Jump to topic:

are contradiction of bible true?

ark200
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2015 9:14:54 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
atheists often sight contradictory statements from bible in order to disprove evidence of god. but bible have more than 100 versions. see link:

http://en.wikipedia.org...

now the question is : do these contradictions belong to same version or different versions?

i have king James's version and i don't find any contradiction in it. if contradictions belong to 2 different versions, then it is NOT CONTRADICTION at all.
Skepticalone
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2015 11:01:36 AM
At 1/25/2015 9:14:54 AM, ark200 wrote:
atheists often sight contradictory statements from bible in order to disprove evidence of god. but bible have more than 100 versions. see link:

now the question is : do these contradictions belong to same version or different versions?

i have king James's version and i don't find any contradiction in it. if contradictions belong to 2 different versions, then it is NOT CONTRADICTION at all.

The contradictions in the Bible are not due to different translations being compared. They are contradictions encompassed with individual translations. In other words, the KJV contradicts itself many many times, just like many other translations of the Bible.
This thread is like eavesdropping on a conversation in a mental asylum. - Bulproof

You can call your invisible friends whatever you like. - Desmac

What the hell kind of coked up sideshow has this thread turned into. - Casten
Harikrish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2015 1:11:48 PM

You got it wrong. There are contradictions even between versions of the KJV and different versions of the bible introduce newer contradictions or they cannot claim to be a revision if they contain the same information.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 11:29:16 AM

i have king James's version and i don't find any contradiction in it.

You haven't been sufficiently been indoctrinated into bias. It also helps if you give up your common sense.

if contradictions belong to 2 different versions, then it is NOT CONTRADICTION at all.

If one book says Bible, and the other says, bible, for an atheist, that would be a contradiction.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 2:26:30 AM

KJV Matthew 21" On the day of his triumph entry into Jerusalem, it is said that Jesus went into the temple that day and drove out all the dishonest money changers.

Mark 11: On the day of his triumph entry into Jerusalem, it is said that Jesus went into the temple that day and as it was late, he returned to Bethany, and it was the next day that he went into the temple and drove out the dishonest money changers.

But don't worry to much about these minor contradictions as those Gospels were written by men who received their information from others who were doing their best to record the events of the life of Jesus as best as they could.

If each gospel was exactly the same as the others, we would be a little suspicious as to the authenticity of those gospels.
The tongue, the sharp two edged sword that divides the spirit from the soul.
JJ50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 3:02:06 AM
At 2/3/2015 2:26:30 AM, Gentorev wrote:

KJV Matthew 21" On the day of his triumph entry into Jerusalem, it is said that Jesus went into the temple that day and drove out all the dishonest money changers.

Mark 11: On the day of his triumph entry into Jerusalem, it is said that Jesus went into the temple that day and as it was late, he returned to Bethany, and it was the next day that he went into the temple and drove out the dishonest money changers.

But don't worry to much about these minor contradictions as those Gospels were written by men who received their information from others who were doing their best to record the events of the life of Jesus as best as they could.

If each gospel was exactly the same as the others, we would be a little suspicious as to the authenticity of those gospels.

The gospels were written many years after Jesus died, and relied on hearsay and gullibility, which is hardly reliable. I reckon Jesus would be more than surprised at the crazy things which have been attributed to him!
18Karl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 3:19:37 AM

Have read Genesis of both the KJV, NIV and GI. They all still lead me to one conclusion: God is this malevolent man in the sky who doesn't want us to eat, and the Devil won the day, with this all-powerful God failing to protect the world.
praise the lord Chin Chin
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 3:35:44 AM
At 2/3/2015 3:19:37 AM, 18Karl wrote:

Have read Genesis of both the KJV, NIV and GI. They all still lead me to one conclusion: God is this malevolent man in the sky who doesn't want us to eat, and the Devil won the day, with this all-powerful God failing to protect the world.

And you are entitled to your erroneous beliefs young fellow, but when you grow up and from a 15 year old ignorant child, hopefully mature into an intelligent adult, you may think differently.
18Karl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 3:44:21 AM
At 2/3/2015 3:35:44 AM, Gentorev wrote:

And you are entitled to your erroneous beliefs young fellow, but when you grow up and from a 15 year old ignorant child, hopefully mature into an intelligent adult, you may think differently.

Meh, taking ad homs from a person who does not grow up from neo-Nordic myths is not my thing.
Sosoconfused
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 3:55:33 AM

Look through the various Gospels. They contradict each other. Same bible, but different authors of the Gospels. This brings into question, at the very least, the literal truth of the bible as the stories don't corroborate the other. Leaving us wondering, which version is correct and how come a divinely inspired document can be so disjointed? The only possible explanation for many of us is that it was written by man and not divinely inspired at all.
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 4:16:59 AM
At 2/3/2015 3:44:21 AM, 18Karl wrote:

Meh, taking ad homs from a person who does not grow up from neo-Nordic myths is not my thing.

18Karl wrote........Have read Genesis of both the KJV, NIV and GI.

Gentorev........But like all up and coming atheists, you would not have comprehended that which you had read.

As to we old dinosaurs, we have seen many of you young whipper snippers who are hardly out of your nappies and just at the dawn of the evolution of the mind that is you in development, and we know the changes that you will go through until the day you finally reach the stage of maturity, where you have enough accumulated knowledge to indulge in an intelligent debate, And so, until you have grown a brain, bye, bye sonny.
18Karl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 5:30:21 AM
At 2/3/2015 4:16:59 AM, Gentorev wrote:

Gentorev........But like all up and coming atheists, you would not have comprehended that which you had read.

As to we old dinosaurs, we have seen many of you young whipper snippers who are hardly out of your nappies and just at the dawn of the evolution of the mind that is you in development, and we know the changes that you will go through until the day you finally reach the stage of maturity, where you have enough accumulated knowledge to indulge in an intelligent debate, And so, until you have grown a brain, bye, bye sonny.

Bye Mr. Preacher. You've taught me one lesson: faith creates people like you. And people like you create societies like America. And societies like America create ISIS.
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 11:38:11 AM
At 2/3/2015 5:30:21 AM, 18Karl wrote:

Bye Mr. Preacher. You've taught me one lesson: faith creates people like you. And people like you create societies like America. And societies like America create ISIS.

Egad!!!

Shall I nominate this comment, or will we simply shoe it in on the strength of its sheer dazzling stupidity?
Gentorev
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 2:16:14 PM
At 2/3/2015 11:38:11 AM, ethang5 wrote:
At 2/3/2015 5:30:21 AM, 18Karl wrote:

Egad!!!

Shall I nominate this comment, or will we simply shoe it in on the strength of its sheer dazzling stupidity?

Ah, let him be, he's only a child who does not know what he is saying.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/3/2015 2:32:37 PM
Sure the bible has contradictions. It would be really-realy hard for it NOT to have them.

For the very few that have such a literal "divine hand" interpretation of the bible, this can be an issue. I can't see how accepting the general nonsense and not overlooking the small issues would be a problem for them, but it seems to bug some.