Jump to topic:

Really God, Tay-Sachs?

MyDinosaurHands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 1:04:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
If God wants you to have the free will to choose your consequences, uh, what's up with Tay-Sachs? It kills people before they're of the age to make their own choices.
Guess what I used to type this..

Careful! Don't laugh too hard.
Burzmali
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 1:21:37 PM
At 1/19/2015 1:04:08 PM, MyDinosaurHands wrote:
If God wants you to have the free will to choose your consequences, uh, what's up with Tay-Sachs? It kills people before they're of the age to make their own choices.

Not only that, but it disproportionately affects Ashkenazi Jews. So much for being the chosen people.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 9:36:23 PM
At 1/19/2015 1:21:37 PM, Burzmali wrote:

Not only that, but it disproportionately affects Ashkenazi Jews. So much for being the chosen people.

It was the devil's attempt to keep the messiah from coming by killing the child as a baby. Genetic manipulation and corruption of the human genome is a common tactic of Satan.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 9:39:56 PM
At 1/19/2015 9:36:23 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

It was the devil's attempt to keep the messiah from coming by killing the child as a baby. Genetic manipulation and corruption of the human genome is a common tactic of Satan.

Mhykiel , are you deist or Christian? I'm so confused...
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 9:47:47 PM
At 1/19/2015 9:39:56 PM, Skepticalone wrote:

Well I can entertain the crazy ideas as well.

See in Noah the sons of God (fallen angels) began to mate with the daughters of man. Obviously the angels were beautiful and mighty creatures, how could any man compete. It was a concerted effort by the fallen angels to corrupt the genetic fidelity of mankind, thereby trying to make the curse God gave the serpent null "And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel."

Because of this God had to flood the world and imprison the fallen angels. Plus these angels were reptilian. Satan was Lucifer the angel of dinosaurs. When Satan with the other fallen angels it destroyed the dinosaurs.
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 9:57:42 PM

And by letting yourself be distracted by your Satan projection, you fail to grasp the Ashkenazim moral error that God has shown up in diseases specific to my people, stemming directly from the Jewish racist ideology that Jews cannot marry into Gentiles and thus inbreeding has produced the diseases of imbreds. Since Nature is of God and since Nature disallows racist inbreeding to go on unchecked as a bad survival strategy for any species, it appears the whole idea of us Jews being special to God via genetic purity is so much man-made b.s.

This idea of One Pure Religion/One Pure Religious People, One Pure Book of God, One pure Prophet, One Pure Monotheism, is all a crock of baloney as God is not "One" in that sense of the word, but a Unity, a Holy Family, a Plurality, an Elohim. Monotheism gets you into trouble as it was never spiritually true of God's identity and fosters religious fascist ideas instead of spiritual truth, e.g. the Chosen One's getting imbreeding diseases because of false teachings being reinforced by fascist religionists unable to recognize the immorality of racism.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 9:57:57 PM
At 1/19/2015 9:47:47 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

See in Noah the sons of God (fallen angels) began to mate with the daughters of man. Obviously the angels were beautiful and mighty creatures, how could any man compete. It was a concerted effort by the fallen angels to corrupt the genetic fidelity of mankind, thereby trying to make the curse God gave the serpent null "And I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and hers; he will crush your head, and you will strike his heel."

Because of this God had to flood the world and imprison the fallen angels. Plus these angels were reptilian. Satan was Lucifer the angel of dinosaurs. When Satan with the other fallen angels it destroyed the dinosaurs.

3 points:

1. WTF did you just say?! ;-)
2. The Bible say the Nephilim existed before AND after the flood, so that story is severely flawed. ...and that's not even getting into the reptilian angels, or angel of the dinosaurs part. lol!
3. Are you Deist or Christian?
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

Idealist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 10:12:04 PM

Well, for one, freedom of will is not the same as freedom of consequences. There are children who die every day from myriad causes without choosing to have it occur, and I don't think any of us really understand why, or even if there is any meaning to it. If you rule-out the presence of any superior intelligence in the world then there is no objective meaning to anything at all, so it seems to me that this is one of those questions which are troubling any way you look at it.
Idealist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 10:14:38 PM

A wise person should be able to entertain any idea without necessarily supporting it. :P
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 10:50:18 PM
At 1/19/2015 9:57:57 PM, Skepticalone wrote:

3 points:

I established the reasoning for Satan, the serpent people, for encouraging genetic disease.

2. The Bible say the Nephilim existed before AND after the flood, so that story is severely flawed. ...and that's not even getting into the reptilian angels, or angel of the dinosaurs part. lol!

Yeah the nephilim are the kids born to the fallen angels (reptilians) and women. The dinosaurs are dead because no longer was their angel guardian (lucifer) in great esteem with God. The nephilim mentioned after the flood were giants, a group of people there just happened to have some of the genetics from before the flood. but those were not hybrids like the ones before the flood.

Deist, I will not deny Jesus as my savior. If that makes me christian so be it. but I keep my arguments here mainly intellectually Deist. Tho i would also say i am a English Deist. A deist who denies miracles and revelation but accepts a personal God.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 11:01:14 PM
At 1/19/2015 10:14:38 PM, Idealist wrote:

A wise person should be able to entertain any idea without necessarily supporting it. :P

How am I wise when I know nothing?
Idealist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 11:26:58 PM
At 1/19/2015 11:01:14 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

I was quoting Aristotle, and I wasn't speaking of you specifically. Lighten up, M, it's just banter! :P
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 11:35:31 PM
At 1/19/2015 11:26:58 PM, Idealist wrote:

I was quoting Aristotle, and I wasn't speaking of you specifically. Lighten up, M, it's just banter! :P

I was paraphrasing Socrates. Always a delight Ideal.
http://en.wikipedia.org...
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2015 11:38:35 PM
At 1/19/2015 10:50:18 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

3 points:

I established the reasoning for Satan, the serpent people, for encouraging genetic disease.

Yeah the nephilim are the kids born to the fallen angels (reptilians) and women. The dinosaurs are dead because no longer was their angel guardian (lucifer) in great esteem with God. The nephilim mentioned after the flood were giants, a group of people there just happened to have some of the genetics from before the flood. but those were not hybrids like the ones before the flood.

That is nonsensical to me, but to be fair, I can't tell if you're pulling my leg or not.

Deist, I will not deny Jesus as my savior. If that makes me christian so be it. but I keep my arguments here mainly intellectually Deist. Tho i would also say i am a English Deist. A deist who denies miracles and revelation but accepts a personal God.

Ok, thank you for sharing. How do you reconcile the possibility of Jesus being your saviour without something supernatural occurring?

Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2015 8:40:54 PM
At 1/19/2015 11:38:35 PM, Skepticalone wrote:
At 1/19/2015 10:50:18 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

3 points:

That is nonsensical to me, but to be fair, I can't tell if you're pulling my leg or not.

Ok, thank you for sharing. How do you reconcile the possibility of Jesus being your saviour without something supernatural occurring?

I'm still investigating. But I think you're right. If you don't belief in a resurrected Jesus then you would not be a christian.
Idealist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 4:49:40 PM
At 1/19/2015 11:35:31 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

I guess that all applies to all of us at times, huh? As Einstein said, only a fool tries to understand everything. :)
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 4:58:47 PM
At 1/21/2015 4:49:40 PM, Idealist wrote:

I guess that all applies to all of us at times, huh? As Einstein said, only a fool tries to understand everything. :)

Or rejects trying to learn anything
Idealist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 5:24:10 PM
At 1/21/2015 4:58:47 PM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 1/21/2015 4:49:40 PM, Idealist wrote:

Or rejects trying to learn anything

You know, I've never really met anyone who woke every morning thinking "I'm determined not to learn anything today. I'm totally happy with knowing nothing, and it has served me well. :P