God. But as a fictitious character, I don't like him. I mean I consider him to be kind of the evil guy of the story. And I really hate those evil guys that pretend to be good to the point that they believe they are actually good, you know what I mean? I like D.Sidious, because he pretendes to be good but he knows he's super evil, but God? God really thinks he is good! So hilarious.

Good explaination of your hatred against God, very good and honest. Thank you.

Anytime.

All arguments against God always boil down to accusing God of not being good....at least that's the best I have been able to figure so far. It's a losing argument. Enjoy.

Yeah I mean that's actualy the main reason to hate or dislike a person, you think they are bad or they have atributes you consider to be bad. This applies both to people that really believe God exists, and to people that believe God is a fiction character but an annoying one. But I think atheists dislike Him if anything, they do not really "hate" him because that would be kind of stupid, you know, to hate a character of a fantasy book. But the people that believe in God, they can really hate Him when they struggle with life. You know if I were a Christian or muslim etc, and my daughter had cancer, there's a chance I would say: f*ck u God I HATE you. Because you feel there's that entity there that effortlessly could heal your little girl but he doesn't, and that drives you nuts. You got to understand that.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 8:05:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/16/2015 7:57:10 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
At 1/16/2015 7:52:22 PM, Otokage wrote:
At 1/16/2015 7:47:38 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
At 1/16/2015 3:56:22 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 1/16/2015 3:48:51 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
Of course, atheists will say it is not possible to hate God because there is no God to hate. Then they will say they don't hate me for saying God loves them, they only feel harassed be being told that God loves them so the must reply with mockeries and insults.

But really, why do people hate God? Is it not because the are afraid it is not possible for God to love them due to their own personal knowledge of their own personal history?

Nobody's personal history is worst than mine. I know I deserve to die and burn in Hell for offenses agaisnt God much less than what I have done throughout my lifetime. The following list of things you may have done, I have done many times. I'm sure you are a wonderful person and have not done nearly as much wrong as I have done, but I know you have done enough wrong that you need God's love. If you won't believe God loves you, you will never have what you need, you will never truly be satisfied, no matter how much you insult and harass me and no matter how many times you say God is not there....you will never be satisfied if you will not believe God loves you. I am satisfied to know God loves me. It is more than satisfying to know God loves me.....it is soothing, calming, empowering, wonderful......to know the height, and depth, and breadth of God's love is a never ending wonder......how God could love a wicked man like me.....How can God love me? Amazing knowing God loves me when I know I deserve to die and burn in Hell.

If you have hatred in your heart toward another person, God sees your hatred as murder. If you look on a woman with lust in your heart, you have committed adultery with her in your heart and God sees you as an adulterer. If you have desired to possess things that do not belong to you wiithout earning them, in your heart you are a thief and God sees you as such. God loves you still and He wants you to trust Him and be saved from Hell.

People hate because God put hatred in their hearts. Jesus was the test and the Jews crucified him.....it worked!!!

Matthew 10:35 For I have come to turn " 'a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law--
36 a man's enemies will be the members of his own household.'
37 "Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me;

Any wonder why they beat the crap out of Jesus and then crucified him. As you sow so shall you reap. Jesus sowed hatred, he reaped hatred.

if you hate God, you choose to hate God. If you try to blame God for your hatred against Him, your accusations against God will only turn back on you.

To me, is not that I hate God. But as a fictitious character, I don't like him. I mean I consider him to be kind of the evil guy of the story. And I really hate those evil guys that pretend to be good to the point that they believe they are actually good, you know what I mean? I like D.Sidious, because he pretendes to be good but he knows he's super evil, but God? God really thinks he is good! So hilarious.

Good explaination of your hatred against God, very good and honest. Thank you.

All arguments against God always boil down to accusing God of not being good....at least that's the best I have been able to figure so far. It's a losing argument. Enjoy.

So what does it say about Christians who love this super evil God and believes he is good? Should we be laughing at them too?
jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/16/2015 8:08:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/16/2015 7:49:43 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
At 1/16/2015 5:33:53 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 1/16/2015 3:52:50 PM, dhardage wrote:
Allow me to reiterate. I and all the agnostics and atheists I know don't hate God. We don't acknowledge the existence of such a being so it is impossible to hate him. Can you grasp that simple concept?

This^

Isn't that what I predicted you would say in the first two lines of the OP?

Well... it's truth. Atheists don't hate God. Agnostics especially. I don't hate you either. In fact I'd help you if you were in need. It's easy to assume how other people feel, but rarely is it accurate.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."