Total Posts:14|Showing Posts:1-14
Jump to topic:

Evolution disproven

SNP1
Posts: 2,404
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 12:52:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/21/2015 12:45:20 PM, genesis01 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

Ken Ham has been refuted time and time again. It is a joke at this point to even point at AIG.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 1:02:38 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/21/2015 12:52:45 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 1/21/2015 12:45:20 PM, genesis01 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

Ken Ham has been refuted time and time again. It is a joke at this point to even point at AIG.

You beat me to it.
SNP1
Posts: 2,404
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 1:04:04 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/21/2015 1:02:38 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 1/21/2015 12:52:45 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 1/21/2015 12:45:20 PM, genesis01 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

Ken Ham has been refuted time and time again. It is a joke at this point to even point at AIG.

You beat me to it.

What is worse, he isn't joking. Look at the debate he is in.
#TheApatheticNihilistPartyofAmerica
#WarOnDDO
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 1:05:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/21/2015 1:04:04 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 1/21/2015 1:02:38 PM, dhardage wrote:
At 1/21/2015 12:52:45 PM, SNP1 wrote:
At 1/21/2015 12:45:20 PM, genesis01 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

Ken Ham has been refuted time and time again. It is a joke at this point to even point at AIG.

You beat me to it.

What is worse, he isn't joking. Look at the debate he is in.

Doesn't surprise me. I used to hammer away at Hammites over on the Evolution Versus God website that Ray Comfort put up until I got banned for asking questions they couldn't answer. Lots of the are sincere, bur very deluded.
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 1:40:57 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/21/2015 12:45:20 PM, genesis01 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

Doesn't define what he means by information that's being added

Also, if you look at DNA and Genetics, it is the strongest evidence for evolution. So strong, we don't even need a fossil record to prove it exists. Evolution is fact. And I'll refute with Christian video

http://youtu.be...
Geneaux
Posts: 48
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 1:42:56 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/21/2015 12:45:20 PM, genesis01 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

Answer to point one: it's called mutation.
Answer to point two: that's abiogenesis, not evolution. Evolution does not talk about what created the first life, but the descent with modification of simple one-cell organisms to complex intelligent lifeforms.
Impartial
Posts: 375
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 3:40:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/21/2015 12:45:20 PM, genesis01 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

Holy crap! That's amazing!!

All the thousands and thousands of pieces of evidence proving Evolution to be a fact, destroyed in a mere 2 minutes and 36 seconds! My mind is blown...
To believe is to know nothing.
Lordgrae
Posts: 666
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 4:06:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/21/2015 12:45:20 PM, genesis01 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

"Science has proven evolution, therefore evolution is true" 0:00

This is already a strawman. Science has not 'proven' evolution, because nothing can be 100% 'proven'. However, it has been shown beyond a reasonable doubt to be the best model that explains how life can go from being simple to complex, and change and adapt to its environment. Perhaps tommorrow evidence that completely shatters that model will be found (though will not be accepted without further study, which if it is true will be accepted) than the model will either change to include the new evidence, or be dismissed.

"since evolution is true and Christians don't believe it, Christians don't believe in science" 0:03

1. Many Christians, including the Catholic church, accept evolution.
2. Yes. If you deny scientific findings, than you do not believe in science. If you believe that vaccines cause autism, than you disbelieve in the evidence that pretty much proves otherwise.
3. While this is essentially true, save for the necessary correction that should have it say, 'Christians don't believe in all of science', how can anyone believe in all of science? Much of it is too complex or obscure for us to know or understand, and some is simply under debate. Science doesn't really have a solid canon unlike religion, so saying that you believe in 'science' doesn't really mean anything. There are some things rarely disputed because they have been re-proven time and time again, but that is really about it.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
Lordgrae
Posts: 666
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 4:15:17 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/21/2015 12:45:20 PM, genesis01 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

"and they aren't rational people" 0:08

Well, not necessarily. They may simply not have been as well educated on evolution or evolutionary science. They may have had a teacher that was very Christian, and may have implicitly or explicitly denounced evolution, and teachers can be a large influence on your beliefs. They may simply not care about evolutionary science, and as a result, not thought about it enough to change their opinions from the ones their parent's gave them. Almost all of us have views we never bothered to research. And most humans aren't rational people in general.

"Evolutionin the sense that things change is evident. No rational person disputes that. Therefore rational Christians believe it. We can observe change." 0:11

Fine. Thanks for not umbrellaling Christians.

"But evolution in the sense that life came from non-life but than that life began to randomly gain new genetic information and over time it eventually produced humans, is something entirely different." 0:18

Not much to dispute here. It is entirely different. Micro and Macro evolution, while both contained within the scientific theory of evolution, are two discitnct concepts that make up different fields of study. While micro evolution does lead to macro evolution, micro evolution works with a much smaller time scale, and with much smaller change.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
Lordgrae
Posts: 666
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 4:38:33 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/21/2015 12:45:20 PM, genesis01 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

"Evolution in the sense of molecules to man is not scientifically plausable and therefore and therefore should not be viewed as scientific fact." (I'm not putting time markers anymore. It's a 2 minute video, and I'm putting these in order)

I'd like to see what claims back up this claim, I hope they will be responded to later in the video.

And it is quite plausable. Given a very large time frame, small changes can compound over time to create large changes. We've even seen some instances of pretty fast evolution when animals are faced with large environmental pressure.

"And is in great opposition to science. That is observational science, the science we can test, repeat and use our five senses to understand"

Not really. First of all, it seems to make logical sense. While it is not as simple, given a large time frame, and not assuming god, small changes over a long period of time seems to match with what we can observe.

Secondly, evolution well explains present evidence. The model well explains the fossil records, as well as the micro evolution we see, added to increasingly accurate dating of the earth's origins. If something like 'the great flood' were to be our model, it would fail to explain highly stratified layers of the earth, that match along with unmixed fossils. Had there been a flood, we would see fossils along with modern creatures liberally intermixed with the dinosaurs.

Thirdly, why do they fail to apply the same evidence to the story of Jesus? Why do they have this double standard where evolution has to meet all of these requirements, but god doesn't?

I can't even deal with the rest of this. If you can't go look it up on your own, or are unwilling, then you aren't open minded enough on this issue to argue against. If your'e just lazy, I'll look it up for you once my Midterms are done.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
Beastt
Posts: 5,135
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 5:03:02 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/21/2015 12:45:20 PM, genesis01 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

Hilarious! And silly, but at lest it was short. It also demonstrates that Christians are slowly backing down under the crushing weight of the evidence for evolution. When the Theory of Evolution was originally drafted, Christianity absolutely rejected it. Now we're finding that Christians accept it in part. But the majority still choke, sputter and gag when it comes to humans being the product of evolution. This is the same pattern Christians followed when their geocentric view of the solar system was challenged by heliocentrism.

Christians never learn. It's actually against Christian doctrine to learn anything contrary to their beliefs. They call this rejection of knowledge "faith".

Obviously the video is flat wrong. For one, it claims that there is no known way for the genetic code to gain information and this is disproved through ERVs (endogenus retroviruses), which can insert themselves into a DNA strand, bringing with it, new information.

More importantly, evolutionary change is more about changing information than adding information. For example. one might expect humans to have more genetic information than a stalk of corn, but the opposite is true. Humans have about 20,000 - 23,000 genes, while corn has been shown to have around 32,000. We have more genes than a chicken, but less than a grape plant.
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
Sterling.Dragon
Posts: 115
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2015 6:04:49 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/21/2015 12:45:20 PM, genesis01 wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

This video too retarded to provoke a response other than calling it retarded. Dismissed.