Total Posts:42|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Mythical Characters.

JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 5:24:01 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/21/2015 5:15:16 AM, Skyangel wrote:
What makes a character mythical?
What makes a character real?

A mythical character is one who either has never existed at all like Adam and Eve, or one who did exist but had mythical stories made up about them like Jesus.

A character is real if they existed and were everything that was claimed about them. I think it is very hard, if not impossible, to verify much of what is claimed about most of the Biblical characters, even if they actually existed.
Classified
Posts: 251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 7:15:43 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/21/2015 5:15:16 AM, Skyangel wrote:
What makes a character mythical?
What makes a character real?

Well, for something to be real, people say it needs evidence. Obviously, evidence is always required to prove something. What if there was no evidence? People wouldn't believe it.

For something to be mythical, it has to be unbelievable, like Greek gods who died at war with other cities. No proof about that...

Cinderella was a mythical character.
'I'm Cinderella and I have a fairy godmother.'
Fairies aren't real.
Especially those who come like 'poof'.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 4:43:15 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/21/2015 5:24:01 AM, JJ50 wrote:
At 1/21/2015 5:15:16 AM, Skyangel wrote:
What makes a character mythical?
What makes a character real?

A mythical character is one who either has never existed at all like Adam and Eve, or one who did exist but had mythical stories made up about them like Jesus.

A character is real if they existed and were everything that was claimed about them. I think it is very hard, if not impossible, to verify much of what is claimed about most of the Biblical characters, even if they actually existed.

When things are impossible and totally improbable, we consider them to be a fantasy.

The following are fantasies..
Man magically appearing from dust.
Woman being created from the rib of a man.
A man born from a virgin.
People being raised from the dead by someone speaking to them.
People being healed because someone simply spoke to them.
Talking animals
Talking plants
Water magically changing into wine.

I am sure others can add to the list.

Any story character who is capable of performing any of the above fantastic feats is a fictional character.

When a fictional story character is based on a real person it does not make the story character real. Eg Santa is based on Saint Nicholas who was a real person but Santa is still fictional. Saint Nicholas never had the magical powers, magic reindeer and magic sleigh which are attributed to Santa.

Real characters can do things which are plausible and any other real person can do the same thing and prove it can be done.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 4:56:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/21/2015 7:15:43 AM, Classified wrote:
At 1/21/2015 5:15:16 AM, Skyangel wrote:
What makes a character mythical?
What makes a character real?

Well, for something to be real, people say it needs evidence. Obviously, evidence is always required to prove something. What if there was no evidence? People wouldn't believe it.

Is the human conscience real?
Does anyone have any evidence that they have a conscience?
Do people believe they have a conscience?

For something to be mythical, it has to be unbelievable, like Greek gods who died at war with other cities. No proof about that...

Cinderella was a mythical character.
'I'm Cinderella and I have a fairy godmother.'
Fairies aren't real.
Especially those who come like 'poof'.

Are there any that don't come like 'poof' ? LOL ;-)

Are talking animals believable? Many adults seem to believe some animals (a snake and a donkey) once literally spoke to people.

All Greek gods are considered to be mythical yet many adults still believe the Hebrew god is not mythical. Why is one god not mythical and all the rest are mythical?

Are people who believe in invisible supernatural entities, gullible or mentally immature or seriously brainwashed?
Electric-Eccentric
Posts: 1,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 7:42:39 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
superstitious
irresponsible
superstitious
confused
superstitious
doubt filled
superstitious
anger filled
superstitious
greed filled
superstitious
lust filled
superstitious
fantasy filled
superstitious
fiction filled
superstitious
and after all that
lazy superstitious day dreamers chasing superstitious distractions?

p.s. disclaimer: that was all a question for any and all from a person who passes wind toward the monsters and odds & ends of superstition.

p.s.s. seems that evolution of the human species hasn't advanced much since the dark ages?

p.s.s.s. seems that superstition might have a lot to do with it?
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
Electric-Eccentric
Posts: 1,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 7:52:03 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Now a example of what makes a character REAL

That would be I,
the lime green gumdrop of desires and destination.

I AM far more REAL then most can handle.

the most overly wonderful and then some

once again that would be I

Isn't this a great world where we can believe or make believe anything we choose?

put the lime in the coconut and shake it all up

sometimes > I <, did you see that I, well anywho,
sometimes I crack myself up as I, did you notice that I?
as I sure can be silly when the mood hits me.

I got your nose said I to the snoddler....
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
Idealist
Posts: 2,520
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 8:16:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/21/2015 5:15:16 AM, Skyangel wrote:
What makes a character mythical?
What makes a character real?

It depends upon your usage of the words "real" and "myth." What constitutes a real myth?

I've never met anyone who has seen or met President Lincoln, but I think it's safe for me to accept that he was real. There are burdens of proof which must be met, and there are different levels of evidence necessary for various claims, often depending on the size or importance of the claim. Like most things, it breaks-down to subjective reasoning, as we are subjective beings. I would rather discuss ideas with people who think differently than those who think the same as I do. I prefer learning something new to reinforcing something already known, even if it's just an idea.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 4:22:53 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/21/2015 8:16:45 PM, Idealist wrote:
At 1/21/2015 5:15:16 AM, Skyangel wrote:
What makes a character mythical?
What makes a character real?

It depends upon your usage of the words "real" and "myth." What constitutes a real myth?

A real myth is a work of fiction which is observable.

I've never met anyone who has seen or met President Lincoln, but I think it's safe for me to accept that he was real. There are burdens of proof which must be met, and there are different levels of evidence necessary for various claims, often depending on the size or importance of the claim. Like most things, it breaks-down to subjective reasoning, as we are subjective beings. I would rather discuss ideas with people who think differently than those who think the same as I do. I prefer learning something new to reinforcing something already known, even if it's just an idea.

What do you think about the idea of a man named Adam being supernaturally created from dirt and woman being supernaturally created from his rib?
Do you read that story as a fiction or as a historical fact?
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 4:30:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/21/2015 7:52:03 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
Now a example of what makes a character REAL

That would be I,
the lime green gumdrop of desires and destination.

I AM far more REAL then most can handle.


Why do you think most can't handle you ?

the most overly wonderful and then some

once again that would be I

Isn't this a great world where we can believe or make believe anything we choose?

I am what I am regardless of what anyone believes I am.

put the lime in the coconut and shake it all up

I said Doctor! Is there nothing I can take
I said Doctor! To relieve this bellyache

Put the lime in the coconut; you're such a silly one
You put the lime in the coconut and drink 'em both together
Put the lime in the coconut and you feel better
Put the lime in the coconut and drink 'em all down
You put the lime in the coconut and call me in the mornin'

sometimes > I <, did you see that I, well anywho,
sometimes I crack myself up as I, did you notice that I?
as I sure can be silly when the mood hits me.

Coconuts need to be cracked if you want to eat the nut inside the shell.

I got your nose said I to the snoddler....

Nah it's just your fum.
Electric-Eccentric
Posts: 1,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 5:14:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
"Why do you think most can't handle you ?"

Most choose to view me as a grumble bum and no fun as I dislike the world of deceptions and lies called good.

I AM known to cause those in denial that are lazy day dreamers to doubt their illusions that then in their confusion leaves them to believe that they would have NOTHING,

If you take away the illusion that they are programed to believe they have.
They then believe there would be nothing left.

Try and take away or threaten the fantasy and fiction that superstition and ignorance thrive on and the anger monkeys get very upset and defensive.

Simply put, I don't tickle others ears with the deceptions and lies called good that they prefer. I make them feel childish, foolish and ignorant when they look in the mirror.
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 5:18:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/21/2015 7:42:39 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
superstitious
irresponsible
superstitious
confused
superstitious
doubt filled
superstitious
anger filled
superstitious
greed filled
superstitious
lust filled
superstitious
fantasy filled
superstitious
fiction filled
superstitious
and after all that
lazy superstitious day dreamers chasing superstitious distractions?

p.s. disclaimer: that was all a question for any and all from a person who passes wind toward the monsters and odds & ends of superstition.

p.s.s. seems that evolution of the human species hasn't advanced much since the dark ages?

p.s.s.s. seems that superstition might have a lot to do with it?

"p.s.s. seems that evolution of the human species hasn't advanced much since the dark ages?"

We just have cooler toys. Although I'd like to play with a trebuchet.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 5:26:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/24/2015 5:14:52 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
"Why do you think most can't handle you ?"

Most choose to view me as a grumble bum and no fun as I dislike the world of deceptions and lies called good.

I AM known to cause those in denial that are lazy day dreamers to doubt their illusions that then in their confusion leaves them to believe that they would have NOTHING,

If you take away the illusion that they are programed to believe they have.
They then believe there would be nothing left.

Try and take away or threaten the fantasy and fiction that superstition and ignorance thrive on and the anger monkeys get very upset and defensive.

Simply put, I don't tickle others ears with the deceptions and lies called good that they prefer. I make them feel childish, foolish and ignorant when they look in the mirror.

They obviously have not learned that facts and truth can be stranger and far more fun than fiction.
It is more satisfying to grasp something real than it is to be grasping at an illusion of something.
Idealist
Posts: 2,520
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 8:33:08 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/24/2015 4:22:53 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 1/21/2015 8:16:45 PM, Idealist wrote:
At 1/21/2015 5:15:16 AM, Skyangel wrote:
What makes a character mythical?
What makes a character real?

It depends upon your usage of the words "real" and "myth." What constitutes a real myth?

A real myth is a work of fiction which is observable.

I've never met anyone who has seen or met President Lincoln, but I think it's safe for me to accept that he was real. There are burdens of proof which must be met, and there are different levels of evidence necessary for various claims, often depending on the size or importance of the claim. Like most things, it breaks-down to subjective reasoning, as we are subjective beings. I would rather discuss ideas with people who think differently than those who think the same as I do. I prefer learning something new to reinforcing something already known, even if it's just an idea.

What do you think about the idea of a man named Adam being supernaturally created from dirt and woman being supernaturally created from his rib?
Do you read that story as a fiction or as a historical fact?

I read it as an allegory, as I read most of the Bible. In fact, it's how I read most of all the writings from that age.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 9:41:30 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/24/2015 8:33:08 PM, Idealist wrote:
At 1/24/2015 4:22:53 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 1/21/2015 8:16:45 PM, Idealist wrote:
At 1/21/2015 5:15:16 AM, Skyangel wrote:
What makes a character mythical?
What makes a character real?

It depends upon your usage of the words "real" and "myth." What constitutes a real myth?

A real myth is a work of fiction which is observable.

I've never met anyone who has seen or met President Lincoln, but I think it's safe for me to accept that he was real. There are burdens of proof which must be met, and there are different levels of evidence necessary for various claims, often depending on the size or importance of the claim. Like most things, it breaks-down to subjective reasoning, as we are subjective beings. I would rather discuss ideas with people who think differently than those who think the same as I do. I prefer learning something new to reinforcing something already known, even if it's just an idea.

What do you think about the idea of a man named Adam being supernaturally created from dirt and woman being supernaturally created from his rib?
Do you read that story as a fiction or as a historical fact?

I read it as an allegory, as I read most of the Bible. In fact, it's how I read most of all the writings from that age.

So do I.
What do you learn from that allegory?
Fido
Posts: 357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 10:05:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/21/2015 5:15:16 AM, Skyangel wrote:
What makes a character mythical?
What makes a character real?

Supernatural powers make for mythical characters.

Human faults make characters real.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 11:16:32 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/24/2015 10:05:50 PM, Fido wrote:
At 1/21/2015 5:15:16 AM, Skyangel wrote:
What makes a character mythical?
What makes a character real?

Supernatural powers make for mythical characters.

Human faults make characters real.

So what happens when you have a flawed human character with supernatural powers?
Fido
Posts: 357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2015 1:21:39 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/24/2015 11:16:32 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 1/24/2015 10:05:50 PM, Fido wrote:
At 1/21/2015 5:15:16 AM, Skyangel wrote:
What makes a character mythical?
What makes a character real?

Supernatural powers make for mythical characters.

Human faults make characters real.

So what happens when you have a flawed human character with supernatural powers?

The Iliad. The poem is about Achilles the child of a Goddess, and so a hero, but not an anti-hero is the sense of Oedipus and Orestes who were clearly human.

Sing oh Goddess of the Wrath of Achilles. It was for his honor and pride that so many Greeks died, and even his best friend. But I love how his mother warned him that his death would follow soon upon his revenge, and he said only" Prepare me for my fate. That is what all men should be without supernatural powers. At our best we transcend our station, and go beyond being anti heroes to being heroic in fact. We all have that touch of God in us. We just have to find it.
Idealist
Posts: 2,520
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2015 8:00:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/24/2015 9:41:30 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 1/24/2015 8:33:08 PM, Idealist wrote:
At 1/24/2015 4:22:53 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 1/21/2015 8:16:45 PM, Idealist wrote:
At 1/21/2015 5:15:16 AM, Skyangel wrote:
What makes a character mythical?
What makes a character real?

It depends upon your usage of the words "real" and "myth." What constitutes a real myth?

A real myth is a work of fiction which is observable.

I've never met anyone who has seen or met President Lincoln, but I think it's safe for me to accept that he was real. There are burdens of proof which must be met, and there are different levels of evidence necessary for various claims, often depending on the size or importance of the claim. Like most things, it breaks-down to subjective reasoning, as we are subjective beings. I would rather discuss ideas with people who think differently than those who think the same as I do. I prefer learning something new to reinforcing something already known, even if it's just an idea.

What do you think about the idea of a man named Adam being supernaturally created from dirt and woman being supernaturally created from his rib?
Do you read that story as a fiction or as a historical fact?

I read it as an allegory, as I read most of the Bible. In fact, it's how I read most of all the writings from that age.

So do I.
What do you learn from that allegory?

It's a rather loose allegory. In a time when creationisms was pretty-much an accepted fact, it sought to describe how it might have physically happened and how it was regulated. It described the intended nature of man and what was seen as the inevitability of his revolt against God.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 1:23:28 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/24/2015 5:14:52 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
"Why do you think most can't handle you ?"

Most choose to view me as a grumble bum and no fun as I dislike the world of deceptions and lies called good.

If in reality you are anything like what you appear to be on the net, I can't imagine you as a grumble bum at all. You are one of the most fun people I have ever met on line. Truth is funnier than fiction. You have made me laugh a lot over the years and made me think a lot too. Overall it is a pleasure to know you. At least you are real even if you are still invisible to me in the sense that I have never seen you face to face. I know you are not invisible or mythical.

I AM known to cause those in denial that are lazy day dreamers to doubt their illusions that then in their confusion leaves them to believe that they would have NOTHING,

At least you cause them to doubt their illusions. That's a start to overcoming them.

If you take away the illusion that they are programed to believe they have.
They then believe there would be nothing left.

That's because they don't understand there is a reality behind and beyond the illusion. Most are trying to escape that reality and don't want to face it or accept it. All they want to accept is their illusion of reality instead of accepting the reality which creates the illusion.

Try and take away or threaten the fantasy and fiction that superstition and ignorance thrive on and the anger monkeys get very upset and defensive.

Obviously because you take all the fun and mystery out of their fantasies and magic words and wands. They seem to prefer being spectators of the magic than understanding how the magic actually works.

Simply put, I don't tickle others ears with the deceptions and lies called good that they prefer. I make them feel childish, foolish and ignorant when they look in the mirror.

Truth seems to reveal the Truth to people. If they are childish, foolish and ignorant, they will feel childish, foolish and ignorant when face to face with someone who is truthful.
The only people who feel offended by that fact are those who pretend to be grown up and want everyone to play along with them and respect them for their beliefs regardless of whether they believe in myths or not.
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 1:26:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/24/2015 5:18:21 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 1/21/2015 7:42:39 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
superstitious
irresponsible
superstitious
confused
superstitious
doubt filled
superstitious
anger filled
superstitious
greed filled
superstitious
lust filled
superstitious
fantasy filled
superstitious
fiction filled
superstitious
and after all that
lazy superstitious day dreamers chasing superstitious distractions?

p.s. disclaimer: that was all a question for any and all from a person who passes wind toward the monsters and odds & ends of superstition.

p.s.s. seems that evolution of the human species hasn't advanced much since the dark ages?

p.s.s.s. seems that superstition might have a lot to do with it?

"p.s.s. seems that evolution of the human species hasn't advanced much since the dark ages?"

We just have cooler toys. Although I'd like to play with a trebuchet.

Who or what would you fire at and why ?
jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 1:34:04 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/26/2015 1:26:33 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 1/24/2015 5:18:21 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 1/21/2015 7:42:39 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
superstitious
irresponsible
superstitious
confused
superstitious
doubt filled
superstitious
anger filled
superstitious
greed filled
superstitious
lust filled
superstitious
fantasy filled
superstitious
fiction filled
superstitious
and after all that
lazy superstitious day dreamers chasing superstitious distractions?

p.s. disclaimer: that was all a question for any and all from a person who passes wind toward the monsters and odds & ends of superstition.

p.s.s. seems that evolution of the human species hasn't advanced much since the dark ages?

p.s.s.s. seems that superstition might have a lot to do with it?

"p.s.s. seems that evolution of the human species hasn't advanced much since the dark ages?"

We just have cooler toys. Although I'd like to play with a trebuchet.

Who or what would you fire at and why ?

I'd put pumpkins in it and fire them at the side of a barn, because I think it would be fun.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 1:36:00 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/24/2015 10:05:50 PM, Fido wrote:
At 1/21/2015 5:15:16 AM, Skyangel wrote:
What makes a character mythical?
What makes a character real?

Supernatural powers make for mythical characters.

Human faults make characters real.

What do you consider a supernatural power?
Does the strongest man in the world have supernatural strength for example compared to the strength of any other man on the planet? Is his strength therefore greater than average, superior to natural and therefore SUPER natural ?
What about the fastest man in the world, etc. ? Anyone who has above average abilities is superior to average in that ability. Do they have real SUPER natural abilities or do you confine supernatural abilities to things that seem impossible for any humans to do?
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 1:40:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/26/2015 1:34:04 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 1/26/2015 1:26:33 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 1/24/2015 5:18:21 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 1/21/2015 7:42:39 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
superstitious
irresponsible
superstitious
confused
superstitious
doubt filled
superstitious
anger filled
superstitious
greed filled
superstitious
lust filled
superstitious
fantasy filled
superstitious
fiction filled
superstitious
and after all that
lazy superstitious day dreamers chasing superstitious distractions?

p.s. disclaimer: that was all a question for any and all from a person who passes wind toward the monsters and odds & ends of superstition.

p.s.s. seems that evolution of the human species hasn't advanced much since the dark ages?

p.s.s.s. seems that superstition might have a lot to do with it?

"p.s.s. seems that evolution of the human species hasn't advanced much since the dark ages?"

We just have cooler toys. Although I'd like to play with a trebuchet.

Who or what would you fire at and why ?

I'd put pumpkins in it and fire them at the side of a barn, because I think it would be fun.

I think it's more fun to make pumpkin soup or pumpkin pie or carve pumpkins. Firing them at a barn would make too much mess to clean up. Would you also have fun cleaning up after yourself or would you expect someone else to clean up after you?
What if you broke a barn window?
jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 1:58:12 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/26/2015 1:40:25 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 1/26/2015 1:34:04 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 1/26/2015 1:26:33 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 1/24/2015 5:18:21 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 1/21/2015 7:42:39 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
superstitious
irresponsible
superstitious
confused
superstitious
doubt filled
superstitious
anger filled
superstitious
greed filled
superstitious
lust filled
superstitious
fantasy filled
superstitious
fiction filled
superstitious
and after all that
lazy superstitious day dreamers chasing superstitious distractions?

p.s. disclaimer: that was all a question for any and all from a person who passes wind toward the monsters and odds & ends of superstition.

p.s.s. seems that evolution of the human species hasn't advanced much since the dark ages?

p.s.s.s. seems that superstition might have a lot to do with it?

"p.s.s. seems that evolution of the human species hasn't advanced much since the dark ages?"

We just have cooler toys. Although I'd like to play with a trebuchet.

Who or what would you fire at and why ?

I'd put pumpkins in it and fire them at the side of a barn, because I think it would be fun.

I think it's more fun to make pumpkin soup or pumpkin pie or carve pumpkins. Firing them at a barn would make too much mess to clean up. Would you also have fun cleaning up after yourself or would you expect someone else to clean up after you?
What if you broke a barn window?

I'm allergic to pumpkins. Barns here have no windows unless they aren't really barns. And clean-up? That's what the hose is for. I'd make sure that there are no animals in the barn first.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
Skyangel
Posts: 8,234
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 2:14:15 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/26/2015 1:58:12 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 1/26/2015 1:40:25 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 1/26/2015 1:34:04 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 1/26/2015 1:26:33 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 1/24/2015 5:18:21 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 1/21/2015 7:42:39 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
superstitious
irresponsible
superstitious
confused
superstitious
doubt filled
superstitious
anger filled
superstitious
greed filled
superstitious
lust filled
superstitious
fantasy filled
superstitious
fiction filled
superstitious
and after all that
lazy superstitious day dreamers chasing superstitious distractions?

p.s. disclaimer: that was all a question for any and all from a person who passes wind toward the monsters and odds & ends of superstition.

p.s.s. seems that evolution of the human species hasn't advanced much since the dark ages?

p.s.s.s. seems that superstition might have a lot to do with it?

"p.s.s. seems that evolution of the human species hasn't advanced much since the dark ages?"

We just have cooler toys. Although I'd like to play with a trebuchet.

Who or what would you fire at and why ?

I'd put pumpkins in it and fire them at the side of a barn, because I think it would be fun.

I think it's more fun to make pumpkin soup or pumpkin pie or carve pumpkins. Firing them at a barn would make too much mess to clean up. Would you also have fun cleaning up after yourself or would you expect someone else to clean up after you?
What if you broke a barn window?

I'm allergic to pumpkins. Barns here have no windows unless they aren't really barns. And clean-up? That's what the hose is for. I'd make sure that there are no animals in the barn first.

Well I guess it's one way to release all your frustrations. Some punch punching bags, some punch other people and some fire pumpkins at barns.
Whatever floats your boat. At least your way doesn't hurt anyone unless they happen to be in the firing line and you hit them accidentally but I imagine you would feel bad about that.
Mhykiel
Posts: 5,987
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 5:06:15 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/26/2015 1:34:04 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 1/26/2015 1:26:33 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 1/24/2015 5:18:21 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 1/21/2015 7:42:39 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
superstitious
irresponsible
superstitious
confused
superstitious
doubt filled
superstitious
anger filled
superstitious
greed filled
superstitious
lust filled
superstitious
fantasy filled
superstitious
fiction filled
superstitious
and after all that
lazy superstitious day dreamers chasing superstitious distractions?

p.s. disclaimer: that was all a question for any and all from a person who passes wind toward the monsters and odds & ends of superstition.

p.s.s. seems that evolution of the human species hasn't advanced much since the dark ages?

p.s.s.s. seems that superstition might have a lot to do with it?

"p.s.s. seems that evolution of the human species hasn't advanced much since the dark ages?"

We just have cooler toys. Although I'd like to play with a trebuchet.

Who or what would you fire at and why ?

I'd put pumpkins in it and fire them at the side of a barn, because I think it would be fun.

Are they playing reruns of the world pumpkin chunkin championship again? Being held at Dover international speedway this year.

They have a trebuchet class so good luck.
jodybirdy
Posts: 2,089
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 6:00:11 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/26/2015 5:06:15 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 1/26/2015 1:34:04 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 1/26/2015 1:26:33 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 1/24/2015 5:18:21 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 1/21/2015 7:42:39 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
superstitious
irresponsible
superstitious
confused
superstitious
doubt filled
superstitious
anger filled
superstitious
greed filled
superstitious
lust filled
superstitious
fantasy filled
superstitious
fiction filled
superstitious
and after all that
lazy superstitious day dreamers chasing superstitious distractions?

p.s. disclaimer: that was all a question for any and all from a person who passes wind toward the monsters and odds & ends of superstition.

p.s.s. seems that evolution of the human species hasn't advanced much since the dark ages?

p.s.s.s. seems that superstition might have a lot to do with it?

"p.s.s. seems that evolution of the human species hasn't advanced much since the dark ages?"

We just have cooler toys. Although I'd like to play with a trebuchet.

Who or what would you fire at and why ?

I'd put pumpkins in it and fire them at the side of a barn, because I think it would be fun.

Are they playing reruns of the world pumpkin chunkin championship again? Being held at Dover international speedway this year.

They have a trebuchet class so good luck.

What! They do that?! :P
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 8:49:54 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/26/2015 6:00:11 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 1/26/2015 5:06:15 AM, Mhykiel wrote:
At 1/26/2015 1:34:04 AM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 1/26/2015 1:26:33 AM, Skyangel wrote:
At 1/24/2015 5:18:21 PM, jodybirdy wrote:
At 1/21/2015 7:42:39 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
superstitious
irresponsible
superstitious
confused
superstitious
doubt filled
superstitious
anger filled
superstitious
greed filled
superstitious
lust filled
superstitious
fantasy filled
superstitious
fiction filled
superstitious
and after all that
lazy superstitious day dreamers chasing superstitious distractions?

p.s. disclaimer: that was all a question for any and all from a person who passes wind toward the monsters and odds & ends of superstition.

p.s.s. seems that evolution of the human species hasn't advanced much since the dark ages?

p.s.s.s. seems that superstition might have a lot to do with it?

"p.s.s. seems that evolution of the human species hasn't advanced much since the dark ages?"

We just have cooler toys. Although I'd like to play with a trebuchet.

Who or what would you fire at and why ?

I'd put pumpkins in it and fire them at the side of a barn, because I think it would be fun.

Are they playing reruns of the world pumpkin chunkin championship again? Being held at Dover international speedway this year.

They have a trebuchet class so good luck.

What! They do that?! :P

Every year, but they shoot for distance.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 8:50:52 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/24/2015 11:16:32 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 1/24/2015 10:05:50 PM, Fido wrote:
At 1/21/2015 5:15:16 AM, Skyangel wrote:
What makes a character mythical?
What makes a character real?

Supernatural powers make for mythical characters.

Human faults make characters real.

So what happens when you have a flawed human character with supernatural powers?

You have Hercules, who was superhumanly strong but rather stupid, unlike the one in the movies.