Jump to topic:

Are we seperate from god?

drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2015 1:40:09 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
In my other post on panentheism it seemed that one of the areas people had an issue with was that we are part of god. Think of the Hindu view where everything including humans are simply a manifestation of god. Not a seperate creation.

For those seperatists, Why do you think you are seperate from god?
Electric-Eccentric
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2015 3:33:51 PM
At 1/25/2015 1:40:09 PM, drpiek wrote:
In my other post on panentheism it seemed that one of the areas people had an issue with was that we are part of god. Think of the Hindu view where everything including humans are simply a manifestation of god. Not a seperate creation.

EE:
I saw the heading and thought, "that's a interesting question".

Now, I myself do not apply the many popular name tags to myself and what I believe, as there are none I know of that would "be a proper fit" for me personally.

WORDS are used to try and describe concepts,ideas and things put simply.

What does the word God/god mean overall?

Let us take a look at the difference between a God with a upper case G and a god with a lower case g.

WHY do we have upper and lower case letters? Just another method of applying name tags and separation of meaning.

The God with the BIG G is supposed to be something that is more real then the god with the little g is. The little g god is most times applied to fiction.

The way I personally view it when trying to express a concept that is not very popular for most,
is that the God with the BIG G is the Life force it's self that is within us and all around us in other living "things". Take away that Life force from a human or a flower and you have?

Now as for that god with the little g. I view it as I AM that god within my little clay pot of thoughts.

I view others as their own little g gods choosing to LEARN and GROW within their little and some larger clay pots of thoughts.

OR choosing to try and ESCAPE from the clay pot they reside in and day dream about living somewhere else in some other time.

What do you have when many clay pots of various sizes and age get together all in their own little worlds trying to explore the space beyond their clay pots that they are trying to escape from?

A nursery full of argument & confusion of coarse.

So, are we separate from God/god?

Seems it's mostly a matter of personal opinion and view point.
Life is what YOU make it,
Most just try and fake it...
drpiek
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2015 5:57:06 PM
At 1/25/2015 3:33:51 PM, Electric-Eccentric wrote:
At 1/25/2015 1:40:09 PM, drpiek wrote:

EE:
I saw the heading and thought, "that's a interesting question".

Now, I myself do not apply the many popular name tags to myself and what I believe, as there are none I know of that would "be a proper fit" for me personally.

WORDS are used to try and describe concepts,ideas and things put simply.

What does the word God/god mean overall?

Let us take a look at the difference between a God with a upper case G and a god with a lower case g.

WHY do we have upper and lower case letters? Just another method of applying name tags and separation of meaning.

The God with the BIG G is supposed to be something that is more real then the god with the little g is. The little g god is most times applied to fiction.

The way I personally view it when trying to express a concept that is not very popular for most,
is that the God with the BIG G is the Life force it's self that is within us and all around us in other living "things". Take away that Life force from a human or a flower and you have?

Now as for that god with the little g. I view it as I AM that god within my little clay pot of thoughts.

I view others as their own little g gods choosing to LEARN and GROW within their little and some larger clay pots of thoughts.

OR choosing to try and ESCAPE from the clay pot they reside in and day dream about living somewhere else in some other time.

What do you have when many clay pots of various sizes and age get together all in their own little worlds trying to explore the space beyond their clay pots that they are trying to escape from?

A nursery full of argument & confusion of coarse.

So, are we separate from God/god?

Seems it's mostly a matter of personal opinion and view point.

Overall I agree with your view.