Total Posts:56|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Is the hell and the heaven existent?

dee-em
Posts: 6,490
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 5:32:29 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/21/2015 4:48:48 AM, frbnsn wrote:
Why not?!!!

For something not to exist, is a reason required?

Do you have a reason why an invisible pink elephant isn't dancing behind your back right now?
Impartial
Posts: 375
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 4:06:11 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/21/2015 4:48:48 AM, frbnsn wrote:
Why not?!!!

Aren't they made up places that are used to manipulate people into believing? Perhaps you're one of them. Ooops. Awkward...
To believe is to know nothing.
frbnsn
Posts: 353
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 4:02:09 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/21/2015 5:32:29 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 1/21/2015 4:48:48 AM, frbnsn wrote:
Why not?!!!

For something not to exist, is a reason required?

Do you have a reason why an invisible pink elephant isn't dancing behind your back right now?

I see you te inclined not to believe in a Creator and also the hell and heaven.
In fact, we see the signes of them in our life everyday.
We sometimes suffer from something worrying and sometimes be happy with a something gladsome event.
frbnsn
Posts: 353
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 4:04:16 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/21/2015 4:06:11 PM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/21/2015 4:48:48 AM, frbnsn wrote:
Why not?!!!

Aren't they made up places that are used to manipulate people into believing? Perhaps you're one of them. Ooops. Awkward...

In fact, we see the signes of them in our life everyday.
We sometimes suffer from something worrying and sometimes be happy with a something gladsome event.
Impartial
Posts: 375
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 5:01:16 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/22/2015 4:04:16 AM, frbnsn wrote:
At 1/21/2015 4:06:11 PM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/21/2015 4:48:48 AM, frbnsn wrote:
Why not?!!!

Aren't they made up places that are used to manipulate people into believing? Perhaps you're one of them. Ooops. Awkward...

In fact, we see the signes of them in our life everyday.
We sometimes suffer from something worrying and sometimes be happy with a something gladsome event.

Do you literally believe in Hell?
To believe is to know nothing.
Classified
Posts: 251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 5:25:17 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/22/2015 5:01:16 AM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/22/2015 4:04:16 AM, frbnsn wrote:
At 1/21/2015 4:06:11 PM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/21/2015 4:48:48 AM, frbnsn wrote:
Why not?!!!

Aren't they made up places that are used to manipulate people into believing? Perhaps you're one of them. Ooops. Awkward...

In fact, we see the signes of them in our life everyday.
We sometimes suffer from something worrying and sometimes be happy with a something gladsome event.

Do you literally believe in Hell?

So where do you think you will go after physical death?
Impartial
Posts: 375
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 5:38:54 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/22/2015 5:25:17 AM, Classified wrote:
At 1/22/2015 5:01:16 AM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/22/2015 4:04:16 AM, frbnsn wrote:
At 1/21/2015 4:06:11 PM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/21/2015 4:48:48 AM, frbnsn wrote:
Why not?!!!

Aren't they made up places that are used to manipulate people into believing? Perhaps you're one of them. Ooops. Awkward...

In fact, we see the signes of them in our life everyday.
We sometimes suffer from something worrying and sometimes be happy with a something gladsome event.

Do you literally believe in Hell?

So where do you think you will go after physical death?

I hope to donate my body to medical science. Where else do you suggest?
To believe is to know nothing.
dee-em
Posts: 6,490
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 5:39:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/22/2015 4:02:09 AM, frbnsn wrote:
At 1/21/2015 5:32:29 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 1/21/2015 4:48:48 AM, frbnsn wrote:
Why not?!!!

For something not to exist, is a reason required?

Do you have a reason why an invisible pink elephant isn't dancing behind your back right now?

I see you te inclined not to believe in a Creator and also the hell and heaven.

You are perceptive.

In fact, we see the signes of them in our life everyday.

They are?

We sometimes suffer from something worrying and sometimes be happy with a something gladsome event.

You just described mental states of a living brain. What does that have to do with an alleged afterlife?
Classified
Posts: 251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 5:47:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/22/2015 5:38:54 AM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/22/2015 5:25:17 AM, Classified wrote:
At 1/22/2015 5:01:16 AM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/22/2015 4:04:16 AM, frbnsn wrote:
At 1/21/2015 4:06:11 PM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/21/2015 4:48:48 AM, frbnsn wrote:
Why not?!!!

Aren't they made up places that are used to manipulate people into believing? Perhaps you're one of them. Ooops. Awkward...

In fact, we see the signes of them in our life everyday.
We sometimes suffer from something worrying and sometimes be happy with a something gladsome event.

Do you literally believe in Hell?

So where do you think you will go after physical death?

I hope to donate my body to medical science. Where else do you suggest?

And then?
What about your soul?
Your body dies.
And your soul?
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 6:31:29 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/22/2015 5:47:43 AM, Classified wrote:
At 1/22/2015 5:38:54 AM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/22/2015 5:25:17 AM, Classified wrote:
At 1/22/2015 5:01:16 AM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/22/2015 4:04:16 AM, frbnsn wrote:
At 1/21/2015 4:06:11 PM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/21/2015 4:48:48 AM, frbnsn wrote:
Why not?!!!

Aren't they made up places that are used to manipulate people into believing? Perhaps you're one of them. Ooops. Awkward...

In fact, we see the signes of them in our life everyday.
We sometimes suffer from something worrying and sometimes be happy with a something gladsome event.

Do you literally believe in Hell?

So where do you think you will go after physical death?

I hope to donate my body to medical science. Where else do you suggest?

And then?
What about your soul?
Your body dies.
And your soul?

The 'soul' is just another term for consciousness, so when you die it dies too, imo.
Impartial
Posts: 375
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 6:35:38 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/22/2015 5:47:43 AM, Classified wrote:
At 1/22/2015 5:38:54 AM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/22/2015 5:25:17 AM, Classified wrote:
At 1/22/2015 5:01:16 AM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/22/2015 4:04:16 AM, frbnsn wrote:
At 1/21/2015 4:06:11 PM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/21/2015 4:48:48 AM, frbnsn wrote:
Why not?!!!

Aren't they made up places that are used to manipulate people into believing? Perhaps you're one of them. Ooops. Awkward...

In fact, we see the signes of them in our life everyday.
We sometimes suffer from something worrying and sometimes be happy with a something gladsome event.

Do you literally believe in Hell?

So where do you think you will go after physical death?

I hope to donate my body to medical science. Where else do you suggest?

And then?
What about your soul?
Your body dies.
And your soul?

I don't really believe in souls. I've got my consciousness/personality/thoughts but I expect them to cease when my body dies. The thought of my consciousness escaping my body after death is deeply troubling and inhuman in my opinion.
To believe is to know nothing.
Classified
Posts: 251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 7:10:45 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/22/2015 6:35:38 AM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/22/2015 5:47:43 AM, Classified wrote:
At 1/22/2015 5:38:54 AM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/22/2015 5:25:17 AM, Classified wrote:
At 1/22/2015 5:01:16 AM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/22/2015 4:04:16 AM, frbnsn wrote:
At 1/21/2015 4:06:11 PM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/21/2015 4:48:48 AM, frbnsn wrote:
Why not?!!!

Aren't they made up places that are used to manipulate people into believing? Perhaps you're one of them. Ooops. Awkward...

In fact, we see the signes of them in our life everyday.
We sometimes suffer from something worrying and sometimes be happy with a something gladsome event.

Do you literally believe in Hell?

So where do you think you will go after physical death?

I hope to donate my body to medical science. Where else do you suggest?

And then?
What about your soul?
Your body dies.
And your soul?

I don't really believe in souls. I've got my consciousness/personality/thoughts but I expect them to cease when my body dies. The thought of my consciousness escaping my body after death is deeply troubling and inhuman in my opinion.

And then?
Science already has enough bodies to deal with.
Impartial
Posts: 375
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 7:46:06 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/22/2015 7:10:45 AM, Classified wrote:
At 1/22/2015 6:35:38 AM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/22/2015 5:47:43 AM, Classified wrote:
At 1/22/2015 5:38:54 AM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/22/2015 5:25:17 AM, Classified wrote:
At 1/22/2015 5:01:16 AM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/22/2015 4:04:16 AM, frbnsn wrote:
At 1/21/2015 4:06:11 PM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/21/2015 4:48:48 AM, frbnsn wrote:
Why not?!!!

Aren't they made up places that are used to manipulate people into believing? Perhaps you're one of them. Ooops. Awkward...

In fact, we see the signes of them in our life everyday.
We sometimes suffer from something worrying and sometimes be happy with a something gladsome event.

Do you literally believe in Hell?

So where do you think you will go after physical death?

I hope to donate my body to medical science. Where else do you suggest?

And then?
What about your soul?
Your body dies.
And your soul?

I don't really believe in souls. I've got my consciousness/personality/thoughts but I expect them to cease when my body dies. The thought of my consciousness escaping my body after death is deeply troubling and inhuman in my opinion.

And then?
Science already has enough bodies to deal with.

And then we decompose and provide energy for new life.

There isn't any evidence of an afterlife but then that comes as no surprise. In a way it's a good thing because it means we should all make the most of our lives in the short time that we have and value other people's lives too.
To believe is to know nothing.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,652
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 7:53:05 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/22/2015 5:47:43 AM, Classified wrote:
At 1/22/2015 5:38:54 AM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/22/2015 5:25:17 AM, Classified wrote:
At 1/22/2015 5:01:16 AM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/22/2015 4:04:16 AM, frbnsn wrote:
At 1/21/2015 4:06:11 PM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/21/2015 4:48:48 AM, frbnsn wrote:
Why not?!!!

Aren't they made up places that are used to manipulate people into believing? Perhaps you're one of them. Ooops. Awkward...

In fact, we see the signes of them in our life everyday.
We sometimes suffer from something worrying and sometimes be happy with a something gladsome event.

Do you literally believe in Hell?

So where do you think you will go after physical death?

I hope to donate my body to medical science. Where else do you suggest?

And then?
What about your soul?
Your body dies.
And your soul?

What is a soul, exactly? Biologists have never found anything that is called a soul.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Classified
Posts: 251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 8:50:26 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/22/2015 7:53:05 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 1/22/2015 5:47:43 AM, Classified wrote:
At 1/22/2015 5:38:54 AM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/22/2015 5:25:17 AM, Classified wrote:
At 1/22/2015 5:01:16 AM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/22/2015 4:04:16 AM, frbnsn wrote:
At 1/21/2015 4:06:11 PM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/21/2015 4:48:48 AM, frbnsn wrote:
Why not?!!!

Aren't they made up places that are used to manipulate people into believing? Perhaps you're one of them. Ooops. Awkward...

In fact, we see the signes of them in our life everyday.
We sometimes suffer from something worrying and sometimes be happy with a something gladsome event.

Do you literally believe in Hell?

So where do you think you will go after physical death?

I hope to donate my body to medical science. Where else do you suggest?

And then?
What about your soul?
Your body dies.
And your soul?

What is a soul, exactly? Biologists have never found anything that is called a soul.

Your mind, consciousness, your spirit.
Classified
Posts: 251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 8:57:35 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/22/2015 7:46:06 AM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/22/2015 7:10:45 AM, Classified wrote:
At 1/22/2015 6:35:38 AM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/22/2015 5:47:43 AM, Classified wrote:
At 1/22/2015 5:38:54 AM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/22/2015 5:25:17 AM, Classified wrote:
At 1/22/2015 5:01:16 AM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/22/2015 4:04:16 AM, frbnsn wrote:
At 1/21/2015 4:06:11 PM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/21/2015 4:48:48 AM, frbnsn wrote:
Why not?!!!

Aren't they made up places that are used to manipulate people into believing? Perhaps you're one of them. Ooops. Awkward...

In fact, we see the signes of them in our life everyday.
We sometimes suffer from something worrying and sometimes be happy with a something gladsome event.

Do you literally believe in Hell?

So where do you think you will go after physical death?

I hope to donate my body to medical science. Where else do you suggest?

And then?
What about your soul?
Your body dies.
And your soul?

I don't really believe in souls. I've got my consciousness/personality/thoughts but I expect them to cease when my body dies. The thought of my consciousness escaping my body after death is deeply troubling and inhuman in my opinion.

And then?
Science already has enough bodies to deal with.

And then we decompose and provide energy for new life.

There isn't any evidence of an afterlife but then that comes as no surprise. In a way it's a good thing because it means we should all make the most of our lives in the short time that we have and value other people's lives too.

And then?
Humans are the most intelligent species on the planet and yet they die and have nothing to do after their death. We have emotions, intellect, and a will. What is our will? Material Possessions? Wealth? It will rust away. It doesn't last. What do we feel? Sad? Joyful? Angry? Why do we have an intellect if we can only use it for a limited amount of time. What is a will in a limited amount of time? What is intellect in a limited amount of time?
What are emotions in a limited amount of time?

You don't need to answer these questions. I'm just getting you to try to think about it.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 9:01:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Heaven and Hell are just Christianity's carrot and stick to make people behave as the priestly class wants them to behave. It's how they remain in power, forcing adherents to reveal their so-called 'sins' and begging forgiveness from a God who does not forgive. They are mere constructs of the imagination much like the Elysian Fields and the pit of Tartarus.
Impartial
Posts: 375
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 1:00:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/22/2015 8:57:35 AM, Classified wrote:
At 1/22/2015 7:46:06 AM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/22/2015 7:10:45 AM, Classified wrote:
At 1/22/2015 6:35:38 AM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/22/2015 5:47:43 AM, Classified wrote:
At 1/22/2015 5:38:54 AM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/22/2015 5:25:17 AM, Classified wrote:
At 1/22/2015 5:01:16 AM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/22/2015 4:04:16 AM, frbnsn wrote:
At 1/21/2015 4:06:11 PM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/21/2015 4:48:48 AM, frbnsn wrote:
Why not?!!!

Aren't they made up places that are used to manipulate people into believing? Perhaps you're one of them. Ooops. Awkward...

In fact, we see the signes of them in our life everyday.
We sometimes suffer from something worrying and sometimes be happy with a something gladsome event.

Do you literally believe in Hell?

So where do you think you will go after physical death?

I hope to donate my body to medical science. Where else do you suggest?

And then?
What about your soul?
Your body dies.
And your soul?

I don't really believe in souls. I've got my consciousness/personality/thoughts but I expect them to cease when my body dies. The thought of my consciousness escaping my body after death is deeply troubling and inhuman in my opinion.

And then?
Science already has enough bodies to deal with.

And then we decompose and provide energy for new life.

There isn't any evidence of an afterlife but then that comes as no surprise. In a way it's a good thing because it means we should all make the most of our lives in the short time that we have and value other people's lives too.

And then?
Humans are the most intelligent species on the planet and yet they die and have nothing to do after their death. We have emotions, intellect, and a will. What is our will? Material Possessions? Wealth? It will rust away. It doesn't last. What do we feel? Sad? Joyful? Angry? Why do we have an intellect if we can only use it for a limited amount of time. What is a will in a limited amount of time? What is intellect in a limited amount of time?
What are emotions in a limited amount of time?

You don't need to answer these questions. I'm just getting you to try to think about it.

Ok, have a think about this then.

Let's say, for the sake of argument, that I'm wrong about the afterlife and I go to Heaven when I die;

I live my life to the full, not worrying about pleasing a God or what happens after I die. When I do die, having lived a fulfilling life, I go spend an eternity trapped outside of my body and I am no longer able to do the things I enjoyed on earth like having sex and eating good food. The place is full of babies who died at birth (because they were innocent) and Christians (because they believed in the correct God). Everyone else was wrong about your God so they burn in Hell and suffer infinite pain and torment. I am beside myself with sorrow, I feel mortified and disgusted that my friends and family are forever in agony but I can't do anything about it. I can't kill myself because God won't let me. I instead have to live an infinite and insufferable existence in the knowledge that countless people are going through unimaginable pain and anguish because they were either born into the wrong religion or were bright enough not to believe at all.
To believe is to know nothing.
frbnsn
Posts: 353
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 3:52:16 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/22/2015 5:01:16 AM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/22/2015 4:04:16 AM, frbnsn wrote:
At 1/21/2015 4:06:11 PM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/21/2015 4:48:48 AM, frbnsn wrote:
Why not?!!!

Aren't they made up places that are used to manipulate people into believing? Perhaps you're one of them. Ooops. Awkward...

In fact, we see the signes of them in our life everyday.
We sometimes suffer from something worrying and sometimes be happy with a something gladsome event.

Do you literally believe in Hell?

Why not?
frbnsn
Posts: 353
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 4:04:08 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/22/2015 5:39:44 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 1/22/2015 4:02:09 AM, frbnsn wrote:
At 1/21/2015 5:32:29 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 1/21/2015 4:48:48 AM, frbnsn wrote:
Why not?!!!

For something not to exist, is a reason required?

Do you have a reason why an invisible pink elephant isn't dancing behind your back right now?

I see you te inclined not to believe in a Creator and also the hell and heaven.

You are perceptive.

In fact, we see the signes of them in our life everyday.

They are?

We sometimes suffer from something worrying and sometimes be happy with a something gladsome event.

You just described mental states of a living brain. What does that have to do with an alleged afterlife?

Suffer and happiness are already in life, not a play of brain!
Classified
Posts: 251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 4:05:23 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/24/2015 3:52:16 AM, frbnsn wrote:
At 1/22/2015 5:01:16 AM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/22/2015 4:04:16 AM, frbnsn wrote:
At 1/21/2015 4:06:11 PM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/21/2015 4:48:48 AM, frbnsn wrote:
Why not?!!!

Aren't they made up places that are used to manipulate people into believing? Perhaps you're one of them. Ooops. Awkward...

In fact, we see the signes of them in our life everyday.
We sometimes suffer from something worrying and sometimes be happy with a something gladsome event.

Do you literally believe in Hell?

Why not?

Why ever not?
X-D
frbnsn
Posts: 353
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 4:10:58 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/24/2015 4:05:23 AM, Classified wrote:
At 1/24/2015 3:52:16 AM, frbnsn wrote:
At 1/22/2015 5:01:16 AM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/22/2015 4:04:16 AM, frbnsn wrote:
At 1/21/2015 4:06:11 PM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/21/2015 4:48:48 AM, frbnsn wrote:
Why not?!!!

Aren't they made up places that are used to manipulate people into believing? Perhaps you're one of them. Ooops. Awkward...

In fact, we see the signes of them in our life everyday.
We sometimes suffer from something worrying and sometimes be happy with a something gladsome event.

Do you literally believe in Hell?

Why not?

Why ever not?
X-D

Sorry, I don't understand what you have written,
I think because of my weak english.
Classified
Posts: 251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 4:11:37 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/22/2015 1:00:07 PM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/22/2015 8:57:35 AM, Classified wrote:
At 1/22/2015 7:46:06 AM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/22/2015 7:10:45 AM, Classified wrote:
At 1/22/2015 6:35:38 AM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/22/2015 5:47:43 AM, Classified wrote:
At 1/22/2015 5:38:54 AM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/22/2015 5:25:17 AM, Classified wrote:
At 1/22/2015 5:01:16 AM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/22/2015 4:04:16 AM, frbnsn wrote:
At 1/21/2015 4:06:11 PM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/21/2015 4:48:48 AM, frbnsn wrote:
Why not?!!!

Aren't they made up places that are used to manipulate people into believing? Perhaps you're one of them. Ooops. Awkward...

In fact, we see the signes of them in our life everyday.
We sometimes suffer from something worrying and sometimes be happy with a something gladsome event.

Do you literally believe in Hell?

So where do you think you will go after physical death?

I hope to donate my body to medical science. Where else do you suggest?

And then?
What about your soul?
Your body dies.
And your soul?

I don't really believe in souls. I've got my consciousness/personality/thoughts but I expect them to cease when my body dies. The thought of my consciousness escaping my body after death is deeply troubling and inhuman in my opinion.

And then?
Science already has enough bodies to deal with.

And then we decompose and provide energy for new life.

There isn't any evidence of an afterlife but then that comes as no surprise. In a way it's a good thing because it means we should all make the most of our lives in the short time that we have and value other people's lives too.

And then?
Humans are the most intelligent species on the planet and yet they die and have nothing to do after their death. We have emotions, intellect, and a will. What is our will? Material Possessions? Wealth? It will rust away. It doesn't last. What do we feel? Sad? Joyful? Angry? Why do we have an intellect if we can only use it for a limited amount of time. What is a will in a limited amount of time? What is intellect in a limited amount of time?
What are emotions in a limited amount of time?

You don't need to answer these questions. I'm just getting you to try to think about it.

Ok, have a think about this then.

Let's say, for the sake of argument, that I'm wrong about the afterlife and I go to Heaven when I die;

I live my life to the full, not worrying about pleasing a God or what happens after I die. When I do die, having lived a fulfilling life, I go spend an eternity trapped outside of my body and I am no longer able to do the things I enjoyed on earth like having sex and eating good food. The place is full of babies who died at birth (because they were innocent) and Christians (because they believed in the correct God). Everyone else was wrong about your God so they burn in Hell and suffer infinite pain and torment. I am beside myself with sorrow, I feel mortified and disgusted that my friends and family are forever in agony but I can't do anything about it. I can't kill myself because God won't let me. I instead have to live an infinite and insufferable existence in the knowledge that countless people are going through unimaginable pain and anguish because they were either born into the wrong religion or were bright enough not to believe at all.

From your point of view...
Suppose you were wrong about no afterlife.
Suppose you go to Heaven when you die.
You won't feel any agony. You will have joy!

Now you don't believe in Christ or God, right?

Now suppose you believe in Christ and God and admit that you sinned. You will find Jesus. Thus, you will find joy...

That was from your point of view...
And remember, suppose!
Classified
Posts: 251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 4:12:41 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/24/2015 4:10:58 AM, frbnsn wrote:
At 1/24/2015 4:05:23 AM, Classified wrote:
At 1/24/2015 3:52:16 AM, frbnsn wrote:
At 1/22/2015 5:01:16 AM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/22/2015 4:04:16 AM, frbnsn wrote:
At 1/21/2015 4:06:11 PM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/21/2015 4:48:48 AM, frbnsn wrote:
Why not?!!!

Aren't they made up places that are used to manipulate people into believing? Perhaps you're one of them. Ooops. Awkward...

In fact, we see the signes of them in our life everyday.
We sometimes suffer from something worrying and sometimes be happy with a something gladsome event.

Do you literally believe in Hell?

Why not?

Why ever not?
X-D

Sorry, I don't understand what you have written,
I think because of my weak english.

I'm just laughing around.

X-D is just emoticon language. Sorry.
I was just having a good digital laugh.

Hahahaha...
dee-em
Posts: 6,490
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 5:58:07 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/24/2015 4:04:08 AM, frbnsn wrote:
At 1/22/2015 5:39:44 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 1/22/2015 4:02:09 AM, frbnsn wrote:
At 1/21/2015 5:32:29 AM, dee-em wrote:
At 1/21/2015 4:48:48 AM, frbnsn wrote:
Why not?!!!

For something not to exist, is a reason required?

Do you have a reason why an invisible pink elephant isn't dancing behind your back right now?

I see you te inclined not to believe in a Creator and also the hell and heaven.

You are perceptive.

In fact, we see the signes of them in our life everyday.

They are?

We sometimes suffer from something worrying and sometimes be happy with a something gladsome event.

You just described mental states of a living brain. What does that have to do with an alleged afterlife?

Suffer and happiness are already in life, not a play of brain!

Show me an organism without a brain experiencing sadness or happiness.
Impartial
Posts: 375
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 7:40:35 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/24/2015 4:11:37 AM, Classified wrote:
At 1/22/2015 1:00:07 PM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/22/2015 8:57:35 AM, Classified wrote:
At 1/22/2015 7:46:06 AM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/22/2015 7:10:45 AM, Classified wrote:
At 1/22/2015 6:35:38 AM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/22/2015 5:47:43 AM, Classified wrote:
At 1/22/2015 5:38:54 AM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/22/2015 5:25:17 AM, Classified wrote:
At 1/22/2015 5:01:16 AM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/22/2015 4:04:16 AM, frbnsn wrote:
At 1/21/2015 4:06:11 PM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/21/2015 4:48:48 AM, frbnsn wrote:
Why not?!!!

Aren't they made up places that are used to manipulate people into believing? Perhaps you're one of them. Ooops. Awkward...

In fact, we see the signes of them in our life everyday.
We sometimes suffer from something worrying and sometimes be happy with a something gladsome event.

Do you literally believe in Hell?

So where do you think you will go after physical death?

I hope to donate my body to medical science. Where else do you suggest?

And then?
What about your soul?
Your body dies.
And your soul?

I don't really believe in souls. I've got my consciousness/personality/thoughts but I expect them to cease when my body dies. The thought of my consciousness escaping my body after death is deeply troubling and inhuman in my opinion.

And then?
Science already has enough bodies to deal with.

And then we decompose and provide energy for new life.

There isn't any evidence of an afterlife but then that comes as no surprise. In a way it's a good thing because it means we should all make the most of our lives in the short time that we have and value other people's lives too.

And then?
Humans are the most intelligent species on the planet and yet they die and have nothing to do after their death. We have emotions, intellect, and a will. What is our will? Material Possessions? Wealth? It will rust away. It doesn't last. What do we feel? Sad? Joyful? Angry? Why do we have an intellect if we can only use it for a limited amount of time. What is a will in a limited amount of time? What is intellect in a limited amount of time?
What are emotions in a limited amount of time?

You don't need to answer these questions. I'm just getting you to try to think about it.

Ok, have a think about this then.

Let's say, for the sake of argument, that I'm wrong about the afterlife and I go to Heaven when I die;

I live my life to the full, not worrying about pleasing a God or what happens after I die. When I do die, having lived a fulfilling life, I go spend an eternity trapped outside of my body and I am no longer able to do the things I enjoyed on earth like having sex and eating good food. The place is full of babies who died at birth (because they were innocent) and Christians (because they believed in the correct God). Everyone else was wrong about your God so they burn in Hell and suffer infinite pain and torment. I am beside myself with sorrow, I feel mortified and disgusted that my friends and family are forever in agony but I can't do anything about it. I can't kill myself because God won't let me. I instead have to live an infinite and insufferable existence in the knowledge that countless people are going through unimaginable pain and anguish because they were either born into the wrong religion or were bright enough not to believe at all.

From your point of view...
Suppose you were wrong about no afterlife.
Suppose you go to Heaven when you die.
You won't feel any agony. You will have joy!

Think about it practically. I will be oblivious to the fact that people are being tortured in Hell while I enjoy myself in Heaven? I'll live in joy but in complete ignorance as well? That's horrible. Who would want that?!

Now you don't believe in Christ or God, right?

That's correct.

Now suppose you believe in Christ and God and admit that you sinned. You will find Jesus. Thus, you will find joy...

A gay person will go to Hell though, won't they? According to your book, they are sinners by their very nature.


That was from your point of view...
And remember, suppose!

If I believed what you believe, I'd be distraught. Aren't you upset, aren't you depressed by the thought that millions of people are at this very moment going through unimaginable pain and will for eternity?
To believe is to know nothing.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,652
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 7:59:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/22/2015 8:50:26 AM, Classified wrote:
At 1/22/2015 7:53:05 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 1/22/2015 5:47:43 AM, Classified wrote:
At 1/22/2015 5:38:54 AM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/22/2015 5:25:17 AM, Classified wrote:
At 1/22/2015 5:01:16 AM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/22/2015 4:04:16 AM, frbnsn wrote:
At 1/21/2015 4:06:11 PM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/21/2015 4:48:48 AM, frbnsn wrote:
Why not?!!!

Aren't they made up places that are used to manipulate people into believing? Perhaps you're one of them. Ooops. Awkward...

In fact, we see the signes of them in our life everyday.
We sometimes suffer from something worrying and sometimes be happy with a something gladsome event.

Do you literally believe in Hell?

So where do you think you will go after physical death?

I hope to donate my body to medical science. Where else do you suggest?

And then?
What about your soul?
Your body dies.
And your soul?

What is a soul, exactly? Biologists have never found anything that is called a soul.

Your mind, consciousness, your spirit.

Sorry, but the the mind and consciousness are the workings of the brain, they are not the soul.

What is our spirit, exactly?
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Classified
Posts: 251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 8:29:11 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/24/2015 7:59:10 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 1/22/2015 8:50:26 AM, Classified wrote:
At 1/22/2015 7:53:05 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 1/22/2015 5:47:43 AM, Classified wrote:
At 1/22/2015 5:38:54 AM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/22/2015 5:25:17 AM, Classified wrote:
At 1/22/2015 5:01:16 AM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/22/2015 4:04:16 AM, frbnsn wrote:
At 1/21/2015 4:06:11 PM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/21/2015 4:48:48 AM, frbnsn wrote:
Why not?!!!

Aren't they made up places that are used to manipulate people into believing? Perhaps you're one of them. Ooops. Awkward...

In fact, we see the signes of them in our life everyday.
We sometimes suffer from something worrying and sometimes be happy with a something gladsome event.

Do you literally believe in Hell?

So where do you think you will go after physical death?

I hope to donate my body to medical science. Where else do you suggest?

And then?
What about your soul?
Your body dies.
And your soul?

What is a soul, exactly? Biologists have never found anything that is called a soul.

Your mind, consciousness, your spirit.

Sorry, but the the mind and consciousness are the workings of the brain, they are not the soul.

What is our spirit, exactly?

How you think. How you make your choices. Which side do you choose. This or that. Conscience. Consciousness. Something abstract. Your emotions, feelings. Etc.