Jump to topic:

Where have all the nutters gone?

JustCallMeTarzan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 4:42:58 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Is there nobody left that has crazy ideas about creationism, biblical errancy, "micro" evolution, stoning homosexuals, the political radical we call Christ??

Is there nobody but GodSands and DAT left to stand for these lunatic propositions? I'm quite saddened... I LOVE debating these topics... though we know DAT is to cowardly to debate and GodSands is incapable of debate... but I would love some fresh meat here.

Just sayin'
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 4:48:56 PM
I'm still here! Remember our debate on the Philadelphia experiments and teleportations?

Regarding your question, I think we have even better. We now have a bunch of philosophically inclined Christians who are more challenging and fun to debate.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 4:49:04 PM
cutie

interested in: Men

looking for: dating, a relationship

Christian

Wait what?

Gay Marriage: PRO

Oh.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 4:51:13 PM
At 6/24/2010 4:48:56 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
I'm still here! Remember our debate on the Philadelphia experiments and teleportations?

Regarding your question, I think we have even better. We now have a bunch of philosophically inclined Christians who are more challenging and fun to debate.

I guess I'm a nutter since I don't fit under that category. No, wait. I accept evolution so no, maybe I'm not a nutter.
JustCallMeTarzan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 5:37:47 PM
Oh we're all nutters in some way or another...

Geo I do remember the conspiracy debates - those were quite fun if I do say so myself... I don't even care if there are philosophically minded Christians here as long as they can actually put up an academic discussion. I had a great debate like that with InquireTruth once - truly epic.

I'm looking for Christians that want to debate topics that are actually willing to do so with some intellectual honesty and academic sourcing...
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 5:54:17 PM
At 6/24/2010 4:42:58 PM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:
Is there nobody left that has crazy ideas about creationism, biblical errancy, "micro" evolution, stoning homosexuals, the political radical we call Christ??

http://www.debate.org...
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 5:59:12 PM
At 6/24/2010 5:54:17 PM, Puck wrote:

He's a creationist? O.o
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 6:01:25 PM
At 6/24/2010 5:59:12 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

He's a creationist? O.o

Check recent threads in the science forum.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 6:03:18 PM
At 6/24/2010 6:01:25 PM, Puck wrote:
At 6/24/2010 5:59:12 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

He's a creationist? O.o

Check recent threads in the science forum.

Ah. I will just have to do that.
cjl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 6:32:41 PM
At 6/24/2010 4:49:04 PM, wjmelements wrote:
cutie

Christian

Wait what?

Oh.

Was this meant to me?
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 6:33:47 PM
At 6/24/2010 6:32:41 PM, cjl wrote:
cutie

Christian

Wait what?

Oh.

Was this meant to me?

Yes it was.
cjl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 6:35:09 PM
At 6/24/2010 5:37:47 PM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:
Oh we're all nutters in some way or another...

Geo I do remember the conspiracy debates - those were quite fun if I do say so myself... I don't even care if there are philosophically minded Christians here as long as they can actually put up an academic discussion. I had a great debate like that with InquireTruth once - truly epic.

I'm looking for Christians that want to debate topics that are actually willing to do so with some intellectual honesty and academic sourcing...

You just described me. Pick what you wish tarzan, and I will fight with all I have, then some. Come on, try it. What the worst that could happen? I get beat? I really don't care :)
cjl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 6:35:47 PM
At 6/24/2010 6:33:47 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
At 6/24/2010 6:32:41 PM, cjl wrote:
cutie

Christian

Wait what?

Oh.

Was this meant to me?

Yes it was.

In a bad way?
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 6:39:31 PM
At 6/24/2010 6:35:47 PM, cjl wrote:
In a bad way?

No, he just didn't understand how you could be a gay Christian, I'd imagine.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
cjl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 6:47:34 PM
At 6/24/2010 6:39:31 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 6/24/2010 6:35:47 PM, cjl wrote:
In a bad way?

No, he just didn't understand how you could be a gay Christian, I'd imagine.

Oh. Well, anything is possible until proven impossible. I could explain if you want.
CrappyDebater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 7:12:39 PM

Is there nobody but GodSands and DAT left to stand for these lunatic propositions? I'm quite saddened... I LOVE debating these topics... though we know DAT is to cowardly to debate and GodSands is incapable of debate... but I would love some fresh meat here.

Just sayin'

So your looking for people with "crazy" ideas? Interesting.
Anyway... I think a lot of YEC's are fading out.
What are you wanting to debate?
cjl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 7:27:02 PM
At 6/24/2010 7:12:39 PM, CrappyDebater wrote:

Just sayin'

I don't know all the details, but tarzan mentioned some ideas in his first post.
JustCallMeTarzan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 8:19:16 PM

Basically, if you have a problem with any of the following propositions, and are able to debate with some academic knowledge, you would qualify...

Jesus the Christ is Probably the Result of Creative Writing
The Bible is an Inconsistent
Abortion is Never Moral OR an Imperative
Gay Marriage Should be Legal in the United States
Atheists Cannot Provide an Account of Morality
God is Required for Moral Reasoning
Homosexuality is Morally Wrong
Given There is Only 1 "Perfect", God is/was Either Imperfect or Not Omnipotent.
There is no Biblical Support for YEC
Abortion Before a Fetus has a Functioning Brain is not Wrong.
God Seems to Dislike Small Children
By a Biblical Body Count, Satan is More Moral than God
The Following Character is Immoral and Undeserving of Respect

And last, but not least...

Absent Religious Prohibition, there is Nothing Morally Wrong with Adoptive Siblings Engaging in Consensual Recreational Sex After the Age of Consent.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 8:28:59 PM
At 6/24/2010 8:25:13 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:
I just don't understand what's so hard to believe about a Christian being homosexual?

Bible says to kill homosexuals.

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13)
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
Strikeeagle84015
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 8:31:02 PM
At 6/24/2010 8:19:16 PM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:

Basically, if you have a problem with any of the following propositions, and are able to debate with some academic knowledge, you would qualify...

Jesus the Christ is Probably the Result of Creative Writing
The Bible is an Inconsistent
Abortion is Never Moral OR an Imperative
Gay Marriage Should be Legal in the United States
Atheists Cannot Provide an Account of Morality
God is Required for Moral Reasoning
Homosexuality is Morally Wrong
Given There is Only 1 "Perfect", God is/was Either Imperfect or Not Omnipotent.
There is no Biblical Support for YEC
Abortion Before a Fetus has a Functioning Brain is not Wrong.
God Seems to Dislike Small Children
By a Biblical Body Count, Satan is More Moral than God
The Following Character is Immoral and Undeserving of Respect

And last, but not least...

Absent Religious Prohibition, there is Nothing Morally Wrong with Adoptive Siblings Engaging in Consensual Recreational Sex After the Age of Consent.

First off I would like to quote Kinesis I believe is how it's spelt his signature is "everyone on here believes something crazy" which I agree with

However I will debate
Gay Marriage should be legal in the United States taking Con position
God seems to dislike small children taking Con position
Could you elaborate on Atheists cannot give an account of morality
and God is Required for Moral Reasoning
: At 8/17/2010 7:17:56 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
: Hey dawg, i herd you like evangelical trolls so we put a bible thumper in yo bible thumper so you can troll while you troll!

Arguing with an atheist about God is very similar to arguing with a blind man about what the Sistine Chapel looks like
Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
The only way I will stop believing in God is if he appeared before me and told me that he did not exist.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 8:35:48 PM
At 6/24/2010 8:28:59 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
I just don't understand what's so hard to believe about a Christian being homosexual?

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13)

In the Bible, the Lord killed people because they didn't want to give away ten percent of their earnings. I'm telling you, although you may make fun of me for it, I openly interpret the Bible in different ways.

You guys make fun of me for it, but what can I say, I see the Bible as a work that is more focused on the love and compassion of Christ rather than specific stories.

I don't believe everything I read.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 8:36:27 PM
At 6/24/2010 8:35:48 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

In the Bible, the Lord killed people because they didn't want to give away ten percent of their earnings. I'm telling you, although you may make fun of me for it, I openly interpret the Bible in different ways.

You guys make fun of me for it, but what can I say, I see the Bible as a work that is more focused on the love and compassion of Christ rather than specific stories.

innomen is a homosexual Catholic. I believe he states that his religion is between him and the Lord directly. Cudos to him.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 8:37:20 PM

Yea, nobody ever follows that. It's funny. Mosaic Law has so much in common with Shari'a Law yet Christians are some of the first people to criticize the latter.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 8:39:56 PM

In the Bible, the Lord killed people because they didn't want to give away ten percent of their earnings.

Yes, God kills millions, but the verse I showed was him commanding other people to kill homosexuals for being gay.

I'm telling you, although you may make fun of me for it, I openly interpret the Bible in different ways.

Tell me how you interpret the passages about stoning and killing nonbelievers? Are those metaphors for love and happiness? I don't get it. The Bible is clear. There's no other way to interpret it.

Then you are being selective.

Then you deny that the Bible is the word of God. If you reject the Bible, you aren't a Christian.
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 8:40:07 PM
At 6/24/2010 8:37:20 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Yea, nobody ever follows that. It's funny. Mosaic Law has so much in common with Shari'a Law yet Christians are some of the first people to criticize the latter.

Most Christians completely ignore the Old Testament by stating that what truly matters is the beginning of Christ and what He did. My mother says that before Christ, Jews needed to do all of the sacrificing and follow tons of rules. My mother also says that the appearance of Christ showed that we don't need to follow all of these obnoxious rules.

The main thing I admire about Christ was his compassion for absolutely every person on the Earth; he was a miraculous person.
Strikeeagle84015
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 8:43:31 PM
At 6/24/2010 8:40:07 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

Most Christians completely ignore the Old Testament by stating that what truly matters is the beginning of Christ and what He did. My mother says that before Christ, Jews needed to do all of the sacrificing and follow tons of rules. My mother also says that the appearance of Christ showed that we don't need to follow all of these obnoxious rules.

The main thing I admire about Christ was his compassion for absolutely every person on the Earth; he was a miraculous person.

If I may offer my humble opinion on the subject

All of the sarifices the Jews preformed were in similitude of Christ's atonement and sacrifice for all of us
As for the Mosaic law it was set up to prepare the Jews to receive the full gospel of Christ the Jews just never managed to move beyond that

When Christ came he fulfilled the Mosaic Law completing it and ending it and replaced it with a different law
: At 8/17/2010 7:17:56 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
: Hey dawg, i herd you like evangelical trolls so we put a bible thumper in yo bible thumper so you can troll while you troll!

Arguing with an atheist about God is very similar to arguing with a blind man about what the Sistine Chapel looks like
Marilyn Poe

Strikeeagle wrote
The only way I will stop believing in God is if he appeared before me and told me that he did not exist.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 8:43:38 PM
At 6/24/2010 8:39:56 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

In the Bible, the Lord killed people because they didn't want to give away ten percent of their earnings.

Yes, God kills millions, but the verse I showed was him commanding other people to kill homosexuals for being gay.

I understand. I will not follow it; I believe Christ would have never killed anyone for being homosexual.

I'm telling you, although you may make fun of me for it, I openly interpret the Bible in different ways.

Tell me how you interpret the passages about stoning and killing nonbelievers? Are those metaphors for love and happiness? I don't get it. The Bible is clear. There's no other way to interpret it.

I believe it is showing the beliefs of many people before the era of Christ. Christ would never stone nor kill anyone; his mission was to save people from sin and to teach them to love one another. Stoning and killing are stupid.

Then you are being selective.

Not quite selective. I focus more on Christ and interpret what I believe to be his morals and characteristics.

Then you deny that the Bible is the word of God. If you reject the Bible, you aren't a Christian.

'Tis not that. I believe that the Bible was written by men, inspired by God, to try to emphasize the significane of Christ in a world full of evils and misery. I am a Christian, thank you very much.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2010 8:44:25 PM
At 6/24/2010 8:43:31 PM, Strikeeagle84015 wrote:
At 6/24/2010 8:40:07 PM, studentathletechristian8 wrote:

If I may offer my humble opinion on the subject

All of the sarifices the Jews preformed were in similitude of Christ's atonement and sacrifice for all of us
As for the Mosaic law it was set up to prepare the Jews to receive the full gospel of Christ the Jews just never managed to move beyond that

When Christ came he fulfilled the Mosaic Law completing it and ending it and replaced it with a different law

Exactly.

Look at Old Covenant vs. New Covenant.

New Covenant = the key.