Jump to topic:

Comments on This Video?

ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2015 10:09:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
I find it interesting this is coming from a Christian scientist whose comments at the end, seems to good to be true.
drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2015 10:39:46 PM
Evolution does not go against god or religion, it never made sense to me why religious people are so against it. If I were of one of the abrahamic religions I would use evolution to explain where Cain got his wife. Adam and Eve were made by god and the Canaanites were descendants from monkeys.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2015 10:42:59 PM
At 1/20/2015 10:39:46 PM, drpiek wrote:
Evolution does not go against god or religion, it never made sense to me why religious people are so against it. If I were of one of the abrahamic religions I would use evolution to explain where Cain got his wife. Adam and Eve were made by god and the Canaanites were descendants from monkeys.

That has been used. It lost favor because it got picked up and used for racist propaganda.
Paleophyte
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 12:40:33 AM
At 1/20/2015 10:09:21 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
I find it interesting this is coming from a Christian scientist whose comments at the end, seems to good to be true.

Christian and scientist is not the same as a creation "scientist". It's good to see some of them speaking out against creationism.

I've worked with some excellent scientists who were also Christians, some of them devout. Not a one of them would have touched creationism with a ten foot cattle prod.
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 8:05:02 AM
At 1/21/2015 12:40:33 AM, Paleophyte wrote:
At 1/20/2015 10:09:21 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:

Christian and scientist is not the same as a creation "scientist". It's good to see some of them speaking out against creationism.

I've worked with some excellent scientists who were also Christians, some of them devout. Not a one of them would have touched creationism with a ten foot cattle prod.

In a book this scientist wrote called The Language of God, he has two chapters where he destroys Creationism and Intelligent Design. He even goes far to say ID is not only unscientific but degrading to the idea of an Intelligent Designer.