Jump to topic:

Convert to Autism today.

wowwhatwhy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2015 12:38:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I have a funny sig in an unusual color and now will quote a well-known user of this site to seem as if I care more about DDO drama than my inept ability to relate to people in real life:

"I want to have a nice bowl of cereal in the morning because it is my right as an American Taxpayer to enjoy cereal in the mornings. Okay im not a taxpayer." - Imabench

http://www.debate.org...
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2015 3:35:27 PM
Yes. Autism is totally a religion because it ends with "ism".
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 6:18:59 AM
At 1/20/2015 12:38:02 PM, wowwhatwhy wrote:

Why is it wrong to try to change your child if he is homosexual but right if he has autism?

Both, according to stakeholders are natural. On what principle is the idea based that autism should be fought and homosexualism embraced?

Please, rabid pro-homo crowd, I have only asked a question, not stated an opinion.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 6:25:36 AM

This is a SICK topic. Autism is a condition, but many autistic people, like my grandson(13) are highly intelligent and good people! What the heck has it got to do with religion?
Classified
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 6:48:56 AM
At 1/26/2015 6:25:36 AM, JJ50 wrote:

This is a SICK topic. Autism is a condition, but many autistic people, like my grandson(13) are highly intelligent and good people! What the heck has it got to do with religion?

For once, I agree with you fully, JJ. Autism is a mental problem that makes autistic people weird. And yeah, you can't really 'convert'. We may pretend to be autistic but the real autistic people have no choice but to follow what their brain wants them do.
Don't underestimate anyone, whether young, old, autistic, smart, yourself, Asians, whites, blacks, etc. Underestimating others is prejudice. Prejudice makes a bad character in a person. Even autistic people could be smart and creative.

Autism has nothing to do with religion unless you accidentally posted this in the wrong forum. You probably misunderstand the concept of religion. Post this in 'miscellaneous' or something...