Jump to topic:

How did god do it?

Strikeeagle84015
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 10:26:19 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
On a separate forum the issue was brought up that simply saying God did it was not sufficient explanation how did God do it was asked I started thinking about it and am now wondering how God did it.
What do you think?
: At 8/17/2010 7:17:56 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
: Hey dawg, i herd you like evangelical trolls so we put a bible thumper in yo bible thumper so you can troll while you troll!

Arguing with an atheist about God is very similar to arguing with a blind man about what the Sistine Chapel looks like
Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
The only way I will stop believing in God is if he appeared before me and told me that he did not exist.
Strikeeagle84015
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 10:30:59 PM
After five minutes of thinking I have formulated an idea
(Note: All that follows is completely the musings of Hunter Poe and in no way shape or form express the ideas of other organizations or beliefs)

God is all powerful
Therefore would have access to limitless energy
E=mc<sup>2</sup> establishes the principle that matter can be converted to energy and vice versa
Therefore God created all that is from energy and simply compressed matter into matter
This is one explanation I have come up with
: Hey dawg, i herd you like evangelical trolls so we put a bible thumper in yo bible thumper so you can troll while you troll!

Arguing with an atheist about God is very similar to arguing with a blind man about what the Sistine Chapel looks like
Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
The only way I will stop believing in God is if he appeared before me and told me that he did not exist.
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 11:01:16 PM
This is the part where the students in the back of the classroom start laughing, while the students in the front fight very hard to keep a straight face.

God is inherently undefinable, at least to us mortals. To me, it seems pretty pointless to try to debate anything related to God--especially if you have absolutely no idea what the ef you're talking about.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
Veridas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 11:14:58 PM
At 6/22/2010 11:01:16 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
This is the part where the students in the back of the classroom start laughing, while the students in the front fight very hard to keep a straight face.

God is inherently undefinable, at least to us mortals. To me, it seems pretty pointless to try to debate anything related to God--especially if you have absolutely no idea what the ef you're talking about.

>>Implying that anyone who talks about god has any idea what the f*ck they're talking about.

It's better to look at something seriously than say "it's magic" and cower at the mere sight of it like cavemen.
What fresh dickery is the internet up to today?
Yvette
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2010 11:51:01 PM
Great, now test it.

Oh...wait...you can't.

How is this better than testable scientific theories again?
In the middle of moving to Washington. 8D

"If God does not exist, then chocolate causing cancer is only true for the society that has evidence for that." --GodSands
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2010 12:17:30 AM

Cop out.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2010 5:08:06 AM
If we are arguing for an all powerful God then there are no limits to how he may have created the universe. Indeed the universe may have been created last thursday, our memories of what occured before last thursday being fake.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Strikeeagle84015
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2010 10:02:11 AM
Wow their have been more anti-god people to comment on this post then religious people just out of curiosity all you atheist people out there why are you even on the Religion forum if you believe it is all just a bunch of hooplah

Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2010 10:07:58 AM
At 6/23/2010 10:02:11 AM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:
Wow their have been more anti-god people to comment on this post then religious people just out of curiosity all you atheist people out there why are you even on the Religion forum if you believe it is all just a bunch of hooplah

it's some very important hooplah.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2010 10:32:37 AM
At 6/23/2010 10:02:11 AM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:

Because, like it or not, your "hooplah" still influences our daily lives. The laws made and enforced, are the result of religious tolerance and ideals. Plus, religious people kind of out number atheists. Atheists usually don't get to express their points in public since their mostly shut down as "paranoid" or "offensive". On this site, we can debate and show our opinions about atheism while learning about the religious perspectives. And how warped they become.... o_0

And don't forget the free entertainment you guys bring! XD
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2010 10:37:03 AM
At 6/23/2010 12:23:18 AM, Puck wrote:

God is inherently undefinable, at least to us mortals.

How do you know? ;)

That's how people define God, as undefinable.

Theists will say, "God can't be proven, because it takes faith... faith beyond logic and reason."

There, checkmate. If someone's being irrational, what are you going to do...? Try to rationalize with them? No, you pick up your bags and move on.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2010 10:54:24 AM
At 6/23/2010 10:37:03 AM, PoeJoe wrote:

How do you know? ;)

Not any of the religions I know of except those new age/"I'm spiritual but not religious" movements.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2010 11:08:39 AM
At 6/23/2010 10:54:24 AM, popculturepooka wrote:
Not any of the religions I know of except those new age/"I'm spiritual but not religious" movements.

wasn't it that really influential guy maimonides who came up with the idea you cannot name positive attributes of God???
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2010 11:24:56 AM
At 6/23/2010 10:56:14 AM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 6/23/2010 12:21:37 AM, Vi_Veri wrote:
Theology is like masturbation.

Can't get enough of it?

I get it. Once you start, you can't go back?
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2010 12:57:56 PM
At 6/23/2010 11:24:56 AM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 6/23/2010 10:56:14 AM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
At 6/23/2010 12:21:37 AM, Vi_Veri wrote:
Theology is like masturbation.

Can't get enough of it?

I get it. Once you start, you can't go back?

Yea... thats actually true....
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2010 2:46:08 PM

How do you know? ;)

That's an anti definition and anti conceptual i.e. it is a meaningless label that defines nothing at all.

Theists will say, "God can't be proven, because it takes faith... faith beyond logic and reason."

And yet we have apologetics where the above is false. The above also tend to be people who have never studied logic. :P

There is a difference between "inherently" and "one person's opinion".
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2010 3:01:53 PM
At 6/22/2010 10:30:59 PM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:

God is all powerful
Therefore would have access to limitless energy
E=mc<sup>2</sup> establishes the principle that matter can be converted to energy and vice versa
Therefore God created all that is from energy and simply compressed matter into matter
This is one explanation I have come up with

Principle of the conservation of energy

BOOM.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2010 3:06:24 PM

How do you know? ;)

O.o

You don't see anything wrong with that statement?
Strikeeagle84015
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2010 5:52:48 PM
At 6/23/2010 5:47:54 PM, whatledge wrote:
Rather than HOW, I think the question WHY is more important

Do you honestly want to know how or have you already predetermined that you will try and find every weakness and try and twist everything I say if I did tell you why

Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
whatledge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2010 5:56:06 PM
At 6/23/2010 5:52:48 PM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:

Do you honestly want to know how or have you already predetermined that you will try and find every weakness and try and twist everything I say if I did tell you why

?
I merely think HOW God created is of less importance as to WHY he created. Did my comment imply anything beyond that?
Strikeeagle84015
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2010 5:57:56 PM
At 6/23/2010 5:56:06 PM, whatledge wrote:

?
I merely think HOW God created is of less importance as to WHY he created. Did my comment imply anything beyond that?

Well I could provide you an answer if you would like but if you are not willing to listen and have already convinced I am a gullible moron (I am) and that everything I say is worthless (it isn't) then I don't want to waste my time

Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
whatledge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2010 6:05:48 PM
At 6/23/2010 5:57:56 PM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:
At 6/23/2010 5:56:06 PM, whatledge wrote:

?

Well I could provide you an answer if you would like but if you are not willing to listen and have already convinced I am a gullible moron (I am) and that everything I say is worthless (it isn't) then I don't want to waste my time

I am not on this site searching to mock or ridicule, but quite the opposite, I am on this site to learn from various people with varying beliefs. By all means, feel free to share your thoughts.
Atheism
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2010 6:39:04 PM

Then go make a thread about that. This is specifically WHY, and not HOW.
I miss the old members.
DATCMOTO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2010 4:23:36 AM
At 6/22/2010 10:26:19 PM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:
On a separate forum the issue was brought up that simply saying God did it was not sufficient explanation how did God do it was asked I started thinking about it and am now wondering how God did it.
What do you think?

There are two substances in existence:

God and nonGod.

God creates using different quantities of Himself and nonGod.

So a Jewish, old testament prophet has somewhat more God in him than you or I.
The Cross.. the Cross.