Total Posts:13|Showing Posts:1-13
Jump to topic:

WHY do "grown mature adults" make believe?

Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 10:17:30 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Why do so called grown mature adults have such a preoccupation with the realm of make believe and pretend?

The wanting to stay and look young or live forever and such?

The world around us is FILLED with examples and proof of just how immature this earthly world is.

If you THINK about it. So called Hollywood stars and such are just playing dress up, make believe and pretend and getting paid very well for doing it by their fans, the ones that worship and idolize them.

Then we have what is called cos play where people of all ages dress up like halloween any time of the year and it's all viewed as normal overall.

Make believe and pretend is like most other "vices" that humans seem drawn toward.

Best handled in moderation so you don't end up like small children that get so involved in their world of make believe and pretend that it becomes reality and truth to them.

So anyone have a opinion on WHY so called grown mature adults would choose to play so much make believe and pretend and not work on GROWING UP and maturing in FACT and Truth?

And WHY do they get so upset and defensive when their love/lust of fantasy and fiction is exposed?

I know the answers for the questions I ask.

Do you?
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 11:54:11 AM
At 1/22/2015 11:23:24 AM, JJ50 wrote:
What has this thread got to do with religion?

EE: Religion is mostly made up of make believe and pretend as are most all earthly human concepts.

The problem with most all "human concepts" is that they are "put together" by those that value the ESCAPE from Reality and Truth that the realm of fantasy and fiction seem to provide them.

And fantasy and fiction is the BIG MONEY and FAME maker. It's like MAGIC.

The REAL Truth, Facts and evidence that is ALL around us and within us is mostly IGNORED and DENIED as it gets in the way of the fantasy and fiction based mindset.

So be it religion, science, politics, sports and such.

If the so called professional adults with the pedigrees, ribbons and stars on the walls have their minds in fantasy land more so then the NOW,

I would take what they claim is the best facts, truths and evidence available for what it's worth in actual Reality, Truth and Honesty considering the contaminated superstitious environment that these concepts and theories are made up in.

Religion is much like pro wrestling.
It's only real within the minds of the fans that follow and worship the popular concept.

I watch the wrestling matches around these forums and it is much the same as pro wrestling in concept and end result.

I would like a world with a few more grown ups or at least more willing to grow up in it.

YES, I know, I'm in fantasy land with that opinion as that will never happen in Reality.

Humans love their deceptions and lies called good far more then not.......
RoderickSpode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 12:30:48 PM
At 1/22/2015 10:17:30 AM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
Why do so called grown mature adults have such a preoccupation with the realm of make believe and pretend?

The world around us is FILLED with examples and proof of just how immature this earthly world is.

If you THINK about it. So called Hollywood stars and such are just playing dress up, make believe and pretend and getting paid very well for doing it by their fans, the ones that worship and idolize them.

Then we have what is called cos play where people of all ages dress up like halloween any time of the year and it's all viewed as normal overall.

Make believe and pretend is like most other "vices" that humans seem drawn toward.

Best handled in moderation so you don't end up like small children that get so involved in their world of make believe and pretend that it becomes reality and truth to them.

So anyone have a opinion on WHY so called grown mature adults would choose to play so much make believe and pretend and not work on GROWING UP and maturing in FACT and Truth?

And WHY do they get so upset and defensive when their love/lust of fantasy and fiction is exposed?

Do you?
I think at least part of this has to do with dissatisfaction with God's creation (how God chose to design human beings). In fact, I think humans are jealous of the animal kingdom, which I think had a lot to do with all of the ancient animal and half animal/human deities. Nowadays, it results in changing one's hair color to either a color inconsistent with their ethnicity (like blonde for a non European person), or a color inconsistent with all humans (bright red, green, blue, etc.). Adding parts to our bodies that we could never be born with like tattoos, ring piercings, etc. If humans could be born with tattoos, different hair colors like streaks and stripes, we'd be more unique. But since that can't happen, we have to pay money for someone to manufacture something that is not really a part of us.

Like I said, there's jealousy towards the animal kingdom. We may like the fact that we supervise the planet. But it's the animals that get to have the pretty hair/fur colors with stripes, unique designs, etc. All we get is one hair color consisting of different shades of blonde to brown to black (red maybe being the most unique), with no stripes, no designs, and then it turns white. So we have to pay a hair stylist to manufacture an exotic look.

It's the reptiles who get interesting designs on their skin. All we humans get is one skin tone that at best may darken at times (tanning). So we have to pay a tattoo artist.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 2:18:42 PM
At 1/22/2015 12:30:48 PM, RoderickSpode wrote:

Do you?
I think at least part of this has to do with dissatisfaction with God's creation (how God chose to design human beings). In fact, I think humans are jealous of the animal kingdom, which I think had a lot to do with all of the ancient animal and half animal/human deities. Nowadays, it results in changing one's hair color to either a color inconsistent with their ethnicity (like blonde for a non European person), or a color inconsistent with all humans (bright red, green, blue, etc.). Adding parts to our bodies that we could never be born with like tattoos, ring piercings, etc. If humans could be born with tattoos, different hair colors like streaks and stripes, we'd be more unique. But since that can't happen, we have to pay money for someone to manufacture something that is not really a part of us.

Like I said, there's jealousy towards the animal kingdom. We may like the fact that we supervise the planet. But it's the animals that get to have the pretty hair/fur colors with stripes, unique designs, etc. All we get is one hair color consisting of different shades of blonde to brown to black (red maybe being the most unique), with no stripes, no designs, and then it turns white. So we have to pay a hair stylist to manufacture an exotic look.

It's the reptiles who get interesting designs on their skin. All we humans get is one skin tone that at best may darken at times (tanning). So we have to pay a tattoo artist.

EE:
Do you realize that most of what you wrote has to do with OUTSIDE appearances?
And I would assume that the thoughts and desires of things that animals can do that humans can't would be another direction that branches away from that.

I Live out in what many call "the sticks", so I have animal Live Living all around me. I have many species from the insect world on up to deer that walk around my property and we do have a few close encounters as we go about our personal Lives. I have ducks, geese, turkeys and all the other assorted wildlife that Lives out in the sticks where there is still room to breath and think as we go about out separate and personal Lives.

I bring that all up as I have spent many a hour watching the critters and I can tell you this. I would much rather be a human with a free mind then any other sort of life form.
RoderickSpode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 9:59:07 PM
At 1/22/2015 2:18:42 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
At 1/22/2015 12:30:48 PM, RoderickSpode wrote:

Do you?

EE:

It seemed that your post had a fair amount to do with outside appearances.

And I would assume that the thoughts and desires of things that animals can do that humans can't would be another direction that branches away from that.

Certainly. It might be more of a sub-conscious envy. I don't think too many humans would actually want to be a Lion, but there's certainly an admiration for their strength and agility. That's why we have athletic teams calling themselves the Lions, the Bears, etc.

I Live out in what many call "the sticks", so I have animal Live Living all around me. I have many species from the insect world on up to deer that walk around my property and we do have a few close encounters as we go about our personal Lives. I have ducks, geese, turkeys and all the other assorted wildlife that Lives out in the sticks where there is still room to breath and think as we go about out separate and personal Lives.

I bring that all up as I have spent many a hour watching the critters and I can tell you this. I would much rather be a human with a free mind then any other sort of life form.
I think most humans would. I don't think too many people take the envy to the level of actually wanting to be an animal. It's more of a sub-conscious envy. We see humans dying their hair, and putting stripes and designs on it. Tigers don't have to pay anyone to put black stripes on their fur. Snakes and Lizards don't have to pay anyone to tattoo magnificent designs on their skin. I don't think too many humans would want to be a fish, but imagine if some humans were born with magnificent bright colors like various fish species. We think Hollywood is all vanity now. Imagine if some Hollywood stars had neon colored skin like the Mandarin Fish. Many fish species make humans look quite dull.

And that's the whole fascination with fantasy and sci-fi. I don't think it's strictly a religious issue so much as a craving for extra human physical characteristics. And this manifests into the whole extra-terrestrial fascination in sci-fi movies, exotic humanoids in fantasy stories, etc. This fascination includes all types religious or atheist. Look at anime. At one time anime was a normal looking guy named Speed Racer. Now anime consists of over-the-top looking humans born with something like an ankh on their forehead, etc. You talk about pro wrestling, at one time people were satisfied with the typical looking wrestler coming in with a jacket, trunks, and wrestling boots. Nowadays the wrestling ring consists of outrageous face paint, vampires, zombies, clowns, etc.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 10:02:22 PM

Do you?

I know how closed minded our Creator made you. He made most of His people that way during this first age but don't worry, He plans on enlightening you in the next age.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 3:50:41 AM
Saint Brad's Day?

I notice that those of the MANY make it clear for those with the eyes to see, that they try and ignore and avoid ANYTHING that might get in the WAY of their fantasy and fictional realities with the many versions of subjected TRUTHS and these people of the MANY seem to CHOOSE a LIFE of hell within their confused clouded superstitious mind sets.

Ask yourself this IF the anger monkeys on your backs will allow it that is...

If you were to take a HONEST and FACTUAL measurement of how HONEST and FACTUAL you were to your SELF?

Would you be pleased with the HONEST and FACTUAL results?

Are YOU of the many that BELIEVE that they will be as HONEST and FACTUAL as they PERCEIVE OTHERS to be to them?

The OLD I will do for others after others do for me routine?

Do YOU spend MANY HOURS of your LIFE trying to be clever and deceptive toward others while putting on a FALSE front, even to YOURSELF?

You do things in anger as the monkeys dance on your back and then later you feel GUILTY for allowing those naughty anger monkeys to MAKE you do something that you didn't/shouldn't/wouldn't hadda done it chant?

Must be tough having to TRY and LIVE with such a cosmic burden.

That's what invisible gods and friends are for. They help make what you would like to be invisible seem to go away. For a short spell or time anyway.

SHORTCUTS are for LAZY day dreamers. Those that want to try and believe that if they wish, dream, DRESS and ACT the part of being more SMART that they will become the person of their dreams and the dreams of others.

When a person travels the NARROW path of LIFE they need to put a lot of THOUGHT into shortcuts as shortcuts do not exist on the narrow path.
Shortcuts are of the WIDE path that most travel as it is ROOMY and designed for deceptions and lies called good.

put that in your bong, be it religious, scientific or other and smoke it.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 10:31:02 AM
At 1/24/2015 3:50:41 AM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
Saint Brad's Day?

I notice that those of the MANY make it clear for those with the eyes to see, that they try and ignore and avoid ANYTHING that might get in the WAY of their fantasy and fictional realities with the many versions of subjected TRUTHS and these people of the MANY seem to CHOOSE a LIFE of hell within their confused clouded superstitious mind sets.

Ask yourself this IF the anger monkeys on your backs will allow it that is...

If you were to take a HONEST and FACTUAL measurement of how HONEST and FACTUAL you were to your SELF?

Would you be pleased with the HONEST and FACTUAL results?

Are YOU of the many that BELIEVE that they will be as HONEST and FACTUAL as they PERCEIVE OTHERS to be to them?

The OLD I will do for others after others do for me routine?

Do YOU spend MANY HOURS of your LIFE trying to be clever and deceptive toward others while putting on a FALSE front, even to YOURSELF?

You do things in anger as the monkeys dance on your back and then later you feel GUILTY for allowing those naughty anger monkeys to MAKE you do something that you didn't/shouldn't/wouldn't hadda done it chant?

Must be tough having to TRY and LIVE with such a cosmic burden.

That's what invisible gods and friends are for. They help make what you would like to be invisible seem to go away. For a short spell or time anyway.

SHORTCUTS are for LAZY day dreamers. Those that want to try and believe that if they wish, dream, DRESS and ACT the part of being more SMART that they will become the person of their dreams and the dreams of others.

When a person travels the NARROW path of LIFE they need to put a lot of THOUGHT into shortcuts as shortcuts do not exist on the narrow path.
Shortcuts are of the WIDE path that most travel as it is ROOMY and designed for deceptions and lies called good.

put that in your bong, be it religious, scientific or other and smoke it.

An ego your size will not die easily.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 11:01:48 AM
You should know Saint Brad that you can't kill the EGO of the Way, the Truth and the Life.

When a human cleans the superstitious programing from their minds,
they find that they have PLENTY of room for growing BIG egos of Truth as that is what Truth does even if the ignorant blind in denial try and ignore that Fact and clear Truth.

WHY would a FREE thought human CHOOSE to be enslaved and imprisoned in mind once they have been BORN AGAIN, SAVED, BAPTIZED in the SPIRIT, made SIN FREE and such?

Returning to the deceptions and lies of the wide path would be much like a dog returning to it's vomit, would it not?

FREE your mind of superstitious programing and your LIFE will follow the Truth that leads the Way to peace, harmony and happiness.....

here take a free flower as a gift from some guy with a bald head wearing a orange robe at the airport....

harry christmas
harry christmas
harry harry
harry potter
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 4:23:34 PM

Do you?

It's part of the government program to have a population of obedient robot like citizens.

By creating an atmosphere where children are forced to deal with adult content and experiences faster, and thereby force them to grow up sooner, you will produce adults that make attempts to recapture their childhood. Keeping them easily pacified, easily feared, and easily sell things to them, and easily controlled.

Produce such an atmosphere and pass it off as normalcy is the present day state. Children are turned into sexual idols. Dressed up as adults and put into working environments. This imagery is meant to illicit the adult to think of the child inside themselves.

This is a big difference from biology. Puberty is seen as a signally process that a young child is turning into an adult. This process on average does not end till 21. People are talking about consent and stuff and legally pushing the value of this consent to earlier years. But the process of changing into adult is not over? So why treat children still living under their parental guidance and still moving thru a process into adulthood as if they are mature adults? makes no sense.

Well then as they grow up they will stay stuck in transitioning.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 4:43:34 PM

Do you?

I think they don't want the responsibility that comes with being an adult.
They prefer to believe someone else will look after them.
Someone else will pay for all their mistakes because its all someone elses fault.
Blame someone else.
It's a way to avoid responsibility for ones own actions.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 4:56:00 PM
At 1/22/2015 9:59:07 PM, RoderickSpode wrote:
At 1/22/2015 2:18:42 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:

EE:

It seemed that your post had a fair amount to do with outside appearances.

Certainly. It might be more of a sub-conscious envy. I don't think too many humans would actually want to be a Lion, but there's certainly an admiration for their strength and agility. That's why we have athletic teams calling themselves the Lions, the Bears, etc.

I think most humans would. I don't think too many people take the envy to the level of actually wanting to be an animal. It's more of a sub-conscious envy. We see humans dying their hair, and putting stripes and designs on it. Tigers don't have to pay anyone to put black stripes on their fur. Snakes and Lizards don't have to pay anyone to tattoo magnificent designs on their skin. I don't think too many humans would want to be a fish, but imagine if some humans were born with magnificent bright colors like various fish species. We think Hollywood is all vanity now. Imagine if some Hollywood stars had neon colored skin like the Mandarin Fish. Many fish species make humans look quite dull.

And that's the whole fascination with fantasy and sci-fi. I don't think it's strictly a religious issue so much as a craving for extra human physical characteristics. And this manifests into the whole extra-terrestrial fascination in sci-fi movies, exotic humanoids in fantasy stories, etc. This fascination includes all types religious or atheist. Look at anime. At one time anime was a normal looking guy named Speed Racer. Now anime consists of over-the-top looking humans born with something like an ankh on their forehead, etc. You talk about pro wrestling, at one time people were satisfied with the typical looking wrestler coming in with a jacket, trunks, and wrestling boots. Nowadays the wrestling ring consists of outrageous face paint, vampires, zombies, clowns, etc.

I gather that Roderick thinks most people are not happy with the way they are so they need to try to improve themselves to fit their own idea of perfection and uniqueness. They do that by putting on a fake outward appearance. A bit like a mask to hide the ugliness and other undesirable qualities underneath it.