Jump to topic:

What Is Worship?

ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 6:31:10 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
This is an interesting topic because I sense that there are several ways to do this. I believe musical worship is the best way to express a sense of communication and spirituality with the Lord, mainly because anytime I play music, I get this sense of feeling inside that I can't explain. So I think music can be the greatest tool for worship in alternatives. So I decided to research.

Worship has usually been defined as paying homage or honoring a certain religious thing or icon through a ritual or rite. Music of course can have rituals and rites when a deity is attached to it.

I then heard of Freakstock in Germany, which was a German festival for Jesus Freaks where Anarchists, Punks, Hippies, Stoners, Ravers and Riot Grrrls go to worship in their style. I will leave a link that shows what happens there, but it won't be in English.

So I learned not only was punk, hip hop and (un)black metal the alternatives, but Christian Rave was also one. Then I thought about it and figured if it was spiritual, it's possible.

What are your thoughts? Is this trying to fit in and conform or is this some form of creativity and originality with one's faith?
IRONHIDE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 8:30:38 PM
At 1/24/2015 6:31:10 PM, ChristianPunk wrote:
This is an interesting topic because I sense that there are several ways to do this. I believe musical worship is the best way to express a sense of communication and spirituality with the Lord, mainly because anytime I play music, I get this sense of feeling inside that I can't explain. So I think music can be the greatest tool for worship in alternatives. So I decided to research.

Worship has usually been defined as paying homage or honoring a certain religious thing or icon through a ritual or rite. Music of course can have rituals and rites when a deity is attached to it.

I then heard of Freakstock in Germany, which was a German festival for Jesus Freaks where Anarchists, Punks, Hippies, Stoners, Ravers and Riot Grrrls go to worship in their style. I will leave a link that shows what happens there, but it won't be in English.

So I learned not only was punk, hip hop and (un)black metal the alternatives, but Christian Rave was also one. Then I thought about it and figured if it was spiritual, it's possible.

What are your thoughts? Is this trying to fit in and conform or is this some form of creativity and originality with one's faith?

Worship is rendering ones self to a sacred service for the good pleasure and desires of another (God and his son, Christ Jesus for true Christians) out of love, without expectation of a benefit/reward in return.
drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 8:51:45 PM
At 1/24/2015 8:30:38 PM, IRONHIDE wrote:

Worship is rendering ones self to a sacred service for the good pleasure and desires of another (God and his son, Christ Jesus for true Christians) out of love, without expectation of a benefit/reward in return.

That sounds sexual to me. Maybe I will ask my wife to render herself in sacred service to me for my good pleasure and desire and tell her she should expect nothing in return.
IRONHIDE
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 9:52:52 PM
At 1/24/2015 8:51:45 PM, drpiek wrote:

That sounds sexual to me. Maybe I will ask my wife to render herself in sacred service to me for my good pleasure and desire and tell her she should expect nothing in return.

well...the reason it would sound that way to you and you would make such an outlandish stupid commit like that, is because you have pudding for brains and as it oozes out your ears, you take a swipe of it with your fingers and lick it.
ChristianPunk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 11:23:03 PM
At 1/24/2015 9:52:52 PM, IRONHIDE wrote:

well...the reason it would sound that way to you and you would make such an outlandish stupid commit like that, is because you have pudding for brains and as it oozes out your ears, you take a swipe of it with your fingers and lick it.

I'm confused as to what your position is on the topic.
uncung
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 11:33:19 PM

if not expecting a benefit or reward then why would we worship the God?
drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/24/2015 11:53:05 PM
At 1/24/2015 9:52:52 PM, IRONHIDE wrote:

That is a weak response, attack the person instead of addressing his suggestion. Ad Hominid.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2015 12:23:59 AM
https://www.youtube.com...
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12