Total Posts:35|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

evolution is just a theory

FaustianJustice
Posts: 6,225
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 2:50:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/22/2015 2:41:25 AM, Geneaux wrote:
and christian theism has not been falsified, so why not teach both in schools?

Christian Theism isn't even a theory. If you wanted to teach it, file it under 'cultural studies' next to every other mythos that graced the earth.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.
http://www.debate.org...
Graincruncher
Posts: 2,799
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 4:08:57 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/22/2015 2:41:25 AM, Geneaux wrote:
and christian theism has not been falsified, so why not teach both in schools?

It is a scientific theory supported by mountains of evidence and disputed by none. It is more solid a theory than gravity. Christian theism doesn't even meet the criteria for being a scientific theory in the first place, let alone have anything like the same body of rigorously tested data backing it up.

Even if it were and it did, by your reasoning we would also teach every single non-falsified idea going as science.
Martley
Posts: 126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 6:47:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/22/2015 2:41:25 AM, Geneaux wrote:
and christian theism has not been falsified, so why not teach both in schools?

You drastically misinterpret what a theory is... its not "just" a theory... a theory is marvelous! Here are some other theories you are bound to hear about in school....

Gravity
The Cell
Plate Techtonics
Planetary Motion
Atoms
Germs
Radioactivity
Magnetism
Molecular Bonds

List list goes on...

Many of these theories do not have as much scientific evidence as evolution does. Yet I'm sure most people believe these scientific theories to be true.
A Black Belt is a white belt who never quit.

The best time to do something was 20 years ago.... the second best to do something is now.
GamrDeb8rBbrH8r
Posts: 341
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 6:55:29 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/22/2015 2:41:25 AM, Geneaux wrote:
and christian theism has not been falsified, so why not teach both in schools?

Because falsified=tested, and christian theism is not testable,.
"There's no diversity because we're burning in the melting pot."

-Immortal Technique

Rap battle VS Truth_Seeker: http://www.debate.org...
dee-em
Posts: 6,476
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 6:59:03 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/22/2015 2:41:25 AM, Geneaux wrote:
and christian theism has not been falsified, so why not teach both in schools?

Germ theory is "just a theory" too. Make a small cut in your hand, rub it in the dirt and then see how long you last without antiobiotics. Lol.
Classified
Posts: 251
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 7:17:51 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/22/2015 3:00:39 AM, JJ50 wrote:
Evolution has a lot of evidence to support it, whereas the creation myth has none!

I would like you to post the evidence in your next post in this thread.
Thank You!
Electric-Eccentric
Posts: 1,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 7:44:30 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
theory is MOSTLY theory,
scientific day dreaming put simply
with a tiny bit of "substance" added to create the illusion of something that is nearly WHOLE.

or could of been, might of been, should of been,
might be, could be, should be at another TIME.

it is the TIME factor that so many are confused by.

Time is mostly a illusion as are most "things" in the wonderful world of disney/popular human societies....

all the worlds a stage and the people are but players

make believe and pretend RULE dude.....
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 7:50:26 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/22/2015 7:44:30 AM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
theory is MOSTLY theory,
scientific day dreaming put simply
with a tiny bit of "substance" added to create the illusion of something that is nearly WHOLE.

or could of been, might of been, should of been,
might be, could be, should be at another TIME.

it is the TIME factor that so many are confused by.

Time is mostly a illusion as are most "things" in the wonderful world of disney/popular human societies....

all the worlds a stage and the people are but players

make believe and pretend RULE dude.....

I often wonder why the scientifically illiterate and misinformed always seems to want to make themselves well known to us, acknowledging and confirming their ignorance.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Electric-Eccentric
Posts: 1,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 8:19:14 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/22/2015 7:50:26 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 1/22/2015 7:44:30 AM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
theory is MOSTLY theory,
scientific day dreaming put simply
with a tiny bit of "substance" added to create the illusion of something that is nearly WHOLE.

or could of been, might of been, should of been,
might be, could be, should be at another TIME.

it is the TIME factor that so many are confused by.

Time is mostly a illusion as are most "things" in the wonderful world of disney/popular human societies....

all the worlds a stage and the people are but players

make believe and pretend RULE dude.....

I often wonder why the scientifically illiterate and misinformed always seems to want to make themselves well known to us, acknowledging and confirming their ignorance.

EE: If we were to view the other side of the popular coin, we would have this statement.

I often wonder why the religious doctrine illiterate and misinformed always seems to want to make themselves well known to us, acknowledging and confirming their ignorance

Now I personally view both "sports teams" as much the same.

Religious concepts are mostly theory.

The scientific fantasy and fiction team
v.s.
The religious fantasy and fiction team

I say this from observation of both TEAMS going at it for years.

When ALL is viewed with a view point and mind set that is FREE from SUPERSTITIOUS nonsense and the make believe and pretend that goes hand in hand with that popular concept...

You notice that each side is EXPOSING the HOLES in what the other side wants to believe as a whole.

Take a look around this forum.

WHERE are the solutions for anything?

Most like to argue in circles trying to confuse the other side more so then they are confused in turn making them appear less confused.

A backwards world filled with backwards people that want to believe that it is I that is the backwards one.

Hey if NORMAL is working for ya, have at it.

As for myself. I prefer leaving the superstitious nonsense for those that require it so that they might try and FIT IN and not be teased by their peers and others.

I choose NOT to follow the ways of a popular society that plays make believe and pretend so much that it becomes their only reality and source of truth and honesty.
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 8:25:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/22/2015 8:19:14 AM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
At 1/22/2015 7:50:26 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 1/22/2015 7:44:30 AM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
theory is MOSTLY theory,
scientific day dreaming put simply
with a tiny bit of "substance" added to create the illusion of something that is nearly WHOLE.

or could of been, might of been, should of been,
might be, could be, should be at another TIME.

it is the TIME factor that so many are confused by.

Time is mostly a illusion as are most "things" in the wonderful world of disney/popular human societies....

all the worlds a stage and the people are but players

make believe and pretend RULE dude.....

I often wonder why the scientifically illiterate and misinformed always seems to want to make themselves well known to us, acknowledging and confirming their ignorance.


EE: If we were to view the other side of the popular coin, we would have this statement.

I often wonder why the religious doctrine illiterate and misinformed always seems to want to make themselves well known to us, acknowledging and confirming their ignorance

And yet, we have seen many non-believers know scriptures better than the believers, in fact, many non-believers have read other holy books, while many Christians haven't even read their own.

Now I personally view both "sports teams" as much the same.

Religious concepts are mostly theory.

No, they are not, by definition.

The scientific fantasy and fiction team
v.s.
The religious fantasy and fiction team

I say this from observation of both TEAMS going at it for years.

No, you say that from the position of ignorance and incredulity.

When ALL is viewed with a view point and mind set that is FREE from SUPERSTITIOUS nonsense and the make believe and pretend that goes hand in hand with that popular concept...

You notice that each side is EXPOSING the HOLES in what the other side wants to believe as a whole.

Take a look around this forum.

WHERE are the solutions for anything?

In this forum, it's education, but that's considered the work the Satan the boogeyman, so most believers avoid education.

Most like to argue in circles trying to confuse the other side more so then they are confused in turn making them appear less confused.

A backwards world filled with backwards people that want to believe that it is I that is the backwards one.

Hey if NORMAL is working for ya, have at it.

As for myself. I prefer leaving the superstitious nonsense for those that require it so that they might try and FIT IN and not be teased by their peers and others.

I choose NOT to follow the ways of a popular society that plays make believe and pretend so much that it becomes their only reality and source of truth and honesty.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Harikrish
Posts: 11,010
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 8:29:20 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/22/2015 2:41:25 AM, Geneaux wrote:
and christian theism has not been falsified, so why not teach both in schools?

Christians need to upgrade their knowledge. Evolution started out as a theory. In the 150 years since its introduction, it is now accepted as a scientific fact and taught in schools.
The bible has been around for over 2000 years. There isn't a single piece of credible or scientific evidence that any of the character or events occurred as written. They are fabricated and embellished stories borrowed from myths and fables prevalent at that time. Even the accounts of creation are unsophisticated , crude attempts to explain how the universe was created. The order is out of sequence and the events so generalized that it doesn't even meet the requirements of a grade 6 schooler. That is why the bible creation cannot be taught in schools. It isn't even a logical, rational theory.
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 8:35:00 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/22/2015 8:29:20 AM, Harikrish wrote:
At 1/22/2015 2:41:25 AM, Geneaux wrote:
and christian theism has not been falsified, so why not teach both in schools?

Christians need to upgrade their knowledge. Evolution started out as a theory. In the 150 years since its introduction, it is now accepted as a scientific fact and taught in schools.
The bible has been around for over 2000 years. There isn't a single piece of credible or scientific evidence that any of the character or events occurred as written. They are fabricated and embellished stories borrowed from myths and fables prevalent at that time. Even the accounts of creation are unsophisticated , crude attempts to explain how the universe was created. The order is out of sequence and the events so generalized that it doesn't even meet the requirements of a grade 6 schooler. That is why the bible creation cannot be taught in schools. It isn't even a logical, rational theory.

Good post, I agree.
KnowledgeBot5
Posts: 41
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 9:09:36 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Love reading through these forums, granted everyone here knows we are all different in how we think, how we learn, what we believe, what we prefer. IMO, I feel religion fills a gap in a lack of comprehending life. for so many simple minded people who slept through science/biology classes, in their need to make sense of the world around them, its so much easier to just "chalk" it all up to a creator rather then attempt to comprehend and understand facts, solid proof/evidence, which I believe, is far easier to comprehend then the Holy Bible. Why are there so many different interpretations/variations of the Bible? Why would a person need to take a "Bible Study" class, which also uses "Interpretation" ? Regardless of your belief, keep an open mind, keep learning, build up your wisdom, then pass it along to those willing to grow/learn, dont force your views on others, if an opinion, then state it as so. maybe, add some 1st hand experiences to help rationalization of your opinion- example, I once asked GOD to have diner with me- i bet you can guess what the answer was-
KnowledgeBot5
Posts: 41
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 9:35:52 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/22/2015 6:55:29 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 1/22/2015 2:41:25 AM, Geneaux wrote:
and christian theism has not been falsified, so why not teach both in schools?

Because falsified=tested, and christian theism is not testable,.

Gravity = Creators way of keeping us on his planet
Planetary Motion = We all Know the earth spins at 1,036 mph and we orbit the creators Sun at 67,000 mph- (astroNutz using special Radar Guns at the space station) I would have to guess, that the creator must of been prepping his coffee and with a finger (if he/she/it, has fingers) stirred up our galaxy (hence all 8 planets orbiting the sun in the same direction)
GamrDeb8rBbrH8r
Posts: 341
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 9:40:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/22/2015 9:35:52 AM, KnowledgeBot5 wrote:
At 1/22/2015 6:55:29 AM, GamrDeb8rBbrH8r wrote:
At 1/22/2015 2:41:25 AM, Geneaux wrote:
and christian theism has not been falsified, so why not teach both in schools?

Because falsified=tested, and christian theism is not testable,.

Gravity = Creators way of keeping us on his planet

No, that is the result of a large, round earth.

Planetary Motion = We all Know the earth spins at 1,036 mph and we orbit the creators Sun at 67,000 mph- (astroNutz using special Radar Guns at the space station) I would have to guess, that the creator must of been prepping his coffee and with a finger (if he/she/it, has fingers) stirred up our galaxy (hence all 8 planets orbiting the sun in the same direction)

That is not proof of design. It's because the sun spins in x direction that the planets it pulls on gravitationally do so.
"There's no diversity because we're burning in the melting pot."

-Immortal Technique

Rap battle VS Truth_Seeker: http://www.debate.org...
KnowledgeBot5
Posts: 41
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 9:53:25 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/22/2015 2:50:36 AM, FaustianJustice wrote:
At 1/22/2015 2:41:25 AM, Geneaux wrote:
and christian theism has not been falsified, so why not teach both in schools?

Christian Theism isn't even a theory. If you wanted to teach it, file it under 'cultural studies' next to every other mythos that graced the earth.

Neither is Disney Theism, yet I can goto AAA and get travel directions, then goto Disney and meet all of my imaginary childhood friends-

Another F4T (food4thought) why is it, most hospitals are religious grounded, yet science provides the cures and the discovery of new cures? if prayers are so powerful, why aren't they used for physical healing- I heard they are strictly for exorcisms (not the kind my daughters and wife experience each month, either)
ChristianPunk
Posts: 1,710
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 10:01:30 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/22/2015 2:41:25 AM, Geneaux wrote:
and christian theism has not been falsified, so why not teach both in schools?

Do you understand the definition of "Scientific Theory."
iSpy
Posts: 41
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 1:28:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
The U.S. is falling significantly behind most Asian and European school systems in subjects such as reading, mathematics and science. I have European friends who have a better grasp of the English language than a lot of Americans, and it is their 3rd or 4th language. I know grown adults who have no idea of how to balance a checkbook.

These are real problems that need to be addressed by our public schools.

How can we afford to let our children fall further behind by wasting time teaching creation, not on the basis of it being the truth, but because it has yet to be disproved?

66% of American students score "below proficient" in reading. Is literacy less important than learning about Noah's Ark? Isn't that what Sunday schools are for?
Harikrish
Posts: 11,010
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 1:41:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Definition of SCIENTIFIC METHOD

principles and procedures for the systematic pursuit of knowledge involving the recognition and formulation of a problem, the collection of data through observation and experiment, and the formulation and testing of hypotheses

What method has the bible developed for the systematic pursuit of knowledge involving the recognition and formulation of a problem, the collection of data through observation and experiment, and the formulation and testing of hypotheses when the bible's acceptance is based on faith.
Impartial
Posts: 375
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 1:52:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/22/2015 7:17:51 AM, Classified wrote:
At 1/22/2015 3:00:39 AM, JJ50 wrote:
Evolution has a lot of evidence to support it, whereas the creation myth has none!

I would like you to post the evidence in your next post in this thread.
Thank You!

I find all of the comments by the evolution deniers highly amusing, yours in particular. For you to even ask for an example of evidence in support of evolution, considering there are thousands and thousands of pieces of evidence, really shows how ill-educated and ignorant you are.

In my country, even attempting to dispute evolution would be tantamount to committing social suicide.
To believe is to know nothing.
Harikrish
Posts: 11,010
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 2:13:21 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/22/2015 1:52:51 PM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/22/2015 7:17:51 AM, Classified wrote:
At 1/22/2015 3:00:39 AM, JJ50 wrote:
Evolution has a lot of evidence to support it, whereas the creation myth has none!

I would like you to post the evidence in your next post in this thread.
Thank You!

I find all of the comments by the evolution deniers highly amusing, yours in particular. For you to even ask for an example of evidence in support of evolution, considering there are thousands and thousands of pieces of evidence, really shows how ill-educated and ignorant you are.

In my country, even attempting to dispute evolution would be tantamount to committing social suicide.

But your country does not teach American exceptionalism .
Burzmali
Posts: 1,310
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 2:16:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/22/2015 2:41:25 AM, Geneaux wrote:
and christian theism has not been falsified, so why not teach both in schools?

Like FaustianJustice said, teach about Christian theism all you want in humanities classes in school. But it does not belong in a science classroom. Evolution is a scientific topic, that has mountains of scientific research to support it. It belongs in the science classroom, Christianity (or any religion, for that matter) does not.
Impartial
Posts: 375
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 2:18:14 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/22/2015 2:13:21 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 1/22/2015 1:52:51 PM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/22/2015 7:17:51 AM, Classified wrote:
At 1/22/2015 3:00:39 AM, JJ50 wrote:
Evolution has a lot of evidence to support it, whereas the creation myth has none!

I would like you to post the evidence in your next post in this thread.
Thank You!

I find all of the comments by the evolution deniers highly amusing, yours in particular. For you to even ask for an example of evidence in support of evolution, considering there are thousands and thousands of pieces of evidence, really shows how ill-educated and ignorant you are.

In my country, even attempting to dispute evolution would be tantamount to committing social suicide.

But your country does not teach American exceptionalism .

Happily that is indeed the case. Many people also consider religious indoctrination to be a form of child abuse.
To believe is to know nothing.
Bennett91
Posts: 4,227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 2:22:25 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/22/2015 2:41:25 AM, Geneaux wrote:
and christian theism has not been falsified, so why not teach both in schools?

Why not teach hindu/jewish/scientology/buddhist/FPM creationism too?
Skepticalone
Posts: 6,127
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 2:23:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/22/2015 2:41:25 AM, Geneaux wrote:
and christian theism has not been falsified, so why not teach both in schools?

Invisible pink unicorns have 't been falsified either. We don't teach based on what is impossible to falsify. Also, it is possible to falsify evolution, and scientific theory is not equivalent to the colloquial use of theory.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Harikrish
Posts: 11,010
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 2:33:28 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/22/2015 2:18:14 PM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/22/2015 2:13:21 PM, Harikrish wrote:
At 1/22/2015 1:52:51 PM, Impartial wrote:
At 1/22/2015 7:17:51 AM, Classified wrote:
At 1/22/2015 3:00:39 AM, JJ50 wrote:
Evolution has a lot of evidence to support it, whereas the creation myth has none!

I would like you to post the evidence in your next post in this thread.
Thank You!

I find all of the comments by the evolution deniers highly amusing, yours in particular. For you to even ask for an example of evidence in support of evolution, considering there are thousands and thousands of pieces of evidence, really shows how ill-educated and ignorant you are.

In my country, even attempting to dispute evolution would be tantamount to committing social suicide.

But your country does not teach American exceptionalism .

Happily that is indeed the case. Many people also consider religious indoctrination to be a form of child abuse.

That explains why only American priests are accused of pedophilia.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 2:36:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/22/2015 2:41:25 AM, Geneaux wrote:
and christian theism has not been falsified, so why not teach both in schools?

Christianity is taught in a church, so one may attend if they want to learn. Schools are teaching concepts related to reality.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth