Total Posts:14|Showing Posts:1-14
Jump to topic:

Favorite Spiiritual Song....what's yours?

LifeMeansGodIsGood
Posts: 2,744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 6:34:53 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Today my favorite is "My Faith Has Found a Resting Place". I'll probably be singing it throughout the day from time to time. It goes like this :

My faith has found a resting place,
Not in device or creed;
I trust the ever living One,
His wounds for me shall plead.

I need no other argument,
I need no other plea,
It is enough that Jesus died,
And that He died for me.

Enough for me that Jesus saves,
This ends my fear and doubt;
A sinful soul I come to Him,
He"ll never cast me out.

I need no other argument,
I need no other plea.
It is enough that Jesus died,
And that He died for me.

My heart is leaning on the Word,
The living Word of God,
Salvation by my Savior"s Name,
Salvation through His blood.

I need no other argument,
I need no other plea.
It is enough that Jesus died,
And that He died for me.

My great Physician heals the sick,
The lost He came to save;
For me His precious blood He shed,
For me His life He gave.

I need no other argument, I need no other plea, it is enough that Jesus died, and that He died for me.
Electric-Eccentric
Posts: 1,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 6:57:55 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy
Down in my heart
Down in my heart - Where
Down in my heart
I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy
Down in my heart
Down in my heart today

And I'm so happy
So very happy
I've got the love of Truth in my heart
And I'm so happy
So very happy
I've got the love of Truth in my heart - today
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
Classified
Posts: 251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 7:09:09 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I like...
let's see...
-Above All
-10,000 Reasons
-Jesus You're my Superhero
I kinda like many Christian Songs.

P.S. -Amazing Grace
dee-em
Posts: 8,216
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 7:51:50 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
"Presence of the Lord", Blind Faith (w/ Eric Clapton)

I have finally found a way to live
Just like I never could before.
I know that I don't have much to give,
But I can open any door.

Everybody knows the secret,
Everybody knows the score.
I have finally found a way to live
In the color of the Lord.

I have finally found a place to live
Just like I never could before.
And I know I don't have much to give,
But soon I'll open any door.

Everybody knows the secret,
Everybody knows the score.
I have finally found a place to live
In the presence of the Lord.
In the presence of the Lord.

I have finally found a way to live
Just like I never could before.
And I know I don't have much to give,
But I can open any door.

Everybody knows the secret,
I said everybody knows the score.
I have finally found a way to live
In the color of the Lord.
In the color of the Lord.
Fatihah: It's like your mother making spaghetti and after you taste it and don't like it, you say "well my mom must not exist". Not because their is no logical evidence but because she doesn't do what you want.
j4k3
Posts: 2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 8:04:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
One of my favourite, we recite this every Sunday at my local church. Always inspiring.

I took some time to figure it out
What all your lies and myths were about
You lied to my face for years and years
Your fraudulent stories filled my ears

I couldn't see so you forced me to believe
I wasted my time while you smiled and deceived
I don't believe, so I'm a bad man?
You're all full of shi*, F*** your clan

I'm not naive,
but I'll never believe.
It's not my fault
you're all in a cult.

So forget what you're told
before you grow old
God can not heal
He's not even real
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 13,644
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 9:51:33 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Now, this is a much better thread, well done to the OP!

Here's one of mine:

I Am Weary Let Me Rest

Kiss me mother kiss your darlin
Lay my head upon your breast
Throw your loving arms around me
I am weary let me rest

Seems the light is swiftly fading
Brighter scenes they do now show
I am standing by the river
Angels wait to take me home

Kiss me mother kiss your darlin
See the pain upon my brow
While I'll soon be with the angels
Fate has doomed my future now

Through the years you've always loved me
And my life you've tried to save
But now I shall slumber sweetly
In a deep and lonely grave

Kiss me mother kiss your darlin
Lay my head upon your breast
Throw your loving arms around me
I am weary let me rest

https://www.youtube.com...
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
There would be peace if you obeyed us.~Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Skepsikyma
Posts: 9,154
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 9:52:19 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Mozart's Requiem, especially the Lacrimosa.

"Lacrimosa dies illa,
qua resurget ex favilla
judicandus homo reus.
Huic ergo parce, Deus,
pie Jesu Domine,
dona eis requiem. Amen."

"That day of tears and mourning,
when from the ashes shall arise,
all humanity to be judged.
Spare us by your mercy, Lord,
gentle Lord Jesus,
grant them eternal rest. Amen."
"See now Oblivion shimmering all around us, its very tranquility deadlier than tempest. How little all our keels have troubled it."
- Lord Dunsany -

"Over her head the stars, the thoughts of God in the heavens,
Shone on the eyes of man, who had ceased to marvel and worship"
- Henry Longfellow -

"We enjoy, we see nothing by direct vision; but only by reflection, and in anatomical dismemberment."
- Thomas Carlyle -
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Posts: 2,744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 6:33:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/17/2015 9:41:26 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
Amazing Grace...easily.

https://www.youtube.com...

Did you know amazing grace was written by a man who was a slave trader? He saw his own evil ways and repented and believed on the Lord Jesus Christ and got saved, forever changed......then wrote Amazing Grace.......the long version of the man's sotry of how his own wikkedness made him realize he was on his way to Hell before he got saved is so awful it's hard to picture the life he described as a wicked sinner.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Posts: 2,744
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 6:36:48 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
sounds to me like perverts like to sing about justiying themselves sometimes.....wicked songs are not spritiual
Skepticalone
Posts: 7,067
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 8:45:45 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Toccata and Fugue in D minor & Amazing Grace (Dixieland Blues style).
The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible. - Salman Rushdie

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. - Bertrand Russell
wsmunit7
Posts: 1,318
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 9:02:42 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/17/2015 6:34:53 AM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
Today my favorite is "My Faith Has Found a Resting Place". I'll probably be singing it throughout the day from time to time. It goes like this :

My faith has found a resting place,
Not in device or creed;
I trust the ever living One,
His wounds for me shall plead.

I need no other argument,
I need no other plea,
It is enough that Jesus died,
And that He died for me.

Enough for me that Jesus saves,
This ends my fear and doubt;
A sinful soul I come to Him,
He"ll never cast me out.

I need no other argument,
I need no other plea.
It is enough that Jesus died,
And that He died for me.

My heart is leaning on the Word,
The living Word of God,
Salvation by my Savior"s Name,
Salvation through His blood.

I need no other argument,
I need no other plea.
It is enough that Jesus died,
And that He died for me.

My great Physician heals the sick,
The lost He came to save;
For me His precious blood He shed,
For me His life He gave.

I need no other argument, I need no other plea, it is enough that Jesus died, and that He died for me.

"The Times They Are a'changin'", Bob Dylan.
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 9:17:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/17/2015 6:34:53 AM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
Today my favorite is "My Faith Has Found a Resting Place". I'll probably be singing it throughout the day from time to time. It goes like this :

My faith has found a resting place,
Not in device or creed;
I trust the ever living One,
His wounds for me shall plead.

I need no other argument,
I need no other plea,
It is enough that Jesus died,
And that He died for me.

Enough for me that Jesus saves,
This ends my fear and doubt;
A sinful soul I come to Him,
He"ll never cast me out.

I need no other argument,
I need no other plea.
It is enough that Jesus died,
And that He died for me.

My heart is leaning on the Word,
The living Word of God,
Salvation by my Savior"s Name,
Salvation through His blood.

I need no other argument,
I need no other plea.
It is enough that Jesus died,
And that He died for me.

My great Physician heals the sick,
The lost He came to save;
For me His precious blood He shed,
For me His life He gave.

I need no other argument, I need no other plea, it is enough that Jesus died, and that He died for me.

My favorite.

I LOVE JESUS HE LOVES ME!
popculturepooka
Posts: 8,065
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2015 9:10:00 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 1/24/2015 6:33:16 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
At 1/17/2015 9:41:26 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
Amazing Grace...easily.

https://www.youtube.com...

Did you know amazing grace was written by a man who was a slave trader? He saw his own evil ways and repented and believed on the Lord Jesus Christ and got saved, forever changed......then wrote Amazing Grace.......the long version of the man's sotry of how his own wikkedness made him realize he was on his way to Hell before he got saved is so awful it's hard to picture the life he described as a wicked sinner.

Yup. That's another reason I like the song so much.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!