Jump to topic:

An observation about "God"

Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 5:48:50 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
In case you had not noticed people for a very very long time having being telling other people what Gods wants and did or will do.

For example there are some people who will tell who not only does God hate homosexuality/homosexuals/same sex marriage etc that in response it caused an earthquake or some natural disaster.

Now here is the thing God doesn't confirm such claims nor denies. So people are free to make any claim they want and make any claim they will.

And seeing that we live in such a world of Gods non action in this regard some people are going to exploit this fact and exploited they have, having knowledge in the fact that hey at least they can't be proven wrong, it's not like God is going to talk for it's self now is it ?

Interesting approach if such a God exists.............
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
GoldenGraham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 5:54:59 PM
At 1/26/2015 5:48:50 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
In case you had not noticed people for a very very long time having being telling other people what Gods wants and did or will do.

For example there are some people who will tell who not only does God hate homosexuality/homosexuals/same sex marriage etc that in response it caused an earthquake or some natural disaster.

Now here is the thing God doesn't confirm such claims nor denies. So people are free to make any claim they want and make any claim they will.

And seeing that we live in such a world of Gods non action in this regard some people are going to exploit this fact and exploited they have, having knowledge in the fact that hey at least they can't be proven wrong, it's not like God is going to talk for it's self now is it ?

Um, maybe I just am not understanding what your saying do to the many errors in your typing, but if you could, I am new and would like to receive briefly your words as to what you are saying here? Your title caught my attention, for I dont believe Ive ever seen anyone say, An observation about God before. Quite intriguing.
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 6:09:23 PM

It all depends on what type of tin foil hats they are wearing. Some of those tin foil hats affect the brain waves.
God hates (.... fill in what you hate..... ) in the minds of all the people who also hate (.... fill in what you hate.... )
When people claim "God hates X" it is just a way for them to place some artificial authority on the things they hate in order to validate and justify their own hatred.
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 6:15:11 PM
At 1/26/2015 5:54:59 PM, GoldenGraham wrote:

Um, maybe I just am not understanding what your saying do to the many errors in your typing, but if you could, I am new and would like to receive briefly your words as to what you are saying here? Your title caught my attention, for I dont believe Ive ever seen anyone say, An observation about God before. Quite intriguing.

Okey I will try and give an example to illustrate the point I am making..........

1) Some person will make a claim about God, eg God sent an earth quake cause he is angry over gay marriage being allowed or allowing woman drivers.

2) Ask God whether that is true

3) God gives no answer, God neither confirms nor denies. (Divine silence)
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
GoldenGraham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 6:42:38 PM
At 1/26/2015 6:15:11 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Okey I will try and give an example to illustrate the point I am making..........
Thank you.

1) Some person will make a claim about God, eg God sent an earth quake cause he is angry over gay marriage being allowed or allowing woman drivers.
That's a bit outrageous. But ok?

Ummm,...

Regarding anything, what if silence is God's answer?
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 7:04:31 PM
At 1/26/2015 6:42:38 PM, GoldenGraham wrote:

Thank you.

Ummm,...

I guess I would just repeat what I said before. If divine silence is Gods answer (which of course is more of a non answer) then mankind will exploit this fact as they are free to claim what ever about God knowing that hey at least I can't be proven wrong since God isn't going to confirm or deny what is said about God by your fellow human beings.
GoldenGraham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 7:27:39 PM
At 1/26/2015 7:04:31 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Thank you.

Ummm,...

I guess I would just repeat what I said before. If divine silence is Gods answer (which of course is more of a non answer) then mankind will exploit this fact as they are free to claim what ever about God knowing that hey at least I can't be proven wrong since God isn't going to confirm or deny what is said about God by your fellow human beings.

That's an interesting concept. Okay, work with me, I'm just asking just to see your thoughts is all not saying I agree or disagree.

What if God, showed a sign that His silence is a "no"? Would it still be that mankind is just saying whatever to ease they're minds or blame someone?
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 7:38:25 PM
At 1/26/2015 7:27:39 PM, GoldenGraham wrote:
At 1/26/2015 7:04:31 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Thank you.

Ummm,...

That's an interesting concept. Okay, work with me, I'm just asking just to see your thoughts is all not saying I agree or disagree.

What if God, showed a sign that His silence is a "no"? Would it still be that mankind is just saying whatever to ease they're minds or blame someone?

I am not too sure I get you here but it sounds lie your putting forth something like let's works on the assumption that silence from God = no ?

1) Hey God should we kills gays ? (silence) ok so that is a no people.

2) Hey God should we let the gays live ? (silence) ok so that's a no people
Skyangel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 7:53:40 PM
At 1/26/2015 7:38:25 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 1/26/2015 7:27:39 PM, GoldenGraham wrote:

I am not too sure I get you here but it sounds lie your putting forth something like let's works on the assumption that silence from God = no ?

Just don't do anything at all and you should be safe enough. React to silence with silence.
Hear nothing, say nothing, do nothing. That will fix everything.

Everyone off the net now, so you don't write something that might offend someone else or read something that might offend you.
GoldenGraham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2015 8:29:48 PM
At 1/26/2015 7:38:25 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

no,.. But I see what you are getting at...
ethang5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 11:10:48 AM

Jhn 7:17 - If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

Jhn 10:4 - And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

Jhn 14:23 - Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

1Jo 4:13 - By this we know that we abide in Him, and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit.

1Jo 5:20 - And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him who is true;
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 12:30:35 PM

Most people who read the Bible ignore scriptures like these;

Amos 4
13: For lo, he who forms the mountains, and creates the wind, and declares to man what is his thought;

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

Jeremiah 32:
23: and they entered and took possession of it. But they did not obey thy voice or walk in thy law; they did nothing of all thou didst command them to do. Therefore thou hast made all this evil come upon them.

Deuteronomy 32
39: "`See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god beside me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand.

Exodus 4:
10: But Moses said to the LORD, "Oh, my Lord, I am not eloquent, either heretofore or since thou hast spoken to thy servant; but I am slow of speech and of tongue."
11: Then the LORD said to him, "Who has made man's mouth? Who makes him dumb, or deaf, or seeing, or blind? Is it not I, the LORD?
12: Now therefore go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall speak."

I Samuel 2
2: There is none holy like the Lord, there is none besides thee; there is no rock like our God.
3: Talk no more so very proudly, let not arrogance come from your mouth; for the Lord is a God of knowledge, and by him actions are weighed.
4: The bows of the mighty are broken, but the feeble gird on strength.
5: Those who were full have hired themselves out for bread but those who were hungry have ceased to hunger. The barren has borne seven, but she who has many children is forlorn.
6: The Lord kills and brings to life; he brings down to Sheol and raises up.
7: The Lord makes poor and makes rich; he brings low, he also exalts.
8: He raises up the poor from the dust; he lifts the needy from the ask heap, to make them sit with princes and inherit a seat of honor. For the pillars of the earth are the Lord"s, and on them he has set the world.
9: "He will guard the feet of his faithful ones; but the wicked shall be cut off in darkness; for not by might shall a man pervail.
10: The adversaries of the Lord shall be broken to pieces; against them he will thunder in heaven. The Lord will judge the ends of the earth; he will give strength to his king, and exalt the power of his anointed."

Psalm 33
8: Let all the earth fear the LORD, let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him!
9: For he spoke, and it came to be; he commanded, and it stood forth.
10: The LORD brings the counsel of the nations to nought; he frustrates the plans of the peoples.
11: The counsel of the LORD stands for ever, the thoughts of his heart to all generations.
12: Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD, the people whom he has chosen as his heritage!
13: The LORD looks down from heaven, he sees all the sons of men;
14: from where he sits enthroned he looks forth on all the inhabitants of the earth,
15: he who fashions the hearts of them all, and observes all their deeds.
16: A king is not saved by his great army; a warrior is not delivered by his great strength.
17: The war horse is a vain hope for victory, and by its great might it cannot save.

Psalm 92
5: How great are thy works, O LORD! Thy thoughts are very deep!
6: The dull man cannot know, the stupid cannot understand this:
7: that, though the wicked sprout like grass and all evildoers flourish, they are doomed to destruction for ever,
8: but thou, O LORD, art on high for ever.

Psalm 94
7: and they say, "The LORD does not see; the God of Jacob does not perceive."
8: Understand, O dullest of the people! Fools, when will you be wise?
9: He who planted the ear, does he not hear? He who formed the eye, does he not see?
10: He who chastens the nations, does he not chastise? He who teaches men knowledge,
11: the LORD, knows the thoughts of man, that they are but a breath.

Psalm 139
17: How precious to me are thy thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!

Man can't understand that all his thoughts originated in the mind of our Creator.