Jump to topic:

Why do hardcore Athiests bother?

MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 10:46:22 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
When push comes to shove there can only be one reasopn - Trolling.

Unless they are happy to adnmit that Atheism is a religion with it's own set of Gods, like science and similar.
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 10:48:59 AM
I think this confirms it. We can safely assume that this guy is an idiot.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 10:50:34 AM
At 1/21/2015 10:46:22 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Unless they are happy to adnmit that Atheism is a religion with it's own set of Gods, like science and similar.

Why do they bother with what? They ain't bothering me.
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 10:56:44 AM

Why do hard core theists even bother? Inquiring minds want to know. ;)
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 10:57:01 AM
At 1/21/2015 10:50:34 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:

No, they don't bother me either, not even the definite trolls, but I was curious to know why they bother coming on here at all, and if you don't ask you don't get told.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 10:59:20 AM
At 1/21/2015 10:56:44 AM, jodybirdy wrote:

Well it is a religion forum, so it is the place.

Shame those enquiring minds don't want to dig a bit deeper. No, make that a lot deeper.

Why do I bother?

Because I care enough about my fellow man to want to see as many as possible survive what it coming.

I can't answer for any other theists, only for myself.
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 11:00:33 AM
At 1/21/2015 10:59:20 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

A debate website is for the open minded. You are admitting that you are not open minded. gtfo.
#WarOnDDO
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 11:02:29 AM

Ah yes, you have finally gone off the deep end and are now completely impenetrable to reality, of which you have lost your grip. Of course, this post is very revealing, it shows the sheer desperation of your untenable position and how others observes it as such.

This is a thread showing your admittance to defeat in trying to convert anyone here to your absurd religion.

There is no reason for any of us to stoop to your level of insanity.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Commondebator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 11:03:33 AM
At 1/21/2015 11:00:33 AM, SNP1 wrote:

A debate website is for the open minded. You are admitting that you are not open minded. gtfo.

now now, be nice
SNP1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 11:04:57 AM
At 1/21/2015 11:03:33 AM, Commondebator wrote:

now now, be nice

I think anyone that pretty much argues ad nauseam should be banned. MCB is one of these people.
#WarOnDDO
Commondebator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 11:06:07 AM

ummmm no

Same reason why Christians or other religious people always bash on other people. If you see someone constantly spamming religious propaganda that is against your belief, I know you would not be quiet. Us having fights is completely irrelevant with our beliefs.
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 11:11:07 AM
At 1/21/2015 10:56:44 AM, jodybirdy wrote:

Well it is a religion forum, so it is the place.

It's the place to discuss religion. All religions and their beliefs. It's quite normal for a variety of people to want to discuss the validity of many different religions. Atheists are welcome to debate, even here.

Shame those enquiring minds don't want to dig a bit deeper. No, make that a lot deeper.

You need to dig deeper and realize that Christianity and the Jehovah's Witness are not the only religions in the world.

Why do I bother?

Because I care enough about my fellow man to want to see as many as possible survive what it coming.

Why do many of the atheists bother? Because they care about their fellow man and what religion has done to society. They want to repair the damage.

I can't answer for any other theists, only for myself.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 11:23:52 AM
At 1/21/2015 11:04:57 AM, SNP1 wrote:
At 1/21/2015 11:03:33 AM, Commondebator wrote:

now now, be nice

I think anyone that pretty much argues ad nauseam should be banned. MCB is one of these people.

On the contrary, MCB and others like him, Christian and Muslim alike are beacons for non-believers. They themselves, in their zealotry and ignorance exhibit to all of us their irrational and illogical worldviews. They expose them for all of us to see. It's wonderful. They do more damage to themselves and the institutions they defend than any of us could muster. They show to us their tenuous grip on reality with their words better than any of us could explain with ours. In that regard, we would all have to be professors of psychology.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
GamrDeb8rBbrH8r
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 11:33:15 AM
At 1/21/2015 10:48:59 AM, SNP1 wrote:

I think so.
"There's no diversity because we're burning in the melting pot."

-Immortal Technique

Rap battle VS Truth_Seeker: http://www.debate.org...
GamrDeb8rBbrH8r
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 11:37:08 AM

False. If they're trolling, it doesn't mean they cant come up with any other response. We're just doing it for fun

Unless they are happy to admit that Atheism is a religion with it's own set of Gods, like science and similar.

Religion- the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal god or gods.

This does not sound like "The rejection of the belief in any deities," which is the broadest definition of atheism. Science is also not a religion. It does not require belief in a god, thus not a religion.

-Immortal Technique

ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 11:43:40 AM
At 1/21/2015 10:57:01 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

No, they don't bother me either, not even the definite trolls, but I was curious to know why they bother coming on here at all, and if you don't ask you don't get told.

It's a debate website. If you came here not expecting conflicting views, then your mistaken.

This forum is for anything involving religion. Including the harms it has done.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 11:52:08 AM

I'm not a 'hardcore' atheist, but I come here to weigh my position. Either it will be found wanting, or it will hold up to reasonable objections. If I cannot defend my beliefs (or lack thereof) then they are not valid. My position has changed in some ways due to this process.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 12:00:11 PM
At 1/21/2015 11:43:40 AM, ChristianPunk wrote:

It's a debate website. If you came here not expecting conflicting views, then your mistaken.

I don't expect any other kind, lol. In light of what Christ taught I would be a fool to do so.

Truth is rarely popular, because it is rarely comfortable and demands much of us.

I quite agree, though I would say that religion per se has never done any harm.

The abuse of it by men with thier own agenda is what has done, not only to otehr people, but to religion itself..

True religion can only be beneficial.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 12:01:07 PM
At 1/21/2015 11:52:08 AM, Skepticalone wrote:

I'm not a 'hardcore' atheist, but I come here to weigh my position. Either it will be found wanting, or it will hold up to reasonable objections. If I cannot defend my beliefs (or lack thereof) then they are not valid. My position has changed in some ways due to this process.

Fine, as long as you are not fooling yourself, it is so easy to do so.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 12:05:41 PM
At 1/21/2015 11:37:08 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:

False. If they're trolling, it doesn't mean they cant come up with any other response. We're just doing it for fun.

That is what trolling is, and very sick fun at that.

Unless they are happy to admit that Atheism is a religion with it's own set of Gods, like science and similar.

Religion- the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal god or gods.

Poor definition.

True religion is the belief in the creator whose only interest is the welfare of his creation.

This does not sound like "The rejection of the belief in any deities," which is the broadest definition of atheism. Science is also not a religion. It does not require belief in a god, thus not a religion.

Anything can be a religion if it's supporters make it so, and many people treat science as a religion accepting whatever it says without question.

Your God is the one to whom you give great respect. Some people have lots of tehm, hence the term "screen idol" or "Pop idol" etc.. People do give them a very real form of worship.

Some make money, sex or power their god. Therefore to them they are a relilgion.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 12:07:15 PM
At 1/21/2015 12:01:07 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/21/2015 11:52:08 AM, Skepticalone wrote:

Fine, as long as you are not fooling yourself, it is so easy to do so.

Being dogmatic is never good, and is often a sign of a closed mind.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 12:07:47 PM
At 1/21/2015 11:33:15 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 1/21/2015 10:48:59 AM, SNP1 wrote:

I think so.

I am suyre many do, thugh that does nto make it so, fortunately. I only care what God thinks and he definitely doesn't.

However I certainyl should not be surprised if poeple do, as Pual pointed out.

1 Corinthians 1:26-30
ASV(i) 26 For behold your calling, brethren, that not many wise after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called: 27 but God chose the foolish things of the world, that he might put to shame them that are wise; and God chose the weak things of the world, that he might put to shame the things that are strong; 28 and the base things of the world, and the things that are despised, did God choose, yea and the things that are not, that he might bring to nought the things that are: 29 that no flesh should glory before God. 30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who was made unto us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption:

I guess I come in there somewhere, lol, you evidently think so.
GamrDeb8rBbrH8r
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 12:18:49 PM
At 1/21/2015 12:05:41 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

False. If they're trolling, it doesn't mean they cant come up with any other response. We're just doing it for fun.

What is what trolling is?

Poor definition.

True religion is the belief in the creator whose only interest is the welfare of his creation.

Mine's verified.

Anything can be a religion if it's supporters make it so, and many people treat science as a religion accepting whatever it says without question.

False. Science is the inverse of religion. Science never accepts anything as %100 proven no matter how much evidence there is. Religion however, immediately pulls unfalsifiable ideas ex culo and ignores all evidence to the contrary.

Your God is the one to whom you give great respect. Some people have lots of tehm, hence the term "screen idol" or "Pop idol" etc.. People do give them a very real form of worship.

It's not that kind of idol

Some make money, sex or power their god. Therefore to them they are a relilgion.

That doesnt make something a religion, you idiot.

-Immortal Technique

ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 12:21:30 PM
At 1/21/2015 12:00:11 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

I don't expect any other kind, lol. In light of what Christ taught I would be a fool to do so.

Truth is rarely popular, because it is rarely comfortable and demands much of us.

The abuse of it by men with thier own agenda is what has done, not only to otehr people, but to religion itself..

My question is this. How do you know that your religion is true and its practices are true? How do you know it's not something the devil is feeding you so you can commit Idoltry against the true God?
Burzmali
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 1:38:41 PM

Personally, I am honestly looking for someone to provide some objective evidence for the god he/she believes in. I also gain a much better understanding of different theistic ideas by reading what theists say in response to challenges from atheists.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 7:16:30 PM
At 1/21/2015 12:21:30 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:

My question is this. How do you know that your religion is true and its practices are true? How do you know it's not something the devil is feeding you so you can commit Idoltry against the true God?

Partly because what I teach is precisely what Christ and the Apostles taught, and partly because if it were Satan's spirit I would display the Characteristics of his spirit, instead of which I display the characteristics of God's spirit.

Galatians 5:22-23
ASV(i) 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 meekness, self-control; against such there is no law.

That was given us to enable us to recognise who is speaking with God's spirit and who Satan's. The stronger the display of those characteristics, the more mature the Christian.

Also I take great care to ensure that what I teach is precisely as Christ and the Apostles taught, as scripture tells me I must, and compare every thought to scripture relying on God to keep his promise and, on his son to keep his, and provide me with understanding through holy spirit.

What you have to remember is that it is in God"s interest for his son to guide his servants truly, and their guidance is not given to us for our purposes but for thiers.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 7:20:26 PM
At 1/21/2015 1:38:41 PM, Burzmali wrote:

Personally, I am honestly looking for someone to provide some objective evidence for the god he/she believes in. I also gain a much better understanding of different theistic ideas by reading what theists say in response to challenges from atheists.

Yes, sometimes the best way is to listen to what others are saying to each other.

However it is also important to remember that any who are indeed blessed with God's spirit will be displaying God's characteristics as listed in Galatians 5:22-23
ASV(i) 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 meekness, self-control; against such there is no law.

Anyone displaying the opposite of those characteristics are under the influence of Satan"s spirit.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 7:32:12 PM
At 1/21/2015 12:18:49 PM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 1/21/2015 12:05:41 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

What is what trolling is?

Read the section of your post I responded to with that and you will know.

However I will add that any form of entertainment which tries to make others look or feel stupid is a sick form of entertainment. Trolling is the action of someone who deep inside feels inferior so wants to make himself feel better than others.

Mine's verified.

By who?

Men?

or God?

Verification from men means little.

False. Science is the inverse of religion. Science never accepts anything as %100 proven no matter how much evidence there is. Religion however, immediately pulls unfalsifiable ideas ex culo and ignores all evidence to the contrary.

No, it isn"t your god is who or whatever you trust in and give respect to.

Genuine science and the true religion are in fact completely compatible. Since if operated properly, a s they rarely are, both should be a seeking after truth. I know mine is. That means that in the end they will come together. All the signs show that they are growing closer together, and the bible is benefitting from that.

It's not that kind of idol

There is only one kind of idol.

idol
noun \G2;ī-dəl\
a greatly loved or admired person
a picture or object that is worshipped as a god

Take a 2 minute break! See if
you can Name That Thing "

Full Definition of IDOL
a representation or symbol of an object of worship;broadly : a false god
a : a likeness of something
b obsolete : pretender, impostor
a form or appearance visible but without substance
an object of extreme devotion ; also : ideal 2
a false conception : fallacy
See idol defined for English-language learners "
See idol defined for kids "

Some make money, sex or power their god. Therefore to them they are a religion.

That doesn"t make something a religion, you idiot.

Actually it does. Certainly in God"s eyes if not in yours. Anything given more respect than he is, is a false god, therefore the ones doing it are practicing a religion.

If there is one thing that most put before god, it"s money, power and sex come pretty close behind.

After all, anyone who practices any form of fornication is making that more important than god.

As scripture says, the one you worship is the one you obey.
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 7:37:15 PM
At 1/21/2015 7:16:30 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/21/2015 12:21:30 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:

Partly because what I teach is precisely what Christ and the Apostles taught, and partly because if it were Satan's spirit I would display the Characteristics of his spirit, instead of which I display the characteristics of God's spirit.

Galatians 5:22-23

That was given us to enable us to recognise who is speaking with God's spirit and who Satan's. The stronger the display of those characteristics, the more mature the Christian.

Also I take great care to ensure that what I teach is precisely as Christ and the Apostles taught, as scripture tells me I must, and compare every thought to scripture relying on God to keep his promise and, on his son to keep his, and provide me with understanding through holy spirit.

What you have to remember is that it is in God"s interest for his son to guide his servants truly, and their guidance is not given to us for our purposes but for thiers.

I'm asking how you do you know the scriptures aren't just an entire doctrine that were made up by the devil so that he could get you yo follow a false God. Your saying you know because your God agrees with you. Surely there's more than that.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 5:53:03 AM
At 1/21/2015 7:37:15 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
At 1/21/2015 7:16:30 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

I'm asking how you do you know the scriptures aren't just an entire doctrine that were made up by the devil so that he could get you to follow a false God. Your saying you know because your God agrees with you. Surely there's more than that.

Well that's certainly not impossible, but as far as I am concerned there are a few signs that show it to be the word of God.

1) it is remarkably accurate, even on things which no man could know, and as Satan has proved with his attempts to corrupt the bible, he is not that careful or that accurate.

2) It tells the truth, revealing failures alongside success, mistakes, even of God's own son when in human form.

3) It teaches honesty and truthfulness in all things, something which is alien to Satan.

4) There have been genuine, failed attempts to destroy it, and when that failed to hide it. Whilst it is true that if it were the work of Satan God would want it destroyed, he would not fail if he tried.

5) There have been determined and very sloppy attempts to alter the text to prove other things, like the Trinity, but they have been sloppy and inconsistent, and have only introduced contradictions into God"s word. But God has protected it to the extent that the truth is still discernible with effort.

6) It is, in fact, a consistent story from beginning to end, Genesis to Revelation.

7) The contrast between other holy books, which are obviously designed to appeal to human emotions rather than accuracy, makes the bible stand out from the crowd, since the bible does not paint a rose tinted picture, but is stark and frank, even to the extent of it being possible for people to misunderstand God"s motivations if they do not choose to dig deeper.

If I took longer I could probably think of more, but those 7 are the ones that immediately spring to mind.

I hope that helps.