are you sucking your church dry?

Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 10:28:11 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
start watching at 1:40

I think this principal applies to any faith, that if you have been a christian for like a year then you should be teaching something to those who have been christian for a less amount of time than you. or just doing something productive like that. except if you religion is something other than Christianity just insert your religion in place of 'christian' in that sentence.

in whatever your beliefs are, are you passing on what little you know how in it to someone else that doesn't know yet, are you feeding yourself when it comes to your beliefs or are you being fed? when using the analogy of moving on from baby food to solid food were are you at in the buffet of your beliefs. do other or you beliefs need to rehash the same old stuff (baby formula)for you to understand or have you moved on the deep or complicated stuff (the steak and lobster)?
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 10:39:25 AM
What have you taught us then?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 10:47:14 AM
At 6/22/2010 10:39:25 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

are you part of my church Narcy? as lay-speaker I teach plenty in my church.
the thought behind this principal is not have I taught atheist something but new Christians. Or have you Narcy taught new atheist anything. If you are Hindew have you taught new hindews anything. or if your Muslim have you taught new Muslims anything.

In your own beliefs are you still on formula or have you moved on to solid foods?
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 10:51:15 AM
At 6/22/2010 10:47:14 AM, Marauder wrote:
At 6/22/2010 10:39:25 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

are you part of my church Narcy? as lay-speaker I teach plenty in my church.
the thought behind this principal is not have I taught atheist something but new Christians.

Oh I see, so the objective is a tribalistic circle jerk?

Or have you Narcy taught new atheist anything.

Probably, but I am not under any obligation to do so.

If you are Hindew have you taught new hindews anything. or if your Muslim have you taught new Muslims anything.

In your own beliefs are you still on formula or have you moved on to solid foods?

I dont even know what that means.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 11:06:14 AM
At 6/22/2010 10:51:15 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Well for example, in Christianity one of the fundamentals is how the problem of sin has been addressed by christs sacrifice on the cross. theres also basics like the fact that one day christ will return. As a christian it shouldnt take too long to get those principals down. those who remain on 'baby formula' though are always only learning these things, they dont seek to go any deeper, and there pastors are constanty trying to find ways to rehash those basics they should already be able to recite and give to them. 'steak' would be like going deeper than the basics, not just rehashing them for you to get exited over again and again and again. so if you pursuing steak then you dont need rehashing of the basics, you can feed that to yourself well enough, but rather move on to something deeper, like methods for pursuing sanctification.

not being an athiest though I dont actually know what could count as going 'deep' for you. I guess 'burdon of proof for god' would be amoung the basics or 'baby formula' while social ethics or methods of education or a vulcin like pursuit of logic might count as going deep or 'steak' for you.

so trying to put even simpler, is all you ever study of your own beliefs the rehashed basics or have you pressed on to the more complicated/deeper stuff?

A Scout is Obedient.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2010 6:31:36 AM
At 6/22/2010 11:06:14 AM, Marauder wrote:

Well for example, in Christianity one of the fundamentals is how the problem of sin has been addressed by christs sacrifice on the cross.

Yes...how actually does that work.

theres also basics like the fact that one day christ will return. As a christian it shouldnt take too long to get those principals down. those who remain on 'baby formula' though are always only learning these things, they dont seek to go any deeper, and there pastors are constanty trying to find ways to rehash those basics they should already be able to recite and give to them. 'steak' would be like going deeper than the basics, not just rehashing them for you to get exited over again and again and again. so if you pursuing steak then you dont need rehashing of the basics, you can feed that to yourself well enough, but rather move on to something deeper, like methods for pursuing sanctification.

not being an athiest though I dont actually know what could count as going 'deep' for you. I guess 'burdon of proof for god' would be amoung the basics or 'baby formula' while social ethics or methods of education or a vulcin like pursuit of logic might count as going deep or 'steak' for you.

so trying to put even simpler, is all you ever study of your own beliefs the rehashed basics or have you pressed on to the more complicated/deeper stuff?

I don't really study my own beliefs, my belief is a logical process and I constantly invite alternative logic. To study a fellow atheist would probably be a retrograde step in most cases.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2010 4:20:24 PM
not being an athiest though I dont actually know what could count as going 'deep' for you.

Science and philosophy. Bring on the steak.
President of DDO
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2010 4:21:21 PM
At 6/23/2010 4:20:24 PM, theLwerd wrote:
not being an athiest though I dont actually know what could count as going 'deep' for you.

Science and philosophy. Bring on the steak.

Medium well?
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2010 4:44:05 PM
At 6/23/2010 6:31:36 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Well for example, in Christianity one of the fundamentals is how the problem of sin has been addressed by christs sacrifice on the cross.

Gods are bloodthirsty things.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 12:21:39 PM
At 6/23/2010 4:44:05 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

a just God cannot turn its wrath away from wickedness without a penalty being given. and the only one who can take that penalty for us who are unable to pay is someone who can pay it. and that someone needs to be a perfect sacrifice, or they would be in need of paying the debt as much as we.

A Scout is Obedient.
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 12:32:17 PM
Yeah, converted one Agnostic back to Christianity. Converted two Agnostics to Islam(beats theoretical nihilism).

Stop telling people about the god argument, it's annoying!!! I can beat about half the atheists I know at an debate on Christianity but that's because they have no practice at it.

Seriously, stop preaching Atheism! :(

lol @ the irony.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 1:26:14 PM
At 6/24/2010 12:21:39 PM, Marauder wrote:

a just God cannot turn its wrath away from wickedness
He's a god he can do whatever he wants.

without a penalty being given.
"Just" tends to mean the penalty goes to the criminal.

and the only one who can take that penalty for us who are unable to pay is someone who can pay it.
That's an extreme perversion of justice.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 1:29:00 PM
Vicarious redemption is idiotic and an assault on everything that is reasonable and good.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 6:07:57 PM
At 6/24/2010 1:26:14 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

and the only one who can take that penalty for us who are unable to pay is someone who can pay it.

it is only a perversion if the participant taking the penalty was unwilling. not the case.

and Justice requires that getting a second chance when your being asked to seek that (repent) is even possible. without a penalty being paid for the first transgression though getting a second chance (redemption) remains elusive for us. So out of love someone who could bailed us out making that path possible, but its still ours to choose.
Thats as fine a line as you can walk to keep an altogether messy situation just.

A Scout is Obedient.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 6:08:58 PM
At 6/24/2010 1:29:00 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Vicarious redemption is idiotic and an assault on everything that is reasonable and good.

only if you call love evil.

A Scout is Obedient.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 9:50:56 PM
At 6/24/2010 6:07:57 PM, Marauder wrote:
At 6/24/2010 1:26:14 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

it is only a perversion if the participant taking the penalty was unwilling. not the case.
It's a perversion anyway.

"I lurve my hubby I wanna take his sentence." The proper response from any just court is NO or HELL NO.

and Justice requires that getting a second chance
Not. It doesn't. Justice consists of the consequences of an action accruing to the actor. Nothing more nothing less.

Can't believe I didn't post vid when I first saw thread title.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 11:39:29 PM

a just God cannot turn its wrath away from wickedness without a penalty being given.

That is why Jesus preached of Gehenna, thus negating the need for such a sacrifice.

and the only one who can take that penalty for us who are unable to pay is someone who can pay it. and that someone needs to be a perfect sacrifice, or they would be in need of paying the debt as much as we.

Jesus fails at almost every definition of a religious sacrifice.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 11:40:01 PM
At 6/24/2010 12:32:17 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
Yeah, converted one Agnostic back to Christianity. Converted two Agnostics to Islam(beats theoretical nihilism).

Your retarded class mates don't count.
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2010 2:25:53 AM
At 6/24/2010 11:40:01 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 6/24/2010 12:32:17 PM, Zetsubou wrote:

Your retarded class mates don't count.

Some are retarded most aren't the school is private. They're not the same though.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2010 1:15:51 AM
In Soviet Russia Church worships inside you.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2010 1:16:35 AM
At 6/26/2010 1:15:51 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
In Soviet Russia Church worships inside you.

In Soviet Russia, God worships you!
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2010 7:26:06 PM
At 6/26/2010 9:49:08 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
In Soviet Russia, whores suck church dry!

Not the church; the priest. ;)
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2010 12:04:12 PM
At 6/26/2010 7:26:06 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 6/26/2010 9:49:08 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
In Soviet Russia, whores suck church dry!

Not the church; the priest. ;)

No, that happens in every church.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.