Jump to topic:

Comparative Study: Build Your Own Ideology

Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 11:20:31 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Besides the idea that there is no God or deity, it appears that the existence of a God would still not convince many to accept a religion. There is also the Problem of Evil, the Concept of Free Will, the example of Prophets and leaders attributed to a religion, and other issues that prevents people from embracing a religion. However, religious people claim that their religion sufficiently answers all of these issues and yet there is still disagreement amongst humanity as to what is the truth about religion.

I myself say that Islam has the best answers and solutions in life. Many will disagree. This leads me to ask, if Islam is not the best way of life and you are able to build your own ideology better than Islam that explains life, how and why things exist, and solutions to problems in life, what would it be? Let's have a dialogue.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 1:34:05 PM
At 1/18/2015 11:20:31 AM, Fatihah wrote:
Besides the idea that there is no God or deity, it appears that the existence of a God would still not convince many to accept a religion.

Yes, that would convince many to accept a religion, including many non-believers. And until anyone can produce a God or deity, or one just happens to appear, then religions are just myths and superstitions.

There is also the Problem of Evil, the Concept of Free Will, the example of Prophets and leaders attributed to a religion, and other issues that prevents people from embracing a religion.

Religions could all be lies based on delusions and mental disorders, they were all created by men.

However, religious people claim that their religion sufficiently answers all of these issues and yet there is still disagreement amongst humanity as to what is the truth about religion.

There is no truth in religions, that is the answer.

I myself say that Islam has the best answers and solutions in life.

Could that be because you were indoctrinated into being a Muslim?

Many will disagree. This leads me to ask, if Islam is not the best way of life and you are able to build your own ideology better than Islam that explains life, how and why things exist, and solutions to problems in life, what would it be?

It's called science, understanding, facts, evidence, theories, etc. All of these things are explaining life. Islam explains nothing.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 1:41:50 PM
At 1/18/2015 1:34:05 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
Besides the idea that there is no God or deity, it appears that the existence of a God would still not convince many to accept a religion.

Yes, that would convince many to accept a religion, including many non-believers. And until anyone can produce a God or deity, or one just happens to appear, then religions are just myths and superstitions.

There is also the Problem of Evil, the Concept of Free Will, the example of Prophets and leaders attributed to a religion, and other issues that prevents people from embracing a religion.

Religions could all be lies based on delusions and mental disorders, they were all created by men.

However, religious people claim that their religion sufficiently answers all of these issues and yet there is still disagreement amongst humanity as to what is the truth about religion.

Many will disagree. This leads me to ask, if Islam is not the best way of life and you are able to build your own ideology better than Islam that explains life, how and why things exist, and solutions to problems in life, what would it be?

It's called science, understanding, facts, evidence, theories, etc. All of these things are explaining life. Islam explains nothing.

Response: So how does science answer the problem of poverty?
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 1:55:29 PM
At 1/18/2015 1:41:50 PM, Fatihah wrote:

Science answers poverty through research of economic, educational, racial, sociological, financial, geographical and a host of other disciplines, we understand a great deal about poverty. For example, in most countries of the world, the more religious a society, the more poverty is has.

So, tell me, how does Islam answer the problem of poverty? And, why are most Islamic nations impoverished?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Benshapiro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 1:57:36 PM
At 1/18/2015 1:55:29 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 1/18/2015 1:41:50 PM, Fatihah wrote:

Science answers poverty through research of economic, educational, racial, sociological, financial, geographical and a host of other disciplines, we understand a great deal about poverty. For example, in most countries of the world, the more religious a society, the more poverty is has.

So, tell me, how does Islam answer the problem of poverty? And, why are most Islamic nations impoverished?

I don't think you understood. Science tells us what IS. Science can't tell us what OUGHT to be.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 2:02:21 PM

Response: So a family that is poor and hungry can be out of poverty right now if they do some scientific research? This is your solution to poverty? A paper on science does not put food in my stomach or make the lights come on.

Islam, on the other hand, says for everyone to contribute a percentage of their earnings to charity, thus ending poverty.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 2:15:57 PM
At 1/18/2015 2:02:21 PM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: So a family that is poor and hungry can be out of poverty right now if they do some scientific research? This is your solution to poverty? A paper on science does not put food in my stomach or make the lights come on.

That's not what you asked. Solutions to problems are based on the scientific information provided. Do you not know how societies work?

Islam, on the other hand, says for everyone to contribute a percentage of their earnings to charity, thus ending poverty.

And yet, Islamic countries are some of the poorest countries in the world. Obviously, Islam does not end poverty, but indeed increases poverty, based on the facts.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 2:33:33 PM
At 1/18/2015 2:15:57 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

That's not what you asked. Solutions to problems are based on the scientific information provided. Do you not know how societies work?

And yet, Islamic countries are some of the poorest countries in the world. Obviously, Islam does not end poverty, but indeed increases poverty, based on the facts.

Response: A solution to poverty is not scientific research. A hungry person does not get full by doing a research paper. So your ideology is clearly flawed. Whereas proving part of your income to charity does, as Islam says. Thus Islam trumps your ideology.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 3:46:27 PM
At 1/18/2015 2:33:33 PM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: A solution to poverty is not scientific research. A hungry person does not get full by doing a research paper.

Wow, you are quite ignorant as to how societies work and are making a very childish and immature comment.

So your ideology is clearly flawed.

It isn't an ideology, it is reality.

Whereas proving part of your income to charity does, as Islam says. Thus Islam trumps your ideology.

And yet, you completely ignore that fact that Islamic countries are some of the poorest in the world, while secular societies that do scientific research are more wealthier.

This is called reality.
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 4:03:02 PM
At 1/18/2015 3:46:27 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Response: A solution to poverty is not scientific research. A hungry person does not get full by doing a research paper.

Wow, you are quite ignorant as to how societies work and are making a very childish and immature comment.

Whereas proving part of your income to charity does, as Islam says. Thus Islam trumps your ideology.

And yet, you completely ignore that fact that Islamic countries are some of the poorest in the world, while secular societies that do scientific research are more wealthier.

This is called reality.

Response: Only a deluded person would think to satisfy hunger, you do a research paper. Thus exposing your seriously warped ideology. A research paper will not get me a plate of food. You sound mental. Fortunately, we have Islam that provides a simple and better solution which is to give in charity. Islam trumps your ideology.

And since charity does not cause poverty but prevents it, then the fact that Muslim countries are poor clearly shows that it is not due to Islam, but to cultural practices outside of Islam.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 5:20:52 PM
At 1/18/2015 4:03:02 PM, Fatihah wrote:
At 1/18/2015 3:46:27 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

This is called reality.

Response: Only a deluded person would think to satisfy hunger, you do a research paper. Thus exposing your seriously warped ideology. A research paper will not get me a plate of food.

Yes, they will. They help to find solutions to problems such as poverty.

Islam does not provide a plate of food.

You sound mental.

You sound stupid.

Fortunately, we have Islam that provides a simple and better solution which is to give in charity. Islam trumps your ideology.

And yet, Islamic countries have the most poverty.

And since charity does not cause poverty but prevents it, then the fact that Muslim countries are poor clearly shows that it is not due to Islam

But, Islam does not help poverty because there is great poverty in those countries. Islam fails to stop poverty.

but to cultural practices outside of Islam.

What cultural practices outside of Islam?
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 5:56:46 PM
At 1/18/2015 5:20:52 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Response: Only a deluded person would think to satisfy hunger, you do a research paper. Thus exposing your seriously warped ideology. A research paper will not get me a plate of food.

Yes, they will. They help to find solutions to problems such as poverty.

Response: Only a deluded person thinks they can go to the market and by food with a science paper. Thanks for clarifying.Debunked.

You sound mental.

You sound stupid.

Response: Says the person who tries to shop for food by using a research paper.

Fortunately, we have Islam that provides a simple and better solution which is to give in charity. Islam trumps your ideology.

And yet, Islamic countries have the most poverty.

And since charity does not cause poverty but prevents it, then the fact that Muslim countries are poor clearly shows that it is not due to Islam

But, Islam does not help poverty because there is great poverty in those countries. Islam fails to stop poverty.

Response: Yet charity does help poverty and since charity is taught in Islam then Islam is the solution to poverty and your philosophy to buy a hamburger with a research paper is the cause of poverty in a Muslim country.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 7:33:25 PM
At 1/18/2015 5:56:46 PM, Fatihah wrote:

Response: Only a deluded person thinks they can go to the market and by food with a science paper. Thanks for clarifying.Debunked.

Response: Says the person who tries to shop for food by using a research paper.

Response: Yet charity does help poverty and since charity is taught in Islam then Islam is the solution to poverty and your philosophy to buy a hamburger with a research paper is the cause of poverty in a Muslim country.

The Islamic propagandist will lie about anything to defend Islam no matter what, no different than the Christian evangelist.