Jump to topic:

The Rapture and the Second Coming!

Rant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 10:51:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
"Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed" (1 Cor. 15:51-52).
He explains what will take place next, in that stupendous fraction of a second: "For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord" (1 Thess. 4:15-17).
Jesus himself told of this "mystery" Paul refers to in 1 Corinthians 15:51. The Lord explains what happens after believers "both the bodies of the dead and those who are living-- are caught up in the air to be with Him: "Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also" (Jn. 14:1-3).
So, the rapture will take place. Believers and the bodies of those who died during the Church Age will be "caught up" in one single moment of time. "ALL," not "some," will go instantly to be with Jesus, who will then take them into heaven, where He has been preparing their dwelling places since He ascended from the Mount of Olives.
Rant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 10:53:15 AM
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, King Of Kings, And Lord Of Lords.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 11:03:57 AM
At 1/17/2015 10:53:15 AM, Rant wrote:
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, King Of Kings, And Lord Of Lords.

If nothing else your posts are certainly amusing, lol!
The so called rapture and second coming are a crazy scenario, which aren't likely to happen!
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 11:12:06 AM
At 1/17/2015 10:51:38 AM, Rant wrote:
"Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed" (1 Cor. 15:51-52).
He explains what will take place next, in that stupendous fraction of a second: "For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord" (1 Thess. 4:15-17).
Jesus himself told of this "mystery" Paul refers to in 1 Corinthians 15:51. The Lord explains what happens after believers "both the bodies of the dead and those who are living-- are caught up in the air to be with Him: "Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also" (Jn. 14:1-3).
So, the rapture will take place. Believers and the bodies of those who died during the Church Age will be "caught up" in one single moment of time. "ALL," not "some," will go instantly to be with Jesus, who will then take them into heaven, where He has been preparing their dwelling places since He ascended from the Mount of Olives.

None of God's people understands the prophecies about the last day of this age and the New Heaven and Earth that will appear in the mind of God after this world is destroyed. All the bodies of God's people, including all His prophets and saints who spoke for Him are destroyed in this first age.

Antichrists were the one's who produced the new testament with all their religious ideas added to the words they stole from God's first saints. They destroyed the true knowledge of God that the saints wrote for Him about the future, particularly by using their false interpretations they taught to their followers ( Christians ).
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 11:29:30 AM
My second coming
I AM the Way, the Truth and the Life

I AM
That would be I and I most certainly AM

The Way
That would be the understanding that leads to the Truth that sets the mind FREE from the deceptions and lies called good.

The Truth
That would be WHATEVER EXPOSES self denial.

The Life
That would be Living in the NOW and growing in learning and maturity.

I AM most overly wonderful and then some.

YOU can be most overly wonderful and the some also.

the FREE will CHOICE is personally yours by invitation only.

I stand at the door of your invisible box and knock

knock knock

who's there?

Understanding

Understanding who?

Understanding YOU
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 11:31:03 AM
At 1/17/2015 11:29:30 AM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
My second coming

I AM

The Way
That would be the understanding that leads to the Truth that sets the mind FREE from the deceptions and lies called good.

The Truth

The Life

knock knock

who's there?

Understanding

Understanding who?

Understanding YOU

Do you understand who I AM?
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 12:08:56 PM
At 1/17/2015 11:31:03 AM, bornofgod wrote:
My second coming

I AM

The Way

The Truth

The Life

knock knock

who's there?

Understanding

Understanding who?

Understanding YOU

EE: I sure do Saint Brad
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 12:11:42 PM
At 1/17/2015 12:08:56 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
My second coming

I AM

The Way

The Truth

The Life

knock knock

who's there?

Understanding

Understanding who?

Understanding YOU

If you listen to my testimonies, you will get to know yourself within My mind.
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 12:20:57 PM

The whole idea of the rapture and second coming of Jesus Christ was a wish by 1st/2nd Christians to live the Kingly, elevated lives they wanted so badly. It was wish. I don't believe in the rapture or second coming, but I also see the sadness in this, because it reveals that what we want and what we ultimately get, with respect to death and the afterlife, are never really compatible. We never get the triumphant conclusion we want in life; instead we perish. But in perishing, we also get a satisfying ending.

We can no longer remember our failures and our pains, or the failed promises we made to ourselves. Death may not be the conclusion we want while we live, but it does bring closure to all our wants, our passions, our failed hopes in this life.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 12:48:36 PM
At 1/17/2015 12:11:42 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 1/17/2015 12:08:56 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
My second coming

I AM

The Way

The Truth

The Life

knock knock

who's there?

Understanding

Understanding who?

Understanding YOU

If you listen to my testimonies, you will get to know yourself within My mind.

EE:

Sure you have the "room to let"?
Seems a tad bit crowded in there already.
Rant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 2:18:35 PM
Juan> 2 Peter 3:3-4 reads; "First of all you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. They will say, "Where is this coming He promised? Ever since our fathers died, everything goes on as it has from the beginning of creation." As I see it the world is falling apart as the bible said it will in the last days. As birth pangs harder faster to give birth to Jacobs troubles. Enjoy
Bennett91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 2:37:00 PM
At 1/17/2015 1:57:59 PM, Rant wrote:
One starts the tribulation {Jacobs troubles} one ends it. Enjoy

You act as if >1% of the population going missing is going to change our daily lives. Unless demons are bursting out from Hell, the rapture will change nothing.
Rant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 2:58:36 PM
Benn> your right in a way and wrong in a way, some will come to Christ after the rapture and will die for this, others will take the mark and curse Jesus god all the way to Hell >I can give you verses from the bible. Enjoy
Rant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 5:12:53 PM
The Tribulation is one of the most significant periods of God's dealing with humankind and certainly occupies a most prominent place in His prophetic plan. More space is dedicated to that little seven-year period than any other comparable time frame in the Bible. It is mentioned over fifty times in the Old Testament by such expressions as "the day of calamity," "day of wrath," "the day of the Lord's wrath," "the day of Jacob's trouble," "the day of vengeance of our God," "time of trouble", "and "the day of the Lord." In every case it is talking about the nation of Israel.

Man Will Never Destroy the World - We hear a great deal of speculation as to whether or not human beings will ever destroy the world. That this could never happen is seen by the fact that God projects seven years in the future destined for His people Israel, which will be consummated in the physical coming of Christ to the earth to set up His millennial kingdom. Everything God determines and predicts in His Word will happen. Therefore we can say without reservation that human beings will not destroy the world.
Purpose of the Tribulation - We should examine God's purpose in sending the 7 year Tribulation. We are not left to conjecture, for it was revealed to Daniel at the same time he received the prediction of the "seventy sevens" (which both the context and the Hebrew word mean "weeks" of years or 490 years; note esp. Dan. 9 v.24.
God never does anything without a purpose, and in this verse we find that He had six things in mind. "Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 5:21:36 PM
At 1/17/2015 2:18:35 PM, Rant wrote:
Juan> 2 Peter 3:3-4 reads; "First of all you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. They will say, "Where is this coming He promised? Ever since our fathers died, everything goes on as it has from the beginning of creation." As I see it the world is falling apart as the bible said it will in the last days. As birth pangs harder faster to give birth to Jacobs troubles. Enjoy

I guess, according to the New Testament, I would be an antichrist (anyone who rejected the christian teaching at the time was an antichrist; there were many).

There's some things the Bible gets right and there's others the Bible gets wrong. As you see, the Bible has something in common with so many other religious books.
Juan_Pablo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 5:26:06 PM
At 1/17/2015 5:21:36 PM, Juan_Pablo wrote:
At 1/17/2015 2:18:35 PM, Rant wrote:

I guess, according to the New Testament, I would be an antichrist (anyone who rejected the christian teaching at the time was an antichrist; there were many).

There's some things the Bible gets right and there's others the Bible gets wrong. As you see, the Bible has something in common with so many other religious books.

I guess the Bible also has something in common Wikipedia, too. *scratches chin*
Rant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 5:35:10 PM
I guess, according to the New Testament, I would be an antichrist> Your an Anti_christ but not THE ANTI_CHRIST. Enjoy
Rant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 5:40:04 PM
The Bible is 100% ! Enjoy a Book that can tell you the future but the wicked want no part off any reading of it.
Rant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/17/2015 5:45:06 PM
The Bible tells America is nothing soon , the inner islam ring around Israel will be destroyed , then the outer ring lead by Russia will be destroyed , there will be a rapture , an Anti_Christ and Eu 10 nation and on an on but no one wants to now? Why
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 9:48:39 PM
At 1/17/2015 5:45:06 PM, Rant wrote:
The Bible tells America is nothing soon , the inner islam ring around Israel will be destroyed , then the outer ring lead by Russia will be destroyed , there will be a rapture , an Anti_Christ and Eu 10 nation and on an on but no one wants to now? Why

Some people believe the Bible can speak like you do but I've never heard my Bible tell me anything. I listen to our Creator who taught me everything He wanted me to know. Now I know I am His voice.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 6:12:41 PM

Believers in the fiction and fantasy are already caught up in it. They were caught up in it the first time around and are still caught up in it the second time around and will continue to be caught up in it as long as the fiction continues to be recycled and people continue to believe it.