Jump to topic:

Teaching by illustrations alone

MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 11:43:44 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Jesus admitted to his disciples that he only ever taught in illustrations, "parables".

Why?

Well his explanation is as follows:

Matthew 13:10-15
YLT(i) 10 And the disciples having come near, said to him, `Wherefore in similes dost thou speak to them?' 11 And he answering said to them that"`To you it hath been given to know the secrets of the reign of the heavens, and to these it hath not been given, 12 for whoever hath, it shall be given to him, and he shall have overabundance, and whoever hath not, even that which he hath shall be taken from him. 13 `Because of this, in similes do I speak to them, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor understand, 14 and fulfilled on them is the prophecy of Isaiah, that saith, With hearing ye shall hear, and ye shall not understand, and seeing ye shall see, and ye shall not perceive,15 for made gross was the heart of this people, and with the ears they heard heavily, and their eyes they did close, lest they might see with the eyes, and with the ears might hear, and with the heart understand, and turn back, and I might heal them.

So why deliberately ask in a way that people would not understand?

Well as some people"s reactions to what I show, there are basically three types of people at times like this.

1) There are those who are completely uninterested, and in fact simply antagonistic.
2) There are those who may or may not be a little interested, but not enough to ask questions.
3)Then there are those who are interested, and intelligent enough to ask why Jesus said what he said, even today.
Jesus wasn"t interested in the first two types. However he was very interested in those who were humble enough to admit they didn"t understand and actually approach him and ask questions.

Such ones are precisely what Jesus wants at his side today, and whilst not all will agree with what he teaches and will wander away, at least they had the humility, and common decency, to ask.

We all need to think very hard about which type we are.
DanneJeRusse
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 11:55:18 AM
At 1/27/2015 11:43:44 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Jesus admitted to his disciples that he only ever taught in illustrations, "parables".

Why?

YLT(i) 10 And the disciples having come near, said to him, `Wherefore in similes dost thou speak to them?' 11 And he answering said to them that"`To you it hath been given to know the secrets of the reign of the heavens, and to these it hath not been given, 12 for whoever hath, it shall be given to him, and he shall have overabundance, and whoever hath not, even that which he hath shall be taken from him. 13 `Because of this, in similes do I speak to them, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor understand, 14 and fulfilled on them is the prophecy of Isaiah, that saith, With hearing ye shall hear, and ye shall not understand, and seeing ye shall see, and ye shall not perceive,15 for made gross was the heart of this people, and with the ears they heard heavily, and their eyes they did close, lest they might see with the eyes, and with the ears might hear, and with the heart understand, and turn back, and I might heal them.

Well as some people"s reactions to what I show, there are basically three types of people at times like this.

1) There are those who are completely uninterested, and in fact simply antagonistic.
2) There are those who may or may not be a little interested, but not enough to ask questions.
3)Then there are those who are interested, and intelligent enough to ask why Jesus said what he said, even today.
Jesus wasn"t interested in the first two types. However he was very interested in those who were humble enough to admit they didn"t understand and actually approach him and ask questions.

Such ones are precisely what Jesus wants at his side today, and whilst not all will agree with what he teaches and will wander away, at least they had the humility, and common decency, to ask.

We know which type you are, a hypocrite who tells us Satan is pure evil, yet uses the products Satan has developed for mankind. You also live in sin as an adulterer and fornicator who will be judged very harshly by God.

Your illustrations here proved that.
Marrying a 6 year old and waiting until she reaches puberty and maturity before having consensual sex is better than walking up to
a stranger in a bar and proceeding to have relations with no valid proof of the intent of the person. Muhammad wins. ~ Fatihah
If they don't want to be killed then they have to subdue to the Islamic laws. - Uncung
Without God, you are lower than sh!t. ~ SpiritandTruth
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 12:02:59 PM

Why?

Jesus and all the rest of us saints were used by our Creator to testify to His knowledge. Once we have the knowledge to start speaking for Him, He sends us out to find His chosen believers who were designed to listen to our gospel. After 42 months of witnessing to these chosen believers, the antichrists ( unbelievers ) get jealous and angry enough to seek the death of our bodies according to God's plan. Here are the prophecies that show us saints getting killed for our testimonies to the Word of God;

Psalm 116
16. Precious in the sight of thy Lord is the death of his saints

Psalm 79.
1. O God, the heathen have come into thy inheritance; they have defiled they holy temple; they have laid Jerusalem in ruins.
2. They have given the bodies of thy servants to the birds of the air for food, the flesh of thy saints to the beasts of the earth.
3. They have poured out their blood like water round about Jerusalem, and there was none to bury them.

Revelation 6
9: When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the witness they had borne;
10: they cried out with a loud voice, "O Sovereign Lord, holy and true, how long before thou wilt judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell upon the earth?"
11: Then they were each given a white robe and told to rest a little longer, until the number of their fellow servants and their brethren should be complete, who were to be killed as they themselves had been.

Revelation 11
3: And I will grant my two witnesses power to prophesy for one thousand two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth."
4: These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands which stand before the Lord of the earth.
5: And if any one would harm them, fire pours out from their mouth and consumes their foes; if any one would harm them, thus he is doomed to be killed.
6: They have power to shut the sky, that no rain may fall during the days of their prophesying, and they have power over the waters to turn them into blood, and to smite the earth with every plague, as often as they desire.
7: And when they have finished their testimony, the beast that ascends from the bottomless pit will make war upon them and conquer them and kill them,

Revelation 20
4: Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom judgment was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their testimony to Jesus and for the word of God, and who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life, and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
Sterling.Dragon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 12:09:49 PM

Why?

You have, essentially, likened yourself to the christ, as though you are here, "teaching" us. Aside from the pomposity of such a proposition (not to mention ridiculousness), the sheer smug arrogance with which you deliver your assertions and claims to having examined the ethereal "evidence" to which you so often allude but never present leaves us laughing at you in a manner that the christ character would likely never have received. You deliver your assertions in a manner that suggests that you have some form of authority, and that you have zero chance of being incorrect about anything. You pompously equate intelligence to asking questions of something that isn't even close to believable. You have demonstrated yourself to be a smug, condescending, pompous D-bag, and you don't merit having anyone show you any interest in your "teaching." What you "teach" comes from the bible. What few point there are in the bible that are worth learning were delivered by philosophers and thinkers that existed LONG before that drivel was compiled. The greatest among these is the "Golden Rule." This is also known (if memory serves me well enough) as the Ethic of Reciprocity. There have been many forms of this principle, but the oldest known appears to have come from ancient Babylon (an empire your bible condemns). The ability to reason is mankind's greatest tool. It's simple and rational use, even in minimal form, tells me that your bible is of little use, to modern man. Your words are worth even less.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 12:26:39 PM
At 1/27/2015 12:09:49 PM, Sterling.Dragon wrote:

Why?

You have, essentially, likened yourself to the christ, as though you are here, "teaching" us. Aside from the pomposity of such a proposition (not to mention ridiculousness), the sheer smug arrogance with which you deliver your assertions and claims to having examined the ethereal "evidence" to which you so often allude but never present leaves us laughing at you in a manner that the christ character would likely never have received. You deliver your assertions in a manner that suggests that you have some form of authority, and that you have zero chance of being incorrect about anything. You pompously equate intelligence to asking questions of something that isn't even close to believable. You have demonstrated yourself to be a smug, condescending, pompous D-bag, and you don't merit having anyone show you any interest in your "teaching." What you "teach" comes from the bible. What few point there are in the bible that are worth learning were delivered by philosophers and thinkers that existed LONG before that drivel was compiled. The greatest among these is the "Golden Rule." This is also known (if memory serves me well enough) as the Ethic of Reciprocity. There have been many forms of this principle, but the oldest known appears to have come from ancient Babylon (an empire your bible condemns). The ability to reason is mankind's greatest tool. It's simple and rational use, even in minimal form, tells me that your bible is of little use, to modern man. Your words are worth even less.

Only in that, like the Apostles before me, I do all I can to imitate him.

I present the evidence of my spiritual connection daily, in my understanding of God's word, and in my displaying most of the fruitage displayed at Gallatians 5:22, which are the signs by which to recognise those who are aided by holys spirit. "Galatians 5:22-23
YLT(i) 22 And the fruit of the Spirit is: Love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, 23 meekness, temperance: against such there is no law;"

As long as I stick by God's word and the understanding granted to me I do stand no chance of being wrong. I am only ever wrong when I diverge away from that, whihc I try never to do.

God is perfect and would not mislead me.

It is not only close to believable it is 100% true, as all will one day find out. I am just trying to alert people to the truth of it before it is too late for them to learn.

Those who refuse to accept it despite the growing evidence for it will suffer the consequences of their decision.

I cannot speak other than as I do, it would be a lie and a betrayal of the loyalty of God to his servants.

Of course the ability to reason is one of the greatest gifts of God, he is a God of reason, and if you were to use it on scripture it would help you to see the truth of what God is telling us.

However your present stance goes completely against reason.
Sterling.Dragon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 12:42:35 PM
At 1/27/2015 12:26:39 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Why?

Funny, I don't see it.

I present the evidence of my spiritual connection daily, in my understanding of God's word, and in my displaying most of the fruitage displayed at Gallatians 5:22, which are the signs by which to recognise those who are aided by holys spirit. "Galatians 5:22-23
YLT(i) 22 And the fruit of the Spirit is: Love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, 23 meekness, temperance: against such there is no law;"

I have yet to see you display "meekness," "kindness," "goodness," or "temperance." The rest are subject to interpretation.

As long as I stick by God's word and the understanding granted to me I do stand no chance of being wrong. I am only ever wrong when I diverge away from that, whihc I try never to do.

There is no god as any human has ever defined. Thus, there can be no "word of" god. Your "knowledge" is without merit.

Now, if only yours existed, and could actually make an action such as "lead" anyone. You'd be set!

It is not only close to believable it is 100% true, as all will one day find out. I am just trying to alert people to the truth of it before it is too late for them to learn.

Yet another assertion. You couldn't possibly begin to know that...

Those who refuse to accept it despite the growing evidence for it will suffer the consequences of their decision.

More alluding to "evidence." Would you mind, for once, sharing said "evidence?"

I cannot speak other than as I do, it would be a lie and a betrayal of the loyalty of God to his servants.

Garbage. Useless.

Of course the ability to reason is one of the greatest gifts of God, he is a God of reason, and if you were to use it on scripture it would help you to see the truth of what God is telling us.

A "god of reason?" ROFL!!!
Eternal punishment for seven or eight decades of human life...
Punishment of billions for the actions of one pair...
Torture and death of his own "son" exchanged for the trillions upon trillions of "sins"...
Religion...
Starving children...
Abused children...
Abused wives (mostly at the hands of religious men)...
The list is endless. Every bit of the list contradicts your assessment.

How? As supported by what? In accordance with what standard? As determined by what measure? By whose judgment? How could you possibly know such judgment? Who, precisely, do you think you are?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/27/2015 12:46:24 PM
At 1/27/2015 12:26:39 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Why?

God is perfect but He mislead every one of His people with the tree of the knowledge of good and evil starting with His first created man named Adam and Eve in the flesh that they believed was their reality. They had no idea what the tree of life meant and neither does any Christian or other religious person on this planet.