Total Posts:7|Showing Posts:1-7
Jump to topic:

why do people like the combat of arguement?

Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 5:03:52 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I was visiting a friend of many years awhile back and he and his 30 something daughter were having a argument on the details for the long drive she was going to make that day.

I sat and listened to what they were saying and as I was aware of the situation, I told them the solution for their argument.

They both turned their heads and listened and then went back to where they left off.

They were NOT seriously seeking a solution as they argued. It was all about DISTRACTION away from what was on their minds that they would rather ignore.

My solution was used in the end.

I look around these forums and notice that most are just arguing for the sport of argument.

I learned that people like to argue about things that have almost no real possible solutions as most arguments are about distraction of the part of the mind that a person in denial wants to ignore for various reasons made in haste.

I have watched and read such dialog as is found around these forums for many years and noticed the slow changes as the programing of the masses progressed along as it does in a so called modern advanced society.

Their are many parodies and spoofs in books and on film of how people prefer to talk about "doing something", more so then doing it.

For most words are cheap.

Take the so called marriage vows and other such vows.
NOT many keep them.

Then we have the promises that people will make to others.
Not many promises are kept as stated.
Many times if a promise is delivered it is the short form version that has most of the day dreaming removed.

When I sit back and watch and read around here I notice that most are looking for a place to VENT hostilities and anger in some form.

Take a close look and you will find little to no solutions solved or found.

It's mostly a tug of war with words. But more like a harry pooter script where people are casting spells at each other with magic words and such

in the name of harry may you grow festering warts on your brain and have horns growing out of your head.

counter curse argument

yabba dabba doo I say unto you, I am rubber and you are glue, what ever you cast my way bounces off of me and sticks to you, oooohhh boooo
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
Dazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 5:14:52 AM
At 1/23/2015 5:03:52 AM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:

yabba dbba dooo
Nice shot.

I agree, I'd also come across many, who just argue for the sake of their argument, least bothered to accept the solution. Just like they fight to end the fight, what's left is also another fight. So they argue for the argument, what is left is another argument to argue over. This is just so creepy....
Remove the "I want", remainder is the "peace". ~Al-Ghazali~
"This time will also pass", a dose to cure both; the excitement & the grievance. ~Ayaz~
gingerbread-man
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 5:58:20 AM
I was visiting a friend of many years awhile back and he and his 30 something daughter were having a argument on the details for the long drive she was going to make that day.

I sat and listened to what they were saying and as I was aware of the situation, I told them the solution for their argument.

They both turned their heads and listened and then went back to where they left off.

They were NOT seriously seeking a solution as they argued. It was all about DISTRACTION away from what was on their minds that they would rather ignore.

I look around these forums and notice that most are just arguing for the sport of argument.

I learned that people like to argue about things that have almost no real possible solutions as most arguments are about distraction of the part of the mind that a person in denial wants to ignore for various reasons made in haste.

I have watched and read such dialog as is found around these forums for many years and noticed the slow changes as the programing of the masses progressed along as it does in a so called modern advanced society.

Their are many parodies and spoofs in books and on film of how people prefer to talk about "doing something", more so then doing it.

NOT many keep them.

Many times if a promise is delivered it is the short form version that has most of the day dreaming removed.

When I sit back and watch and read around here I notice that most are looking for a place to VENT hostilities and anger in some form.

It's mostly a tug of war with words. But more like a harry pooter script where people are casting spells at each other with magic words and such

in the name of harry may you grow festering warts on your brain and have horns growing out of your head.

counter curse argument

yabba dabba doo I say unto you, I am rubber and you are glue, what ever you cast my way bounces off of me and sticks to you, oooohhh boooo

I couldn't disagree more! Its ridiculous to think people would come to a website called Debate.org to simply argue with each other. That is just pure crazy talk
Not my gumdrop buttons!

Debates currently in voting period:

http://www.debate.org...
Dazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 8:18:10 AM
At 1/23/2015 5:58:20 AM, gingerbread-man wrote:

NOT many keep them.

counter curse argument

I couldn't disagree more! Its ridiculous to think people would come to a website called Debate.org to simply argue with each other. That is just pure crazy talk

Point is about that attitude and incapability to understand the purpose and ethic of debate when someone argue to troll only, that is when they don't engage in a fair argumentation and don't accept what comes out of argumentation as a result. Hence they just waste others' energies for the sake to enjoy bogus communication.
Remove the "I want", remainder is the "peace". ~Al-Ghazali~
"This time will also pass", a dose to cure both; the excitement & the grievance. ~Ayaz~
celestialtorahteacher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 3:49:18 PM
Human beings are hard-wired to seek authority figures and males are hard-wired to establish and maintain territory. Territory includes now ideas and so we have men, mostly men, fighting each other for intellectual territorial supremacy. As there are no judges in this processes it goes on forever until a Way is established and an Authority that is acceptable to the majority. The minority will continue to challenge the Authority until things change again. Not much you can do about it as it does require authoritative guidance to move humanity along the path of survival and growth towards becoming humane beings. I am an alpha male older than most here and packed with religious historical information most here do not possess because of limiting themselves to traditional Scripts and their advocates instead of digging deeper into religious history. I fend off the young bulls easily as they just don't know enough to really challenge my authority, especially the fundamentalists who are brainwashed and can no longer think rationally, they're the easiest to toss to the side, their beliefs all mangled and torn to shreds with simple logic and historical review. And it's not atheism either but solid spiritual consciousness led historical discovery that changes everything, traditional religious paths unable to survive critical review and only the Celestial Torah always eternally Present to guide us as God intended.
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 4:09:35 PM
WHAT do people spend their TIME energy and financial resources on during and given day?

I have studied people all my Life as I found the concept a great and rewarding learning and entertainment experience.

I have never been much of a FAN for the make believe realm as I was far more interested in the world around me and within me.

I have a better understanding of the fantasy and fiction realm then most as I have mostly viewed it from a much different perspective then is considered NORMAL.

I was young and very foolish, but then I collected knowledge and gained wisdom through the years.

A popular advanced society that caters to the realm of make believe and pretend in it's many forms and versions is part of the BIG money and power making machine of industry.

Life and most all is a double edged sword. The better the understanding of just what that means is a better understanding of BALANCE, fairness, Honesty and Truth.

Confused,, stress & doubt filled lonely peoples are drawn into the snare of the angry monkeys that like to hang on a persons back.

Most are so lonely in Truth that they start feeding the anger monkeys and the anger monkeys get meaner and sometimes a bit more clever and then it's much like playing games of chance where you keep feeding the machine with little in return, or like a monster from under the bed that wants all the more the more you feed it.

These type of problems grow like a cancer until they consume the host.

It is easy enough to SEE that it's a angry world filled with angry people that are more interested in feeding the anger monkeys on there backs and the monsters under the bed then they are in GROWING UP and leaving the superstitious crap that enslaves the free thinking process of their minds.

If a person wants more peace, harmony and balance in their lives and the world around them. They need to start within themselves.

In simple computer language terms.
Most need to run a complete virus scan on their Lives and minds and get rid of the popular trained parrot programming and replace it with the original operating system that came with the baby when new from the factory.

That original operating system is within all of us as we were born with it.
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
gingerbread-man
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 4:17:28 PM
At 1/23/2015 4:09:35 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
WHAT do people spend their TIME energy and financial resources on during and given day?

I have studied people all my Life as I found the concept a great and rewarding learning and entertainment experience.

I have never been much of a FAN for the make believe realm as I was far more interested in the world around me and within me.

I have a better understanding of the fantasy and fiction realm then most as I have mostly viewed it from a much different perspective then is considered NORMAL.

I was young and very foolish, but then I collected knowledge and gained wisdom through the years.

A popular advanced society that caters to the realm of make believe and pretend in it's many forms and versions is part of the BIG money and power making machine of industry.

Life and most all is a double edged sword. The better the understanding of just what that means is a better understanding of BALANCE, fairness, Honesty and Truth.

Confused,, stress & doubt filled lonely peoples are drawn into the snare of the angry monkeys that like to hang on a persons back.

Most are so lonely in Truth that they start feeding the anger monkeys and the anger monkeys get meaner and sometimes a bit more clever and then it's much like playing games of chance where you keep feeding the machine with little in return, or like a monster from under the bed that wants all the more the more you feed it.

These type of problems grow like a cancer until they consume the host.

It is easy enough to SEE that it's a angry world filled with angry people that are more interested in feeding the anger monkeys on there backs and the monsters under the bed then they are in GROWING UP and leaving the superstitious crap that enslaves the free thinking process of their minds.

If a person wants more peace, harmony and balance in their lives and the world around them. They need to start within themselves.

In simple computer language terms.
Most need to run a complete virus scan on their Lives and minds and get rid of the popular trained parrot programming and replace it with the original operating system that came with the baby when new from the factory.

That original operating system is within all of us as we were born with it.

I think the great thinker Michael Jackson said it best in Man in the Mirror
Not my gumdrop buttons!

Debates currently in voting period:

http://www.debate.org...