Jump to topic:

Religion and Politics

Freeman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 1:04:53 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
The Lord hath spoken to the pious citizens of Texas, and he has informed them that homosexuality is an abomination. Accordingly, there is now legislation in the pipeline that would make gay marriage a felony offense.

http://rawstory.com...
Chancellor of Propaganda and Foreign Relations in the Franklin administration.

"I intend to live forever. So far, so good." -- Steven Wright
TheSkeptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 1:44:51 PM
"In addition to this, the Texas GOP seeks to end the state's lottery, which provides millions in funding to public education; restrict citizenship to children born in the United States whose parents are citizens; end federal sponsorship of pre-kindergarten schools; impose a jail sentence on any illegal immigrant in the state; shut down all day-labor centers; cut off all bilingual education after a student's fourth year in a U.S. public school; legalize corporal punishment in public schools; mandate that evolution and global warming be "taught as challengeable scientific theory"; and demand that Congress evict the United Nations from U.S. soil and end American membership in the global body."

I thought I had Texans all figured out, with the whole "buy all the guns you want whenever you want however you want", but making anal and even oral sex illegal? lmao.

"Not one of the state's 181 legislators is a Hispanic Republican."

Huh.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 1:51:34 PM
I once read in some book that some tribe would punish gays by pouring boiled water into their butts.

I don't know how this is relevant, but yeah...
kfc
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 3:02:31 PM
1 for Religion.

On Portugal <--> After the Portuguese SDP come back they will question the law and put it on vote as promised.

Everyone knows Gay Marriage fails at democracy, it's usally a forced dogma-equality.

We win againZ!
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 3:04:24 PM
At 6/22/2010 3:02:31 PM, Zetsubou wrote:
1 for Religion.

On Portugal <--> After the Portuguese SDP come back they will question the law and put it on vote as promised.

Everyone knows Gay Marriage fails at democracy, it's usally a forced dogma-equality.

We win againZ!

Well done for persecuting 10% of the population for no logical reason, I bet you are hoping for a spike in the teenage suicide rates.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 3:06:51 PM
1 for Religion.

We win againZ!
Forced Dogma Equality???? You're kidding me right? Tell me which spiritual principle homosexuality violates? Christ never spoke about homosexuality once. It is part of mosaic law, which is mostly dogmatic antiquated code - again not based in any spiritual principle like being kosher.
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 3:09:51 PM
At 6/22/2010 1:44:51 PM, TheSkeptic wrote:
"In addition to this, the Texas GOP seeks to end the state's lottery, which provides millions in funding to public education..."

Who wrote that? You don't say that you seek to end something, then only mention its positive effects...
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 3:38:26 PM
At 6/22/2010 3:09:51 PM, mongeese wrote:
At 6/22/2010 1:44:51 PM, TheSkeptic wrote:
"In addition to this, the Texas GOP seeks to end the state's lottery, which provides millions in funding to public education..."

Who wrote that? You don't say that you seek to end something, then only mention its positive effects...

Way to poke at one flaw in this. Are you seriously going to support the GOP after they do this?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 3:56:26 PM
They're making it a felony offense? Seriously? What the f*ck is wrong with them?

This after that idiot Rick Perry announces a billion-dollar deficit, while spending $800-million on textbooks which skew history and attempt to debunk evolution in favour of ID. What the f*ck is wrong with you guys?

No wonder a Democrat is tied with Perry for the governor's race. I'd want to wash my hands of these fools as soon as possible.
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 4:49:47 PM
At 6/22/2010 3:56:26 PM, Volkov wrote:
They're making it a felony offense? Seriously? What the f*ck is wrong with them?

Agreed.

Why do people care so much about homosexuality? How does homosexuality affect anyone but homosexuals? I just don't understand.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
Yvette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 6:49:40 PM
1 for Religion.

We win againZ!

I hope you're totally cool then if the majority ever decides to outlaw your religion, sexuality, etc, despite it not affecting them in the slightest.
In the middle of moving to Washington. 8D

"If God does not exist, then chocolate causing cancer is only true for the society that has evidence for that." --GodSands
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 2:27:21 PM
At 6/22/2010 6:49:40 PM, Yvette wrote:
1 for Religion.

We win againZ!

I hope you're totally cool then if the majority ever decides to outlaw your religion, sexuality, etc, despite it not affecting them in the slightest.

lol, I hate democracy, I was taking the piss.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
Steelerman6794
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 3:40:14 PM
Even though the organization usually makes me want to vomit, the ACLU needs to be in Texas right now. I dare the state to pass legislation that would criminalize same-sex couples "holding hands" or something ridiculous like that. All hell would break loose, and in a good way.