jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 9:02:22 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/23/2015 6:42:47 AM, Geneaux wrote:
https://www.youtube.com...

I tried to dislike this video on Youtube, but it denied the action! What the heck? Are you not allowed to like or dislike a religious video on youtube? Well, if atheist ruled the country then religious groups wouldn't get special treatment and I could have given that crummy video a thumbs down. Ha!
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
dhardage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 9:13:26 AM
At 1/23/2015 9:02:22 AM, jodybirdy wrote:

I tried to dislike this video on Youtube, but it denied the action! What the heck? Are you not allowed to like or dislike a religious video on youtube? Well, if atheist ruled the country then religious groups wouldn't get special treatment and I could have given that crummy video a thumbs down. Ha!

You shouldn't be surprised, dear lady. Religions don't encourage dissenting opinions and religious people are much the same.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 9:19:40 AM
At 1/23/2015 9:13:26 AM, dhardage wrote:

You shouldn't be surprised, dear lady. Religions don't encourage dissenting opinions and religious people are much the same.

Indeed. One could also say that religions as a whole exclude SELF discovery quite literally and figuratively.
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 9:27:14 AM

...Are you a moron? Let's look at the atheist and religious population in many countries...

China: 14% religious. This is the LEAST religious country.
Ghana: 96% religious. This is the MOST religious country.

Following these, we've got the likes of many war and poverty infested countries with horrible education:

Nigeria (93% believe), Iraq (88% believe), Romania (89%).

Now let's look at some of the least religious countries:

Japan (16% religious), France (37% religious), Australia (37%).

As we see, atheist countries generally have better education, better living state, etc. Religious countries are usually poor and in which children cannot learn much about Evolution, but are taught a belief in God early. If atheists took over, we'd be a hell of a lot better off...
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 9:35:47 AM

You're right. It's evident even in this forum.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
carriead20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 9:48:06 AM
What will happen if atheists take over US?
Everyone will finally be able to get along. There will be no bias against others. Rational thoughts will be the number one priority. etc
To all the people fighting a hard battle out there - life's giving you a pretty hard beating. There's no sugarcoating that, but there's no shadow that's free of light. When life sneers at you and asks, "Ready to go again?" - Raise your hand. Reach out to victory. Don't give in.

---Help Bsh and YYW see each other---
http://www.gofundme.com...
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 9:56:05 AM
At 1/23/2015 9:27:14 AM, dtaylor971 wrote:

...Are you a moron? Let's look at the atheist and religious population in many countries...

Following these, we've got the likes of many war and poverty infested countries with horrible education:

Hmm, these are countries that have a long history of problems with war/conflict, lack of human rights, poverty, etc. A large part of this is attributed to corruption and other geographical factors [particularly in the cases of Ghana, Nigeria and Iraq], not exclusively religion.

As we see, atheist countries generally have better education, better living state, etc. Religious countries are usually poor and in which children cannot learn much about Evolution, but are taught a belief in God early. If atheists took over, we'd be a hell of a lot better off...
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 10:01:43 AM
At 1/23/2015 9:56:05 AM, Emilrose wrote:

Hmm, these are countries that have a long history of problems with war/conflict, lack of human rights, poverty, etc. A large part of this is attributed to corruption and other geographical factors [particularly in the cases of Ghana, Nigeria and Iraq], not exclusively religion.

Granted, but I believe it is undeniable that religion is somewhat associated with the state of the country. For example, these countries typically do not have a good education system, and have a bad state of living. This means the children have limited education on evolution, atheism, and practically lack the ability to make an educated choice. Bad living conditions means someone is more likely to turn for a higher power for help (existent or not) or at least for some form of happiness "knowing" someone loves them.

"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 10:08:32 AM
At 1/23/2015 10:01:43 AM, dtaylor971 wrote:
At 1/23/2015 9:56:05 AM, Emilrose wrote:

Granted, but I believe it is undeniable that religion is somewhat associated with the state of the country. For example, these countries typically do not have a good education system, and have a bad state of living. This means the children have limited education on evolution, atheism, and practically lack the ability to make an educated choice. Bad living conditions means someone is more likely to turn for a higher power for help (existent or not) or at least for some form of happiness "knowing" someone loves them.

Yep, that's true. Though I still hold the opinion that corruption is the largest issue in such places; but this can be strongly associated with religion as well. In the case of the Middle East and Africa, poverty has always been an issue.

Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

RoderickSpode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 11:10:56 AM

Actually, Christianity has been on the rise in China since the early years of communism.

http://www.ft.com...

That figure of 16% is not accurate. There are numerous underground churches that are not registered by the government which makes it impossible to get an accurate figure on how many Christians there actually are in China. And a number of Chinese students who come to America convert to Christianity, which would indicate that in China there still exists a repression against Christianity in spite of the fact that religious freedom has improved over the years.

http://hirr.hartsem.edu...

And China is not quite as prosperous as they may appear. There is tremendous wealth there, but right around the corner is poverty. The Pudong district in Shanghai for instance looks very impressive in a picture. But just walk a few blocks away from the impressive space-age looking sky scrapers, and it doesn't take long to get back into poverty stricken neighborhoods, and a lot of prostitution.

Christianity in South Korea is an example of a prospering nation with a growing population of Christians. And, coincidentally, it's believed that the prosperity began right about the time Christian increased.

As far as what will happen if atheists take over the US?

It depends. I think there are very level headed atheists, some right here in this very forum (No need to name names, you know who you are) who are level-headed. They know how to make the distinction for instance between the Christian who they work with, become friends with that are not out to proselytize their family; and witch hunters in early European history. I'm not so sure every atheist in America have the ability to make that distinction. So theoretically if a large enough group of these types I'm referring to took over the country, we'd probably be fine. And in this theoretical scenario, it probably wouldn't be a result of a takeover anyway. More happenstance.

However, as any atheist will tell you, atheism is simply non-belief in a God. That being said, on those terms, it cannot be equated with humanitarianism just as it can't be equated with evil. So an atheistic controlled American government could be as bad as any communist, fascist, theocratic government. And quite frankly, there are some more high profile atheists, that if a large number of them with a collective similar mindset did take over, we would have the nightmare totalitarian system everyone dreads. Even Richard Dawkins expresses dismay over the actions of some of his American atheist colleagues.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 11:22:51 AM
you mean they have not taken over already? Seems to me they have already taken over and are progressing toward implementing their facist programs.

Do not resist the power of the atheists. They are the gods....at least as long as Muslims don't hold a sword over their necks asking if they want to convert to Islam.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 11:25:26 AM
At 1/23/2015 9:19:40 AM, slo1 wrote:

Indeed. One could also say that religions as a whole exclude SELF discovery quite literally and figuratively.

if you have to discover yourself, it's only because you have not found yourself, and that is only because you are lost. You need to get saved from Hell or you will be forever lost to it.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 11:28:08 AM
At 1/23/2015 9:48:06 AM, carriead20 wrote:
Everyone will finally be able to get along. There will be no bias against others. Rational thoughts will be the number one priority. etc

yeah right. If the atheists can kill all the Christians, and if the atheists can keep the Muslims from cutting their heads off (by in a cowardly fashion bowing to the cowardly Muslims who hold the sword over their heads) by saying God's name is Allah and Muhammed is his prophet, then you will finally all get along togther as happy cowards.
carriead20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 11:37:39 AM
At 1/23/2015 11:28:08 AM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:

yeah right. If the atheists can kill all the Christians, and if the atheists can keep the Muslims from cutting their heads off (by in a cowardly fashion bowing to the cowardly Muslims who hold the sword over their heads) by saying God's name is Allah and Muhammad is his prophet, then you will finally all get along together as happy cowards.

You spelled Muhammad and together wrong but do not worry I fixed it for you.

Please, atheists do not want genocide (most) want peace and happiness without believing in false things. Also we have resisted religions thus far so why would we stop if all christians were killed?
To all the people fighting a hard battle out there - life's giving you a pretty hard beating. There's no sugarcoating that, but there's no shadow that's free of light. When life sneers at you and asks, "Ready to go again?" - Raise your hand. Reach out to victory. Don't give in.

jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 11:40:34 AM

yeah right. If the atheists can kill all the Christians, and if the atheists can keep the Muslims from cutting their heads off (by in a cowardly fashion bowing to the cowardly Muslims who hold the sword over their heads) by saying God's name is Allah and Muhammed is his prophet, then you will finally all get along togther as happy cowards.

Non religious people don't kill religious people because religious people are already killing each other. One really good reason why atheists aren't religious. We prefer life over death.

By the way, God and Allah are the same guy, because God translates to Allah in Arabic. Also, Allah/God is the same god from the old testament as your God. Do you not know that?
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 11:55:24 AM
At 1/23/2015 11:40:34 AM, jodybirdy wrote:

yeah right. If the atheists can kill all the Christians, and if the atheists can keep the Muslims from cutting their heads off (by in a cowardly fashion bowing to the cowardly Muslims who hold the sword over their heads) by saying God's name is Allah and Muhammad is his prophet, then you will finally all get along togther as happy cowards.

Non religious people don't kill religious people because religious people are already killing each other. One really good reason why atheists aren't religious. We prefer life over death.

By the way, God and Allah are the same guy, because God translates to Allah in Arabic. Also, Allah/God is the same god from the old testament as your God. Do you not know that?

That's not entirely the case. Islam provides a very different interpretation to the OT god. In the OT, all the emphasis is placed on Jews, them being his people, Israel, etc. whereas Muhammad had slightly contrasting ideas; thus deviating away from the Old Testament. I would also say his interpretation is more Paganistic, hence why the crescent moon is the official symbol of Islam.

LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 12:00:40 PM

Do some research. Allah is the ancient moon-god of tribal middle eastern culture, the most popular deity if the paganism in the days of Muhammed. Temples to the moon-god have been found throughtout that area. Muhammed was driven out of Mecca, built up a band of thieves after many sucessful caravan raids, then returned to Mecca claiming he was empowered by Allah who was the moon god of tribal paganism.

Of course they want to replace God with Allah so they claim Allah is God giving them the power to conquer the world in obedience to Allah.. If you want to believe Allah equals God, go ahead...you probably believe a sodomite contract of partnership in the world = marriage. Just becuse somebody says this word is the same as that word does not make it true.

It is not me who is lacking in knowledge. You have been lazy and allowed lazy people to steer your thinking.

For the archeological proofs that Allah is derived from tribal paganistic moon god worship in the middle east....just google Is Allah the moon god.....

Your statement equating Allah to God shows ignornance, and I think you like to considerer yourself to be intelligent, so I advise that you look at the hisorty of the moon-god and the proofs that Allah is the same moon god. Why do you think Islam is represented by a Crescent moon and a sword? Why do you think the Quran teaches that all Christians and Jews must eventually be killed if they will not bow and convert to Islam?

Do you really love ignorance so much that you will not bend in asserting Allah is God of the Bible?
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 12:06:31 PM

Just because Allah means God does not make him teh same as Jehovah, who is the God Christ worshipped.

Islam came down from Ishmael, the illegitmate son of Abraham, and scripture prophesied that they would be a determined enemy to all.

And don't we know it.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 12:08:35 PM
At 1/23/2015 11:37:39 AM, carriead20 wrote:

yeah right. If the atheists can kill all the Christians, and if the atheists can keep the Muslims from cutting their heads off (by in a cowardly fashion bowing to the cowardly Muslims who hold the sword over their heads) by saying God's name is Allah and Muhammad is his prophet, then you will finally all get along together as happy cowards.

Please, atheists do not want genocide (most) want peace and happiness without believing in false things. Also we have resisted religions thus far so why would we stop if all christians were killed?

Mohammed has several different spellings....like Quran and Koran......take your pick. I doubt you have any more reason for understanding the different spellings that are used than I do, but I'm guessing it has something to do with the animosity between different Islamic sects such as Sunnis and Shiites. There are something like three main islamic sects, plus two other lesser but common sects.....and who knows how many smaller sects.......if you take a sunni, a shiite, and one from each of the other sects in a room together in Iraq or Iran, it won't be five minutes before they are all trying to kill each other.

People love ignorance, that's why they won't listen when I say we all deserve to die and burn in Hell and we all can be saved from it by God the Saviour, the only Saviour, Jesus Christ. The existence of sinners can only be justifed by the fire of Hell, but people love their sin more than life and don't want to hear God calliing them to repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved from Hell. It's sad.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 12:16:53 PM
Atheism is the same as Jehovah's Witnesses and Islam in that all of them promise you will not have to burn in Hell for eternity. It really does not matter if you believe one of these three more than the others, they all promise the same thing......freedom from Hell........

And they are all lies.
carriead20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 12:16:56 PM
At 1/23/2015 12:08:35 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:

Mohammed has several different spellings....like Quran and Koran......take your pick. I doubt you have any more reason for understanding the different spellings that are used than I do, but I'm guessing it has something to do with the animosity between different Islamic sects such as Sunnis and Shiites. There are something like three main islamic sects, plus two other lesser but common sects.....and who knows how many smaller sects.......if you take a sunni, a shiite, and one from each of the other sects in a room together in Iraq or Iran, it won't be five minutes before they are all trying to kill each other.
"Koran" is technically not a word, it is just how Quran would be spelled if you went off of sounds. Much like japanese english subtitles.
People love ignorance, that's why they won't listen when I say we all deserve to die and burn in Hell and we all can be saved from it by God the Saviour, the only Saviour, Jesus Christ. The existence of sinners can only be justified by the fire of Hell, but people love their sin more than life and don't want to hear God calling them to repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved from Hell. It's sad.

Honestly I don't care where I end up if there is a heaven or hell.

MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 12:17:00 PM
At 1/23/2015 12:08:35 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:

People love ignorance, that's why they won't listen when I say we all deserve to die and burn in Hell and we all can be saved from it by God the Saviour, the only Saviour, Jesus Christ. The existence of sinners can only be justifed by the fire of Hell, but people love their sin more than life and don't want to hear God calliing them to repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved from Hell. It's sad.

Islam does seem to be characterised by hatred of anyone and anything else, including it's nternal divisions..

If nothing else marks it out as Satanic, that does.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 12:21:57 PM
repeat

Atheism is the same as Jehovah's Witnesses and Islam in that all of them promise you will not have to burn in Hell for eternity. It really does not matter if you believe one of these three more than the others, they all promise the same thing......freedom from Hell........

And they are all lies.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 12:36:49 PM
If atheists take over America, America will become a true secular democracy. All those artificial manufactured morality legislation will be. abolished and true secular freedom the law of the land. The separation of state and religion will no longer be necessary. Immigrants and citizenry will have to swear allegiance to America , united they will stand under a single flag. America will truly be the land of the free.
Today 75% of convicts in the prison population are Christians. Other religious groups make up the rest.but less than 1% are atheists. The prison population will shrink dramatically.
Christians will not have to fear any retribution.
Kathleen Taylor, Neuroscientist, Says Religious Fundamentalism Could Be Treated As A Mental Illness.
Quote:
An Oxford University researcher and author specializing in neuroscience has suggested that one day religious fundamentalism may be treated as a curable mental illness.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 12:47:40 PM
At 1/23/2015 12:36:49 PM, Harikrish wrote:
If atheists take over America, America will become a true secular democracy. All those artificial manufactured morality legislation will be. abolished and true secular freedom the law of the land. The separation of state and religion will no longer be necessary. Immigrants and citizenry will have to swear allegiance to America , united they will stand under a single flag. America will truly be the land of the free.
Today 75% of convicts in the prison population are Christians. Other religious groups make up the rest.but less than 1% are atheists. The prison population will shrink dramatically.
Kathleen Taylor, Neuroscientist, Says Religious Fundamentalism Could Be Treated As A Mental Illness.
Quote:
An Oxford University researcher and author specializing in neuroscience has suggested that one day religious fundamentalism may be treated as a curable mental illness.

You could be treated as an idiot
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 12:54:27 PM
Atheism, Hinduism (wiith all it's branches such as HairyKissinyas, Bhuddists, Bhai, Zeroism,) Jehoavah's Witnesses, Mormonism.......all are the same in that they all promise their practitioners that they have the right to exist outside of the eternal torments of Hell....

And they are all lies. We all deserve to die and burn in Hell and if we are not saved from it by God the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ, we are bound to have our existence justified by Hell forever.

When people think "I'm not bad enough to burn in Hell" you know they are lost and on their way to Hell. Nobody fools God into believing they don't deserve to die and burn in Hell. God won't buy it...but most people in the world will buy and pay for the lie of believing they have the right to exist outside of the fire of Hell.
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 12:55:02 PM
At 1/23/2015 12:47:40 PM, LifeMeansGodIsGood wrote:
At 1/23/2015 12:36:49 PM, Harikrish wrote:
Quote:

You could be treated as an idiot
You are losing it, bro. Stay with the program.