Jump to topic:

Dinosaurs in the Bible

The-Voice-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2015 11:57:17 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Just wan to see what you all think. There are 2 creatures that I know of called Leviathan and Behemoth. Do your own research, I will not provide any information on the subject.
"...feminazis, my favorite number..." ~PeterSmith

"Add that to the Bible, I guess." ~Max

"Isn't everything on this site my arbitrary whim?" ~Max

"If anyone wants to engage in casual anti-Semitism, then whatever." ~Max

Vaarka swung his sword at the mod. However, since I am now incorporeal, he ends up accidentally striking the entire American landmass (It's a REALLY bastard sword), destroying both continents. Spiders are now at 50% of capacity."
Otokage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2015 12:19:45 PM
At 1/20/2015 11:57:17 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:
Just wan to see what you all think. There are 2 creatures that I know of called Leviathan and Behemoth. Do your own research, I will not provide any information on the subject.

No I don't think Leviathan was a dinosaur. As dinosaurs could not shoot rays and fire from their mouth. Also Leviathan is very vagely described on the Bible, and the description is more like a sea serpent than a dinosaur imo. I believe Leviathan was the rimbombastic version of the dragons of ancient mythologies like sumerian, babilonian, etc. More ancient than jew/christian tradition.

As for behemoth, is such poorly described, that it could be the mythological version of any kind of vertebrate.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2015 12:26:15 PM
At 1/20/2015 11:57:17 AM, The-Voice-of-Truth wrote:

Creatures contrived from the imaginations of the authors of Job, created to purport the power of God.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
There would be peace if you obeyed us.~Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth