Total Posts:31|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Can you go to heaven without being religious?

debatingtheworld.com
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 3:13:46 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Here's what I think about the subject. I think you can and many times even easier than many religious people. I'll be glad to see what you think.

http://debatingtheworld.com...
LostintheEcho1498
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 4:09:51 PM
At 1/22/2015 3:13:46 PM, debatingtheworld.com wrote:
Here's what I think about the subject. I think you can and many times even easier than many religious people. I'll be glad to see what you think.

hmm this is definitely interesting to me. I do agree he will reach heaven. As a Christian myself, more specifically, I believe reaching hell requires a full knowledge of the gospel and for you to reject Jesus, His atonement, and the Holy Ghost. Honestly, I don't think many people who think they are condemned really are. Reaching hell really does require effort. The more effort we make here to do what is right, however, the more we are rewarded in heaven.
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 8:03:13 PM

Interesting. I think, being a Christian, that what is most important is to be born it some place that indoctrinates you into the Christian faith at an earl age. That way you are implanted with biases and grow up believing in Christianity.

I don't think the thoughts you have, the decisions you make and your character play much a role in deciding heaven or hell. I think the most important things are first getting indoctrinated into Christianity and never leaving the faith. That is what makes heaven, not morality.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 8:06:04 PM

Simple answer:

Sicne most of the faithful dont gotto heaven why shoudl those who are effectively on Satan's side of the argument do so.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 10:07:38 PM

We're already in Heaven. Christians don't understand this so that's why they lie to each other and anyone listening to them. The tree of the knowledge of good and evil is what kept God's people from understanding what the tree of life is.
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2015 10:16:14 PM
Why would anyone want to experience a heaven? If an individual has a life currently, why would he/she bother concerning themselves with what happens when they are deceased?
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 12:52:27 AM

the key of heaven's gate is laailaha illa Allah (there is no Hod save Allah).
To reach this gate one must follow a true religion and provide sufficient good deeds.
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 2:35:38 AM
Uncung, keep quiet please. You have no qualifications for judging people's beliefs because you're brainwashed and only repeat your brainwashing sentences and ideas. You could be replaced by a tape recorder doing the same thing, repeating words of Muhammad instead of reasoning for yourself. How do you know anything of what you believe in on your own merits? Huh? You have no belief of your own so how can you answer as an individual person when you're a Muhammad clone trained like a seal to bark on command and bark only Muhammad's words. That isn't thinking, it's rote robot behavior.
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 2:42:35 AM
That goes for all you Muhammadans. When you post, you all post the same things, the words of your idol, Muhammad, his words, his thinking, never your own as individuals which we don't see, just Muhammadans posting Muhammads words. You all may gather comfort as fellow Muhammadans but to us non-Muhammadans, you guys are just gangsters, low life believers who can't recognize right from wrong because of being idolators of a man instead of God which is a Spirit and not a man. Learn to tell the difference and start to think on your own. And stop the Muhammadan brainwashing five times a day for Christ's sake!
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 2:47:51 AM
At 1/23/2015 2:35:38 AM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:
Uncung, keep quiet please. You have no qualifications for judging people's beliefs because you're brainwashed and only repeat your brainwashing sentences and ideas. You could be replaced by a tape recorder doing the same thing, repeating words of Muhammad instead of reasoning for yourself. How do you know anything of what you believe in on your own merits? Huh? You have no belief of your own so how can you answer as an individual person when you're a Muhammad clone trained like a seal to bark on command and bark only Muhammad's words. That isn't thinking, it's rote robot behavior.

I am brainwashed by the truth.
Classified
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 3:03:49 AM
At 1/22/2015 9:29:46 PM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:
All good people go to heaven as goodness is of God and the Spirit of Christ.

CTT quotes almost similarly like Santa Claus. "Everybody that's good will be rewarded. Be careful to not be on my naughty list!"

Even if we sin, we still have the sin in our bodies.
You don't just do good and still have the sin in your bodies and then go to heaven. They don't cancel each other out. The sin stays.

God is holy and pure. Someone sinful, evil, and wicked is not welcome in Heaven. Holy and pure is the exact opposite of sinful and wicked.
wsmunit7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 6:21:17 AM
At 1/23/2015 2:42:35 AM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:
That goes for all you Muhammadans. When you post, you all post the same things, the words of your idol, Muhammad, his words, his thinking, never your own as individuals which we don't see, just Muhammadans posting Muhammads words. You all may gather comfort as fellow Muhammadans but to us non-Muhammadans, you guys are just gangsters, low life believers who can't recognize right from wrong because of being idolators of a man instead of God which is a Spirit and not a man. Learn to tell the difference and start to think on your own. And stop the Muhammadan brainwashing five times a day for Christ's sake!

So what's the difference when many self styled Christians do nothing but spout / quote Bible verses? You can teach a parrot to recite, but that doesn't mean the parrot understands anything of what they squack.
debatingtheworld.com
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 10:07:22 AM
At 1/23/2015 6:21:17 AM, wsmunit7 wrote:

So what's the difference when many self styled Christians do nothing but spout / quote Bible verses? You can teach a parrot to recite, but that doesn't mean the parrot understands anything of what they squack.

I think they are both wrong... that is the whole point of the article. If you really believe that your God (however you call him) is better than any mortal.... shouldn't he be smarter than accepting just people from one religion or the other. Religions are many times geographical accidents. If you were born in Asia instead of America your indoctrination would have been very different. I can't think of a superior entity just sending you to hell for the believes of the parents he chose to you and the place he chose for you to be born in.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 10:42:58 AM
At 1/23/2015 6:21:17 AM, wsmunit7 wrote:

So very true, and if you don't take the trouble to understand it, and just parrot it "as is", it is of no benefit to you or anyone else.
debatingtheworld.com
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 10:48:16 AM
At 1/22/2015 8:03:13 PM, twocupcakes wrote:

Interesting. I think, being a Christian, that what is most important is to be born it some place that indoctrinates you into the Christian faith at an earl age. That way you are implanted with biases and grow up believing in Christianity.

I don't think the thoughts you have, the decisions you make and your character play much a role in deciding heaven or hell. I think the most important things are first getting indoctrinated into Christianity and never leaving the faith. That is what makes heaven, not morality.

Do you realize that you just said that being indoctrinated is more important than right action to get into heaven? You just used exactly the same argument they used to justify Inquisition and witch hunts. If you believe in God and keep your faith you can kill all the infidels. Really?

Other than that, why would God even bother to give us free will if morality doesn't matter. Sounds like a poor plan for someone perfect.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 10:54:58 AM
At 1/23/2015 3:03:49 AM, Classified wrote:
At 1/22/2015 9:29:46 PM, celestialtorahteacher wrote:
All good people go to heaven as goodness is of God and the Spirit of Christ.

CTT quotes almost similarly like Santa Claus. "Everybody that's good will be rewarded. Be careful to not be on my naughty list!"

Even if we sin, we still have the sin in our bodies.
You don't just do good and still have the sin in your bodies and then go to heaven. They don't cancel each other out. The sin stays.

God is holy and pure. Someone sinful, evil, and wicked is not welcome in Heaven. Holy and pure is the exact opposite of sinful and wicked.

Sinful, wicked people will nto be welcomed onto the cleansed earth after Armageddon either, though many will at least be ginve a second chance, to see if theya re capable of learning when they have had teh strongest reason to believe possible, and the prospects of an eternala lifetime to appreciate it.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 11:03:01 AM
At 1/23/2015 10:48:16 AM, debatingtheworld.com wrote:

Do you realize that you just said that being indoctrinated is more important than right action to get into heaven? You just used exactly the same argument they used to justify Inquisition and witch hunts. If you believe in God and keep your faith you can kill all the infidels. Really?

Other than that, why would God even bother to give us free will if morality doesn't matter. Sounds like a poor plan for someone perfect.

The scriptural truth is that the right indoctrination brings the right actions in its wake, out of love of God, Christ and mankind.

Every other form of indoctrination is wrong and produces negative results and actions.

There is nothing wrong with indoctrination, brainwashing, or as most prefer to call it education per se. We all have to undergo it. It is what they are trying to teach you which is either wrong or right.

On a personal level it is what you choose to be indoctrinated by that counts.
seeu46
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 12:36:40 PM
At 1/22/2015 8:06:04 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Simple answer:

Sicne most of the faithful dont gotto heaven why shoudl those who are effectively on Satan's side of the argument do so.

Curious Mad. How do you interpret this? As I am some what divided on this. If a "non" believer in Christ who is ignorant on who God is but believes in these "two" alone and does them. Is it then true for a 'non' believer?

Mark 12:33-34 the Pharisee answered:
And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.

And when Jesus saw that he answered wisely, he said unto him, You are not far from the kingdom of God. And no man after that dared ask him any question.

Galatians 5:14
For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; You shall love your neighbor as yourself. That one word is "LOVE".

Matthew 22:40
On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Matthew 7:12
Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets.

Romans 13:10
Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

James 2:8
If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, "Love your neighbor as yourself," you are doing right.

Now don't get me wrong. Doing the love of Jesus this is a very hard saying to even do(maybe even the hardest, Love your enemies) but not impossible through God? What is impossible for man is possible for God. For I have asked revelation of the Spirit of God and it lead me to this answer.

Yes he can enter but this is to hard for him but not hard for Me to do to him this.

Maybe this is just a wishful fantasy of mine but this is what I believe to receive from God. As you also then ask the holy spirit and see what the Spirit of God says to you, who I know seeks God.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 3:55:43 PM
At 1/23/2015 12:36:40 PM, seeu46 wrote:

Curious Mad. How do you interpret this? As I am some what divided on this. If a "non" believer in Christ who is ignorant on who God is but believes in these "two" alone and does them. Is it then true for a 'non' believer?

Mark 12:33-34 the Pharisee answered:
And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.

And when Jesus saw that he answered wisely, he said unto him, You are not far from the kingdom of God. And no man after that dared ask him any question.

Galatians 5:14
For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; You shall love your neighbor as yourself. That one word is "LOVE".

Matthew 22:40
On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Matthew 7:12
Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets.

Romans 13:10
Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

James 2:8
If you really keep the royal law found in Scripture, "Love your neighbor as yourself," you are doing right.

Now don't get me wrong. Doing the love of Jesus this is a very hard saying to even do(maybe even the hardest, Love your enemies) but not impossible through God? What is impossible for man is possible for God. For I have asked revelation of the Spirit of God and it lead me to this answer.

Yes he can enter but this is to hard for him but not hard for Me to do to him this.

Maybe this is just a wishful fantasy of mine but this is what I believe to receive from God. As you also then ask the holy spirit and see what the Spirit of God says to you, who I know seeks God.

Non-believers, for the sake of clarity, include all those who believe in another Christ to the one scripture describes, for instance Trinitarians.

I don't need to ask, I have had a very similar question before and the answer has two basic parts. Also I no longer need to seek God, since he has found me, and I have accepted his invitation, but I do still need to keep learning about him, his ways, and his purposes.

The first part really covers three similar time periods; 1) last century and this one 2) the 1st century and 3) the time during which Noah preached. The common theme being the preaching of God"s message of impending disaster for the unfaithful.

The second part covers all other periods of time.

The second part is the simplest so I"ll actually cover it first, and the answer is that all who died ignorant of the truth will get a resurrection.

As for those covered by the first part, God will allow a certain amount of time for the message to eb preached and any who die ignorant during that time will like the rest of time periods, get an automatic resurrection. After the point where God feels that everyone has had more than reasonable chance to learn, those who have refused to listen will be counted as being deliberately ignorant and perish eternally.

For us, now, the important thing for us to be concerned about is, when will God decided that point is reached when people have run out of reasonable excuses for not listening? Any who die at Armageddon having refused to listen will not get a resurrection, just as any who refused to listen to Christ and the Apostles wil loose out.

Any still ignorant but at least showing an interest in learning will get a second chance in the resurrection.

Have we already reached that cut off point?

Only God knows, but ti can"t be long now, because the JWs and I have been determinedly spreading the Good News in obedience to God"s son, now the Christ, and it is now all easily available, free of charge, anywhere on the earth where the internet can be found..

So those who are closed minded and refuse to listen, beware, your eternal lives are at risk. It will be no good feigning an interest, God cannot be fooled, but if nay has a genuine interest in learning I suggest you start now.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 4:02:43 PM

PS, I forgot to add.

God is extremely good at drawing those he wants to give the chance of life to his son's side. Not all he calls succeed, as Christ said, many are called, bt few chosen, so you can Guarantee that it is unlikely that any who have no matter how small a chance of learing to prove worthy will get that chance.

Hid drew all that were interested to the side of Christ and teh Apostles in teh first century, and n this tme of teh end, he has been known to make even the most reluctant of truth seekers at least find his poeple. Some accept that if God says sdo then they must be, otehrs run away.

I can speak of that from experience because I was one of teh many who, despite genuinely wanting to find God's people, steadfastly refused to even consider the JWs, and the shock when I find out they truly are God's people was so sver it took me 4 years to recover from it enough to investigate and make sure.

I have never regretted that decision for one second.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 4:06:05 PM

That somehow missed the spell checker, sorry

God is extremely good at drawing those he wants to give the chance of life to his son's side. Not all he calls succeed, as Christ said, many are called, bt few chosen, so you can Guarantee that it is unlikely that any who have no matter how small a chance of learing to prove worthy will get that chance.

Hid drew all that were interested to the side of Christ and teh Apostles in teh first century, and n this tme of teh end, he has been known to make even the most reluctant of truth seekers at least find his poeple. Some accept that if God says sdo then they must be, otehrs run away.

I can speak of that from experience because I was one of teh many who, despite genuinely wanting to find God's people, steadfastly refused to even consider the JWs, and the shock when I find out they truly are God's people was so sver it took me 4 years to recover from it enough to investigate and make sure.

I have never regretted that decision for one second.
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 4:29:42 PM

Well, do you realize that the religion I believe ( and was indoctrinated into) is correct and all other religions are wrong? If someone has the gull to reject the God that exists for a fake one, why should they get into heaven?

We have free will to accept God or reject God. I have made my decision. If others decide to reject God, I will not hurt them. But, God will not let them into heaven. It is their own free will to go to hell.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 4:44:02 PM
At 1/23/2015 4:29:42 PM, twocupcakes wrote:

Well, do you realize that the religion I believe ( and was indoctrinated into) is correct and all other religions are wrong? If someone has the gull to reject the God that exists for a fake one, why should they get into heaven?

We have free will to accept God or reject God. I have made my decision. If others decide to reject God, I will not hurt them. But, God will not let them into heaven. It is their own free will to go to hell.

Ah, one clue to the falseness of your religion, yu apparently believe in the Pagan teaching of a hell of torment.

In scripture hell is simply the grave, where all go to await the resurrection , conscious of nothing at all.

Neitehr God, nor his son who came to earth to becme teh Christ, would cuntenance such a thing. They are just and merciful, and a Hell of torment is neither just nor merciful.

Thos who do ont apprecaite the love of the God that Christ worshipped, do not deserve life at all, and will not be granted it when their tme for judgement comes.

That includes the majority of ones who call themsleves Christans, but none the less follow a Christ other than the one that the Apostles taught, and ignore his father, Jehovah, completely.

Having been brought up and indoctrinated in such a faith is no excuse, since many who are now True Christians were, myself, struggling to live up to the high standards Christ set, included.

True, the yoke Christ gives us is light, but the world makes it very heavy to bear indeed.
debatingtheworld.com
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 5:08:16 PM

I think it is sad that you couldn't even try to analyze anything that was said. I'm glad you are such a firm believer but it has only brought you to a message of ignorance and intolerance. To think that there are millions in the same state of mind is sad indeed.
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 5:50:27 PM
At 1/23/2015 5:08:16 PM, debatingtheworld.com wrote:

I think it is sad that you couldn't even try to analyze anything that was said. I'm glad you are such a firm believer but it has only brought you to a message of ignorance and intolerance. To think that there are millions in the same state of mind is sad indeed.

lol...

FYI im an atheist. I was just having a laugh lol.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 6:00:02 PM
At 1/23/2015 5:50:27 PM, twocupcakes wrote:

lol...

Ah, a sad sense of humnour eh?
debatingtheworld.com
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 4:35:30 PM
At 1/23/2015 6:00:02 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 1/23/2015 5:50:27 PM, twocupcakes wrote:

lol...

Sweet.... You got me. I was starting to worry. Good one.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 11:34:01 AM
At 1/23/2015 10:54:58 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Sinful, wicked people will nto be welcomed onto the cleansed earth after Armageddon either...

That would be you, then, considering the sinful life you lead, using the products of Satan every day of your life, living in sin with a woman who you are not married having sex out of wedlock. You are indeed most sinful and wicked. You will be cleaned from this Earth.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 12:13:32 PM
At 1/27/2015 11:34:01 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 1/23/2015 10:54:58 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Sinful, wicked people will nto be welcomed onto the cleansed earth after Armageddon either...

That would be you, then, considering the sinful life you lead, using the products of Satan every day of your life, living in sin with a woman who you are not married having sex out of wedlock. You are indeed most sinful and wicked. You will be cleaned from this Earth.

I'll leave that decision to God thanks.