Jump to topic:

The power of a hair dryer

Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 1:18:24 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
- "George Bush says he speaks to God every day, and Christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to God through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd." -- Sam Harris
"If we believe absurdities we shall commit atrocities." -- Voltaire
gingerbread-man
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 1:24:40 AM
At 1/24/2015 1:18:24 AM, Beastt wrote:
- "George Bush says he speaks to God every day, and Christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to God through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd." -- Sam Harris

Because it is difficult to hear anyone over the sound of a hairdryer.
Not my gumdrop buttons!

Debates currently in voting period:

http://www.debate.org...
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 6:22:29 AM

He speaks to his father every day. Being of somewhat limited IQ, he confuses it with speaking to the Father every day.
jodybirdy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 8:30:51 AM

Well, of course not. That would be absurd. We all know only space monkeys communicate through hair dryers.
A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral."
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 11:26:38 AM
I saw one of those space monkeys at the Smithsonian in D.C. back in my youth.
It was a tiny monkey that had been freeze dried and placed in it's capsule for display.
It was wired up and had some sort of cap on. Didn't look happy from what I remember. A bit sad.

I spent many a hour looking through the museums of D.C. when a much younger man.

I could tell you things about D.C. that would give you nightmares....

hair dryers are optional
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 1:54:03 PM

God doesn't need a hairdryer to communicate with someone. But the race of reptilian aliens from another dimension they do. So listening to them is just forwarding the new world order agenda.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 5:11:12 PM
At 1/24/2015 1:24:40 AM, gingerbread-man wrote:

It makes no difference since only hot air come out of it anyway.

He might have been pretending it was a loudspeaker ?
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 5:16:14 PM
At 1/24/2015 1:54:03 PM, Mhykiel wrote:

God doesn't need a hairdryer to communicate with someone. But the race of reptilian aliens from another dimension they do. So listening to them is just forwarding the new world order agenda.

Mother Nature communicates through Nature with natural hot air. She doesn't need artificial hair dryers to dry and style peoples artificial hair.
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 6:24:04 PM

As there has NEVER been even a single confirmed communication from God, all claims and statements as to what is, or isn't required, are specious at best, and idiotic at worst. Such claims are no different in credibility than proclamations about what foods are favored by gremlins.
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 6:30:17 PM
At 1/24/2015 5:11:12 PM, Skyangel wrote:
At 1/24/2015 1:24:40 AM, gingerbread-man wrote:

It makes no difference since only hot air come out of it anyway.
One could say the very same thing about the hair dryer. ;-)
Martley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 6:38:21 PM

Beating someone up with a hammer is terrible.... beating someone up with a hammer while wearing a chicken suit is funny.
A Black Belt is a white belt who never quit.

The best time to do something was 20 years ago.... the second best to do something is now.
Mhykiel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 6:50:05 PM
At 1/24/2015 6:24:04 PM, Beastt wrote:

As there has NEVER been even a single confirmed communication from God, all claims and statements as to what is, or isn't required, are specious at best, and idiotic at worst. Such claims are no different in credibility than proclamations about what foods are favored by gremlins.

Goat milk, the creamier the better. They may even do tasks for you if it's good cream.
Vocem-Mendacii
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 9:11:58 PM

Assuming that you are talking about the Christian God, the addition of a hair dryer does make it absurd: Christianity does not accept that anything other than, well, prayer to be prayer. Claiming that one follows the rules of a religion--but comically demonstrating otherwise--is absurd.
wsmunit7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 9:20:22 PM
At 1/24/2015 9:11:58 PM, Vocem-Mendacii wrote:

Assuming that you are talking about the Christian God, the addition of a hair dryer does make it absurd: Christianity does not accept that anything other than, well, prayer to be prayer. Claiming that one follows the rules of a religion--but comically demonstrating otherwise--is absurd.

No, it's satirical. :-)
Beastt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 9:52:50 PM
At 1/24/2015 9:11:58 PM, Vocem-Mendacii wrote:

I believe you've missed the point. With, or without, the hair dryer, it's still completely absurd.