Total Posts:18|Showing Posts:1-18
Jump to topic:

The strongest argument against a creator God

dee-em
Posts: 6,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 7:19:49 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
The mosquito.

From Wikipedia:

Although a few species are harmless or even useful to humanity, the females of most species are ectoparasites whose tube-like mouthparts pierce the hosts' skin to suck the blood. The word "mosquito" (formed by mosca and diminutive ito) is from the Spanish or Portuguese for "little fly".[2] Thousands of species feed on the blood of various kinds of hosts, mainly vertebrates, including mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, and even some kinds of fish. Some mosquitoes also attack invertebrates, mainly arthropods.

Though the loss of blood seldom is of much importance to the victim, the saliva of the mosquito often causes an irritating rash that constitutes a serious nuisance. Much more serious though, are the roles of many species of mosquitoes as vectors of diseases. In passing from host to host, some of them transmit extremely harmful infections such as malaria, yellow fever, and filariasis.[3]

The WHO estimates that in 2010 there were 219 million cases of malaria resulting in 660,000 deaths.[3][100] Others have estimated the number of cases at between 350 and 550 million for falciparum malaria[101] and deaths in 2010 at 1.24 million[102] up from 1.0 million deaths in 1990.[103] The majority of cases (65%) occur in children under 15 years old.[102]

The WHO estimates 200,000 cases of disease and 30,000 deaths a year occur; the number of officially reported cases is far lower.

What kind of fiendish being would create such a parasitic organism which brings so much death and misery to the world (not just humans)? What possible purpose does it serve? Since such a being is incompatible with most theistic conceptions of a deity, this means there cannot be a God.
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 7:48:02 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/18/2015 7:43:35 AM, XLAV wrote:
Made by the devil obviously.
The deity and the devil would appear to be one and the same!
Classified
Posts: 251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 8:06:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/18/2015 7:19:49 AM, dee-em wrote:
The mosquito.

From Wikipedia:

Although a few species are harmless or even useful to humanity, the females of most species are ectoparasites whose tube-like mouthparts pierce the hosts' skin to suck the blood. The word "mosquito" (formed by mosca and diminutive ito) is from the Spanish or Portuguese for "little fly".[2] Thousands of species feed on the blood of various kinds of hosts, mainly vertebrates, including mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians, and even some kinds of fish. Some mosquitoes also attack invertebrates, mainly arthropods.

Though the loss of blood seldom is of much importance to the victim, the saliva of the mosquito often causes an irritating rash that constitutes a serious nuisance. Much more serious though, are the roles of many species of mosquitoes as vectors of diseases. In passing from host to host, some of them transmit extremely harmful infections such as malaria, yellow fever, and filariasis.[3]

The WHO estimates that in 2010 there were 219 million cases of malaria resulting in 660,000 deaths.[3][100] Others have estimated the number of cases at between 350 and 550 million for falciparum malaria[101] and deaths in 2010 at 1.24 million[102] up from 1.0 million deaths in 1990.[103] The majority of cases (65%) occur in children under 15 years old.[102]

The WHO estimates 200,000 cases of disease and 30,000 deaths a year occur; the number of officially reported cases is far lower.

What kind of fiendish being would create such a parasitic organism which brings so much death and misery to the world (not just humans)? What possible purpose does it serve? Since such a being is incompatible with most theistic conceptions of a deity, this means there cannot be a God.

Of all the arguments I have seen you post. This is the weakest.

Superman, you're being kinda funny and non-sensual sometimes.
You really have to look at both sides of the situation.
Have you ever heard of obstacles?

Of course you have. To you, I might be a very small and hard obstacle to dodge.

In the beginning, it was all peaceful. There were no carnivores. Mosquitos probably just helped tree reproduction or something.

Then people sinned and since we sinned, we became mortal and the animals develop the food chains we know today.
Mosquitos are just challenges in our lives.
You've heard of the story of Job in the Bible. He was faced by many troubles and challenges and he still praised God.
Let me guess, next thing you'll say is, "Because he's stupid."

Look, mosquitos being one of humans most hated and smacked insects just happened to be.

God first created mosquitos for a good intention.
Any intention is a good intention if you look at the bright side.
Mosquitos weren't a problem until the fall of men.

So far, Superman, your arguments need more backing up. Don't just use wikipedia. Use other sources as well. Eg healthline.org or medicinenet.org

You appearing with an argument with mosquitos being the worst creation by God is just reasonably and logically baloney.

I actually enjoyed fighting your other points like the one where you and Peter and had a dialogue about Peter Pan and human flight and the cart and the horse thing.
Classified
Posts: 251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 8:09:29 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/18/2015 7:48:02 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 1/18/2015 7:43:35 AM, XLAV wrote:
Made by the devil obviously.
The deity and the devil would appear to be one and the same!

The following has full of respect.

PPPPHHHBBBBBTTTTTT!!!

Where's the proof? 05JJ?
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 9:08:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/18/2015 8:09:29 AM, Classified wrote:
At 1/18/2015 7:48:02 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 1/18/2015 7:43:35 AM, XLAV wrote:
Made by the devil obviously.
The deity and the devil would appear to be one and the same!

The following has full of respect.

PPPPHHHBBBBBTTTTTT!!!

Where's the proof? 05JJ?

Well if the deity in the Bible was real instead of the fictional character I think it is, it is all bad, so the devil couldn't possibly be any worse.
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 9:12:59 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
BTW Classified, if you really are 13, the same age as my eldest grandson, what are you doing playing on a forum of this nature, surely you should have better things to do like school work, and hanging around with your friends? I would be very concerned if a child/grandchild of mind was wasting their young life on such nonsense. Do your parents know what you are getting up to on-line?
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 9:23:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/18/2015 8:06:05 AM, Classified wrote:

Of all the arguments I have seen you post. This is the weakest.

Superman, you're being kinda funny and non-sensual sometimes.
You really have to look at both sides of the situation.
Have you ever heard of obstacles?

Of course you have. To you, I might be a very small and hard obstacle to dodge.

In the beginning, it was all peaceful. There were no carnivores. Mosquitos probably just helped tree reproduction or something.
Then people sinned and since we sinned, we became mortal and the animals develop the food chains we know today.
Mosquitos are just challenges in our lives.

Tree production or something? LOL. If the argument you rebut is weak, yours is batsh1t crazy.

You've heard of the story of Job in the Bible. He was faced by many troubles and challenges and he still praised God.
Let me guess, next thing you'll say is, "Because he's stupid."

No, God is pure evil for betting with Satan.

Look, mosquitos being one of humans most hated and smacked insects just happened to be.

God first created mosquitos for a good intention.
Any intention is a good intention if you look at the bright side.
Mosquitos weren't a problem until the fall of men.

LOL. That isn't an argument, it's a fairy tale,

So far, Superman, your arguments need more backing up. Don't just use wikipedia. Use other sources as well. Eg healthline.org or medicinenet.org


You appearing with an argument with mosquitos being the worst creation by God is just reasonably and logically baloney.

True, the Bible was the worst creation.

I actually enjoyed fighting your other points like the one where you and Peter and had a dialogue about Peter Pan and human flight and the cart and the horse thing.

You can barely string a coherent sentence together, you have yet to argue any points.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Geneaux
Posts: 48
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 9:38:54 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Perhaps God has morally sufficient reasons to permit such suffering. Maybe people doing good works for the ill causes more people to be saved and go to Heaven than would otherwise be the case.
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 10:25:41 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/18/2015 8:06:05 AM, Classified wrote:
Look, mosquitos being one of humans most hated and smacked insects just happened to be.

God first created mosquitos for a good intention.
Any intention is a good intention if you look at the bright side.
Mosquitos weren't a problem until the fall of men.

So not only is God not all knowing, but he doesn't even know what he is doing. Gotcha.
Electric-Eccentric
Posts: 1,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 10:39:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
WE are the creator GOD.
If you don't like the way that GOD is doing things,
Blame yourself first and then you can think on how silly it really is to try and place the blame for your PERSONAL choices elsewhere.

the dog did it
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
Harikrish
Posts: 11,005
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 10:49:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/18/2015 10:39:20 AM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
WE are the creator GOD.
If you don't like the way that GOD is doing things,
Blame yourself first and then you can think on how silly it really is to try and place the blame for your PERSONAL choices elsewhere.

the dog did it
There were older civilizations that existed before Israel of biblical times. Egypt, Mesopotamia , India and China were thousands of years older and highly advanced before the Jews appeared.
Therefore Israel could not have been the place where humans were first created as in Adam and Eve. So neither are the Jews the oldest original inhabitants nor is their religion the oldest.
Electric-Eccentric
Posts: 1,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 11:09:32 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/18/2015 10:49:44 AM, Harikrish wrote:
At 1/18/2015 10:39:20 AM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
WE are the creator GOD.
If you don't like the way that GOD is doing things,
Blame yourself first and then you can think on how silly it really is to try and place the blame for your PERSONAL choices elsewhere.

the dog did it
There were older civilizations that existed before Israel of biblical times. Egypt, Mesopotamia , India and China were thousands of years older and highly advanced before the Jews appeared.
Therefore Israel could not have been the place where humans were first created as in Adam and Eve. So neither are the Jews the oldest original inhabitants nor is their religion the oldest.

EE:

And your point is?

Seems like a example of more cup holders being better.
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
Classified
Posts: 251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 4:58:22 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/18/2015 9:23:33 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 1/18/2015 8:06:05 AM, Classified wrote:

Of all the arguments I have seen you post. This is the weakest.

Superman, you're being kinda funny and non-sensual sometimes.
You really have to look at both sides of the situation.
Have you ever heard of obstacles?

Of course you have. To you, I might be a very small and hard obstacle to dodge.

In the beginning, it was all peaceful. There were no carnivores. Mosquitos probably just helped tree reproduction or something.
Then people sinned and since we sinned, we became mortal and the animals develop the food chains we know today.
Mosquitos are just challenges in our lives.

Tree production or something? LOL. If the argument you rebut is weak, yours is batsh1t crazy.

You've heard of the story of Job in the Bible. He was faced by many troubles and challenges and he still praised God.
Let me guess, next thing you'll say is, "Because he's stupid."

No, God is pure evil for betting with Satan.

Look, mosquitos being one of humans most hated and smacked insects just happened to be.

God first created mosquitos for a good intention.
Any intention is a good intention if you look at the bright side.
Mosquitos weren't a problem until the fall of men.

LOL. That isn't an argument, it's a fairy tale,

So far, Superman, your arguments need more backing up. Don't just use wikipedia. Use other sources as well. Eg healthline.org or medicinenet.org


You appearing with an argument with mosquitos being the worst creation by God is just reasonably and logically baloney.

True, the Bible was the worst creation.

I actually enjoyed fighting your other points like the one where you and Peter and had a dialogue about Peter Pan and human flight and the cart and the horse thing.

You can barely string a coherent sentence together, you have yet to argue any points.

Duh! My point was that mosquitos shouldn't be looked at to continue life.
Don't judge others. Criticism is welcome but judge others and you will regret it.
dee-em
Posts: 6,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 5:44:16 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/18/2015 7:43:35 AM, XLAV wrote:
Made by the devil obviously.

Sure. Let's accept there is a devil. Who made him?

All you are doing is shifting the problem one place up the line.
dee-em
Posts: 6,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 5:53:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/18/2015 9:38:54 AM, Geneaux wrote:
Perhaps God has morally sufficient reasons to permit such suffering. Maybe people doing good works for the ill causes more people to be saved and go to Heaven than would otherwise be the case.

Bad luck about those poor millions who suffer and die, right? Let's just concern ourselves with the thousands of health workers who get "saved". Their souls are much more important.

Of all the morally bankrupt Christian apologies, this one has to take the cake. It's positively cringe-worthy.
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 6:01:30 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/19/2015 5:53:04 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 1/18/2015 9:38:54 AM, Geneaux wrote:
Perhaps God has morally sufficient reasons to permit such suffering. Maybe people doing good works for the ill causes more people to be saved and go to Heaven than would otherwise be the case.

Bad luck about those poor millions who suffer and die, right? Let's just concern ourselves with the thousands of health workers who get "saved". Their souls are much more important.

Of all the morally bankrupt Christian apologies, this one has to take the cake. It's positively cringe-worthy.

I agree. As I have said before, if such a morally bankrupt deity actually existed we should be finding ways of exterminating it!