Total Posts:24|Showing Posts:1-24
Jump to topic:

What would happen if theist took over the US?

wsmunit7
Posts: 1,318
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 7:10:24 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Which theology would control? I can't think of ANY religion where there aren't denominations that disagree, some violently. I would predict civil war amongst the different religions.
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 7:14:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Our Dollar bill states "In God We Trust".

Our pledge of allegiance states "One nation, under God..."

Our President ends every speech with "God bless America"... and he's a liberal.

If this is your idea of a country not run by theists then I'd hate to see what one that is looks like.
wsmunit7
Posts: 1,318
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 7:23:06 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/23/2015 7:14:52 PM, Double_R wrote:
Our Dollar bill states "In God We Trust".

Our pledge of allegiance states "One nation, under God..."

Our President ends every speech with "God bless America"... and he's a liberal.

If this is your idea of a country not run by theists then I'd hate to see what one that is looks like.

They could replace the oath of office with the Nicene Creed.
wsmunit7
Posts: 1,318
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 7:25:05 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/23/2015 7:14:52 PM, Double_R wrote:
Our Dollar bill states "In God We Trust".

Our pledge of allegiance states "One nation, under God..."

Our President ends every speech with "God bless America"... and he's a liberal.

If this is your idea of a country not run by theists then I'd hate to see what one that is looks like.

By the way, I agree with you. WAY TOO MUCH religion in our government NOW!!!!!
Double_R
Posts: 4,886
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2015 7:37:58 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/23/2015 7:28:06 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
And people like Mike Huckabee (sp) running for president???????

Not sure who's worse, him or Rick Santorum.
ethang5
Posts: 4,104
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 6:01:33 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/23/2015 7:10:24 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:

Which theology would control? I can't think of ANY religion where there aren't denominations that disagree, some violently. I would predict civil war amongst the different religions.

Whats stopping that civil war now?

I agree that theists are in control simply because most people are theists.

What would happen if atheists took over the US?

Probably the same thing that happened when atheists took over China, Russia, or Cambodia.
JJ50
Posts: 2,144
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 6:17:15 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Politics and religion are an unholy mix and lead to trouble. In my opinion there is far too much religious influence on politics in the US, although it is not quite so bad since Obama became president.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 10:23:34 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/26/2015 6:01:33 AM, ethang5 wrote:
At 1/23/2015 7:10:24 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:

Which theology would control? I can't think of ANY religion where there aren't denominations that disagree, some violently. I would predict civil war amongst the different religions.

Whats stopping that civil war now?

I agree that theists are in control simply because most people are theists.

What would happen if atheists took over the US?

Probably the same thing that happened when atheists took over China, Russia, or Cambodia.

Yes, it's quite common for believers to willfully confuse atheism with communism, they are not the same thing. Perhaps, you may want to educate yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org...
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
Harikrish
Posts: 11,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 10:34:14 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/26/2015 6:17:15 AM, JJ50 wrote:
Politics and religion are an unholy mix and lead to trouble. In my opinion there is far too much religious influence on politics in the US, although it is not quite so bad since Obama became president.

True. The last president Bush W took his instructions from God to invade Iraq for the 9/11 bombing. Then crashed the US and global economy causing untold suffering.
You can add that to all the other genocidal attempts by God.

1. God drowns the whole earth.
In Genesis 7:21-23, God drowns the entire population of the earth: men, women, children, fetuses, and perhaps unicorns. Only a single family survives. In Matthew 24:37-42, gentle Jesus approves of this genocide and plans to repeat it when he returns.
2. God kills half a million people.
In 2 Chronicles 13:15-18, God helps the men of Judah kill 500,000 of their fellow Israelites.
3. God slaughters all Egyptian firstborn.
In Exodus 12:29, God the baby-killer slaughters all Egyptian firstborn children and cattle because their king was stubborn.
4. God kills 14,000 people for complaining that God keeps killing them.
In Numbers 16:41-49, the Israelites complain that God is killing too many of them. So, God sends a plague that kills 14,000 more of them.
5. Genocide after genocide after genocide.
In Joshua 6:20-21, God helps the Israelites destroy Jericho, killing "men and women, young and old, cattle, sheep and donkeys." In Deuteronomy 2:32-35, God has the Israelites kill everyone in Heshbon, including children. In Deuteronomy 3:3-7, God has the Israelites do the same to the people of Bashan. In Numbers 31:7-18, the Israelites kill all the Midianites except for the virgins, whom they take as spoils of war. In 1 Samuel 15:1-9, God tells the Israelites to kill all the Amalekites " men, women, children, infants, and their cattle " for something the Amalekites" ancestors had done 400 years earlier.
6. God kills 50,000 people for curiosity.
In 1 Samuel 6:19, God kills 50,000 men for peeking into the ark of the covenant. (Newer cosmetic translations count only 70 deaths, but their text notes admit that the best and earliest manuscripts put the number at 50,070.)
7. 3,000 Israelites killed for inventing a god.
In Exodus 32, Moses has climbed Mount Sinai to get the Ten Commandments. The Israelites are bored, so they invent a golden calf god. Moses comes back and God commands him: "Each man strap a sword to his side. Go back and forth through the camp from one end to the other, each killing his brother and friend and neighbor." About 3,000 people died.
8. The Amorites destroyed by sword and by God"s rocks.
In Joshua 10:10-11, God helps the Israelites slaughter the Amorites by sword, then finishes them off with rocks from the sky.
9. God burns two cities to death.
In Genesis 19:24, God kills everyone in Sodom and Gomorrah with fire from the sky. Then God kills Lot"s wife for looking back at her burning home.
10. God has 42 children mauled by bears.
In 2 Kings 2:23-24, some kids tease the prophet Elisha, and God sends bears to dismember them. (Newer cosmetic translations say the bears "maul" the children, but the original Hebrew, baqa, means "to tear apart.")
11. A tribe slaughtered and their virgins raped for not showing up at roll call.
In Judges 21:1-23, a tribe of Israelites misses roll call, so the other Israelites kill them all except for the virgins, which they take for themselves. Still not happy, they hide in vineyards and pounce on dancing women from Shiloh to take them for themselves.
12. 3,000 crushed to death.
In Judges 16:27-30, God gives Samson strength to bring down a building to crush 3,000 members of a rival tribe.
13. A concubine raped and dismembered.
In Judges 19:22-29, a mob demands to rape a godly master"s guest. The master offers his daughter and a concubine to them instead. They take the concubine and gang-rape her all night. The master finds her on his doorstep in the morning, cuts her into 12 pieces, and ships the pieces around the country.
14. Child sacrifice.
In Judges 11:30-39, Jephthah burns his daughter alive as a sacrificial offering for God"s favor in killing the Ammonites.
15. God helps Samson kill 30 men because he lost a bet.
In Judges 14:11-19, Samson loses a bet for 30 sets of clothes. The spirit of God comes upon him and he kills 30 men to steal their clothes and pay off the debt.
16. God demands you kill your wife and children for worshiping other gods.
In Deuteronomy 13:6-10, God commands that you must kill your wife, children, brother, and friend if they worship other gods.
17. God incinerates 51 men to make a point.
In 2 Kings 1:9-10, Elijah gets God to burn 51 men with fire from heaven to prove he is God.
18. God kills a man for not impregnating his brother"s widow.
In Genesis 38:9-10, God kills a man for refusing to impregnate his brother"s widow.
19. God threatens forced cannibalism.
In Leviticus 26:27-29 and Jeremiah 19:9, God threatens to punish the Israelites by making them eat their own children.
20. The coming slaughter.
According to Revelation 9:7-19, God"s got more evil coming. God will make horse-like locusts with human heads and scorpion tails, who torture people for 5 months. Then some angels will kill a third of the earth"s population. If he came today, that would be 2 billion .
ethang5
Posts: 4,104
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 11:24:03 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/26/2015 10:23:34 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 1/26/2015 6:01:33 AM, ethang5 wrote:
At 1/23/2015 7:10:24 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:

Which theology would control? I can't think of ANY religion where there aren't denominations that disagree, some violently. I would predict civil war amongst the different religions.

Whats stopping that civil war now?

I agree that theists are in control simply because most people are theists.

What would happen if atheists took over the US?

Probably the same thing that happened when atheists took over China, Russia, or Cambodia.

Yes, it's quite common for believers to willfully confuse atheism with communism, they are not the same thing. Perhaps, you may want to educate yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

Communism presents no bar to atheism. Think.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 11:48:14 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/26/2015 11:24:03 AM, ethang5 wrote:
At 1/26/2015 10:23:34 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 1/26/2015 6:01:33 AM, ethang5 wrote:
At 1/23/2015 7:10:24 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:

Which theology would control? I can't think of ANY religion where there aren't denominations that disagree, some violently. I would predict civil war amongst the different religions.

Whats stopping that civil war now?

I agree that theists are in control simply because most people are theists.

What would happen if atheists took over the US?

Probably the same thing that happened when atheists took over China, Russia, or Cambodia.

Yes, it's quite common for believers to willfully confuse atheism with communism, they are not the same thing. Perhaps, you may want to educate yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

Communism presents no bar to atheism. Think.

Think about what? You're capacity to not understand what you're talking about.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
ethang5
Posts: 4,104
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 12:07:42 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/26/2015 11:48:14 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 1/26/2015 11:24:03 AM, ethang5 wrote:

Which theology would control? I can't think of ANY religion where there aren't denominations that disagree, some violently. I would predict civil war amongst the different religions.

Whats stopping that civil war now?

I agree that theists are in control simply because most people are theists.

What would happen if atheists took over the US?

Probably the same thing that happened when atheists took over China, Russia, or Cambodia.

Yes, it's quite common for believers to willfully confuse atheism with communism, they are not the same thing. Perhaps, you may want to educate yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

Communism presents no bar to atheism. Think.

Think about what? You're capacity to not understand what you're talking about.

Now, now DJR, there is no need for stupidity. A communist can be an atheist. And it was atheists who took over in China, Russia, and Cambodia. The fact that they were communists also makes no difference.

Emotional arguments make for pretty poor logical arguments.
dhardage
Posts: 4,545
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 12:43:13 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/23/2015 7:14:52 PM, Double_R wrote:
Our Dollar bill states "In God We Trust".

Our pledge of allegiance states "One nation, under God..."

Our President ends every speech with "God bless America"... and he's a liberal.

If this is your idea of a country not run by theists then I'd hate to see what one that is looks like.

Priests in charge of everything, the church owning everything, everyone required to worship all the time, anything new and scientific shunned because it's the work of Satan. Rampant disease, hunger, and death.

Oh, yeah, it already happened. It was called the dark ages.
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 1:38:40 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/26/2015 12:07:42 PM, ethang5 wrote:
At 1/26/2015 11:48:14 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 1/26/2015 11:24:03 AM, ethang5 wrote:

Which theology would control? I can't think of ANY religion where there aren't denominations that disagree, some violently. I would predict civil war amongst the different religions.

Whats stopping that civil war now?

I agree that theists are in control simply because most people are theists.

What would happen if atheists took over the US?

Probably the same thing that happened when atheists took over China, Russia, or Cambodia.

Yes, it's quite common for believers to willfully confuse atheism with communism, they are not the same thing. Perhaps, you may want to educate yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

Communism presents no bar to atheism. Think.

Think about what? You're capacity to not understand what you're talking about.

Now, now DJR, there is no need for stupidity.

Then, please stop offering it.

A communist can be an atheist.

Really? Can a communist be a bowler, vegetarian or a chef? Yes, they can also be Christians and Muslims. Being communist does not equate to being atheist, even though the suppression of religions was part of how communism was to be successful. That's why religion was seen as an "opiate of the masses", this was one of the key ways in which the leaders of the communist party would supplant the god of any given religion. This is what despots and dictators such as Stalin and Pol Pot tried to accomplish, to be the living gods on earth.

Of course, the suppression of religion, which happens to be a big deal for the believer, was merely a small cog in the gigantic wheel of communist rule, but believers will fallaciously place atheism at the forefront of communism.

And it was atheists who took over in China, Russia, and Cambodia. The fact that they were communists also makes no difference.

Yes, I can see you don't understand communism and are compelled to make things up.

Emotional arguments make for pretty poor logical arguments.

You mean, me offering you a link to a website was an emotional argument? LOL.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
ethang5
Posts: 4,104
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2015 11:58:50 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/26/2015 1:38:40 PM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 1/26/2015 12:07:42 PM, ethang5 wrote:

Which theology would control? I can't think of ANY religion where there aren't denominations that disagree, some violently. I would predict civil war amongst the different religions.

Whats stopping that civil war now?

>>>No answer from DJR<<<

I agree that theists are in control simply because most people are theists.

What would happen if atheists took over the US?

Probably the same thing that happened when atheists took over China, Russia, or Cambodia.

Yes, it's quite common for believers to willfully confuse atheism with communism, they are not the same thing. Perhaps, you may want to educate yourself.

No one said they were the same thing. Think man.

Think about what? You're capacity to not understand what you're talking about.

Now, now DJR, there is no need for stupidity.

Then, please stop offering it.

Ok, if you think stupidity will assist you, be my guest.

A communist can be an atheist.

Really?

Yes really. You suddenly brought up communism from out of the blue so it must be that you're a little confused. I'm here to help you.

Can a communist be a bowler, vegetarian or a chef? Yes, they can also be Christians and Muslims. Being communist does not equate to being atheist,

Watch that knee as you jerk it! No one but you is talking about communists. No one equated communists with atheists. There is no need for you to define what was never mentioned. Stay focused now. What would happen if atheists took over the US? Probably the same thing that happened when atheists took over China, Russia, or Cambodia.

Now. Do you deny that atheists took over China, Russia, or Cambodia? And, Can an atheist be a communist? Easy questions for you to dodge.

...even though the suppression of religions was part of how communism was to be successful. That's why religion was seen as an "opiate of the masses", this was one of the key ways in which the leaders of the communist party would supplant the god of any given religion.

So they were atheists? lol.

This is what despots and dictators such as Stalin and Pol Pot tried to accomplish, to be the living gods on earth.

Ah, they were theists because they believed they themselves were Gods. Is that your position? Interesting.

Of course, the suppression of religion, which happens to be a big deal for the believer, was merely a small cog in the gigantic wheel of communist rule, but believers will fallaciously place atheism at the forefront of communism.

I did not mention communism, or place anything in the "forefront" of it. The simple fact is that those leaders were atheists. They described themselves as atheists, tried to eliminate theism from their societies, and generally acted just as militantly and offensively as atheists do here on the board. They were atheists.

And it was atheists who took over in China, Russia, and Cambodia. The fact that they were communists also makes no difference.

Yes, I can see you don't understand communism and are compelled to make things up.

What was made up? They were atheists. Do you deny that?

Emotional arguments make for pretty poor logical arguments.

You mean, me offering you a link to a website was an emotional argument? LOL.

No, you irrationally hating God is an emotional argument. It dulls your reason. This exchange is a perfect example. I make a factually true statement, that the leaders of Red China, Soviet Russia, and Pol Pot Cambodia were atheists.

You knee-jerk into an expose on communism. Running from ghosts. Claiming I compared communism to atheism. I did not mention communism. You did.

All the while deathly afraid of actually making a stance. Were those leaders atheists or not? You don't want to say. Why? If you have such a great argument?

Keep using stupidity, I don't mind except it makes you easy to beat. Some good competition now and then would be a pleasant change. But I know atheism requires you to be stupid. I don't see why atheists have to be stupid, but who am I to judge how you guys run your religion?

You are going to be fun DJR. I did not need to fret over the lack of lulz with bully leaving. You and FJ will do nicely. Militancy and ignorance, what a wonderful couple!
DanneJeRusse
Posts: 12,623
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 10:12:30 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/26/2015 12:07:42 PM, ethang5 wrote:
At 1/26/2015 11:48:14 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 1/26/2015 11:24:03 AM, ethang5 wrote:

Which theology would control? I can't think of ANY religion where there aren't denominations that disagree, some violently. I would predict civil war amongst the different religions.

Whats stopping that civil war now?

I agree that theists are in control simply because most people are theists.

What would happen if atheists took over the US?

Probably the same thing that happened when atheists took over China, Russia, or Cambodia.

Yes, it's quite common for believers to willfully confuse atheism with communism, they are not the same thing. Perhaps, you may want to educate yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

Communism presents no bar to atheism. Think.

Think about what? You're capacity to not understand what you're talking about.

Now, now DJR, there is no need for stupidity. A communist can be an atheist. And it was atheists who took over in China, Russia, and Cambodia. The fact that they were communists also makes no difference.

If no need for stupidity, why do you offer it? Clearly, you are incapable of making the distinction between communism and atheism and what is involved. Try to educate yourself.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
GamrDeb8rBbrH8r
Posts: 341
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 10:25:10 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/23/2015 7:10:24 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
Which theology would control? I can't think of ANY religion where there aren't denominations that disagree, some violently. I would predict civil war amongst the different religions.

I think it would be a mix and then all the religions in the government would turn into political parties and start fighting for total control. I think either Judaism would win because of its best reputation among outsiders or islam because its threats are so scary.
"There's no diversity because we're burning in the melting pot."

-Immortal Technique

Rap battle VS Truth_Seeker: http://www.debate.org...
GamrDeb8rBbrH8r
Posts: 341
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 10:26:47 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/26/2015 6:17:15 AM, JJ50 wrote:
Politics and religion are an unholy mix and lead to trouble. In my opinion there is far too much religious influence on politics in the US, although it is not quite so bad since Obama became president.

Your statement smells good.
"There's no diversity because we're burning in the melting pot."

-Immortal Technique

Rap battle VS Truth_Seeker: http://www.debate.org...
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 2:34:51 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/23/2015 7:10:24 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
Which theology would control? I can't think of ANY religion where there aren't denominations that disagree, some violently. I would predict civil war amongst the different religions.

They still couldn't win because Christians are ordered to be no prt of this world, so human government would still be destroyed along with any who are part of them or even vote for tehm.
komododragon8
Posts: 405
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 2:55:07 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/26/2015 12:07:42 PM, ethang5 wrote:
At 1/26/2015 11:48:14 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 1/26/2015 11:24:03 AM, ethang5 wrote:

Which theology would control? I can't think of ANY religion where there aren't denominations that disagree, some violently. I would predict civil war amongst the different religions.

Whats stopping that civil war now?

I agree that theists are in control simply because most people are theists.

What would happen if atheists took over the US?

Probably the same thing that happened when atheists took over China, Russia, or Cambodia.

Yes, it's quite common for believers to willfully confuse atheism with communism, they are not the same thing. Perhaps, you may want to educate yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

Communism presents no bar to atheism. Think.

Think about what? You're capacity to not understand what you're talking about.

Now, now DJR, there is no need for stupidity. A communist can be an atheist. And it was atheists who took over in China, Russia, and Cambodia. The fact that they were communists also makes no difference.

Emotional arguments make for pretty poor logical arguments.

Stalin, Mao, and Pol Pot did not commit those crimes because they were atheists. They did it to secure their power or to gain economic benefits. Besides there are many theist dictators too one example being Leopold the 2nd, estimated death toll: 2-15 million.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/30/2015 3:23:52 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/23/2015 7:10:24 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:
Which theology would control? I can't think of ANY religion where there aren't denominations that disagree, some violently. I would predict civil war amongst the different religions.

One thing you can be sure of is that they couldn't be Christians because Christ banned Christians from being a part of this world.

Anyone who is part of, or even votes for, a government, any gvernment, is defying Christ and therefore Apostate.
ethang5
Posts: 4,104
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 6:29:01 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/30/2015 10:12:30 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:
At 1/26/2015 12:07:42 PM, ethang5 wrote:

Which theology would control? I can't think of ANY religion where there aren't denominations that disagree, some violently. I would predict civil war amongst the different religions.

Whats stopping that civil war now?

I agree that theists are in control simply because most people are theists.

What would happen if atheists took over the US?

Probably the same thing that happened when atheists took over China, Russia, or Cambodia.

Yes, it's quite common for believers to willfully confuse atheism with communism, they are not the same thing. Perhaps, you may want to educate yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

Communism presents no bar to atheism. Think.

Think about what? You're capacity to not understand what you're talking about.

Now, now DJR, there is no need for stupidity. A communist can be an atheist. And it was atheists who took over in China, Russia, and Cambodia. The fact that they were communists also makes no difference.

If no need for stupidity, why do you offer it?

You're being beaten by stupidity? You must have a very low opinion of yourself. But being a liar does that to an ego.

Clearly, you are incapable of making the distinction between communism and atheism and what is involved.

I never mentioned communism. YOU did. And of course, you dodged the questions. So again, the logical, reasonable, free thinking atheist is the one dodging questions like a cookie thief avoiding his mothers eyes.

Your argument is strong, but you have to lie.
Your position is rational, but you dodge questions about it.
Your belief is logical, but you fear them being examined.

Try to educate yourself.

So that I'll become a liar like you? So that I'd too dodge questions and then claim my unexamined position is logical? No thank you.

Ethan - Were the leaders of China, Russia, and Cambodia atheist?
DJR - They were communists.
Ethan - No one said they were NOT communists. I asked if they were atheists.
DJR - Go learn what communism is.
Ethan - We aren't talking about communism. Were those leaders atheists?
DJR - You obviously don't know the difference between communism and atheism
Ethan - Couldn't those leaders be both communists and atheists?
DJR - Go educate yourself.

I think you see the drift Gentle Reader.

This may be too good to be true. I'm even afraid to jinx it by mentioning it, but we may have on our humble board, a poster who does not care if he is in public without his logic pants on. I don't want to start celebrating too soon, but things are beginning to look stark (excuse the pun)

When bully gets back and teams up with DJR, I may just OD on lulz.

Are there any troll addict rehabs?
ethang5
Posts: 4,104
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 6:38:23 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 1/30/2015 2:55:07 PM, komododragon8 wrote:
At 1/26/2015 12:07:42 PM, ethang5 wrote:
At 1/26/2015 11:48:14 AM, DanneJeRusse wrote:

Which theology would control? I can't think of ANY religion where there aren't denominations that disagree, some violently. I would predict civil war amongst the different religions.

Whats stopping that civil war now?

I agree that theists are in control simply because most people are theists.

What would happen if atheists took over the US?

Probably the same thing that happened when atheists took over China, Russia, or Cambodia.

Yes, it's quite common for believers to willfully confuse atheism with communism, they are not the same thing. Perhaps, you may want to educate yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

Communism presents no bar to atheism. Think.

Think about what? You're capacity to not understand what you're talking about.

Now, now DJR, there is no need for stupidity. A communist can be an atheist. And it was atheists who took over in China, Russia, and Cambodia. The fact that they were communists also makes no difference.

Emotional arguments make for pretty poor logical arguments.

Stalin, Mao, and Pol Pot did not commit those crimes because they were atheists.

Do you commonly address claims no one has made?

They did it to secure their power or to gain economic benefits. Besides there are many theist dictators too one example being Leopold the 2nd, estimated death toll: 2-15 million.

Methinks thou doth protest too much. And though you came on to address the topic, you dodged the question and addressed a charge no one has made.

The simple question is, were Stalin, Mao, and Pol Pot atheists?

Here, I'll answer what all of you have been dodging. Yes. They were all atheists.

Know why I can answer while you and DJR could not? My position is not only rational, it is also true. So I don't have to dodge or lie. I don't have to make up excuses for charges no one has made. I don't have to abandon logic.

For the life of me, I don't know why people whose thought processes are slaves to dodging and lying would refer to themselves as "free thinkers". Unless what they're free from is logic?

Is that it?