Jump to topic:

God exists, I can prove it.

drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 12:10:29 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
I went through the early years of my life with wide eyes listening to Roman Catholic doctrine. Then I became an agnostics. Thinking these Christian fools really like their fairy tales. I studied all the religions and was amazed by the stories people believed. Then in my late 30"s I realized God does exist and you can have a direct religion is the biggest sin of all. What"s wrong with knowing you can have a direct connection with God?

god exists and I can prove it with simple logic assuming you see god the way I do.
dtaylor971
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 12:12:02 AM
Oh boy...

Mind sharing this "logic" with us?
"I don't know why gays want to marry, I have spent the last 25 years wishing I wasn't allowed to." -Sadolite
drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 12:14:55 AM
At 1/24/2015 12:10:29 AM, drpiek wrote:
I went through the early years of my life with wide eyes listening to Roman Catholic doctrine. Then I became an agnostics. Thinking these Christian fools really like their fairy tales. I studied all the religions and was amazed by the stories people believed. Then in my late 30"s I realized God does exist and you can have a direct religion is the biggest sin of all. What"s wrong with knowing you can have a direct connection with God?

god exists and I can prove it with simple logic assuming you see god the way I do.

Last part was a mistype should read
Then in my late 30"s I realized God does exist and you can have a direct connection and religion is the biggest sin of all. What"s wrong with knowing you can have a direct connection with God?
drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 12:21:12 AM
At 1/24/2015 12:13:25 AM, Smithereens wrote:
I smell a repeat of a recent incident... this is probably an existing member on DDO.

Not a member of DDO, what is that? Happy to share my logic after more replies.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 12:29:38 AM
At 1/24/2015 12:21:12 AM, drpiek wrote:
I smell a repeat of a recent incident... this is probably an existing member on DDO.

DDO = Debate dot org

I am interested in logical arguments for god. Get to it.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 12:43:24 AM
At 1/24/2015 12:29:38 AM, Skepticalone wrote:

DDO = Debate dot org

Here is the Logic.

I am a Panenthiest. Not because I heard the term and thought it was cool but because I lived my life and found the word to describe it. A Panenthiest defines god in a simple way, "the sum of all things". So feel free to argue it does not exist and you are arguing against your own existence. Is god conscience, well are you. If you are then god is by definition.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 12:48:49 AM
At 1/24/2015 12:43:24 AM, drpiek wrote:

DDO = Debate dot org

Here is the Logic.

I am a Panenthiest. Not because I heard the term and thought it was cool but because I lived my life and found the word to describe it. A Panenthiest defines god in a simple way, "the sum of all things". So feel free to argue it does not exist and you are arguing against your own existence. Is god conscience, well are you. If you are then god is by definition.

I really have no interest in arguing (I want to see a good argument for god), but I'm not seeing how the sum of all things equals god. You would have to assume god first, and then he/she/it would basically equate to energy. If god = energy, then why call it god?
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

Paleophyte
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 12:51:20 AM
Here is the Logic.

Congratulations on giving us another word for the universe. We didn't already have enough.
Classified
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 12:55:37 AM
At 1/24/2015 12:48:49 AM, Skepticalone wrote:

DDO = Debate dot org

Here is the Logic.

I really have no interest in arguing (I want to see a good argument for god), but I'm not seeing how the sum of all things equals god. You would have to assume god first, and then he/she/it would basically equate to energy. If god = energy, then why call it god?

Nah, God's not energy!
He is something awesome and indescribable.
drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 1:01:17 AM
At 1/24/2015 12:51:20 AM, Paleophyte wrote:
Here is the Logic.

Congratulations on giving us another word for the universe. We didn't already have enough.

Anytime, what more do you need?
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 1:06:25 AM

Demonstrate this logical substantiation you mention, please.
Start with "how" god exists; tangibly, conceptually, spiritually etc..?
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 1:09:17 AM
At 1/24/2015 12:55:37 AM, Classified wrote:

DDO = Debate dot org

Here is the Logic.

Nah, God's not energy!

We agree on this.

...and if god is not definable, then it is nonsensical to ask if such a thing (god) exists.

drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 1:10:42 AM
At 1/24/2015 1:06:25 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:

The same way you exist, sit still for a while, contemplate you own existence. You will understand.
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 1:11:58 AM
At 1/24/2015 1:10:42 AM, drpiek wrote:

The same way you exist, sit still for a while, contemplate you own existence. You will understand.

Not only am I able to contemplate my existence, I can demonstrate it to you. Now, are you able to reciprocate that same demonstration and show me god?
drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 1:16:15 AM
At 1/24/2015 1:11:58 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:

Not only am I able to contemplate my existence, I can demonstrate it to you. Now, are you able to reciprocate that same demonstration and show me god?

Yes, simply look at every thing that is not you, then combine it with you. The sum is your perspective of God.
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 1:19:29 AM
At 1/24/2015 1:16:15 AM, drpiek wrote:

Yes, simply look at every thing that is not you, then combine it with you. The sum is your perspective of God.

What will that accomplish? I have no evidence for god, therefore my perspective relies on speculation, not empirical or palpable data, regarding what God could be, how god could exist, and even why god could or could not exist.
Classified
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 1:20:18 AM
At 1/24/2015 1:09:17 AM, Skepticalone wrote:

DDO = Debate dot org

Here is the Logic.

Nah, God's not energy!

We agree on this.

...and if god is not definable, then it is nonsensical to ask if such a thing (god) exists.

Definition of God:
The Creator.
The Master.
The Lord.
ETC.

He is definable, only indescribable.
I told you what God is.
But I can't describe his looks for you.
drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 1:24:16 AM
At 1/24/2015 1:19:29 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:

What will that accomplish? I have no evidence for god, therefore my perspective relies on speculation, not empirical or palpable data, regarding what God could be, how god could exist, and even why god could or could not exist.

you assume you have no part in this. Sorry, try again.
drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 1:26:36 AM
At 1/24/2015 1:20:18 AM, Classified wrote:

DDO = Debate dot org

Here is the Logic.

Nah, God's not energy!

We agree on this.

Definition of God:
The Creator.
The Master.
The Lord.
ETC.

I told you what God is.

Bad definition. Master, Lord, more like "God is" or "I am "
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 1:28:11 AM
At 1/24/2015 1:24:16 AM, drpiek wrote:

you assume you have no part in this. Sorry, try again.

I also need to retract what I said previously, "I have no evidence for god," to, "I have reviewed no evidence and have been presented no evidence by any one positing god's existence."

I have not assumed anything, while on the contrary, it is you who are assuming gods existence and moreover, are the one advancing that you are able to prove gods existence via logic. Are you able to do so, or are you highlighting yet again, another dishonest claim regarding gods existence?
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 1:28:42 AM

DDO = Debate dot org

Here is the Logic.

Nah, God's not energy!

We agree on this.

Definition of God:
The Creator.
The Master.
The Lord.
ETC.

I told you what God is.

A definition would describe his characteristics/traits/properties, not titles you have randomly ascribed to the term "god" without justification.

drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 1:29:55 AM

Only because it has been moments. Put some effort into it.
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 1:32:36 AM
At 1/24/2015 1:29:55 AM, drpiek wrote:

Increasing the quality of my effort will accomplish what, exactly? I have challenged your claim that your logic can corroborate gods existence, yet you have continued to conceal the logic you mentioned. So please, are you able to demonstrate god?
drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 1:41:16 AM
At 1/24/2015 1:32:36 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:

Increasing the quality of my effort will accomplish what, exactly? I have challenged your claim that your logic can corroborate gods existence, yet you have continued to conceal the logic you mentioned. So please, are you able to demonstrate god?

Read about Panentheism, a little effort is required on your part since you do not understand. I have demonstrated that my definition of god cannot be debated, "the sum of all things". The only thing in debate is if you can connect to it.
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 1:45:57 AM
At 1/24/2015 1:41:16 AM, drpiek wrote:

Read about Panentheism, a little effort is required on your part since you do not understand. I have demonstrated that my definition of god cannot be debated, "the sum of all things". The only thing in debate is if you can connect to it.

I understand. God amounts to a greater value, or even transcends the universe, correct? So you are unable to logically demonstrate god, because how would you be able to investigate that premise, let alone demonstrate it.
Classified
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 1:47:55 AM
At 1/24/2015 1:28:42 AM, Skepticalone wrote:

DDO = Debate dot org

Here is the Logic.

Nah, God's not energy!

We agree on this.

Definition of God:
The Creator.
The Master.
The Lord.
ETC.

I told you what God is.

A definition would describe his characteristics/traits/properties, not titles you have randomly ascribed to the term "god" without justification.

Defining a word basically means to give a meaning to it or give it an alternative word(s) to define it.

Describing something is analyzing it and also looking at the characteristics, traits, properties, etc.
intellectuallyprimitive
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 1:51:04 AM
At 1/24/2015 1:47:55 AM, Classified wrote:

DDO = Debate dot org

Here is the Logic.

Nah, God's not energy!

We agree on this.

Definition of God:
The Creator.
The Master.
The Lord.
ETC.

I told you what God is.

Defining a word basically means to give a meaning to it or give it an alternative word(s) to define it.

Describing something is analyzing it and also looking at the characteristics, traits, properties, etc.

The meaning of a word is derived from it's usage, not necessarily via a dictionary definition.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 1:58:46 AM
At 1/24/2015 1:41:16 AM, drpiek wrote:

Your definition can be debated. You have essentially equated god to energy, and that is very vague. Can we reverse it and call energy god? (After running the marathon, I was completely out of god) Does this god play any role in the universe, other than being everything?

Classified
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 2:01:09 AM
At 1/24/2015 1:51:04 AM, intellectuallyprimitive wrote:
At 1/24/2015 1:47:55 AM, Classified wrote:

DDO = Debate dot org

Here is the Logic.

Nah, God's not energy!

We agree on this.

Definition of God:
The Creator.
The Master.
The Lord.
ETC.

I told you what God is.

The meaning of a word is derived from it's usage, not necessarily via a dictionary definition.

So it doesn't mean describing it...
Describing and defining are different words.