Total Posts:12|Showing Posts:1-12
Jump to topic:

Fruits of the spirit or of theFlesh?

MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 10:50:54 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
The Bible makes it clear that we display whether we serve God or Satan by the way we live and behave, especially the way we interact with others.

That is why it is inevitable that all True Christians will demonstrate the fruitage of the spirit (Galatians 5:22-23 ASV(i) "22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 meekness, self-control; against such there is no law.". at least to some degree, the more mature and experienced the Christian the more those signs show through.

On the other hand, all of Satan"s people display the "Spirit of this world" which is shown at Galatians 5:19-21 ASV(i) "19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these: fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousies, wraths, factions, divisions, parties, 21 envyings, drunkenness, revellings, and such like; of which I forewarn you, even as I did forewarn you, that they who practise such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God", again to one degree or another. The deeper the hold Satan has on them, the more they display them.

So which are you?

Certainly something worth thinking about.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 11:16:16 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/17/2015 10:50:54 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
The Bible makes it clear that we display whether we serve God or Satan by the way we live and behave, especially the way we interact with others.

That is why it is inevitable that all True Christians will demonstrate the fruitage of the spirit (Galatians 5:22-23 ASV(i) "22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 meekness, self-control; against such there is no law.". at least to some degree, the more mature and experienced the Christian the more those signs show through.

On the other hand, all of Satan"s people display the "Spirit of this world" which is shown at Galatians 5:19-21 ASV(i) "19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these: fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousies, wraths, factions, divisions, parties, 21 envyings, drunkenness, revellings, and such like; of which I forewarn you, even as I did forewarn you, that they who practise such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God", again to one degree or another. The deeper the hold Satan has on them, the more they display them.

So which are you?

Certainly something worth thinking about.

Christian antichrists can appear to be good until they listen to the voice of the Lord that I testify to. Then they turn into raging antichrists who want to see me dead. What we observe in this world ( the tree of the knowledge of good and evil ) confuses most of God's people and keeps them from the knowledge of Christ ( tree of life ) that us saints testify to.
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 11:20:16 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/17/2015 11:16:16 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 1/17/2015 10:50:54 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
The Bible makes it clear that we display whether we serve God or Satan by the way we live and behave, especially the way we interact with others.

That is why it is inevitable that all True Christians will demonstrate the fruitage of the spirit (Galatians 5:22-23 ASV(i) "22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 meekness, self-control; against such there is no law.". at least to some degree, the more mature and experienced the Christian the more those signs show through.

On the other hand, all of Satan"s people display the "Spirit of this world" which is shown at Galatians 5:19-21 ASV(i) "19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these: fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousies, wraths, factions, divisions, parties, 21 envyings, drunkenness, revellings, and such like; of which I forewarn you, even as I did forewarn you, that they who practise such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God", again to one degree or another. The deeper the hold Satan has on them, the more they display them.

So which are you?

Certainly something worth thinking about.

Christian antichrists can appear to be good until they listen to the voice of the Lord that I testify to. Then they turn into raging antichrists who want to see me dead. What we observe in this world ( the tree of the knowledge of good and evil ) confuses most of God's people and keeps them from the knowledge of Christ ( tree of life ) that us saints testify to.

Who wants to see you dead? You are being silly! Your posts are pretty crazy, but if they make you happy then keep posting!
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 11:22:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/17/2015 11:20:16 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 1/17/2015 11:16:16 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 1/17/2015 10:50:54 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
The Bible makes it clear that we display whether we serve God or Satan by the way we live and behave, especially the way we interact with others.

That is why it is inevitable that all True Christians will demonstrate the fruitage of the spirit (Galatians 5:22-23 ASV(i) "22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 meekness, self-control; against such there is no law.". at least to some degree, the more mature and experienced the Christian the more those signs show through.

On the other hand, all of Satan"s people display the "Spirit of this world" which is shown at Galatians 5:19-21 ASV(i) "19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these: fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousies, wraths, factions, divisions, parties, 21 envyings, drunkenness, revellings, and such like; of which I forewarn you, even as I did forewarn you, that they who practise such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God", again to one degree or another. The deeper the hold Satan has on them, the more they display them.

So which are you?

Certainly something worth thinking about.

Christian antichrists can appear to be good until they listen to the voice of the Lord that I testify to. Then they turn into raging antichrists who want to see me dead. What we observe in this world ( the tree of the knowledge of good and evil ) confuses most of God's people and keeps them from the knowledge of Christ ( tree of life ) that us saints testify to.

Who wants to see you dead? You are being silly! Your posts are pretty crazy, but if they make you happy then keep posting!

Here's my website about what I'm doing in Campbell, CA. where I will be killed soon. If you read some of the messages I write on a whiteboard each day, you will see why Christians hate the Truth that I testify to. https://godsmessages.wordpress.com...
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 11:27:50 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/17/2015 11:22:45 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 1/17/2015 11:20:16 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 1/17/2015 11:16:16 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 1/17/2015 10:50:54 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
The Bible makes it clear that we display whether we serve God or Satan by the way we live and behave, especially the way we interact with others.

That is why it is inevitable that all True Christians will demonstrate the fruitage of the spirit (Galatians 5:22-23 ASV(i) "22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 meekness, self-control; against such there is no law.". at least to some degree, the more mature and experienced the Christian the more those signs show through.

On the other hand, all of Satan"s people display the "Spirit of this world" which is shown at Galatians 5:19-21 ASV(i) "19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these: fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousies, wraths, factions, divisions, parties, 21 envyings, drunkenness, revellings, and such like; of which I forewarn you, even as I did forewarn you, that they who practise such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God", again to one degree or another. The deeper the hold Satan has on them, the more they display them.

So which are you?

Certainly something worth thinking about.

Christian antichrists can appear to be good until they listen to the voice of the Lord that I testify to. Then they turn into raging antichrists who want to see me dead. What we observe in this world ( the tree of the knowledge of good and evil ) confuses most of God's people and keeps them from the knowledge of Christ ( tree of life ) that us saints testify to.

Who wants to see you dead? You are being silly! Your posts are pretty crazy, but if they make you happy then keep posting!

Here's my website about what I'm doing in Campbell, CA. where I will be killed soon. If you read some of the messages I write on a whiteboard each day, you will see why Christians hate the Truth that I testify to. https://godsmessages.wordpress.com...

If you really believe all that to be true, people should be feeling sorry for you. I think you have a problem and should seek the help of a mental health professional.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 11:29:51 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/17/2015 11:27:50 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 1/17/2015 11:22:45 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 1/17/2015 11:20:16 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 1/17/2015 11:16:16 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 1/17/2015 10:50:54 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
The Bible makes it clear that we display whether we serve God or Satan by the way we live and behave, especially the way we interact with others.

That is why it is inevitable that all True Christians will demonstrate the fruitage of the spirit (Galatians 5:22-23 ASV(i) "22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 meekness, self-control; against such there is no law.". at least to some degree, the more mature and experienced the Christian the more those signs show through.

On the other hand, all of Satan"s people display the "Spirit of this world" which is shown at Galatians 5:19-21 ASV(i) "19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these: fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousies, wraths, factions, divisions, parties, 21 envyings, drunkenness, revellings, and such like; of which I forewarn you, even as I did forewarn you, that they who practise such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God", again to one degree or another. The deeper the hold Satan has on them, the more they display them.

So which are you?

Certainly something worth thinking about.

Christian antichrists can appear to be good until they listen to the voice of the Lord that I testify to. Then they turn into raging antichrists who want to see me dead. What we observe in this world ( the tree of the knowledge of good and evil ) confuses most of God's people and keeps them from the knowledge of Christ ( tree of life ) that us saints testify to.

Who wants to see you dead? You are being silly! Your posts are pretty crazy, but if they make you happy then keep posting!

Here's my website about what I'm doing in Campbell, CA. where I will be killed soon. If you read some of the messages I write on a whiteboard each day, you will see why Christians hate the Truth that I testify to. https://godsmessages.wordpress.com...


If you really believe all that to be true, people should be feeling sorry for you. I think you have a problem and should seek the help of a mental health professional.

You can feel sorry for me if you want to but most of my friends love me for what I'm doing in this community. I have thousands of friends who give me support today but it's apparent that you're not one of them yet.
Angry_Bird
Posts: 64
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2015 9:53:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I've something to say about this, but for now I'll just bring it forward to the first page to make it easier to find on my PC for when I'm ready to do so.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/13/2015 5:57:55 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/13/2015 9:53:43 AM, Angry_Bird wrote:
I've something to say about this, but for now I'll just bring it forward to the first page to make it easier to find on my PC for when I'm ready to do so.

Better be quick then because it won;t be on here for long.
Angry_Bird
Posts: 64
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2015 2:16:41 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/17/2015 10:50:54 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
The Bible makes it clear that we display whether we serve God or Satan by the way we live and behave, especially the way we interact with others.

That is why it is inevitable that all True Christians will demonstrate the fruitage of the spirit (Galatians 5:22-23 ASV(i) "22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 meekness, self-control; against such there is no law.". at least to some degree, the more mature and experienced the Christian the more those signs show through.

On the other hand, all of Satan"s people display the "Spirit of this world" which is shown at Galatians 5:19-21 ASV(i) "19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these: fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousies, wraths, factions, divisions, parties, 21 envyings, drunkenness, revellings, and such like; of which I forewarn you, even as I did forewarn you, that they who practise such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God", again to one degree or another. The deeper the hold Satan has on them, the more they display them.

So which are you?

Certainly something worth thinking about.

Thanks for this post,
in biblical terms how does this work for a Christian, or even how does it work in JW terms.

I mean do we simply decide one day we are going to do good ?.. and please (very important) why do Christians do good ?, is there a reward of some sort other than fruits mentioned here ?
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2015 8:50:06 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/14/2015 2:16:41 AM, Angry_Bird wrote:
At 1/17/2015 10:50:54 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
The Bible makes it clear that we display whether we serve God or Satan by the way we live and behave, especially the way we interact with others.

That is why it is inevitable that all True Christians will demonstrate the fruitage of the spirit (Galatians 5:22-23 ASV(i) "22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 meekness, self-control; against such there is no law.". at least to some degree, the more mature and experienced the Christian the more those signs show through.

On the other hand, all of Satan"s people display the "Spirit of this world" which is shown at Galatians 5:19-21 ASV(i) "19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these: fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousies, wraths, factions, divisions, parties, 21 envyings, drunkenness, revellings, and such like; of which I forewarn you, even as I did forewarn you, that they who practise such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God", again to one degree or another. The deeper the hold Satan has on them, the more they display them.

So which are you?

Certainly something worth thinking about.

Thanks for this post,
in biblical terms how does this work for a Christian, or even how does it work in JW terms.

I mean do we simply decide one day we are going to do good ?.. and please (very important) why do Christians do good ?, is there a reward of some sort other than fruits mentioned here ?

There is only one way for it to work, on God's terms.

The simplest way to describe it is n the words of the Apostle Paul:

Romans 8:12-16
KJV(i) 12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh. 13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. 14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. 15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. 16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

We all have a little of God's spirit in us. It is what gives us life and the power of thought. T is what goes back to God on death, and takes with it all God needs to know to resurrect us in the last days, through his son.

God can use that spirit to inform us, to control us, to inspire us, to give us dreams and visions if he wishes,and he has done so, frequently in the past,as and when required.

However I can only speak for myself.

Holy spirit is used to give us power, strength, and God has used that may times to enable me to do things I could not otherwise do, including learn to lay bricks to a professional standard as close to instantly as makes little difference, when I needed to do so to his glory building Kingdom Halls in two days as we used to once upon a time.

Before those days the nearest I had come to bricks was helping to unload a wagon or two full of them without mechanical assistance, many years ago. Lol, the people who taught me to catch bricks threw them three at a time, aimed at groin level, so you can imagine we rapidly learned to catch them and catch them firmly enough for the one in the middle not to slip out.

However I digress with that amusing anecdote.

I only get holy spirit at need, and it does indeed help me to recall whatever scripture I need when posting on here, a feat of memory I could not match n my own power, especially at 66 years of age. I have witnessed in others much more extreme examples of that, when elderly ones, who could barely string two words together suddenly came alive when discussing scripture with them, and went back "sleep" within minutes of finishing.

However holy spirit does much more than that,as described at Galatians 5:22-23
KJV(i) 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

The more mature you get, spiritually, the more you show those traits, especially faith.

Another action of holy spirit I have known has come when a JW has knocked on someone's door and, to her surprise, because it was indeed a Sister, was greeted with a tearful hug and a breathless "I was just praying for help understanding something, come n please".

Sometimes God will guide Brothers and Sisters to needy ones just as he guided Philip to the Ethiopian Eunuch.

As the Sister that happened to later said. Whatever you do on the ministry, if you get a very strong feeling that you should knock on a particular door, do so.

I guess I could say more, I could go on to relate stories of the protection of holy spirit, but frankly you have to experience them to believe them.

However, I hope that will be enough to help you, and most of all to help you see that Jesus meant it when he said he would never desert his true followers.

Incidentally holy spirit is only found within the JWs, since they are the only ones doing God's will and therefore the only ones granted it.

Any who teach other than what scripture teaches, and I have yet to fault the JWs in any way that matters, are Apostates and not worthy of consideration.

Matthew 7:21-23
KJV(i) 21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

The saddest thing about that is that at Armageddon that means that thousands who have been misled by the churches of Christendom, and who have refused to listen to God's messengers will perish, and if it came tomorrow we are talking about 6.5 billion humans marked for death.

BY the time God tells his son to call a halt to the work none will have any excuse left not to have listened, they will all be treated as the who refused to listen to his son when incarnate on earth, and go straight past the first death, from which there will be a resurrection, into the second and permanent death.

That is how critical these times and why Jehovah's Witnesses are so urgently carrying out God's will in every land on this planet, even where under threat of death if caught doing so.

Like God, they want as few to die as can possibly be persuaded to save themselves through God's provisions by means of his son. That is, after all, the sole reason God grants them his spirit.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2015 9:00:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 3/14/2015 2:16:41 AM, Angry_Bird wrote:
At 1/17/2015 10:50:54 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:


I mean do we simply decide one day we are going to do good ?.. and please (very important) why do Christians do good ?, is there a reward of some sort other than fruits mentioned here ?

We recognise what is happening in this world around us and ask God for help, through his son, in ding what we can to bring comfort to others.

That is the only motivation God will accept, as it is his motivation for sacrificing his own son.

That is why Jesus said what he did at John 17:3, because unless we get to know God we cannot truly love him.

Unless we truly love him we will not truly love his creation human and otherwise.

If we do not do those things we cannot fulfil the two laws which Jesus said fulfilled all others;

"You must love Jehovah your God with you whole heart, your whole mind and you whole being"

and

"You must love your fellow man as yourself"

You cannot truly fulfil either one on it's own.

It is love of God and love of fellow men that drives every JW onwards.

That also means loving all men and women equally, wherever in the earth they originate, whatever their colour, whatever their background. No discrimination at all. We must strive to bring the all back to God and his son.

But we do need to recognise what is happening on in this earth, and learn why. Like Lot in Sodom, we need to be sighing and groaning over all the wickedness we see around us.

God's Kingdom under Christ will bring all things back to what was planned before Adam sinned. Read the last 3 chapters of Revelation, (20-22). All of which has it's equivalents in Isaiah and the words of other earlier prophets.

God's word is one story, from Genesis to Revelation, it is not truly divisible.