Belief in God is unwarranted

carriead20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 5:37:34 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Belief is the acceptance of the premise "God exists."

Belief is acceptance of that premise for whatever reason.

Don't confuse belief with non-belief. I'm only asserting that the acceptance of the premise "God exists" is unwarranted. To accept that premise means that it is necessarily true. It follows that the person accepting the premise believes that it is true.

Whenever somebody makes a claim for the existence or non-existence of something that claim automatically carries a burden of proof. I humbly ask anyone who accepts the premise "God exists" to provide a case for the existence of God.

The typical response is "well, you don't believe in other logically possible fairytale creatures so why exclude belief in God?"

(1) God is premised as being *transcendent* of the physical universe like many fairytale creatures.
(2) there are conditions that do not *necessitate* God's existence (transcendental & ontological argument for God's existence)
(3) there are arguments that do not lend post-hoc support for God's existence by empirical verification (fine-tuning of the universe, objective moral values & duties, specified-complex information in original life forms).

So, what good reasons are there to believe in God...? There aren't any!
To all the people fighting a hard battle out there - life's giving you a pretty hard beating. There's no sugarcoating that, but there's no shadow that's free of light. When life sneers at you and asks, "Ready to go again?" - Raise your hand. Reach out to victory. Don't give in.

---Help Bsh and YYW see each other---
http://www.gofundme.com...
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 5:41:53 PM
It all depends on whether you define God as an invisible supernatural character with super powers or define God as the power/ energy of the universe itself.

The invisible character is as mythical as any other mythical god. The power of the universe however is very real and observable.
dee-em
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 10:52:05 PM
At 1/24/2015 5:37:34 PM, carriead20 wrote:

Don't confuse belief with non-belief. I'm only asserting that the acceptance of the premise "God exists" is unwarranted. To accept that premise means that it is necessarily true. It follows that the person accepting the premise believes that it is true.

Whenever somebody makes a claim for the existence or non-existence of something that claim automatically carries a burden of proof. I humbly ask anyone who accepts the premise "God exists" to provide a case for the existence of God.

The typical response is "well, you don't believe in other logically possible fairytale creatures so why exclude belief in God?"

(1) God is premised as being *transcendent* of the physical universe like many fairytale creatures.
(2) there are conditions that do not *necessitate* God's existence (transcendental & ontological argument for God's existence)
(3) there are arguments that do not lend post-hoc support for God's existence by empirical verification (fine-tuning of the universe, objective moral values & duties, specified-complex information in original life forms).

You are the anti-Benshapiro!
carriead20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 10:53:22 PM
At 1/24/2015 10:52:05 PM, dee-em wrote:
At 1/24/2015 5:37:34 PM, carriead20 wrote:

You are the anti-Benshapiro!

No, I was just really really really bored and felt like trolling.
To all the people fighting a hard battle out there - life's giving you a pretty hard beating. There's no sugarcoating that, but there's no shadow that's free of light. When life sneers at you and asks, "Ready to go again?" - Raise your hand. Reach out to victory. Don't give in.

---Help Bsh and YYW see each other---
http://www.gofundme.com...