Jump to topic:

which is better...

POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 8:59:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Doing good for the sake of God or people/anything else? i think if we remove God's place here it becomes egoistic in its nature.... sometimes people questioning the principle in Islam doing anything only for the sake of God... they ask why not for the individual itself? your lover friends.. but it really doesnt make any sense.

for example say a humanitarian helping poor people because he feels good about it.. it seems to look very nice but its really egoistic... or you love somebody because she/he is rich,beautiful charming...im not saying its wrong we have feeling too.. but imagine the same thing we can apply to psychopaths or robbers... they love to hurt/steal from people because it makes them to feel good or they have interest in it...

while doing to the sake of God their is no ego involved..... there is no "for me"

so which intention is better doing for.. God or the individual itself? all thoughts u welcome.
Never fart near dog
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 9:08:20 PM
So your point is that helping others because it's the right thing to do, and doing the right thing makes you feel good about your character, is bad. Meanwhile, doing good things only because you think you're being watched and have to win a place in paradise by doing what you're told - even when you feel it's wrong - is good?
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
POPOO5560
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 9:41:14 PM
At 1/18/2015 9:08:20 PM, Beastt wrote:
So your point is that helping others because it's the right thing to do, and doing the right thing makes you feel good about your character, is bad. Meanwhile, doing good things only because you think you're being watched and have to win a place in paradise by doing what you're told - even when you feel it's wrong - is good?

im not saying its bad. my point here is if you take out God's place here and really analyze it you just doing it for your ego... becaues i feel good about it or i think its right to do so...

but why its right as you said? take God out of this world you have evolution... the strong survives and the weak perishes, right and wrong its just your imagination there is no right or wrong in reality.if you read Niccolo Machiavelli works ( founder of modern political science im sure you know him...) its vividly clear. its all about interests theres no right or wrong/moral values. as he says -
The distinction between children and adults, while probably useful for some purposes, is at bottom a specious one, I feel. There are only individual egos, crazy for love.

secondly why you are "righter" from others who think robbing is right? according to them we are you and me are morons we can do what ever they want.
Never fart near dog
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 10:02:18 PM
At 1/18/2015 9:41:14 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
At 1/18/2015 9:08:20 PM, Beastt wrote:

im not saying its bad. my point here is if you take out God's place here and really analyze it you just doing it for your ego... becaues i feel good about it or i think its right to do so...

but why its right as you said? take God out of this world you have evolution... the strong survives and the weak perishes, right and wrong its just your imagination there is no right or wrong in reality.if you read Niccolo Machiavelli works ( founder of modern political science im sure you know him...) its vividly clear. its all about interests theres no right or wrong/moral values. as he says -
The distinction between children and adults, while probably useful for some purposes, is at bottom a specious one, I feel. There are only individual egos, crazy for love.

secondly why you are "righter" from others who think robbing is right? according to them we are you and me are morons we can do what ever they want.

I can't decide which is more sad; that you can't really understand reality, or that you somehow think behaving in a certain way because you're being watched and judge, is better than behaving in the most appropriate manner (given a human perspective), because it's beneficial to other humans, and in turn, beneficial to all.

What makes you think it's better to buy a sandwich for a hungry person because you have an over-bearing. all watchful judge monitoring your every move and every thought, than simply because you receive a personal reward from exercising your natural empathy?

By the way, evolution is not a system of the strongest surviving. It's a system which is absolutely inescapable, in which the most adaptable are most likely to survive. This also doesn't mean there are no moral values. It defines moral values. An act is moral when it benefits the system of living together in groups, and immoral when it harms living together in groups. And we all benefit from the increased understanding an productivity of living in social groups.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/18/2015 10:08:16 PM
At 1/18/2015 8:59:24 PM, POPOO5560 wrote:
Doing good for the sake of God or people/anything else? i think if we remove God's place here it becomes egoistic in its nature.... sometimes people questioning the principle in Islam doing anything only for the sake of God... they ask why not for the individual itself? your lover friends.. but it really doesnt make any sense.

for example say a humanitarian helping poor people because he feels good about it.. it seems to look very nice but its really egoistic... or you love somebody because she/he is rich,beautiful charming...im not saying its wrong we have feeling too.. but imagine the same thing we can apply to psychopaths or robbers... they love to hurt/steal from people because it makes them to feel good or they have interest in it...

while doing to the sake of God their is no ego involved..... there is no "for me"

so which intention is better doing for.. God or the individual itself? all thoughts u welcome.

NO Christian or Muslim ever testified to the knowledge of God even though they appear to be good amongst each other. The rest of God's people view these heathen religious people as psychopaths, robbers, murderers, etc.